[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft 37,453,034 $ so far (opened UK ,Germany,France ,Italy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: WoW_Box_Art1.jpg (191 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
WoW_Box_Art1.jpg
191 KB, 300x430
Warcraft 37,453,034 $ so far (opened UK ,Germany,France ,Italy ,Russia and few other countries )

- Is it any good ?
>>
File: 1462752135155.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462752135155.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
It's shit, lonely virgins eternally btfo
>>
I liked it.

However, I felt like it needed a bit more plot progression and story thrown in there, it seemed to focus more on character relationships than anything else.
Perhaps a directors/extended version with some additional scenes would take it from a 7/10 to an 8/10.

It definitely had a unique art direction, I appreciated this though, every scene with Orcs in it was god tier.

There were a few walk outs in my screening, an elderly couple, one was in a wheelchair. I think they disappeared at the beginning of the second act.

Dwarves were based.

It was not as good as Lord of the Rings but ten times better than The Hobbit.
>>
all good scenes where in the trailers btw
>>
>>70316935
>I felt like it needed a bit more plot progression and story thrown in there, it seemed to focus more on character relationships than anything else.
>Perhaps a directors/extended version with some additional scenes would take it from a 7/10 to an 8/10.

Yeah 40 mins was cut that may or may not be on the DVD/Blu-Ray release depending on how well it does in the theaters.
>>
>>70316755
Was a good movie in my opinion.

But critics hate on it because it's a vidya movie.
>>
>>70316755
You want the general consensus?

It's alright.
>>
I mean is it good in terms of revenue so far ?
>>
>>70318366

>No China
>No USA

Yes that's pretty good
I think sequels are guaranteed from China BO alone
>>
>>70318366
Yep it's very good
>>
>>70318366
It's the top movie in 18 out of 20 markets released. In the UK it will probably be #1 this weekend, it's beating Ninja Turtles.

It will probably be the biggest foreign movie in China ever. Partly due to popularity of Warcraft in China, partly due to the fact that the Chinese love special effects, partly due to the fact that there is significant Chinese investment in the movie, so they're probably manipulate the market so that rival movies are suppressed.

http://www.ibtimes.com/warcraft-could-be-chinas-biggest-ever-hollywood-import-key-win-wanda-disney-rivalry-2376500
>>
>>70316755
Are there any sexy elves in the movie?
>>
It was good, especially if you're a fan of the games. The magic was awesome, any high fantasy fan will love the way spells are handled.
>>
>>70318593
The couple of elf cameos in the movie make me think that Warcraft style elves cannot be done in live action. There's no way that those ears and those eyebrows are not funny as hell.

The ears are so long - they look OK as pointy polygons, but once you make them fleshy they droop like penises.
>>
>>70318593

There were a handful of Chinese elves who looked like they do in the WoW..... Stupid

They were the only race that looked bad imo
>>
>>70318701
>>70318813

any screenshots?
>>
>>70318366
It's doing great so far. If they keep this up, we'll definitely see that trilogy come to fruition.

See >>70318571
>>
>>70316755
It's good, not an amazing movie but still on par with all the capeshit that came out this year so far.
>>
It's not a perfect movie, but it's on the right track. Duncan Jones will amaze us with the upcoming sequels.

China will fucking kill it. I'm praying it pulls all the right numbers to make up for the poor US reception.
>>
>>70316755
It's not out in UK yet, fuck you
>>
>>70319076
It was released in the UK on Monday m8. Or do you mean Ukraine?
>>
>>70319076

I saw it today and its 3 days into release
>>
>>70318986
his idea of sequels is horrifying though, he wants them all to be about orcs and thrall skipping the stories fans actually like and other races points of view
>>
>>70319076
>>70319152
>>70319240
strange, all sources say its out on June 3rd but I just checked my local listings (in UK) and its on today and tomorrow.. Im going to go see it tomorrow then.
>>
>>70319798
>all to be about orcs and thrall
thrall is the main character of the warcraft universe after all
>>
>>70316755
Reminder it will make more than Avatar.
>>
>>70318879

The real question is will Jones be directing the next two.
>>
>>70319954
fuck that, I want WC3 Maiev, Sylvanas, Arthas, Illidan

fuck even Tyrande and Malfurion were more interesting than Thrall

green moises/jesus is total BS

WE GET IT, HE WAS THE ONE TO LEAD HIS PEOPLE ACROSS THE SEA TO FIND NEW HOME HE IS FUCKING MOISES

I wonder if they'll make him split the sea instead of getting the boats like in WC3 to make things more cinematic just like they replaced his actual origin with fucking basket scene

honestly fuck duncan and orcs least interesting race
>>
it's amazing

>>70313625

check out the #HYPE thread
>>
>>70316755
Cost $110,000,000.
It's barely going to make its budget back.
>>
>>70320506

fucking Kek, its going to gross >$400 million from China alone matey

http://www.ibtimes.com/warcraft-could-be-chinas-biggest-ever-hollywood-import-key-win-wanda-disney-rivalry-2376500
>>
>>70316935
> I felt like it needed a bit more plot progression and story thrown in there
I've never played the game i didn't undestand anything...
>>
>>70317672
So its a solid 3-4/10 ? Becasue the trailers were 5 at best.
>>
>>70318593
There's an high elf with a huge rack but it appears only for a scene
>>
>>70321450

Its a solid 7, the full scenes looked much better on the big screen
Trailers were trash
>>
I'm glad I watched it, but would never watch it again unless an extended edition comes out that fixes the pacing.
>>
doesn't come out till the 16th down under
honestly thinking of just waiting to pirate it because blizzard can fuck off and won't be getting any more shekels from me till they release legacy servers

but on a side note arthas trilogy when?
>>
File: ZFREE9E3H6VW1398281816574.jpg (44 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
ZFREE9E3H6VW1398281816574.jpg
44 KB, 500x250
>>70320430
I was kidding, relax m8.

Thrall is really the main character though.
>>
>>70322086

Pointless unless you can get a near perfect rip. Visuals are one (if not the) most redeeming feature
>>
>>70320633
no senpai, they chinese were only farming gold to sell to fat gwailio like yourself

they never cared about the game
>>
>>70322086
>wanting to skip the most badass war (second war) for an edgelord
nope
>>
>>70322199
So why did Warcraft 3 get a patch in March then?

Only reason is the chinks.
>>
>>70322252
then it will make a billion in China and we'll get the Frozen Throne story we always wanted
Fuck I can't wait for Arthas, no idea why they bothered with this boring shit from a game nobody played
>>
>>70322199
read the article m8, the Chinese release is a week away and the presales are going crazy.

>gwailio
I think we got ourselves a China expert here.
>>
>>70316755
longtime WoW fag here, the plot is shit. An adaptation of the lich king plot or even burning crusade would have been much more accepted by people. Nobody in between vanilla wow and WoD shitheads knows or cares about blackhand, they had arthas/illdian/the scarlet crusade, all of them would have been superior plotlines.

Can you imagine a warcraft movie from the scarlet crusades point of view leading up to the lich king? it would have been glorious
>>
Me and my crew all pre-ordered IMAX tickets for opening night.

Also we will be beating up any horde fags we see after the movie.
>>
>>70316755
>30 million first week
>7 million the second
What a fucking disaster.
>>
>>70318610
The magic was absolute garbage coupled with some of the worst CGI i've seen in years.
The movie itself is a cheap joint made 100% to cash in on the neckbeards who actually go to watch videogame movies.
Laughed at the title having ''The Beginning'' as if they were implying this isn't the end too.
>>
>>70322391
You know which movie had almost as much presales as The Force Awakens was was guaranteed to make more than 1.5 billion, and then was panned by the critics and killed by word of mouth.
This one won't even have the advantage of the opening, and it will be completely destroyed by word of mouth, if there's any.
It may make 200-300 million, but the only videogame joint that spawned a franchise from this was Resident Evil.
Hopefully it'll flop.
Bad flicks deserve bad reception, and critically, it got what it deserves.
Duncan Jones should feel ashamed of making such a cheap looking flick on such a high budget.
>>
It opened on last tuesday ,so its been only 1 week , 2nd week is yet to come
>>
>>70322834
And it's going to drop like a rock.
>>
>>70322917
Disney is way too busy bribing their way to killing the DCEU to care about yet another videogame flick.
>>
>>70322808

T.troll
>>
>>70322424
Yeah, I think deep down Duncan Jones much prefers the RTS games to WoW. He's talked about playing and loving all the RTS games, but he didn't play WoW for more than a couple of years.

He wants to keep it Orcs vs Humans with other races as amusing colour.
>>
File: 1339792122802.jpg (53 KB, 536x345) Image search: [Google]
1339792122802.jpg
53 KB, 536x345
Magic looked fucking cool.
>>
>>70322960
>troll
t. redditor trying to fit in
>>
>>70322972
I can understand that too seeing as it's the iconic lore, like if someone came up to me and asked me to explain the basic plot of warcraft as a whole, I'd go orcs vs humans. I guess my only issue(and in fairness I haven't seen the movie yet) is that they could have expanded on a lot more plotwise, I'll be watching it anyways it's just that they could have done so much more with the lore that's been established over the last decade. just seems like a waste I guess
>>
>>70322221
>grom and the warsong clan in ashenvale battling the night elves and cenarius
>illidan and crew
>battle of mount hyjal
>siege of dalaran

yeah nah second war can fuck off
>>
>>70323171
>muh whisps
but seriously this is how the movie should have been
>>
>>70323137
Actually the problem is that there is too much plot.

I would have made the movie focusing on a no-name human family in a village, with the first orc invasion as terrifying background, mostly told through smoke on the horizon and rumours. Then like one scene when we actually see the orcs raid the village and another where the protagonist travels to Stormwind in time to witness its destruction.

If you keep the focus small the background epic battles would seem much bigger.
>>
>>70323171
>wanting worst elves (high elves the best)
>wanting another edgelord
>not wanting guldan's death knights
>not wanting to see alterac fuck things up for the alliance
>not wanting to see fucking dragons, sea turtles, goddamn ogres
>not wanting to see alleria and folks step in fucking draenor and wreck shit
na.
>>
They should have made an Arthas/lich king movie before zombies become boring. Zombies in GoT, walking dead..by the time they get to it people will be burnt out on it in media.
>>
>>70323368
>lich king movie
Ner'zhul?

I want arthas fags to fuck off. he was a shit character and his story was shit too.
>>
>>70323330
>>not wanting guldan's death knights
>>not wanting to see alterac fuck things up for the alliance
>>not wanting to see fucking dragons, sea turtles, goddamn ogres
>>not wanting to see alleria and folks step in fucking draenor and wreck shit
>implying you're going to get any of this

lmao at you
>>
illidan and arthas battle at the base of the frozen throne has potential to be the greatest fight in cinema
>>
>>70323548
>expecting to get everything that happens in WC3 in a single movie
Honestly not sure which one of you is more deluded.
>>
>>70323825
you're mom
>>
>>70323825
wot is a trilogy?
>>
File: 1463344204464.gif (950 KB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
1463344204464.gif
950 KB, 320x234
>>70316755
It was utterly awful.
An absolute clusterfuck and quite humourless.

CGI was pretty, if jarring. The human performances were done without great effort and looked tacky as fuck.
>>
>>70316755
i wanna fuck a night elf
>>
>>70317672
If the "good stuff" was in the trailers I can't even imagine how bad this movie is.
>>
>>70320430
Holy shit, I can't wait for snydercucks here to see Thrall. Warcraft sequel 2deep4u esoteric kino.
>>
File: 1281248518355.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1281248518355.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>70318610
>The magic was awesome
It looked far worse than most TV shows pham.
>>
>>70316935
>I liked it.
Same here.

>>70321399
I can totally see that being a problem.
I really don't know how interesting the movie can be to someone who is not a fan of the world and lore.

>>70319798
Are you sure you're not talking about Metzen? I wouldn't mind a movie about orcs, especially since they were very well done in this one but I'd definitely like to see other shit as well. Although the elves looked pretty awful so if they show more of them they better step it up.

I think a movie about Arthas could be absolutely amazing if done right although it could turn out cliche as fuck and not in a good way.
>>
>>70326450
As someone who is not too familiar with fantasy TV show please direct me to one that does magic as well as this did. I'd honestly love to see it.
>>
I liked it but there was some weird decisions.

We are sort of just dumped in some area for the opening scene and presented with big green humanoids with blue humanoids in cages. We have no idea who these characters are or what they're doing or where they are.

I know who they are, where they are and what's happening because I played the games but how is a typical cinema goer meant to know?

From here we go to somewhere else. It looks different to the last place but could just be a different country. >>> We are only told in passing that the portal was between worlds <<<

I think that was a huge issue with this film.You are never told Draenor is Draenor or Azeroth is Azeroth or given literally any backstory before the second act, which is given in conversation between Ogrim n Durotan. You are thrown into a story that starts at the end of what should've been the first act or AT LEAST some world building with Durotan's clan before Gul'dan's portal was even hinted at.

Compare the start of WC with Fellowship. Fellowship you get 10-15 minutes of world building before the story begins. That's how you do it.

-

Gul'dan was great. Lothar was just okay I guess. I didn't like his look, just some ragged dude who's meant to be some great military commander of a civilized nation. I think his scraggly hair & beard ruined the seniority & class he should exhibit (his sister is the fucking queen, this hobo is meant to be nobility). Durotan was good too.

Overall I would say 6/10. I hope there's another one but they really dropped the ball with world building.
>>
>>70327279
The opening show is of a human and an orc in a 1v1 fight to present the core conflict of the franchise and the two main factions.

As for the draenei in the cages, I don't think it really matters if they know who they are or not, it's to establish they need living beings to sacrifice for the portal and to show us the nature of the orcs.

I can sort of agree with the portal being introduced so early might be confusing to a lot of people but they always refer to Draenor and Azeroth as worlds so it's clear it's not just a different part of the same land.

I guess I can give you Lothar but he is still meant to be fairly young. Orcs were awesome but I seriously hope they step it up with the elves if they plan on showing them again because they looked awful here.
>>
>>70327640

Yeah the elves looked fucking creepy

It's quite staple for "traditional" elves to be beautiful but these looked like scaly aliens with wigs.

Also, did I miss something or was a scene cut? At the start, Lothar was gifted a pistol by a dwarf (Lothar clearly had never seen one before) but at the end literally every soldier had one.
>>
File: 1430087469277.jpg (144 KB, 533x818) Image search: [Google]
1430087469277.jpg
144 KB, 533x818
>>70327797
The elves were SUPPOSED to be cute they just fucked up with the design. Then again its hard to replicate those eyebrows and ears in real life
>>
>>70316755
It's a good movie, outside the lore that is completly not canonic
>>
File: 1464735026715.png (279 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464735026715.png
279 KB, 500x500
>>70316935
>It was not as good as Lord of the Rings but ten times better than The Hobbit.
Soooo... still shit?
>>
>>70327797
>It's quite staple for "traditional" elves to be beautiful
They already decided on that in the game so no reason to go full Dragon Age in the movie. Also it was really jarring when the actors were different races. As far as I know those were only high elves so there's literally no reason to have them looking as diverse as they did, especially since they did an amazing job with the orcs even though the people that played them all look very different. I guess that's the difference between top tier CGI and fake ears.

As for the guns, I think Lothar was there buying weapons from the dwarves or ordering them or something.

>>70327934
Yea, but clearly not as much effort was put into the elves as it was into the orcs. If they had the time and the money they could either get amazing top tier costumes or the CGI on the level of orcs and make them look as amazing as the orcs did but they were in one shot that lasted for 15 seconds or something and maybe in the background a few times so I guess I get it.

>>70327975
Depends on your preference I guess. Or are you just trying to let us know you don't like Lord of the Rings?
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.