[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfS z0bQzZuM Whay makes thi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 9
File: spiderman2_1600-1024x768.jpg (211 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
spiderman2_1600-1024x768.jpg
211 KB, 1024x768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

Whay makes this scene have so much impact? It looks like spiderman really could have lost here, he also looks really hurt, i have never seen something like this again in capeshit.
>>
>>70580919
Ah man, I love this scene so much

> Whay makes this scene have so much impact?

Because despite being a superhuman, we see proof that Spider-Man can not only get hurt really bad, but die unless he thinks on his feet

We need this level of tension to create a more human character

> i have never seen something like this again in capeshit.

You're right, this kind of thing is rare and that sucks. But the best example of something similar was in Iron Man 1, when Obadiah Stane stole tony's arc reactor right out of his chest and he nearly went into cardiac arrest and had to crawl helplessly to his basement to get his old one. It wasn't quite the same, but it was a great scene that made me feel like Tony Stark was a vulnerable human being despite having a nigh unstoppable suit of armor around him most of the time.
>>
>oh.
>>
He gets his ass kicked and it looks really painful. They emphasize the violence for a purpose. Dafoe is amazing as Goblin, not only does he plays a batthshit crazy fuckers extremaly well he also knows how to use a voice. Lack of soundtrack. Just a really well made scene.
>>
>>70581412
> you'll never get to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4

Honestly why live?
>>
>>70581404
kek
implying current capeshit can achieved this level of scene
>>
>I AM GONNA RAPE MJ ON AND CUM ALL OVER HER FIRECROTCH WHILE YOUR PRECIOUS AUNT MAY LIFELESS CORPSE WATCHES YOU SPIDERFAGGOT

I think he went to far on this one guys
>>
>>70581412
The voilence looks much "realer" then in any recent capeshit. Take a similar scene from Civil War for example, those fight scenes looks very carefully chareographed, unrealistic. Here this is just two people beating shit out of each other. What would Bucky do if he got hit by a falling brick wall? Probably shrugged it off and continued like it's nothing. The wall would also have been CGI. Spiderman is a good filmmaking.
>>
>>70580919
>Dont tell Harry

:(
>>
>>70581524
lol I mean that's really not that far from what he said

>>70581548
This is still the best capeshit right?

Spider-Man 1 is the first film I ever saw in theaters and it's always been one of my favorites and shit like this is partially why.
>>
> It's simple
> It's not 20 minutes long
> The world isn't at stake
>>
>>70581606
CG feels very dated and I wish they made Goblin's mask less silly But overall it's up there. On par with Burton's Batman, Winter Soldier, Blade and X2 for me.
>>
>>70581548
Come on, now, Green Goblin's fight movies are highly choreographed. Especially that flip and that flying kick.
>>
> The world isn't at stake
This is a big one

It felt personal

>>70581709
> CG feels very dated

Actually it really doesn't. The only part I remember looking fake was a closeup of Spidey shooting a web. Most of it still seems pretty real, and I think one reason is because that some scenes were at night so it masked it better

And with the Goblin, I don't know how else they could have really done it. If they had made it too much like the source material it would have been bizarre and probably freaked out kids

Plus it allowed for that dope scene where he talks to the mask on a chair
>>
>>70581548
This also works because you see the actors fighting. There is no disconnect between the "talking" scenes and "fighting" where your suspension of disbelief sometimes fails and you do understand that it's either a CG puppet or a stunt double.
>>
>>70580919

it has better directing, better editing better acting and the effects aren't cheap chink cgi render farm tier.

this was also written before the writers strike, the slow mo scene where goblin follows up his aerial assault with the blind shot grenade was fantastic and really shows how peter parker is playing by good guy rules while his enemy is decked out in some high tech hellbent on killing him.
>>
>>70581836
I think he means that it doesn't look like each person has their moves planned out beforehand like some kind of dancing

Goblin doesn't really look choreographed, just like a dude who knows how to fight

Spider-Man gets the shit beat out of him
>>
>>70581855
> that reflection in Peter's eye as the grenade detonates

Jesus fuck these movies were good
>>
Because they're actually beating each other up. It isn't fancy and it isn't grand. It's raw violence and emotion.
>>
>>70581837
I don't remember mask's origin in the SM1. Maybe they did not even bother to come up with the one. They could have made it more in style with the suit, like if it's some kind of modified battle helmet or something. I agree that original look was not a legit thing to do.
>>
>>70581993
> I don't remember mask's origin in the SM1

They justified it and it was sorta cool.

The glider originally only came with the suit. But Norman Osborn had a collection of African tiki masks and it inspired the goblin mask

So it wasn't totally out of nowhere
>>
for people crying about gobbies mask keep in mind that an elonquated shape like that would be able to store a cpu or computer which could do all sorts of nifty tricks for a solider.

the facial features of the mask are also meant to look intimidating, something beta cucks would understand if they ever had to face someone else in mortal kombat.
>>
>>70581837
The only CGI I remember in the movie was Peter in his wrestling costume climbing walls outside and yes, it is very fucking dated.
>>
>>70582250
The mask wasn't part of the suit, Norman built it himself

That doesn't contradict most of what you said but it wasn't originally made by Oscorp

>>70582298
That was at night though so it was less glaring

Or at least it never took me out of the film
>>
>>70580919
Fuck I didn't remember these movies looking so damn cheap.
>>
>>70582250
I'm not sure how to fix it, it's actually a lot more complicated to think about something that would have worked in this movie.
>>
>>70582382
If you watch the scene now it looks really terrible. Not saying it wasn't fine all those years ago, but it hasn't aged well at all, it feels dated.
>>
>>70582459
this is a shitty youtube rip
>>
>>70582525

the practical effects still hold up fine (when goblin tears down the spider web looks shitty though), its just that they sped up the camera alot and it makes the scene feel almost surreal.

speeding it up slowing it down speeding it up slowing it down ect...
>>
>>70580919
man tobey makes some really weird noises in this scene

but you're right, it feels way more intense than most capeshit fights. lack of music probably helps
>>
>>70580919
>that entire fight

It's either shot in a soundstage, or shot so poorly as to look like a soundstage

add more smoke, sam raimi, that will make it look good you dumb fag
>>
>>70580919
A big part of it is the mask being destroyed. Spiderman's entire-face-covering mask/hood is crucial to his superhero persona. As Peter he is one person, as Spiderman he is a different person. The mask making him unidentifiable helps with that. When he kisses Mary Jane he keeps the mask on above his mouth and is upside down, letting him remain more Spiderman visually because there's nothing of Peter's face to recognize. We understand them to be the same person, but as long as the mask remains intact we can engage with Peter's power-trip fantasy. The Spiderman mask being ripped open, showing us half Spiderman and half Peter, does more to show his vulnerability and endangerment than the blood, by far. It looks wrong and out of place.
>>
>>70580919
Because Raimi is one of the great masters of our time.

https://youtu.be/Txnf4s7eWs0
>>
>>70582611
> judging the look of a film off a shitty youtube rip

come on mate
>>
>>70581205
I think Civil War replicates this feeling pretty well during the last fight. It seems to go on forever and it's ridiculous just how much they beat the shit out of each other. Tony almost dies again, Bucky loses his arm, and Cap gets beaten pretty hard too. I actually wish Cap took more damage in the fight because the whole "unbreakable will" thing gets pretty old after a while.
>>
>>70582599
>man tobey makes some really weird noises in this scene

That's because he's getting beaten like a stepchild.
>>
>>70581562
>MJ tells Peter "don't tell Harry" about her working at a diner
>Norman tells Spidey "don't tell Harry" about him being Gobby

Bravo Sam!
>>
>>70581505
hes quoting the scene ya dingus
>>
>>70582692
I saw this movie in theaters and it was one of the first DVDs I ever owned.

That end fight has a terrible set. Looks like an episode of buffy the vampire slayer
>>
>>70582745
osborn said he's like a father to him, not a stepfather. did you even watch the scene?

i'm definitely rewatching 1-3 on sunday
>>
>>70582690

You can tell Sam Raimi really, really loves Sandman. I bet he spent hours jerking off to this scene in the editing bay. I bet he still does to the DVD at home.
>>
>no music until emotional climax. emphasizes that this fight is different
>everything has an extremely abrasive sound effect
>crazy frenetic handheld while still keeping the action legible. again this is unlike the fights we've seen thus far in the movie
>the fight itself has pacing and story, they don't just wail meaningless blows on each other, we see green goblin wear spider-man down and spider-man grow increasingly desperate

this is what actual directing looks like. brava, raimi, brava.
>>
>>70581837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXAGC_B2Ys

They originally planned to have it look like in the comics, but as you can imagine it was kind of silly looking
>>
>>70580919
>i have never seen something like this again in capeshit.
Watch Daredevil season 1.
>>
>>70582690
Danny Elfman is genious.
>>
>>70582749

Basically, no one ever tells Harry anything and then when he gets upset and asks what's going on they treat him like a paranoid asshole and then they wonder why he loses his shit on them in the end. His friends and family are all dicks when you really stop to think about it. So many problems could have been avoided just by not shutting Harry out of his own life.
>>
>>70582723

the last fight scene was really a chase scene.

right up until bucky's arm gets blown off anyways.
>>
>>70582723
I still don't get how two pretty strong dudes were able to take on a guy who can shoot missiles and lasers and withstand tank rounds

>>70582749
I've probably seen this movie a hundred times and I never realized that....

>>70582806
I'm pretty sure it was a real building dude
>>
>>70582989
that's what i meant, but the whole scene felt like a struggle, and that's what's lacking in capeshit nowadays. there's no tension or threat of real loss
>>
>>70582911
imagine marvel actually putting this much work in now
>>
>>70582914
iirc daredevil is rated R, none of the movies are and spider-man 1 was a 12 in the UK
>>
>>70582878

also it helps that raimi most likely directed this scene himself, had a hand in the fight choreography, blocked it out with the actors on set, etc. instead of some stunt coordinator/2nd unit director doing it off of animated pre-visualization while the director -- who worked in tv up to this point and was hired because he's controllable -- directed scenes of the main cast sitting in rooms and talking.

the latter is the MCU way
>>
>>70583026

now that i think about it, almost every single fucking conflict in the civil war is a chase scene. maybe thats why i felt like the movie was underwhelming in the writing department.
>>
>>70582723
They did fine. If only they did not spoil the fight in trailer and it definetely should have been shorter.
>>
>>70582690

That's fucking beautiful honestly.
>>
>>70583033
>daredevil is rated R

Do Netflix shows even have MPAA ratings?
>>
>tfw capeshit will never be as good as this ever again
>>
>>70582914
Daredevil is the most kino capeshit since Sam Raimi's work graced the screen, no exaggeration

>>70583033
>>70583079

Daredevil director's cut was R

Daredevil season 1 was basically the TV equivalent to R
>>
>>70583033

to be honest with you that combat in spiderman looks alot more brutal then the shit we see now a days.

>A gernade going off in someones face.

Compared to

>a shield bouncing off of someones head.

atleast they try to class cap's action scenes up with more striking and tricks. and the ironmanlets scenes involve *i can fly pew pew*
>>
>>70583075
SM3 just needed better editing to remove the color

When it was good, it was really good and just got bogged down
>>
>>70582911
It actually looks amazing and with proper lighting would have been really cool but does not fit the origin of the movie sadly.
>>
>>70583155
*clutter not color
>>
>>70583110
>Daredevil director's cut was R

I always forget that movie exists. And you're right about the Netflix show, it's rated TV-MA. I honestly didn't realize they had ratings. I pay so little attention to content ratings these days, I guess...
>>
>>70583198
> I honestly didn't realize they had ratings.

Cause it really makes no difference

The only people that notice or care about the ratings are the people who set parental guidance or whatever

It's not like with movies where it actually matters and can keep you from seeing it
>>
>It's a "this is old, and therefore it's good" thread

Oh.
>>
>>70583279
> implying Raimi isn't the best capeshit
>>
>>70580919

I'll assume this is a serious question. What makes this scene so immersive is how well Tobey portrayal's Parker's fear of death, and his revolt against it. He is refusing to die. And he is fighting against a demon: a demon, normally internal, that has a physical manifestation as the Goblin come to take Pete's fears away.
>>
>>70583229
>It's not like with movies where it actually matters and can keep you from seeing it

And even then only if you're under 17, and EVEN THEN only if you don't look 17.
>>
>>70583331
Did your theaters never ID you?
>>
File: quipthis.jpg (108 KB, 736x1105) Image search: [Google]
quipthis.jpg
108 KB, 736x1105
>>70583328
>>70582878
>>70582649

HOLY SHIEEET RAIMI THREADS EVEN HAVE ACTUAL INTELLECTUAL DISCUSSIONS.

this is the capekino i've been missing.
>>
>>70583363

Nope. I think partially because that was 10 years ago, but also because I always had facial stubble as a teen because I was super lazy about shaving. So by the time I was in high school and had my own money to spend I could just go see any movie.

Kinda seems like it would be even easier these days with those credit card kiosks, so if you're a teen with a debit card you don't even have to interact with a person to buy tickets and by the time you're all the way inside and they're ripping the stub I feel like no one would bother trying to kick you out.
>>
>>70582649
Really nice post.
>>
File: oh.jpg (14 KB, 361x381) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
14 KB, 361x381
>oh
>>
>>70583482
Because his films had actual thought put into them worth discussing
>>
>>70580919
>i have never seen something like this again in capeshit.

Budget limitations aside...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3Wmyy8pPw
>>
>>70583637
That's probably the best scene in the whole show
>>
Raimi is so fucking based
>>
>>70583637

why did the person who put it on youtube spoil the climax of the fight in the name of the video...
>>
>>70583637

You can't be serious.
>>
>>70583832

Because they assume if you're watching it on YouTube you already watched it on TV.
>>
>>70583686
The Flash TV show actually reminds me of Raimi's movies in a way. It's got that comfy, appropriately cheesy tone Raimi used. Plus it's got top tier cape villains, which Raimi also had.
>>
>>70582952
Christopher Young, actually. There was a bit of drama with Spiderman 2 and Elfman didn't come back for 3. Christopher Young wrote some of the music for 2 also (eg the train fight).
>>
>>70583930
Why is it that other cheesy capeshit doesn't feel the same?

Guardians of the Galaxy tried to be comedic but it didn't feel as comfy or good

I agree that the flash feels similar
>>
>>70583981
The music in SM3 was pretty good though so im not complaining
>>
>Capeshit discussion is 50% of the board's content
>/tv/ regulars provide in depth critical analysis of movies targeted at children and the most general audiences
What happened?
>>
>>70580919
did they really have to make the glider fly directly into his nutsack like that?
>>
>>70584084
Spider-Man was a Raimi film first and a capeshit flick second

We're discussing it because he's a genius
>>
>>70583879

>if you don't support my capeshit filler episodes to watch the few entertaining moments of a character whos been around for 20+ years then i'mma spoil the fights for you.

Fuck this is some new level of autistim.
>>
>>70584102
I thought it got him in the intestines
>>
>>70584048
oh, i agree. he's talented.

>>70583061
this so much.
>>
File: fugdis.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
fugdis.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>70583930
don't ever compare the flash to Rami spiderman again
>>
>>70582649
Upvoted
>>
>>70584117

You assume some kind of malicious intent, but I don't think that's the case. It's just:

1. People who upload these moments are people who follow the show, they just assume other people have seen it. Maybe mildly inconsiderate, but not autism nor malicious.

2. A lot, and I mean A LOT, of people actually don't care about spoilers, especially normies and casuals. In fact, most people consider caring a lot about spoilers to be highly autistic.

Stop assuming everyone is out to get you. Some people just have different values and priorities.
>>
>>70583985
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY was aiming at another brand of comedy. I have to say I think it's pretty comfy.

The clincher is heart. Raimi's first two movies had a lot of heart and passion for Spider-Man. The Flash people clearly have a lot of passion for the Flash. James Gunn had a lot of heart put into GotG.

95% of the good cape movies are made by people who either loved the characters or respected them even if comics weren't their thing.
>>
>>70584281
I doubt the people behind Iron Man were fans of the comic but they still made a good movie because they put effort into it
>>
>>70584183
>Protagonist is a nerd who becomes a snarky red-clad superhero after a freak lab accident and is constantly pining for his classmate/friend.

>Classmate/friends is an often annoying upbeat girl trying for her dream career and eventually gets engaged to a top tier guy that ends up getting cucked.

>The hero's father figure is based.

>The hero's main enemy is a father figure with a dark side.

>The hero's dark twisted vision is a black-suited madman who kinda' sucked and was too different from the comics.

>The hero's boss is a shouty crumundgeon who keeps on his ass about his job.

>Villains are all delightfully hammy and over-the-top.

>Music is very bombastic.

I don't know, bro, there's grounds for comparison.
>>
>>70582611
>>70582459
There's some weird framerate thing going on in this clip. It's like someone turned on one of those shitty interpolation effects.
>>
>>70584248

Okay just watch the (Don't tell harry) fight from spiderman ;^) see how i named the fight without being sub 100 iq. Its not people out to get me, its having to share the internet with idiots.

Putting the climax in the title just seems so strange, like something someone from poor education would do after failing his L.A or english 101 class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5f61LZb_Bk
>>
>>70584418
Different anon here, you don't seem to realize that a lot of people are going to be searching for that phrase after they hear what happened, or because they want to watch it again.

a regular person is more like to type in "Bane breaks Batman's back" instead of "Dark Knight Rises Bane vs. Batman" or something like that.
>>
>>70584491

All i'm hearing is that lowest common denominator bar has fallen through the floor, our civilization is doomed. You think Shitposting is your allie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROJYb0X_N4
>>
Spiderman 3 is a good movie
>>
>>70580919
Raimi is just god tier at directing fights. is use of sound effects and camera cuts/angles are fucking amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ggbkxmaRs
>>
Honestly, I think the biggest disrespect the new Spiderman movies committed was changing Aunt May into some milf.

Sam's Aunt May... I loved that woman. She's an honest character so full of love and wisdom for Peter. She was even more devastated by Uncle Ben dying than Peter was. She showed a range of humanity, even anger at Peter for refusing a $20 bill.

Now Aunt May is some Stacy's Mom character who only shows bimbo niceness. It's disgusting. Marvel needs to get their character shit together.
>>
>>70584582
That fucking sarcastic
>Ooo!
from Peter
>>
>>70584615
You're projecting quite a bit, bro. All Aunt Mays so far have been great to top tier.
>>
>>70584615
Haven't seen the new movies but Raimi's Aunt May is such an amazing character, she's so devastated when she learns Peter's role in Ben's death.

Sweet old women, might rewatch the trilogy just for her.

Mary Jane is a slut though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3Xo2K910Q

The best.
>>
>>70583985
They're on different scales. One has a main character living in small NY apartment with a broken door, struggling to pay his rent, who just so happens to get bitten by a radioactive spider and feels a moral obligation to help others, while the other has a half human/half Terran prince who flies a spaceship around assemble a team of aliens and has to save the planet from a cloaked blue dude wielding a superweapon
>>
>>70584745
That scene scared the piss out of me when I saw it as a kid. Especially the asian girl screaming.

God damn, Raimi is such a fantastic director.
>>
>>70582690
>if raimi had just decided to use sandman as the only villian and really focus on him the movie would have been good
:(((((((
>>
>>70580919
>dontell, hurry
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>70584745

What's so Evil Dead about this scene beside the chainsaw? Honest question
>>
>>70585036
The cuts, angles and use of zoom.
>>
>>70585036
Camera movement.
And the way the tentacles behave. It's a bit like the deadites.
>>
>>70585036

its filmed like a horror thriller.
>>
>>70581412
this movie could have been 10/10 if we had a good/decent/passable green goblin costume, not that fucking gay green robot
>>
funny because this scene is the same thing people complain about with rey vs kylo. i guess when a male loses a fight then comes back and wins it its ok.
>>
>>70585144

t- raging disney cuck.
>>
>>70584996
>>>70580919 (OP)
>>dontell, hurry
>what did he mean by this?

Harry Potter is part of the marvel cinematic universe
>>
>>70580919
this is pathetic. looks like a fuckin b movie from the 80's
>>
File: 1416487386947.jpg (43 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1416487386947.jpg
43 KB, 550x535
>>70580919
>that dog bark as the first goblin grenade explodes in front of Spider-man
>>
I hate it so much when they speed up and slow down footage in editing to try and give impacts more weight and disguise the fact the actors aren't actually hitting each other

It sticks out like a sore thumb every time
>>
>>70580919
I like how the fight scene doesn't really incorporate CGI. It doesn't have a bunch of cuts to a CGI Goblin punching a CGI Peter int he face, it seems real and has more impact to me.
>>
>>70583985
I thought TFA was bretty gud
>>
Meanwhile, in the MCU
>>
>>70585427
Jesus Christ how horrifying.
>>
Damn, I think the 3 Rami spiderman movies are gonna be looked back on in the future. They're honestly great, amazing action and a pretty complex story / character arcs in spiderman 2.

I would say 2 is better than 1, and 3 overall gets a little too campy.
>>
>>70585427

>Captain America's Power Ranger recovery stance
>>
This is what two godlike beings fighting over the fate of the known universe looks like
>>
>>70585427
Wow that editing was shit.
>>
>>70585550
>4 fucking cuts to show a guy picking another guy up
Why
>>
File: cap.jpg (83 KB, 744x571) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
83 KB, 744x571
>>70585427
>>70585550
Joss whedon was a mistake, a complete abortion and the only good thing he has done was start the Cinematic Universe trend.
The Avengers is an overrated blockbluster with no tension or drama at all, if this was another time it would get a 6/10 and it's sequel a 4/10.
He ruined Marvel, he set the quippy tone that it's killing those movies, you can thank him for making all of them safe and formulaic clusterfucks, he doesn't care about continuity, he doesn't respect what happened in the other movies.
He thinks a character is only good when you make him a clown. ¿Why? because he is extremely inefficient at making dramatic scenes and because he doesn't give a shit about the characters and what they represent.
You can give The Avengers to any other filmmaker and they can do a better job than this so-called feminist.
Fuck you, Whedon, fuck you.
>>
>>70584578
No it's not.
Go back and rewatch it, it flat out sucks.
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.