[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should I stop with Friday the 13th series /tv/? Watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: Friday8.jpg (67 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Friday8.jpg
67 KB, 300x445
Where should I stop with Friday the 13th series /tv/? Watched the first four movies and loving it
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463197979923.jpg (35 KB, 542x395) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463197979923.jpg
35 KB, 542x395
>>70662125
You can't stop you haft to finish them all.
>>
>>70662125
they're all good except Jason Takes Manhattan and the reboot
>>
>>70662125
Keep going, OP. If you want to consume tasty slasher burgers, you gotta try them all, even the ones filled with shit (*especially* the ones filled with shit).

But they do actually get worse from here on out, be warned.
5 - enjoy it for the tits and gore
6 - enjoy it for the goofiness
7 - keep in mind it was cut to shit by the MPAA and enjoy the silly plot and jason's aesthetic
8 - enjoy the one good scene when jason boxes the dude
9 - enjoy it for its Tales From the Crypt vibe
X - enjoy it for the final hologram
FvJ - enjoy what was almost a good movie
remake - enjoy those perfect titties
>>
>>70662239
Jason Takes Manhattan as bad as it is it's still great. IMO
>>
Pic-related is the best
>>
>>70662434
Agreed, Part V is a close runner-up
>>
OP here, I'll watch them all, thanks anons. I'm loving it so far
>>
>>70662372
It's just hard not the think about the wasted potential, if only the studio wasn't a bunch of cheap faggots and let them make the the movie they wanted to make
>>
>>70662621
and when you're done watch the documentary Crystal Lake Memories
>>
>>70662640
What happened with the studio?
>>
>>70662434
Part 6 was the only one with an actual plot. and the only Jason movie where the camp was opened with kids
Part 6 was also the one that had the most character development. almost felt like a real movie
>>
>>70662862
Originally the entire film was going to be set in Manhattan, with Jason wreaking havoc in the streets. But the studio balked at how expensive it would be to film in that location, so the entire movie was altered and instead takes place in a boat on its way to Manhattan, with only one scene in the city itself

They took a great concept and transformed it into a shitty bait-and-switch
>>
>>70662239
the reboot had the most brutal jason, what the fuck are you talking about kid? the reboot had a smart Jason too. which never happened before
>>
>>70662434
jarvis qt
>>
>>70662239
The reboot wasn't bad though. I mean, It was a Friday the 13 film, just like all the other ones. as compared the last films of 8-Freddy with their gimmicks, it was a nice return to basics.
>>
>>70662341
Got a pic of those titties?
>>
>>70662991
>>70663006
Maybe I need to rewatch it, but I just wasn't feeling it. I admit to being predisposed to disliking reboots
>>
>>70662372
did he have any idea who he was stealing from?
>>
File: juliannaguill.jpg (213 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
juliannaguill.jpg
213 KB, 1920x800
>>70662239
the reboot had the best sex scene in the series
>>
>>70663093
maybe? it seems like a good alternate to Friday part 3. A living Jason and one where he gains his mask.
>>
>>70662239
The reboot is better than Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell, the Jason is brutal as fuck and the MPAA was a lot more lenient at this point so the deaths look great. It is also the best horror remake when you compare it to the Nightmare or Halloween remake.
>>
File: jason-voorhees-head-punch.gif (2 MB, 477x270) Image search: [Google]
jason-voorhees-head-punch.gif
2 MB, 477x270
>>70662584
>part V
>Jason isn't the killer it's a fucking middle-aged paramedic
>>
Watch them all. If you get bored, stop. I stopped at Jason Goes to Hell during a marathon.
>>
>>70663258
perhaps it was a tie-in with the tvshow with Jason's mask?
>>
File: jason-x10[1].png (359 KB, 800x456) Image search: [Google]
jason-x10[1].png
359 KB, 800x456
>>70663271
damn, so close

might as well check out Jason X for its ridiculousness
>>
>>70663258
I liked that though, Part V is so ridiculous and over-the-top and the reveal so dumbfounding I can't help but love it

So underrated
>>
>>70663136
I was prepared for everything in this movie but those tits
>>
>>70663322
anyone have a .gif of the sleeping bag scene?
>>
File: image.jpg (796 KB, 1922x2859) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
796 KB, 1922x2859
Avoid like the plague

Watch the rest
>>
>>70663708
Part 7 one is better you memeing faggot
>>
You can skip the remake if you want to, the rest are worth watching for historical value alone.

freddy V jason is alright
>>
>>70662125

None of them are all that great. 4 is the only "good" one.
>>
>>70662195
This. Their all great. Jason rules.
>>
I'll always have a soft spot for 7. Something is just super satisfying about seeing Jason getting his shit pushed in by a girl with telekinesis after all that time. Even though Tommy hacked him to pieces in 4, it's a lot more cathartic here.
>>
>Most overrated
Part VI. Nothing particularly memorable IMO. No scares, didn't really feel like a Friday the 13th movie.

>Most underrated
Part V. Only thing that I think lets it down in peoples' eyes is that the killer isn't Jason, which doesn't really impact the movie until the very ending. Besides that it feels pretty similar to 3 and 4. Just with wackier characters.

Also Part VII, which was pretty entertaining. I think it had a better balance of comedy and horror than Part VI.
>>
>>70669026

It was basically Carrie vs. Jason, so I enjoyed it. However it really highlights how bullshit Jason is. An explosion won't kill him? Then what will? How are we supposed to believe any protagonist he faces can kill him?
>>
>>70663136
"Your nipple placement is spectacular"
I have a feeling that wasnt in the script
>>
File: jason-voorhees-friday-the-13th.jpg (156 KB, 1040x776) Image search: [Google]
jason-voorhees-friday-the-13th.jpg
156 KB, 1040x776
Parts IV & VI are my personal favourites.
For all the shit the remake gets, I really enjoyed it. Felt like a real Friday the 13th film, unlike the last few in the series.

That being said though, Anon. Watch them all, it's your duty as a lover of slashkino.
>>
HE'S BACK
THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.