[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT, ASOIAF quotes that should have been included in the show.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
ITT, ASOIAF quotes that should have been included in the show.

>"We all know what my brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."
>>
>>69943644
>These pardoned lords would do well to reflect on that. Good men and true will fight for Joffrey, wrongly believing him the true king. A northman might even say the same of Robb Stark. But these lords who flocked to my brother's banners knew him for a usurper. They turned their backs on their rightful king for no better reason than dreams of power and glory, and I have marked them for what they are. Pardoned them, yes. Forgiven. But not forgotten.

>I stopped believing in gods the day I saw the Windproud break up across the bay. Any gods so monstrous as to drown my mother and father would never have my worship, I vowed. In King's Landing, the High Septon would prattle at me of how all justice and goodness flowed from the Seven, but all I ever saw of either was made by men.

>It is not a question of wanting. The throne is mine, as Robert's heir. That is law. After me, it must pass to my daughter, unless Selyse should finally give me a son. I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations. But only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done after the Trident.

>Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that.

>I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty.
>>
>>69943644
>I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning… burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?

>I never asked for this crown. Gold is cold and heavy on the head, but so long as I am the king, I have a duty … If I must sacrifice one child to the flames to save a million from the dark … Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.

>Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.

>Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing.

>I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?

>No man in the Seven Kingdoms is more honorable than Stannis Baratheon. He will keep his word.

>Few of the birds that Maester Aemon had sent off had returned as yet. One reached Stannis, though. One found Dragonstone, and a king who still cared.
>>
bump for interest, doesnt have to be Mannis quotes
>>
File: 20 good men.png (17 KB, 315x423) Image search: [Google]
20 good men.png
17 KB, 315x423
>>69943877
>I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?
Cue Randy Bolton & his 20 good men.
>>
>All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. ... ,before you make me rue the day I raped your mother.
>>
Everything from the book kingsmoot.
Holy shit that was so extremely dissapointing.
>>
>>69943644
>It is a fearsome thing to sail beyond Valyria.
>I could sail the Iron Fleet to hell if need be.

good night sweet Captain
>>
nobody talks that long, audience only cares about quips
>>
> It was a jest, Arya knew, but Thoros did not laugh. He put a hand on Lord Beric's shoulder.

> "Best not to dwell on it."

> "Can I dwell on what I scarce remember? I held a castle on the Marches once, and there was a woman I was pledged to marry, but I could not find that castle today, nor tell you the color of that woman's hair. Who knighted me, old friend? What were my favorite foods? It all fades. Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest. Are you my mother, Thoros?"

The fact that they cut this but added in that cringey as fuck "ghosts" monologue will never stop pissing me off.
>>
>>69943644

Instead
> lol who wants roasted daughter
>>
File: euron.jpg (185 KB, 698x524) Image search: [Google]
euron.jpg
185 KB, 698x524
Good thread OP.

>"Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

t. Euron
>>
>>69945660
cutting it is one thing.

Cutting it up and butchering it, then having them used out of context in an argument against Balon on a rainy bridge is a whole different story
>>
>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.
>>
>>69945148
The show:
>Save me Tony!
>>
>>69945660
This. I really like Euron's lines. They feel powerful and charismatic.
>>
>>69945454
Hate that Jon literally loses nothing from his death.....
>>
File: doran.jpg (18 KB, 320x247) Image search: [Google]
doran.jpg
18 KB, 320x247
>I am not blind, nor deaf. I know that you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes. Your father and I worked more closely than you know … but now he is gone. The question is, can I trust his daughters to serve me in his place?

- Pimp Doran
>>
> I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue

Based Hugo Wull
>>
>>69945660
What? According to /TV/ the only GRRM passage ever is about diarrhea
>>
>>69945770
Ahh there's the inevitable autism
>>
>>69943644
>Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that.

>I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty.

These are in the show
>>
>"Only Cat."
>>
>>69943877
>I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning… burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?

This one I missed the most in the show.
The most Mannis quote of them all. He will do his duty, even though he knows it will destroy him.
>>
>>69945944
Stannis was so butchered that their meaning was completely lost.
>>
>>69946051
I wanted the one about sacrifice having to be hard to be true sacrifice. It's a great theme that could have supported an entire episode in Season Three. It also provides a much better motivation for Stannis to consider the death of Gendry than muh melisex.
>>
File: When the kush hits you.jpg (8 KB, 73x88) Image search: [Google]
When the kush hits you.jpg
8 KB, 73x88
>>69945843
>>
File: lilfinger.jpg (215 KB, 900x1189) Image search: [Google]
lilfinger.jpg
215 KB, 900x1189
>"My lord, I... I do not understand... Joffrey gave you Harrenhal, made you Lord Paramount of the Trident... why..."

>"Why should I wish him dead?" Littlefinger shrugged. "I had no motive. Besides, I am a thousand leagues away in the Vale. Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you. Remember that, Sansa, when you come to play the game."

>"What... what game?"

>"The only game. The game of thrones." He brushed back a strand of her hair. "You are old enough to know that your mother and I were more than friends. There was a time when Cat was all I wanted in this world. I dared to dream of the life we might make and the children she would give me... but she was a daughter of Riverrun, and Hoster Tully. Family, Duty, Honor, Sansa. Family, Duty, Honor meant I could never have her hand. But she gave me something finer, a gift a woman can give but once. How could I turn my back upon her daughter? In a better world, you might have been mine, not Eddard Stark's. My loyal loving daughter... Put Joffrey from your mind, sweetling. Dontos, Tyrion, all of them. They will never trouble you again. You are safe now, that's all that matters. You are safe with me, and sailing home."

- Lil' Finger
>>
>>69946374

i don't think the show included the bit about LF claiming to have taken her mum's virginity. it's pretty WTF now that I think about it, that he's telling her daughter all this.
>>
>"Where is this Dothraki sea?" he demanded. "I will sail the Iron Fleet across it and find the queen wherever she may be."

Oh, Victarion. Propably the most entertaining PoV
>>
>>69946424
Petyr is a headcase.
>>
File: 1431914840470.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1431914840470.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>69946374
>"The only game. The game of thrones™ written by D.B. Weiss and David Benoff"

Really, GRRM?
>>
>>69946563
>No time for Victarian
>Time for Myranda, Ramsay's ebin girlfriend

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>69946668
This. That's a terrible, clunky line.
>>
>>69945845

Absolutely based. Winds of Winter WHEN
>>
Fuuuuck, maybe I should finally suck it up and make the switch to the books.
>>
>>69945845
If D&D had any sense, Smalljon should give this speech as he prepares to turn on the Boltons.
>>
>>69945872
According to /tv/ you're a faggot tho
>>
>"One day on a ranging we brought down a fine big elk. We were skinning it when the smell of blood drew a shadowcat out of its lair. I drove it off, but not before it shredded my cloak to ribbons. Do you see? Here, here, and here?" He chuckled. "It shredded my arm and back as well, and I bled worse than the elk. My brothers feared I might die before they got me back to Maester Mullin at the Shadow Tower, so they carried me to a wildling village where we knew an old wisewoman did some healing. She was dead, as it happened, but her daughter saw to me. Cleaned my wounds, sewed me up, and fed me porridge and potions until I was strong enough to ride again. And she sewed up the rents in my cloak as well, with some scarlet silk from Asshai that her grandmother had pulled from the wreck of a cog washed up on the Frozen Shore. It was the greatest treasure she had, and her gift to me." He swept the cloak back over his shoulders. "But at the Shadow Tower, I was given a new wool cloak from stores, black and black, and trimmed with black, to go with my black breeches and black boots, my black doublet and black mail. The new cloak had no frays nor rips nor tears … and most of all, no red. The men of the Night’s Watch dressed in black, Ser Denys Mallister reminded me sternly, as if I had forgotten. My old cloak was fit for burning now, he said. "I left the next morning … for a place where a kiss was not a crime, and a man could wear any cloak he chose."
>>
>>69945843
>“Until the mountain crushed my brother’s skull, no Dornishmen had died in this War of the Five Kings," the prince murmured softly, as Hotah pulled a blanket over him. "Tell me, Captain, is that my shame or my glory?
>>
>>69951020
report and ignore lads
>>
>>69943644
Wouldn't work, show Stannis was exactly like Robert; leading from the front in both his major battles with great risk to his person.
>>
>>69949347

just do eet senpai. Might wanna wait 'til TWOW is announced though, for continuity when you read them. A Dream of Spring is never coming out though, so if you read them be prepared to accept the show's ending.
>>
>>69951204
Well, it would still work. Show Stannis is not as boisterous about being a warrior. The quote would still work, as Robert was a legendary fighter in the Seven Kingdoms and Stannis was a Legendary Commander,even in the show
>>
>"What's the big deal about Game of Thrones? It's just dragons and tits"

Sir Stephen Dilane
>>
File: 1426478277953.jpg (159 KB, 800x678) Image search: [Google]
1426478277953.jpg
159 KB, 800x678
>>69945845
>Ned's little girl
>Arya thinks her pack lies overseas in the temple
>>
>Wubalubadubdub
T. Peter Gryphon
>>
>Without a son of Winterfell to stand beside me, I can only hope to win the north by battle. That requires stealing a leaf from my brother's book. Not that Robert ever read one."
>>
>>69945015
All he had to say was
>give me 100 good men
and MAYBE
i'd believe it, if the horses were slaughtered or something
>>
>Drogon roared full in her face, his breath hot enough to blister skin. Off to her right Dany heard Barristan Selmy shouting, "Me! Try me. Over here. Me!

>Khrazz laughed. “Old man. I will eat your heart.” “Then come,” said Barristan the Bold. Khrazz came.

Barristan got fucked over super hard along with Stannis. Ruined the show for me.
>>
>“When there was a Stark in Winterfell, a maiden girl could walk down the kingsroad in her name-day gown and still go unmolested, and travelers could find fire, bread, and salt at many an inn and holdfast. But the nights are colder now, and doors are closed… It was different when there was a Stark in Winterfell. But the old wolf’s dead and young one’s gone south to play the game of thrones, and all that’s left us is the ghosts.”
>>
>>69954015
>“The wolves will come again,” said Jojen solemnly.
>“And how would you be knowing, boy?”
>“I dreamed it.”
>“Some nights I dream of me mother that I buried nine years past,” the man said, “but when I wake, she’s not come back to us.”
>“There are dreams and dreams, my lord.”
>>
File: briennejaimebear.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
briennejaimebear.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>“Her name is Brienne,” Jaime said. “Brienne, the maid of Tarth. You are still maiden, I hope?”
Her broad homely face turned red. “Yes.”
>“Oh, good,” Jaime said. “I only rescue maidens.”
>“Ser Jaime?” Even in soiled pink satin and torn lace, Brienne looked more like a man in a gown than a proper woman. “I am grateful, but... you were well away. Why come back?”
>A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jaime only shrugged. “I dreamed of you,” he said.
>>
>>69946374
Do cat was a little whore who gave his virginty to cia? Or was he lying?
>>
>>69954163
CIA fucked Lysa while drunk as hell and thought it was Cat.

>That was the night I stole up to his bed to give him comfort. I bled, but it was the sweetest hurt. He told me he loved me then, but he called me Cat, just before he fell back to sleep.
>>
>“Do you think he would allow you to take the black if you were not his own blood, and Joanna’s? Tywin seems a hard man to you, I know, but he is no harder than he’s had to be. Our own father was gentle and amiable, but so weak his bannermen mocked him in their cups. Some saw fit to defy him openly. Other lords borrowed our gold and never troubled to repay it. At court they japed of toothless lions. Even his mistress stole from him. A woman scarcely one step above a whore, and she helped herself to my mother’s jewels! It fell to Tywin to restore House Lannister to its proper place just as it fell to him to rule this realm, when he was no more than twenty. He bore that heavy burden for twenty years, and all it earned him was a mad king’s envy. Instead of the honor he deserved, he was made to suffer slights beyond count, yet he gave the Seven Kingdoms peace, plenty, and justice. He is a just man. You would be wise to trust him.”
>Tyrion blinked in astonishment. Ser Kevan had always been solid, stolid, pragmatic; he had never heard him speak with such fervor before. >“You love him.”
>“He is my brother.”
>>
>“Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Davos. They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. “My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter…but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”
>>
>>69945660

Can I take this moment to show my illiteracy and ask what this "t. (name)" thing I always see means?

Is it short for "to quote"?
>>
>>69945660
i read this in my head with the current actor's voice, seemed shit

then i read it in mads' voice, so much better

fuck /tv/ why are they so shit at casting?
>>
File: fw1.jpg (77 KB, 395x594) Image search: [Google]
fw1.jpg
77 KB, 395x594
>"A man must have some name, is that not so? Biter cannot speak, and Biter cannot write. So a man calls him biter and he smiles. Are you charmed?"
>"No."
>"A man must weep."
>>
>Yes, Jon. It need not be for long. Only until such time as the garrison returns. Donal chose you, and Qhorin Halfhand before him. Lord Commander Mormont made you his steward. You are a son of Winterfell, a nephew of Benjen Stark. It must be you or no one. The Wall is yours, Jon Snow."
>>
>>69954689
I take it as short for 'signed', or written by.

Good thread btw OP
>>
File: 1464037388296.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1464037388296.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
Stannis lives.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.