[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to leading men?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (228 KB, 610x332) Image search: [Google]
file.png
228 KB, 610x332
Birth control made most women desire twinks.
>>
>>70505551

As if the desires of women are considered at all and not those of gay producers & directors.
>>
>>70505551
that's some nice cherry picking
>>
>>70505744
No it's not, it's a real comparison of the leading men of their generations.

>A feminized American culture has encouraged the emergence of the metrosexual male, that smooth-cheeked boy-man who shows none of the maturing hardship that could be read in the faces of real men like Humphrey Bogart (1940s) or Gary Cooper (1950s) or Steve McQueen (1960s). Hollywood liberals are projecting an image of American male incompetence to the entire world. We are witnessing the decline of authentic American manhood and with it any hope of an enduring American greatness.
>>
File: file.png (445 KB, 650x412) Image search: [Google]
file.png
445 KB, 650x412
>Downey Jr, for a start, has emerged not from a bona fide action tradition but from the world of quip-filled comedy. “Robert Downey Jr is the fast-talking, dapper little guy archetype,” says Chris Holmlund, author of Impossible Bodies: Femininity and Masculinity at the Movies. “And it’s notable that in Iron Man (2008), he wears a suit to give him artificial strength, rather than real muscles.”

>Neeson and Washington are thus, undoubtedly, the last of the old-school Hollywood heroes. They can trace their lineage back to Clint Eastwood, and before that to John Wayne and to a heroism that was rooted in the ordinary and real; a heroism that was forged among a generation of actors (Clark Gable, Henry Fonda, Kirk Douglas) who didn’t just talk or look tough, they actually went to war. Imagine shipping, say, Matt Damon, Johnny Depp and Matthew McConaughey off to the Iraq-Syria border today? Two words: Tropic Thunder (2008).
>>
>Fuqua, who directed Washington to a Best Actor Oscar in Training Day (2001), and is behind both The Equalizer and the new Magnificent Seven, acknowledged that Neeson and Washington were a dying breed, and had this to say about the pretty boys and the buffed-up comic book Marvel men in the Tinseltown gene pool: “I’m constantly having this conversation with my agent: ‘How many guys am I going to see in spandex, who are flying around and saving the world at 23 years old?’ I don’t believe them. I don’t believe they have the life experience to do one per cent of the things that they’re doing or saying."

"But more than anything, I just don’t believe them as characters. So, I end up sitting in the room, and the agent’s saying, ‘Well, this guy’s getting a lot of tweets right now, and the girls really like him!’ And I’m saying, ‘Yeah, well he looks like he’s about 16, and he’s still on his mother’s tit, and he’s supposed to be this guy who’s saving the world?’ I just don’t get it!”

kek
>>
File: plummer.jpg (51 KB, 484x482) Image search: [Google]
plummer.jpg
51 KB, 484x482
We need more Plummers and less Ceras.
>>
File: file.png (539 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
539 KB, 1280x720
>>70506107
>>
I'm not sure exactly what your original post is, but all I can say is that farting all the time, eating beef on top of stuffed chicken-beef taco ravioli, while picking at your hairy, diseased, unwashed genitals and expecting to get laid just because "hnng I'm horny--finish me off bitch"...If the inverse were true, would you touch that toxic shit?

So John Wayne approaches the Western archetype. But if you continue the fantasy, he smells like shit (one shower per week, pilgrim) and deals with men a lot more than women. Women want security, and Wayne was never willing to commit to that. He taught younger, gunslingers how to....well, you know...
>>
>>70505858
Totally not a bias autistic tinfoil source

Also John Wayne was a fat whiny fuck
>>
>>70507430
Ad hominem? Beta.

>>70507340
Masculine men are gross, we get it Germaine Greer.
>>
>>70507512
You whining about movies not being gay cowboy movies is the least alpha thing I've ever seen
>>
>>70507572
Unlike women a man isn't whining everytime he discusses a topic
>>
>>70505858
leo is more masculine in the way that you mean than mcqueen
>>
>>70507616
You're not a man
>>
File: file.png (589 KB, 1243x464) Image search: [Google]
file.png
589 KB, 1243x464
>>70507681

Are you serious
>>
What about Tom Hardy? He seems traditionally masculine.
>>
>>70505551
You need an industry that literally plays make believe all day to tell you what is masculine?
>>
>>70507728
these conveniently don't show his kate moss sized boyish hips
>>
Let's go back to when Hollywood had real men, like Rock Hudson
>>
File: file.png (173 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
file.png
173 KB, 236x354
>>70507935
>>
Jon Hamm yo
>>
Idris Elba
Oscar Isaac
>>
Look at these disgusting twinks.
>>
>>70507728

What did his "golden cock" look like?
>>
>>70508658

Parody of masculinity - steroids, suits and vests.

Though statham is actually a beast.
>>
>>70505551
Yeah, because thugged out nig-nogs never get laid.
>>
>>70508658
Aren't those movies watched exclusively by closeted gay men though?
>>
>>70508658
>Dead
>Old
>Jasin stafam
>Roids
>>
File: 1464267220941.png (180 KB, 232x324) Image search: [Google]
1464267220941.png
180 KB, 232x324
>Millions of women use hormonal contraception and it has been suggested that such use may alter mate preferences. To examine the impact of oral contraceptive (pill) use on preferences, we tested for within-subject changes in preferences for masculine faces in women initiating pill use. Between two sessions, initiation of pill use significantly decreased women's preferences for male facial masculinity but did not influence preferences for same-sex faces. To test whether altered preference during pill use influences actual partner choice, we examined facial characteristics in 170 age-matched male partners of women who reported having either been using or not using the pill when the partnership was formed. Both facial measurements and perceptual judgements demonstrated that partners of women who used the pill during mate choice have less masculine faces than partners of women who did not use hormonal contraception at this time. Our data (A) provide the first experimental evidence that initiation of pill use in women causes changes in facial preferences and (B) documents downstream effects of these changes on real-life partner selection. Given that hormonal contraceptive use is widespread, effects of pill use on the processes of partner formation have important implications for relationship stability and may have other biologically relevant consequences.

>Women who used OC during partner choice (compared with non-users) scored lower on sexual arousal with their partner, on satisfaction with his sexual adventurousness, and on sexual proceptivity and attraction towards him. They also rated their partner's body lower in attractiveness compared with non-users. By contrast, these women appeared more satisfied with general (non-sexual) aspects of their partner: they were significantly more satisfied with his financial provision compared with women who were not using OC during partner choice.
>>
>>70505551
Mel Gibson is still here. Blood Father looks great.
>>
>>70505551
Women are hedonists and their enemy is boredom, effort, risk, danger.
Fortunately, men are desperate enough to feel relevant, so they are pushy enough to try to be noticed by women (because they fail to be relevant beyond women). and sooner or later, they cracks the bf-shield

Women know that chads and other robots are willing to help them, to have an easy life. The natural problem of women is that they get bored sooner or later with whoever choose to try to entertain them.
So women change their partners to avoid the rut and to create drama. men do not like to be changed, since they loved to be relevant for once in their life, they whine and hate women when women find other providers.
Of course, changing partners constantly becomes a bore too, so they want some fixed men in their life to give them emotional and material support, Rarely sex because women know that, no matter how good the lover is, it gets boring sooner or later.
When they are replaced, men become resentful towards women, since they lose the validation of their existence. They pretend that they can live without women and that they even are better than women, smarter, stronger (in forgetting that women do not need to be so, because men want to be so in place of women)

Knowing that they are not able to stop loving to be supported by men, Women love also to think that they need no man and that they live to help others. This is part of the tactic to enhance their pleasures: women think that they are good people in society, only to feel even more raw, more animal, more of a little minx, typically in private, when they are fucked properly by some beta ready to serve them sexually.
>>
I believe it, the hottest girl I know just got engaged to this little fucking effete manlet that all of our group of friends hates.

He's one of those infuriating fuckers who has literally nothing going for him but has literally no self-awareness so he is brimming with confidence. Somehow the combination of being a numale faggot and being super fucking self-assured is like catnip for some women. Yes, I mad.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.