[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watch this with girl >"Why don't they just lay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: 34767777.jpg (60 KB, 338x500) Image search: [Google]
34767777.jpg
60 KB, 338x500
>Watch this with girl
>"Why don't they just lay down and pretend they're dead"
>>
women simply don't understand war
>>
File: dreamin.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dreamin.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>Oh cool its a thread about The Pacific, a great war series that I don't see getting posted much on here
>Oh, its just used as an excuse for more "hur women are stupid' shitposting.

fuck /tv/
>>
>>70302358
not a bad tactic.
probably somthing id do if I was the last guy alive
>play dead
>draw them all in
>start throwing as many grenades as I can.
only real situation it would work, if you and maybe one other guy were the last ones left, and you either wanted to attempt to sneak away or draw them in closer for easier kills.
any more than 2 people trying this and youd die, doing anything other than I said would also result in death.
>>
>>70302429
Well this is actually a true story. It was over memorial day when HBO showed all 10 eps.

We can discuss the series too
>>
No but seriously, why DON'T they just pretend to be dead? It makes sense
>>
>>70302432
It's a pretty bad tactic, if you lay in one place the incoming mortars and artillery will pulverize you. The key to surviving combat is to keep moving, especially in the Pacific when it was landing operations.
>>
I'm sick of The Pacific getting shit on because >it's not BoB

I fucking loved it Tbh, and I really enjoyed the characters
>>
>>70302517
Pacific had better characters, BoB better combat scenes probably.

Though Pacific's war scenes were more brutal than BoB's. That Pelileu landing was nuts.
>>
>>70302486
yes but im not saying do it at the start of the battle.
im saying once your guys stop shooting because they all either ran or got blown up, and the enemy starts coming down on you, if you want to get a better kill count your best chance is to crawl into some corner and pretend you are dead and just hold a few grenades and be ready to start throwing them and shooting as many guys as you can.
if I was left alone on a battlefield and I could see 100+ bad guys coming my way, im not gonna start shooting.
im gonna sit in the corner, and camp. just draw them in to the grenades have more effect, or they are closer thus easier to shoot. im not gonna start running around like a retard when im surrounded, I dont feel id kill as many that way
>>
>>70302543
bit that stuck out for me was the flamethrower bit

christ I haven't watched it in so long, I'm going to rewatch it
>>
>>70302358
>>70302429

Haven't seen the series, but as someone who really enjoys History and WWII in particular it's hard to feel that the Pacific Theater was really all that compelling. Japan never had a chance in hell, they just hit pearl harbor in the hopes that America would piss off and let them keep fucking around in China / southeast Asia. It was a more lopsided contest than the USSR v. Germany on the eastern front, and the fact that it took 4 years is more a testament to the USA being slow and methodical than Japan's resistance.
>>
>>70302467
ikr???
>>
>>70302432
Except if you're playing dead, you're not doing your job which means your friends are dying.

Also, something they don't always show is that unless the enemies running right through your position, there gonna be checking the dead. First thing they usually do is poke around with their bayonets.

Lastly, what's the end game? Best case scenario, you are now ALONE behind enemy lines. Contrary to Rambo movies, there's very little you can do in that situation.
>>
>>70302358
I watched this while coming down from a big weekend. Was prefect. Cried manly tears of manliness every time someone died.
>>
File: Banderas.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
Banderas.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>70302358
>watching any war-related kino / tv series with a woman

your mistake, knucklehead.
>>
>>70302572
>if I was there, i'd do this and that
Fuck off retard.
You'd piss your pants and cry like Matt Damon did at the end of SPR.
>>
>>70303132
>Except if you're playing dead, you're not doing your job which means your friends are dying.
have you not been listening to me. I said the only time id try it is if was one of the last guys standing, and the enemy had surrounded me and was closing in. id wait for them to get closer so grenades have more effect and they are closer to me thus easier to shoot.

>>70303528
this is probalby what would happen,

dont you fags fucking listen, if me and my buddies just got blown to shit by artillery. I was the only one left, and the enemy was closing in, id rather hide, and either hope they avoid me, or be in a position where I could potentially kill more (suicide by grenade) if I wasnt shell shocked and pissing my pants crying, id rather do that, than stand up and start shooting at enemies 300m away, because I believe that id kill more bad guys that way. I dont plan to be like rambo and survive, but I would Imagine I could kill more by surprising them than by standing up and taking pop shots at bad guys
>>
>>70303132

just all pretend to be dead and take painkillers so you dont flinch when they poke you, sorted
>>
File: ye mane.png (39 KB, 114x142) Image search: [Google]
ye mane.png
39 KB, 114x142
>>70302358
>like you do when we fuck?
>>
File: 1464550000857.jpg (15 KB, 302x326) Image search: [Google]
1464550000857.jpg
15 KB, 302x326
>>70302429
>a great war series
>>
>>70302429
But women are cunts, don't you know this yet?
>>
>>70302432
>being this much of a coward
>>
>>70302687
holy shit you don't know fuck all about history of the pacific.
>>
>>70302358
>"Why don't they just lay down and pretend they're dead"

and what would that accomplish?
>>
File: 1463343470894.png (177 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1463343470894.png
177 KB, 400x302
>>70302687
>>
>>70302486
It isn't about surviving, it's about accomplishing the mission. Why have a military if they are just going to fucking hide
>>
>>70302687
It's a great series if you like WWII history. The main characters it follows were real marines.
>>
>watch Band of Brothers with twink friend
>he attempts to fondle me during all the good parts
why bother right guys?
>>
>>70303439
My GF loves war movies. She's from mexico and the general consensus of most foreigners is of America and it's obsession with war. America has been at war for about 95% of it's existence as a country. American culture of war, guns, and freedom absolutely fascinate her since she never sees any of that in her own country. A country literally ran by drug cartels that terrorize the populace that's afraid to fight back. If they tried that shit in the US it would never fly. People around the country would pull their own weapons and fight back hard.

Americans are warriors at heart. They are obsessed with the underdog and treat those that give up for even logical reasons as losers and cowards. Look at sports or even the Olympics. If an American gets injured they aren't suppose to complain or stop playing. Just rub some dirt in it and walk it off. Like that gymnast with the injured ankle. Or look at soccer, it's players throwing girly hissy fits at any sort of contact. The Superbowl is known to ignore penalties just to keep the game from being won on technicalities. Playing like men is what they are about. There were CONGRESS MEETINGS over juicing in baseball for fuck's sake.

You can complain about SJWs and liberals all you want but it's not going to change what American's believe in the end. Not even going on a patriotic rant. This same attitude happened in the past as well.

The media bitched and complained that American Marines didn't have what it takes to win the war against the experience Japanese armies. They called the marines weak and said they had no idea what they were getting into. Then journalists landed on the beaches like Tarawa along with the Marines and they ate their words. The Marines never once turned tail or even thought of going anywhere but forward.

That is why the Japs lost ww2. They put their money on America losing her resolve. They wanted to make the war as bloody as possible to make the US give up and sign a treaty.
>>
>>70302687

japan had a chance until they lost 4 carriers at midway, until then they had a stronger fleet than the US

if they hadn't thrown away their fleet they might have been able to find a settlement to the war by 46, after the war in europe ends the USSR quickly becomes the principal threat to the US and Japan's continental empire, in addition the communists win the civil war in china and the US comes to view Japan as their ally in asia

not that japan could have known any of this when they decided to go into midway
>>
Not watched this in ages. I think I'll treat myself to the bluray boxset.
>>
File: fry-em-womack-o.gif (2 MB, 319x180) Image search: [Google]
fry-em-womack-o.gif
2 MB, 319x180
>>70302606
being the flamethrower guy must have been the best/worst job in the marines.

Burn japs but one stray bullet and you're a roman candle
>>
>>70306147
The thing people don't understand is that Japan was kinda sorta hoping the US would never enter the war.

When the US did enter, Japan wasn't going for the complete unconditional surrender of the USA. It was hoping to cause enough casualties to the US that they would call for a treaty and allow Japan to continue it's expansion in the east.

Japan "winning" WW2 meant signing a treaty with US that allowed Japan to access oil and metal in the philippines as well as the rest of the Indies. They just wanted America and the rest of the Allies off it's back.

The never expected the USA to fight like it did and didn't take America's call for Japan's Unconditional Surrender as serious business. Even to the very end when the US changed the terms of Japan's surrender to be a little less severe they only took that as a sign that America was ready to give up.
>>
>why don't they just surrender
>>
>>70302429
This post is going STRAIGHT to the pool room
>>
>just play dead
Reminds me of the one jap in letters from Iwo Jima that strapped mines to his body and waited for days but no one showed up.

God that would have to be miserable. Just laying there hoping some poor medic is looking for survivors so you can blow yourself up.
>>
>playing dead doesn't work
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2743855/I-don-t-know-bullet-went-How-Shiite-soldier-survived-ISIS-massacre-800-blood-victim-smeared-face-convinced-killers-dead.html
>>
>>70302429
This first time I watch the Pacific I wasn't as fond of it as I was Band Of Brothers. For some reason, the characters were much harder to tell apart from one another and the Pacific is much more grim. They all had short curly hair and were all covered in mud and shit it was hard to tell who the main characters were.

Almost all the characters in Band Of Brothers had a sort of hope and life in them by the end of the series(minus poor pvt. Bullshit)

The pacific they all died from within way before a bullet or shell found them. Shit was dark. After watching it a few more times I really really love it, even more than Band Of Brothers now.

The thing about those series is that it's so much harder to watch any sort of war setting in a movie or show. It all just seems so cheesy and fake compared to these two shows.
>>
>>70306141
>loves war movies
Love =/= understand

Women will never be able to grasp the concept of honor, brotherhood, or self sacrifice for your fellow man. Sure, they can appreciate a good war flick and enjoy big gunfights and explosions, but it doesn't change the fact that men can't help but be fully invested in the film while women simply use it as background noise for their daydreams about shoes and internet gossip.
>>
>>70306141
Obviously you've never paid attention to the NBA. They flop almost as much as soccer players.
>>
>>70306693
>loses battle like a faggot
>gives up, get's captured
>luckily doesn't get shot in head
>plays dead

TOTALLY THE SAME THING GUYS
>>
>>70302358
same reason dumb bitches liek her don't when theyre about to be raped
>>
>>70306648
he was actually waiting for a tank hence the big ass mines he strapped to himself
>>
>>70306787
Who the fuck cares about the NBA?

The only people I know that watch basketball watch college. NBA is for faggots and niggers.

>>70306786

>lol what
>>
>>70306842
I just assumed he was waiting for anything to come by before detonating them with a grenade or whatever.

More explosives=bigger boom. Doesn't matter the type. Also pretty sure someone would have told the tank "Hey, there's a guy over here that war carrying like 6 tank mines. Should we move him first?"

"nah Ill just go over him"
>>
>>70306141
>Americans are warriors at heart.
It's hilarious that Americans think this of themselves.
The rest of us see you for what you are: A bunch of stuffed shirts and soft cunts who call the police and sue anyone who so much as gives you a hard look.

An accurate caricature of your nation and its people would be Cartman from South Park.
>>
>>70306939
lol you're doing just what t he japs did in ww2.

A country that has been at war for about 230 years nearly straight, is going to be pretty damn good at it.

9/11 showed the true nature of America when dealt a blow by an enemy. It's not to roll over and play dead.

That day literally changed the world. If france, germany, russia, japan, australia, china, or whatever shit country were to be attacked it makes the news for a couple days and no one cares.

Again, you can sit there and say ignorant stupid shit all you want but you're simply choosing to ignore reality. Whatever happens in your country has little to no effect on the working of the world. Something big happens in America and the entire world turns it's eyes onto her.
>>
People seem to forget that if you can play dead for 12+ hours until the battle is over and people start picking through the deceased for friendlies/looting, that they're also bayoneting and finishing off people who aren't quite dead.

It's pretty easy to tell who is dead after that amount of time, if they do end up searching the causalities. Body warmth and stiffness will always give you away even if you're acting perfectly dead.

Don't forget it's the Japs, so they're not going to skimp on body checks.
>>
>>70302467

How does that win the war?
>>
>>70307078
>A country that's been at war for 230 years should be good at it
Yeah sure that's why you lost to a bunch of rice farmers and goat herders. V strong Amerilards
>>
>>70306939
Who is the president of your country? Would anyone care or know? No, they wouldn't.

Everyone in the entire world know's who Obama is. Literally fucking everyone. For fuck's sake they know who Trump is as well because the entire world watches american elections.

I have lived in several different countries, Poland, Mexico, Argentina, Canada, and the USA.People always brings up our elections when talking to me. "That Obama of yours, he's so odd and different than our leaders. He's like a superstar, on billboards and TV and movies"

America has a standing army of 1.3million people and 800,000 in reserve with 120million fit able bodied men and women in the country. If there was a true war, a war that was a threat to America itself, I would bet real money half of them would sign up that day.
>>
>>70307309
>lost to a bunch of rice farmers and goat herders. V strong Amerilards
lol what.

Vietnam was a political war backed by Russia.

There's literally no reason to discuss this with you. You're far too retarded and ignorant to even begin to understand the complexities of Vietnam. You're just going to "durrrrrrrrr" the entire time.
>>
>>70306693
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2743855/I-don-t-know-bullet-went-How-Shiite-soldier-survived-ISIS-massacre-800-blood-victim-smeared-face-convinced-killers-dead.html

hmmmm, closeup of tacticool M4,
ISIS is CIAs child..
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.