[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peaky Blinders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: PB.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
PB.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
What did you think of season 3?

I thought it was a lot less 'fun' than the first two seasons, with fewer colorful characters and situations. However, it did a good job developing the main characters. Some of the episodes had less action, but the finale made up for all that with the tunneling.

I just wish we'd seen/learned more about the oddfellows and churchill. Was Churchill an oddfellow, therefore an antagonist?

Also, [spoilers] who do you think the "even more powerful people" that he made a deal with are [/spoiler]
>>
File: hes a big goy.png (3 MB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
hes a big goy.png
3 MB, 1280x690
>>70637482
I thought it was enjoyably deranged. They've come a long way from knocking off bookies. I liked the Russians, I thought they were underused actually. The Priest was a bit of a non-event. High point, totally not memeing, was the basement scene with Solomons.

>Was Churchill an oddfellow, therefore an antagonist?
I think the whole plan - provoking the Soviets - was his idea to begin with and he got the Shelbys into his debt purely to pull off that plan. No idea what Tommy's going to do know but naturally he will have something planned. Two more seasons confirmed, after all.
>>
>>70637584
I agree with everything in your first paragraph. I hope we won't have to wait as long for s4
>>
felt like a parody of itself

all the worst aspects of the show from previous seasons, turned to 11
>>
>>70638659
What do you consider the worse aspects? Family/romance and music?
>>
I watched the first episode of season 1, wasn't really intrigued by the plot and the setting. Is it still worth it?
>>
Set 100 years ago.

>artic monkees start playing

I love this show but I can't stand the music.
>>
>>70637482
they killed the best character and didn't bring in the horse trainer to replace her, instead they brought in the lunatic russian
>>
>>70640761
>Grace
>best character
>AH TOMMY TOMMY BABEE TOMMY BABEE BABEE TOMMY BABEE TOMMY TOMMY
I wasn't really a fan myself, but I think she left to go make the new Mummy movie
>>
>>70640828
she was a spy who slayed people

>>
>>70637482
Ive only seen the first season since the local TV station still haven't aired the new seasons.
Great stuff nice twists all all that.Well dome over all
>>
>>70640494
season 2 ups the ante, but if you get halfway through season 2 and it doesn't have any grip on you at all then it's not for you.

>>70640620
Some of their music choices for certain parts have been god tier like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3ZHDDqZew

But in general, I agree, the Nu Blues Rock soundtrack is generally awful. I think contemporary music can work perfectly with period pieces if handled correctly. See the knick/cliff martinez:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB9AWR7v5vs&index=9&list=PLpjhZMoi8k8VYgN1bgnhDNahyUf7Nv_6Q

but if you just say "hey this is popular with the kids, splice it in" it fucks everything up and you get The Great Gatsby (2013). I think a good example is the first episode this season where they tell the band to play in order to cover the sound of the russian getting shot and we get two seconds of big band then it turns into some arctic monkeys type bullshit.

Also, this season was a little more disjointed. There were some things that weren't communicated well. Great job upping the stakes, but not so much with "look how this plan came together". Then again, I guess that's good or else you get mary-sue syndrome like Kevin Spacey's character in House of Cards.
>>
File: Peaky Blinders S02E03 (1).webm (3 MB, 720x388) Image search: [Google]
Peaky Blinders S02E03 (1).webm
3 MB, 720x388
>>70641013
>Some of their music choices for certain parts have been god tier like:
All the PJ Harvey stuff has been fantastic, and great scenes too; like her cover of Red Right Hand in this scene
>>
Didn't quite get S3 E6 endling?
Did Tommy actually make a deal with the people higher than the Oddfellows or did he just give up his whole family to save himself?
>>
>>70642777
Well we don't really know yet anon
He's always got his plan of course
>>
>>70642777
I'm sure he made a deal. The whole series he's only burned anyone loyal to him if it has been for the greater good of the family (at least financial greater good). He's not much for engaging in pleasures, so I'm sure he was telling the truth.
>>
>>70643000
>>70643039
Read that there will a season 4/5 so hopefully this is true.
Although this would kind of make a good finish to the series leaving us wondering...
>>
>>70637482
>Also, [spoilers] who do you think the "even more powerful people" that he made a deal with are [/spoiler]

Yeah, I don't get this part?

He was working for the government, so who is more powerful then them?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.