[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Powers? It's super low budget but still manages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 11243535232323.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
11243535232323.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on Powers? It's super low budget but still manages to be fairly interesting, one of the few good things Sony is involved in.
>>
>>70597910
Just marathoned the first half of the first episode. Jumped on 4chan while my girl's in the bathroom.

Not sure why they've changed so much of the story, the original worked well. I think the show is worse off having Walker's former identity widely known from the get go.

Deena being black has no impact on the story. At all. So why does it matter? So why even do it? I read some blacks were angry that she was made black because then a black woman is 'inheriting the faults, failures and weaknesses of Pilgrim'.
Apparently race-bending is only allowed if the character is perfect and infallible.

I hated the guy they picked to be Walker, but he's starting to grow on me. Just a little.
>>
>>70597910
tits
>>
File: 1417380992068.png (983 KB, 1104x759) Image search: [Google]
1417380992068.png
983 KB, 1104x759
>>70598149
don't be lewd to my Russianfu, Anon
>>
>>70598423
tiiiiiiiiiits
>>
>>70598423
welp, time to download the movie
>>
the comics were more dark and chicago

the tv series is more shiny and LA
>>
>>70600588

also no nigger partner and Sharlto's character is supposed to be brick mclargehuge
>>
"It's not a good show" - Huber.
>>
>>70597910
I love its take on capeshit. A lot darker and more cynical than usual :)
>>
>>70597910
The girl on the right, can't remember her name, is annoying as fuck. Are we supposed to like her?
>>
>>70600967
This. Just watched the first two episodes, she is an annoying, selfish, childish cunt. I can't imagine she gets any better.

Also, I don't think any of the changes to characters, pacing or storylines has been for the better.
>>
>>70601033
The series is pretty much crap tbqh, but in a campy way that makes it rather entertaining
>>
>>70601090
The end of the first episode tho, with Walker diving off the building to save the girl, hoping against hope that his powers would return, but me full well knowing they wouldn't, as a capeshit comicbook fan of over twenty years, that shit choked me up big time.

This show does a great job of showing how painful it is to be a mundane, ordinary person in a world where others have super powers.
>>
>>70597910
>online series
>put it out on weekly format

Yeah, you can fuck right off and release it all at once thanks

The better actors are barely getting any screentime this season
>>
>>70601172
Oh I thought you meant the first two episodes of season 2
>>
>>70601188
i think they did that with season 1 guess it didnt work out so well
>>
>>70601248
How does it really matter anyway? No one is going to get PS+ just to watch fucking Powers
>>
>>70601238
Nah just started marathoning it tbqh, and I only did because it's free to PS+ members this month.
I quite enjoyed the comics though.
>>
>>70601291
Isn't it always free and available for PS+ members tho?
But yeah, I actually enjoy the series more than Arrow and Flash
>>
>>70601321
Not sure, just got alerted to it in my feed, needed something new to watch.
>>
>>70597996
>marathoned the first half of the first episode
Upvoted ;^)
>>
I like Sharlo Copley and Noah Taylor.
Is that good enough to keep watching?
>>
THEY TOOK MAH FOOKIN' POWERS
>>
>>70604895

POWAHS*
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.