[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they make another Hellboy movie? It's actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hellboy.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hellboy.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
Why don't they make another Hellboy movie? It's actually a quality capeshit if they do it right, and Del Toro would still be a prime director for it. Perhaps a prequel following The Crooked Man storyline? I remember Ron Perlman saying that it probably isn't going to happen, but I don't know why.
>>
>>70440678
Didn't make enough money
>>
>>70440678

To make sets and costume designs that based it takes a lot of money that they won't make back because average viewers don't appreciate practical effects.

Big budget hollywood will never take such a big risk as Hellboy 2 ever again, that movie only appealed to patricians of kino. All the characters are weird and inhuman. The villain is morally grey. The main character is literally satan's son. Literally everything that keeps normies away is on the checklist.

Pray we even got a movie like that again in even 10 years. Something weird as fuck and insanely creative.

Instead Del Toro is making giant robot explosion movies with awful storylines and Tumblr-bait faggot ghost shit.
>>
>>70440678
second movie is best, fight me
>>
>>70441231
But that's correct
>>
>>70441231

I don't think anyone on this board will disagree unless they are a contrarian faggot.

Hellboy 1 was an alright experiment but it was obviously held back somewhat.

Hellboy 2 is where Del Toro and the crew just go ahead and go weird and fun.
>>
the lovecraftian theme is GOAT
>>
>>70440678
you know i can't smiiiile without youuu
oowooo
>>
>>70440678

Ron Perlman is 72 years old and having him playing a character called "Boy" in an action movie is not really going to work
>>
>>70444011

>Ron Perlman is 72 years old and having him playing a character called "Boy" in an action movie is not really going to work

Even when he's 50-60 years old in the comics he's still called Hellboy by everybody.
>>
>>70444011
Hellboy is at least 60 at the start of the series
>>
I would love it.

I even think it could be fairly successful in this post Deadpool era with the right marketing.

Need to rewatch these.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.