[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT movies women will never understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13
File: truly he went into the wild.jpg (85 KB, 980x400) Image search: [Google]
truly he went into the wild.jpg
85 KB, 980x400
>ITT
movies women will never understand
>>
GOAT film.
>>
>>70149404
>>70151476
>In to the Wild
>man is mentally ill
>man shuns society, gives his money away, burns the rest of his money, identification, credit cards, gets his vehicle caught in a flash flood, becomes a filthy vagrant hitchhiker, changes his name to "Alexander Supertramp", kayaks to Mexico illegally, loses kayak in a dust storm, goes to California, shuns civilization again,
>man goes innawoods in Alaska and lives in an abandoned bus for 4 months, and was most likely the person that vandalized the supplies of food caches (he was a really stupid, mentally ill person after all, who wanted to destroy everything he had available to him from civilization)
>man dies from equal amounts of stupidity, ignorance, and starvation (and from being injured)
>enterprising Jewish author decides to write a book about it to make money from someone else's tragedy
>another enterprising Jewish guy decides more money can be made from the mentally ill innawoods guy and decides to make movie about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_%28film%29
Budget $15 million[2]
Box office $56,255,142[3]
8 awards
>>
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>70151745

>man is mentally ill

no just amazing self absorbed and short sighted

and he paid the ultimate price for it
>>
Guy has a self absorbed cunt.
>>
>>70151787
Not at all, his actions in real life show that he's got mental issues. Most anyone who "escapes" civilization in the manner he did is mentally ill. Most of them just need simple counseling.
>>
this movie sucks
>>
Movie was alright but this story could've only happened to a white male.

>fug society man xDD
I just don't understand white people
>>
>>70151830
breh what if civilization needs the counseling
>>
>>70151923
you have to be part of modern society to dislike it
>>
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 2048x1536
That dude's gay af tbphmb
>>
>>
>>70151830
>Most of them just need simple counseling.

Not who you're replying to but you're discrediting your argument by showing your bias. To suggest that a non-mentally ill person just simply needs counselling in order to want to stay within society is really narrow minded. It's not objectively right to want to live in the way everybody lives, and it's not wrong to explore other avenues. While I agree that a lot of his actions seemed eccentric and short-sighted in a way that could be put down to mental issues, going through with the act of leaving society in itself is not evidence of this, and is actually quite admirable.
>>
File: BlueRuin_Quad_ArtLR.jpg (770 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BlueRuin_Quad_ArtLR.jpg
770 KB, 1024x768
Ayyy
>>
File: 310_to_Yuma_(2007_film).jpg (32 KB, 306x453) Image search: [Google]
310_to_Yuma_(2007_film).jpg
32 KB, 306x453
Pure thesis on masculine honor and pride. No woman can ever understand why.
>>
>>70152046
Attempted suicide is normally treated in a mental hospital. Thankfully this shitstain did it right and will hopefully help cull generations of equally retarded mentally ill people for decades to come.
>>
>>70152046
>going through with the act of leaving society in itself is not evidence of this

Actually, it is and people need meds for that type of shit.
>>
File: RoadWarrior_062aPyxurz.jpg (175 KB, 1600x1214) Image search: [Google]
RoadWarrior_062aPyxurz.jpg
175 KB, 1600x1214
>>
>>70152134
Why would he leave an SOS if he was attempting suicide? Why would he try to hike around the river?
>>
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (92 KB, 640x308) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
92 KB, 640x308
>>
>>70152255
I wonder how many people dangled on their own noose wishing someone would have helped him.

Chris McCandless is a Darwin award winner if there ever was one.
>>
>>70152165
uh

you can only be described as mentally ill if your illness or disorder debilitates you or negatively impacts your life and causes dysfunction or stress

if you are perfectly healthy, rational and comfortable living alone in the wilderness you are not mentally ill
>>
>>70152309
The dude may have been retardedly unprepared but he wasn't suicidal. He planned to leave the way he came but was unaware of Alaskan Spring conditions. The whole reason he brought so little food was because of all the romanticism he was into about finding yourself in nature.
>>
Any other similar innawoods flicks like this?
>>
>>70151945
makes you think
>>
>>70152366
>if you are perfectly healthy, rational and comfortable living alone in the wilderness you are not mentally ill

A statement which doesn't describe Chris McCandless in any way. I guess someone moved his cheese.
>>
>>70152559
the discussion isn't solely about mccandless but rather the statement that anyone who isolates from society is mentally ill.

that CAN be a sign of mental illness certainly but not all people who choose to isolate are mentally ill and insisting that they all are is pretty silly.
>>
>>70152075
>>70151993
>>70149404
True
>>
File: wttw_1338852610.jpg (109 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
wttw_1338852610.jpg
109 KB, 800x400
>>
>>70152625
Willful isolation is always mental illness.
>>
>>70152707
sounds like something a woman would say
>>
>>70152731
Doubtful that you know any.
>>
>>70152107
This desu, one the most manly movies ever made
>>
File: Denzel.jpg (8 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
Denzel.jpg
8 KB, 300x226
>>70149404

Training Day.
>>
>>70152033

But women love Drive because of the Gos.
>>
>>70149404

I was lent the DVD of this by a woman.
>>
>>70152767
lol triggered, tumblr might be more your speed.
>>
>>70152840
I'm pretty sure OP means that a women could never understand the main characters motives
>>
My wife walked in on me watching this and gave me the old eye roll and giggle and asked "What the fuck is this?" Pretty sure this qualifies it.
>>
>>70152928
Maybe your wife is just a cunt though
>>
>>70152928
that was a lot like my reaction to the directors cut, to be fair
>>
>>70152767
>y-you never touched a woman!!!!

fuck off, slag
>>
>>70151923
You don't understand someone not liking society? Have you fucking seen society lately?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.