[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me Noir film, the best ones.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: orson.jpg (6 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
orson.jpg
6 KB, 500x240
Recommend me Noir film, the best ones.
>>
Drive
>>
The Big Sleep
>>
File: 544154153.jpg (230 KB, 1330x1000) Image search: [Google]
544154153.jpg
230 KB, 1330x1000
Brick is good but some people will undoubtedly have trouble following the dialogue. God knows I did the first time I watched it

>The Pin: You got Tug to bring you in here, which he never does. And you got me listening. So, I'm very curious what you have to say, and it better be really, really good.
>Brendan Frye: I was just going to come up with some bit of information, or set up some phony deal. And I think she'd let me walk. Then I was going to go to the vice principal and spill the in the street address of the biggest dope port in the burg.
>Tugger: He knows zippo.
>Brendan Frye: 1250, Vista Blanca, the ink blotter, on the desk in the den, in the basement, of the house with the tacky mailbox.
>>
>>70352617
This is the goat noir film

Also check out Double Indemnity, Touch of Evil, Detour and Chinatown/LA Confidential for neo-noir.
>>
File: film noir.jpg (2 MB, 2200x2868) Image search: [Google]
film noir.jpg
2 MB, 2200x2868
>>
watch Touch of Evil

then watch it again
>>
>>70352854
this list is pretty big so i'll highlight the best of:

maltese falcon (GOAT imo)
double indemnity
the big sleep
out of the past
the 3rd man
in a lonely place
sinset boulevard
the asphalt jungle
the big heat
touch of evil
>>
>>70351164
chinatown
>>
File: KMD2.png (111 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
KMD2.png
111 KB, 600x366
>>70352854
Man, last summer I went through a huge noir kick and marathoned a bunch of these gems. Some of the best work to ever come out of the studio system and comfy as fuck.
>>
>>70352854
>Killer's Kiss

Come on now.
>>
Kiss me deadly is the GOAT noir.
>>
File: pollresultsbw[1].jpg (45 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
pollresultsbw[1].jpg
45 KB, 500x336
>>70351164
1. Rachat de la pénitentiaire (1994)
2. Le Parrain (1972)
3. Le Parrain II (1974)
4. Chevalier noir (2008)
5. La Liste de Juifs (1993)
6. Douze hommes en colère (1957)
7. Pulpe Récit (1994)
8. Le Seigneur des Anneaux: Le Retour du Roi (2003)
9. Le Bon, la Brute et le Truand (1966)
10. Club du Combat (1999)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.