[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other movies about realistic medieval settings and life styles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Any other movies about realistic medieval settings and life styles?

In addition to pic related ive watched and enjoyed Andrei Rublev, a man for all seasons and the seventh seal
>>
>>62780247
>Based movie
>>
>>62780247
>realistic
>The Name of the Rose
>the monks all look and seem like weird freaks
>admitted by casting that they looked for "unique looks"
>grr greedy monks eating good while peasantry starves
>guy is actually against happiness or some shit
pls
I do love, though, that while the modernist idiot who made that film wanted to depict the medieval age as dry, boring, dead, grey, etc, they still show in one or two scenes how they illuminated manuscripts in the most wonderful ways. 404 error
>>
>>62780324
desu senpai they believed in god but traded with the devil sepu densei
>>
>>62780247
The Advocate
>>
I guess ur gonna like this one then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Yq9RY-CQ4
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>tfw you will never work on illuminations in a scriptorium with your monk bros

why even live desu

best soundtrack too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eL9nEGZwQU&list=PLH9C08qrQ7S67j83iF2LvTg_Awt0XR9HR
>>
>>62780247
this movie is GOAT
>>
>>62780247
Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes
Kingdom of heaven, i think
>>
Marketa Lazerova
>>
It's a satire and comic like regarding the story but a history professor of mine claims that Terry Gilliams Jabberwocky comes really close to tru medival settings. Esecially regrading the dirt and overall texture and look of the movie.
>>
>>62780247
You do understand that they didn't have movie cameras in the medieval times, I hope. Because they didn't. Any movie about the period is automatically unrealistic and it has to be because of that fact.
>>
>>62780247
>That sex scene outta fucking nowhere
>>
>>62780324
>that's the joke
to be honest family
Eco has admitted to putting in inaccuracies, e.g. the size of the library would be insane for medieval times.
>>
File: scooby2_1996628c.jpg (56 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
scooby2_1996628c.jpg
56 KB, 460x287
>>62780247
>mfw it wasn't really the devil behind all the killings
>mfw it wasn't really the apocalypse (well except for the library)
>mfw he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky Franciscans
>>
>>62784297
Adso was Benedictine.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.