[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I was 18 >tfw watching ROTK in theaters >Gondo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 022.jpg (52 KB, 1000x443) Image search: [Google]
022.jpg
52 KB, 1000x443
>tfw I was 18
>tfw watching ROTK in theaters
>Gondor is getting their shit pushed in by Mordor
>Gandalf about to get wrecked by the Witch-King
>it's all ogre
>Rohan out of fucking nowhere
>dem horns

Still get chills desu senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZ3SN65kIs
>>
>blowing horns to let them all know you're coming
great strategy fucking idiots
>>
>>70091825
If we followed that logic, then charging only with a cavalry sustains no rational thinking either. They should all be dead. You can't just trample an entire army. At one point your initial speed diminishes, and by then, your only choice is to disengage.

>inb4 "muh it worked in Vienna with the polish cav, I s-swear ._."

Bullshit. The charge threw the Turks off, but only worked because the infrantry could then charge the Turks that were being pinned down by the Polish cavalry.
>>
>>70091949
I don't think Rohan's charge was much better than Vienna. The charge ended in Elephants and a dead king.
>>
>>70090117
If you truly appreciated this scene you wouldn't have posted this low quality video with out of sync audio.
>>
>>70091825
That was a long hill to run down, the orks would have had time to reform anyways.
>>
>>70091825
>>70091994
idiots
>>
>tfw too young to have seen any of the movies in theaters
>>
when the horns come tho

https://youtu.be/Bsocf4lmROQ
>>
>>70092163
t. idiot
>>
Holy shit. That scene actually got me a little misty eyed.

Not even for any narrative element, but just as a craft. They really fucking nailed this movie. They put in that much money, those actors, that score, the camera work, everything in that scene is the culmination of practically the entire series and of the movie itself.

Its fucking brilliant to see great film making come together, especially in light of the hobbit.
>>
>theatres
>Gandalf about to get wrecked by the Witch-King
Hmm
>>
>>70092485
You'll be in full on treats when you remember the Hobbit Trilogy exists
>>
>>70092522

That triggered me too.
>>
>>70090117
The guy at 04:00 makes the whole scene, every time I see that small cut I choke up
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.