[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What is going on with this show? They postponed Ep. 2 until June 4th? They are executing this show on purpose.
>>
June 5th*
>>
>>70209091

Literally who cares.

It's never going to be as good as the comic. They will skip, change and downplay so much due to budget and fear that this was always doomed.

It shouldn't even have been made, so it can be delayed forever and nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>70209300
Comic doesn't matter. Anyone who posts comparative analysis to the comic is an idiot who doesn't understand television audiences. Please return to your homeboard.

Preacher nimbly evaded May sweeps. You people don't understand that we are literally right in the heart of reaper season. Eliding a Memorial Day airing is simple logistics. Has nothing to do with the prospects for the show.

/tv/ doesn't seem to understand how television works. Maybe you should go back to masturbating to your buzzwords and memes.
>>
Postponed for holiday, I think.

>>70209300
Sadly, this.

There was so much missing from the pilot, I didn't even recognize it. I know it's not going to be exact, but it's like they took names and concepts from the book, and just ran with it.

Since when is Tulip a badass assassin? While a damn good markswoman, she never killed shit before hooking back up with Jesse.

And Cassidy, as much as I like how close his character was to the comics, since when was he Jason Fucking Borne? Yeah he was powerful, and could brawl, but none of that special forces shit. That town should have just been vaporized in the pilot.
>>
>>70209091
The show feels like a mix of Carnival and Banshee which is a good thing.
>>
>>70209379
>Comic adaptation
>Can't compare the two brah
Yes, you can.
Yes, people do.
Don't act like some high and mighty retard.

Different audiences and needing to change so much is why this adaptation will lack the impact, viscera and scale of the comic, that and TV budget.

I understand adaptation must change, you mong, that was pretty much my point. That it was a bad idea to adapt this at all. The changes the needs of TV necessitate render it worthless.
>>
>Capeshit
literally who cares
>>
>>70209650
>The changes the needs of TV necessitate render it worthless
Producers don't think about this. All they care about is "What the fuck is hot right now, okay find something similar and buy it." Vampires, zombies, grimdark Game of Thrones, superheroes, they're all just going to grind this shit into the earth.

Right now I bet after Walking Dead everyone fucking canvassed all of the comic book landscape to find the edgiest shit on the planet. And they found Preacher, which was also a project in development hell for decades. And they finally decided to green light it.

Look at who the fuck is behind this. It's Seth Rogen. Do you think that retard can possibly describe anything beyond how "fucking cool it is?"

God, look at this guy's hair. They couldn't even follow through with making Jesse a greasy dirtbag. They have to make him gorgeous.
>>
>>70209949
Yeah, I'm glad we agree it's worthless and doomed at every possible angle.

>>70209486
Seeing stuff like you describe is exactly why I won't even watch it.
>>
>ITT a bunch of comic book fags complain that an adaptation isn't exactly like their favorite comic
Wow how original.
>>
>>70209091
already dropped it last week.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.