[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Limits of Control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Bill Murray as the American.png (812 KB, 1275x684) Image search: [Google]
Bill Murray as the American.png
812 KB, 1275x684
Have you watched this, /tv/? What are your thoughts?
>>
Jim Jarmusch is offensively bad. I watch his movie and think "why the fuck is he doing this to me?! Surely, this is just some sort of joke and the movie will get better." But it doesn't. It just doesn't. I called the cop after I watched Limits of Control because even though Bill Murray's name was on the box, he only showed up for a few minutes. The responder said they were getting a lot of calls, but that Jarmusch technically hadn't done anything illegal, so they couldn't arrest him. I asked what I should do, and she started crying, saying "I don't know. I just don't know."
>>
I loved it.
>>
>Let me do something
>let me repeat it
>let me repeat it again
>let me repeat it again
>let me repeat it again
>climax
>the end
>>
>>70709223
So?
>>
Great movie, but the Bill Murray ending felt a little to different in tone to the rest of the movie. I get what they were trying to do with that scene and character, but it didn't work as well as they think it did.
>>
>>70709223
But symbolism!

My beff is with the message of the movie.

First, a guy looks at the group of gays and says that they are the new "Bohema". Now, "My father was a real Bohemian. I mean, he lived in Prague". OK, so the writers criticize the modern pleb-like hipsters, right?

But then it turns out that the American (Bill Murray) is the one hating the "New Bohemians", and their related arts, science and the ideas of "subjective reality". The Lone Man was actually hired by the Bohemians to kill the American in the name of art.

Are we supposed to be happy that the American is killed and the Bohemians and their new, modern art and science triumph? But, the triumph comes from murder, from the break of morality. What's the message here?

The most I could gather was that the "He who thinks he is bigger than the rest must go to the cemetery" part is the main message. But, that applies to both the American and the Bohemians. The first, since he thinks himself above modern art and sees it as degenerate, and the latter, since they see it fit to murder someone who doesn't agree with them.

Or maybe the author just hates that there are Americans at Gibraltar.
>>
>>70709423
You didn't understand the movie. At all.
>>
>>70709439
Please, implore me on its meaning.
>>
>>70709478
???

I'm not sure what you mean. Implore?
>>
>>70709614
Explain what the movie was really about.
>>
File: 3493.jpg (236 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3493.jpg
236 KB, 800x600
>>70709639
Are you for real?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.