[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain what the "spice" actually is? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dune.jpg (12 KB, 163x310) Image search: [Google]
dune.jpg
12 KB, 163x310
Can anyone explain what the "spice" actually is? I always imagined it was literally the stuff you put in food, like curries and stuff.
>>
it's explained in the first ten minutes
>>
>>70185136
I can't remember what happened in the first ten minutes other than that alien in the big fish tank and Kyle McLaughlin sticking his hand in the old woman's box.
>>
Its a drug, its main effect is slowing the ageing process and extending life, but it does a lot of things. The entire galaxy uses it daily, and it only comes from Dune as its a product of Dunes unique wildlife. Whoever controls the flow of spice off Dune, controls the galaxy, because withdrawl from it would kill people.

Its real name is Melange, spice is just it's nickname. It does get used in food too though.

The main character is a kind of chosen one, his unique breeding when combined with the effects of pure melange allow him to see all possible futures, and how to guide events into whichever future he chooses. Unfortunately for him, all futures result in a galaxy-wide jihad in his name.

Welcome to Dune.
>>
>>70185104

It's worm shit that turns you into a giant vaginafish.
>>
>>70185438
>to see all possible futures
er, to be fair, paul's big problem is he could only ever see one future, then became trapped in that future, because he, himself, was creating that future. Then died like a bitch because he couldn't disengage from that sequence of probability.

of course none of that is in the movie so who gives a shit
>>
>>70185227
That aint no alien, thats what spice overdose for shit tons of years does to you.
>>
It's petroleum.
>>
>>70185104
It's a by product of the worms on Dune iirc.
Been awhile since I read the book
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7mx0nAxkco
>>
File: toad.jpg (34 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
toad.jpg
34 KB, 480x270
>tfw you realize the Fremen are just Space Muslims and you can no longer enjoy the Dune universe
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.