[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why'd this movie get shit on so much? Saw it with my sister
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: AliceThroughTheLookingGlass2.jpg (223 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
AliceThroughTheLookingGlass2.jpg
223 KB, 640x360
Why'd this movie get shit on so much? Saw it with my sister today and holy shit it was actually good, solid comedy and writing, and great visuals and aesthetics desu

It was better than the first by a lot

I ain't saying this movie is true Kino or anything, but for something appealing to girls it was a solid enough watch

So why all the hate?
>>
The books and later the disney animated movie were so perfect.

The Depp movies seem so forced and le quirky.
>>
File: 1437433350740.jpg (38 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
1437433350740.jpg
38 KB, 344x345
>>70377060

Shit yeah the first movie felt so forced

I guess they tried too hard to push the "LE QUIRKY SILLY TEA HATTER TIME" meme to girls to sell hot topic merch

However, this movie didn't do that so much now that the world was established

The movie actually went another tone all together with its theme of time travel and drama, that I thought were neat as fuck

Time wasn't quirky at all, yeah he was weird, and also really funny, Sascha killed it as him, but he was presented as a very serious character
>>
who saw it?
>>
I haven't seen the sequel yet but they really shot themselves in the foot by putting the jabberwocky in the first movie
>>
>>70376930
What is the actual plot of this?
>>
>>70376930
I didn't laugh once during it but the performances were solid and it gave me some feels. For a movie that didn't need a sequel it was alright
>>
>>70377602
There is a high quality hd rip out, Chinese hard codes but it's definitely watchable
>>
File: 1433512743167.jpg (771 KB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
1433512743167.jpg
771 KB, 1944x1944
>>70377674

The first movie is a semi sequel to the first animated movie? its based on the second book or something, I forgot

>>70377700

Alice is called back into Wonderland to help Hatter because he's sick, he has some mental/physical disease because he believes his family is still alive even though they're obviously dead

The rest of the wonderland people decide that Alice should fucking go to Time himself to change the past using this time machine thing to save Hatter's family from dying, therefore stopping hatter from getting sick from his false memories

It's actually pretty cool and not as stupid as it seems, and as >>70377720
said the performances were all good, and you really end up liking and believing the characters as when they travel through the past you actually see a lot of development for the characters that make their motivations pretty clear

I went into it expecting shit though, so i was pleasantly surprised
>>
File: 1344768657446.jpg (86 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1344768657446.jpg
86 KB, 500x457
>There will never be an American McGee's Alice movie.
>>
>>70376930
Watched it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>70376930
Because it doesn't matter what you think. The movie sucked and flopped as a result.
>>
>>70376930
>Why'd this movie get shit on so much?
Because it was shit and hollywood movies keep getting worse?
>>
>>70377908
AAAAAARGH

This is the only thing I have ever wanted.
>>
>>70377720
Agreed, considering this was a movie I had to take my own sister to while watching her, I wasn't expecting to enjoy much of it.
>>
>>70376930
>>70377873

>Movie Poster in the OP
>Explains plot to anyone who asks
>Cordial and monotone in responses

How to spot a shill everybody
>>
>>70379413

>only one person asked
>hurr hurr everyone has to greentext and spout memes on this website

jesus nigger
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.