[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/list s/40-best-science-fictio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 720x405-RS_SciFi_TVShows.png (411 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-RS_SciFi_TVShows.png
411 KB, 720x405
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/40-best-science-fiction-tv-shows-20160526
Anyone agrees with this?
>>
Haven't seen half of those. What I saw I won't really debate, although Torchwood really is ranked way too high.

This reminds me, I always wanted to find and rewatch Now and Again.
>>
File: 1406665976117.png (84 KB, 430x312) Image search: [Google]
1406665976117.png
84 KB, 430x312
Lets do this, posting as I go through the list.

>the 100 @ 36 lel, inb4 butthurt
>Now and Again on the list
>Man in the High Castle @ 33
>Misfits on the list
>Agents of Ass on the list

>SG-1 @ 27 what a travesty
>Jessica Jones on the list at all @ 25 >.>
>life on Mars on the list
>The Flash on the list at all @ 23 >.>
>Babylon 5 (the objectively best space sci-fi) @ 20 even a bigger travesty
>Dollhouse on the list at all @ 18 top lel
>TNG @ 17
>Torchwood @ 16 just fuck my shit up senpai
>LOST @ 14
>Orphan Black @ 11 now this is getting into trolling land
>Black Mirror 9 (literally who?) @ 9 while classic Outer Limits is @ 10 top lel
>Buffy @ 8
>The X-Files @ 6 and not in 1 or 2
>TOS @ 1 AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

No mediocre series Heroes or Continuum instead of crap like Life on Mars or Jessica Jones
No Lexx
No Stargate Atlantis/Universe
No modern Outer Limits, literally the 3rd best sci-fi series after Babylon 5 and X-Files
No DS9/VOY/ENT
No Space Above and Beyond
No Farscape
No Twin Peaks
No Slders
No War of the Worlds
No Space 1999
No Jericho, just kill those guys making this list
No Dark Angel
No Logan;s Run
No Blake's 7
No Lost in Space

List made by entry level Wikipedia surfing journalists designed to pander to SJWs. Complete and utter garbage. I can make a better one in 10 minutes and so can any moderately competent /tv/ poster.

JUST: the list

>mfw going through it
>>
How is buffy considered sci-fi?
How is any capeshit considered sci-fi?
How is the twilight zone considered sci-fi when half the episodes just turn out to be "you're dead and in the afterlife"?

Rolling stone is like the gamer grrl of sci-fi. Only concerned with surface image, not really geeking out.
>>
>>70141544
To be fair all of those are indeed sci-fi in the broader term, but capeshit shows would be in the 200s not top 30

There are A TON of shows that deserve to be ahead of capeshit shows like The First Wave or even Early Edition
>>
Not going to check it out but I can tell you if Babylon 5 or Star Trek TOS aren't #1 it's TRAAAASH.
>>
>>70141765
No.
Sci-fi as a genre is not expanded in such a manner, no matter what the Sci-fi channel's shitty bitch executive would like to think. Sci-fi is very specific in what it is, a mirror of a given society presented with technologies and concepts that may not yet exist in the piece of work's contemporary time.
Capeshit fits into SF, speculative fiction, which is the umbrella term that encompasses Sci-fi, horror, and fantasy.
>>
>>70142201
Anon plz. Sci-fi IS the umbrella term. It has a bunch of sub genres than encompass pretty much everything... like Superhuman sci-fi which has many sub genres itself, one of which is capeshit.
>>
>>70142366
Can there be sci-fi works where people have super powers? Certainly.
But capeshit in its most base form is its own breed of genre fiction.
>>
>>70142511
Fair enough. Shit like Dark Angel, Heroes, The Flash, etc. can still be classified.
>>
>>70142639
Let me define capeshit

Any movie or show based off of a superhero established in a comicbook property.
I just take issue with stuff being called sci-fi when the source material has magic in it.
Even if you invoke asimovs axiom i still feel naughty calling dr strange a sci-fi movie, or ghost rider, or elektra.
>>
>>70142815
Hm, that's a curios distinction. So by this meter stick Heroes would be sci-fi and Flash not.

What about Agents of SHIELD that has no specific comic book, but exists in a universe inspired by one?
>>
>>70142953
Anything from marvel or dc or their offshoots like vertigo and they mention super heroes then yes its capeshit. Its just mundane or hidden power level capeshit
>>
A joke list, made by people who cycle fixie bikes, grow beards, and eat gluten free.
>>
>>70143614
I like this description.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.