[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"THE GAMES ARE EVIL! THEY BREAK PEOPLE! REBEL AGAINST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: katniss-everdeen-large.jpg (220 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
katniss-everdeen-large.jpg
220 KB, 1024x512
>"THE GAMES ARE EVIL! THEY BREAK PEOPLE! REBEL AGAINST THE EVIL DICTATORSHIP THAT FORCES INNOCENT POOR CHILDREN INTO THESE GAMES"
>"Let's totally have a game with the innocent rich children because MUH SISTER"

What a bitch.
>>
The capital = Israel
The districts = Palestine
Inshallah
>>
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE TRIBUTES ARE EVIL
>>
>>62893958
I can only imagine how bad this gets, I watched the first one and dropped it harder than a fat chick drops salad. Between this and, from what I hear, Twilight YA fiction and the movie adaptations no consist of nothing but unapologetic Mary Sue nonsense.

The ending really sealed the deal for me, I mean, I knew Jlaw was gonna make it but "oh we'll have two winners for the first time ever, her and her love interest, Marty Stu" man, that made me want to go out and start hunting kids for sport.

The only good I'd have to say about it was I didn't get the feeling that it ripped off Battle Royale any more than that film ripped off any gladiator movie I've ever seen.
>>
>>62894590
This is pretty much true.

Katniss finally becomes a badass in Mockingjay part 2 though and stops taking shit from people.

Only good thing about the series IMO
>>
>>62893958
>Going to war in full makeup
>>
What? I haven't seen the movie but in the book she actually is the tiebreaking vote on the issue as to whether or not to have another Hunger Games with Capitol children after the war is over. She says "no" because she knows it would be hypocritical and that suffering only leads to more suffering, and it wouldn't bring any of the dead back or really fix anything.

Do they change that in Mockingjay Pt. 2? I haven't seen it yet.
>>
I get if you faggots want to hate a movie, but at least know what you're talking about.

>>62893958
Katniss only said that so she'd get to assassinate Snow (so she could actually assassinate the new President)

>>62894652
She has a makeup artist and designer (Lenny Kravitz and/or Elizabeth Banks) the whole movie that help her look more "presentable" for the propaganda videos for the rebellion.

God I hate /tv/
>>
>>62894713
She says yes to fool Coin, so that she can kill her. How does Coin die in the books?
>>
>>62894713
read
>>62894754
hes got it ^
>>
>>62893958
>>62894590

The film was had too little time to pack all the depth in, alot of the book is depressing as she delves more into her madness and ends up with ptsd. Shame it didnt quite bring that across.

Still good seeing as I rarely bother watching any films at cinema or home.
>>
>>62894723
>She has a makeup artist and designer (Lenny Kravitz and/or Elizabeth Banks) the whole movie that help her look more "presentable" for the propaganda videos for the rebellion.

That is retarded
>>
Bookfag, is the Peeta manchurian candidate plot less retarded in the books?
>>
>>62894953
She's a symbol, not an actual warrior.
She also needed to look decent during the games to get sponsors.
>>
File: 234dfg56242.jpg (207 KB, 1092x512) Image search: [Google]
234dfg56242.jpg
207 KB, 1092x512
>>
Is this a children's series?
>>
>>62894953
Don't know what to tell you mang. The whole thing is a spectacle from beginning to end. The Panem President wants everything to be gorgeous and beautiful, so in preparation for this like modern day gladiator fight, every fighter is made to be beautiful to represent their district. The Capitol is super elaborate and fancy, and he wants to keep them placated, so why would he send them out looking like shitty slaves? Then you get the same shit from the rebellion in District 13. The whole idea there was to glorify Catnip and make her something to idolize. Same shit. Not that retarded, anon.
>>
>>62893958

jesus christ, are you literally retarded?

even in the movie it's fucking clear that she only says yes because that way she gets to assassinate the coin bitch. haymitch also responds the same way because he instantly knows her plan

jesus christ, I really don't know whether /tv/ doesn't actually watch the movies that are in front of them or whether you're just too fucking stupid to understand easy-as-fuck storylines

it's a teen movie and you still don't get it, congratulations you retard
>>
>>62895030
>>62895043
the fuck
>>
>>62894990

oh stop it you mean boy!
>>
>>62894979
>looks get you sponsors in a battle royale
This truly is written for pre-pubescent teenage girls and you should be ashamed for liking it if you aren't one
>>
>>62895030
>>62895043

pretty much this

we're talking about movies based on books for teens and /tv/ still doesn't get them

top kek
>>
>>62894723
>She has a makeup artist and designer (Lenny Kravitz and/or Elizabeth Banks)
Lenny Kravitz dies in the second movie and this point they're not doing any more games
>>
>>62895136
It's a popularity contest where the prettiest and strongest get more money.
That's real life.
>>
>>62894904
See, now that sounds like it would interest me, but then again I'm not the target demo (34m).

On the other hand, even as a teen I liked seeing a little more psychological depth from characters. This movie's seems more like it's all about bright, garish shots and "muh, strong female lead."
>>
>>62895136

>looks get you sponsors in a battle royale

not the guy but you are stupid

it's made clear from the beginning that the looks are only to win over the people in order to get attention. it's a goddamn GAME you fool

the skills are demonstrated in front of the sponsors. there, looks have no meaning
>>
>>62893958
>What a bitch.

Niggers and women don't want equality. Period.

They want role reversal.
>>
>>62895154
Read >>62895030
Effie still makes Katniss look nice for the Propaganda films for the rebellion/13

>>62895136
It makes since in context nignog. Everyone that watches the games as entertainment are vapid, spoiled cunts. It's a reality show to them. In fact, it's much less a professional sport than a reality show to them.
>>
>>62895173

as someone who read the books, I'd say watch the movies

there's romantic bullshit but it's only that prominent because half of the time, it's meant to make people care for katniss and peeta

I don't know why you think the movies are about bright shots and "muh strong lead" because every movie portrays katniss as a very fucked up individual who only tries to stay calm for the sake of other people not seeing her as weak
>>
>>62895230
*sense
>>
>>62894590

The protagonist and his Mary Sue gf also survived Battle Royale
>>
>>62895173
lol

I just love how pretentious you try to sound when you're getting spoon-fed, since you are too lazy/stupid to experience it on your own.
>>
File: PeetaRock.png (430 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
PeetaRock.png
430 KB, 500x375
>>62894590
>"oh we'll have two winners for the first time ever, her and her love interest, Marty Stu"
Peeta isn't a Gary Stu, Marty Stu or whatever. He's an useless piece of shit in-universe
>>
>>62895207
nah, they don't, but white people and men are paranoid that that's what they actually want because they realise how fucked they'd be

while simultaneously trying to claim that everything is fine and fair and nothing needs to change
>>
>>62894754
Katniss shoots coin instead of Snow in the book. That's still in the movie, right?
>>
>>62895277
The only thing he's actually good at combat-wise is never used and promptly forgotten by all characters. Being Peeta is suffering.
>>
File: 1435547677783.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1435547677783.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>tfw my gf likes the movies and I had to watch them with he
>tfw she keeps asking me if the last movie is available for download
>>
>>62895309
yep. Donald Sutherland gives this maniacal laugh after it happens and then the rebellion kills him.
>>
That's the thing thing though senpai.
The games aren't evil. In fact they're actually pretty awesome.

Sure some people are nominally chosen to compete against their wills but that doesn't really mean much anyone else is allowed to volunteer in their stead.
>>
>>62895277
why did they do this
>>
>>62895388
Lad, you have roleplaying potential.
>>
>>62895290
>muh white privilege meme
>muh gender gap
>muh systematic racism
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>62895207
>Niggers and women don't want equality. Period.
>They want role reversal.

Troof
>>
>>62895207
Yep, you want to see proof of it? My friend goes to this college, a student group is threatening the school with a list of demands and shit.

http://liberatemsu.weebly.com/demands.html
>>
>>62895776
>new six (6) credit

why do this? why say it twice?
>>
>>62895277
because YA
>>contradictory
>>drawstring events to invoke "emotion"
>>mary sue and marty sue
>>
>>62895277

I recently watched Catching Fire and all he did the entire movie was fuck up and get hurt. Everyone had to babby him. It baffles me why Katniss doesn't go for the Hemsworth brother.

Seriously, try taking a shot every time Katniss shouts Peeta's name because he's lost or injured or whatever.
>>
>>62895915
He's the damsel in distress who barely managed to kill one guy.
>>
>>62895845
maybe they want to make sure they understand for some reason. The thing it's apparently mostly white people asking for this as well.
>>
>>62895136
looks get you far in life mate. They wouldnt pick any old bird to play katniss
>>
>>62893958
You idiot, she only did that to have a free shot at coin.
>>
>>62895136
>implying the halo effect isn't real
sorry you were born ugly. it's scientifically and factually proven that attractive people are treated better and get preferential treatment often.
>>
>>62895931

>I'm a cake decorator!
>oh and I'm supposed to be strong but I never use my strength throughout the movies

what a faggot.
>>
>>62896038
remember that one time he threw a big bag of flour across the training room nigga? that's pretty impressive /s
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 377x372) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 377x372
Uhhh does she pick a gun or explosives? I've only seen the previews where she shoots an arrow at a moving aircraft.
>mfw
>>
>>62896141
the arrow is actually an explosive device duhhhh.
>>
>>62895915
Hutcherson as Peeta is the biggest miscast ever. They should pick a cute boy, not a hideous midget
>>
>>62895388
just download her the fucking movie faggot and watch it with her. they aren't even bad movies.
>>
>>62897039
dont be harsh :-( hes had the same effect as daniel radcliff, all the girls preferred ron, sure daniels attractive but hes short and too serious, All the chicks I know prefer the gale fella
>>
I feel so empty now its over...
>>
>>62897039

He's still cute,

>mfw i'm 4'11"
>>
>>62897290

Gale has dem Hemsworth genes, it's practically cheating.

I think it also has something to do with the way his character is written, he comes off more as a little annoying brother rather than a love interest. Katniss has more sexual chemistry with her mentor dude than with Peeta.
>>
>>62897039
>5'5
And i thought at 5'8 i was the biggest manlet in the world kek
>>
>>62894713
She says yes in the book and Haymitch agrees with her, winning the vote. What are you talking about?
>>
>>62897290
>hes had the same effect as daniel radcliff, all the girls preferred ron, sure daniels attractive but hes short and too serious
Girls like Ron? But he has a disgusting face. Besides, didn't girls ship Hermione with Draco (asshole boyfriend) or Harry (prince charming) but hate Ron/Hermione?
>>
File: 1428226821707.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
1428226821707.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>62896141
>arrow at a moving aircraft
people including some /tv/ regulars actually pay to see this shit,
>>
>>62894652
That scene was after the war Tbh
>>
>>62894590

I think the first movie's ending would've been great if they'd heard that they were both allowed to win, and then swallowed the berries anyway.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.