[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you looking forward to the new MST3K? https://www.kicks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1447200199670.jpg (65 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
1447200199670.jpg
65 KB, 487x720
Are you looking forward to the new MST3K?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k
>>
As an autisticly obsessed mstie
Not a chance in hell.
Even Joel says the new show won't be as good as the original, so why the hell is he making it?
Simple way to make more money and be relevant again, which is sad because I thought Joel was better than that.
Because of its theme and style its been adopted by those cringey "Geek Culture" pricks like Felicia Day.
So of course they're going to shoe horn her in even though she's talentless and has NEVER had anything to do with the series in any form.
Whoever has the most money can make their lel so fahnny jokes and ebin references thanks to the Kickstarter reward system.
Instead of bringing the show back in reruns or funding some spirutal successor we get a reboot that's almost as souless as Mallons crappy web cartoons.
>>
>>62743445
This feels like Joel trying to be relevant again. He left the show to work on his "comedy" set and when that didn't pan out he had no idea how to slouch back in.

Mike, Kevin and Bill have been successful post MST3K with Rifftrax and I think Joel wants a piece of that action. This is the only way he knows how aside from what he's collecting from royalties for DVD, and digital media sales of MST3K episodes. He's also been critical on Rifftrax saying that it doesn't work because there's no plot to the riffing.

tl;dr, Joel, Joel who? I made MST3K I'll make it again to be famous again.
>>
>>62743667
>best selling author
>acclaimed and award winning comedy writer
>talentless
>>
>>62743740
> plot to the riffing
I think I understand this (sounds similar to "wrestling psychology") but could you please clarify this?
>>
>>62744917
>it's a show about a guy and two robots trapped on a space station by a mad scientist and forced to watch bad movies
>it can't just be a show about three guys watching bad movies, thats stupid
>>
>>62745087
Their words not mine.
>>
>>62743445

Sounds more like a MST8K3.
>>
I'm honestly scared that this will suck.
>>
Dream scenario:

> The Bots
Kevin Murphy as Tom Servo
Bill Corbett as Crow

> The Mads
Mike
Joel
TV's Frank

> The Host
Trace
>>
File: robots.jpg (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
robots.jpg
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>62745087
I pretend Kevin and Bill are robots when I watch Rifftrax
>>
Yep, it's going to suck.
>>
I've seen the Cinematic Titanic live shows and they have been pretty fun
so I doubt the new MST3K would be worse than that.

Plus some new talent?

I'd like them to get mike and some old guys back though.
>>
>it stinks!
>>
I always felt like Joel was the better host.
>>
>>62745592
How's it feel to be objectively wrong?
>>
>>62745659
I wouldn't know, haven't spoken to any Mike-fans about it yet.
>>
>>62745659

Joel > Mike is objective reality.
>>
I wish J. Elvis Weinstein was returning as Tom Servo. I like Kevin Murphy's portrayal more, but Weinstein was the highlight of the KTMA-TV episodes.
>>
>>62743740
>I think Joel wants a piece of that action

...or he genuinely loves doing riffing and writing a show like mst3k and he sees this as a genuine way to reboot the IP he owns and which fit neatly into his whole prop comedy schtick.

Hope it's good, the riffing should be, probably not going to be picking it up unless I hear good buzz about it after its released.
>>
>>62746323
The guy is a total Denise Crosby

He chose to quit MST3K early on and went on to never do anything else noteworthy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1720x989) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1720x989
Hopefully they can sign on Motherfucker Mike as a writer/guest star.
>>
>>62746357

Joel has stated that Jim Mallon effectively forced him out. It was either Joel stay and the show ends or Joel leaves and the show continues.
>>
>>62745910

The thing is that really, who is doing the voices of the robots doesn't matter as long as they are semi competent at delivery of the lines the writers come up with and those lines are good.

>>62745087

Well the skit segments were ways to build the character and make you sympathise with their suffering - there's a legit purpose to the skits beyond merely being another comedy delivery medium and they should be synergising well with the riffing.
>>
will felicia please be the new host already?
>>
>>62746799
>He chose to quit MST3K early on

It was sort of "he was forced out" but also a load of shit caused primarily by the bullshit surrounding the making of the MST3k Movie that everyone involved with mst3k absolutely hated in retrospect.

The skits in the episode where all the host segments are based around Crow making "earth vs soup" into a movie kinda show from the creator's viewpoint how making the movie twisted what should been a project involving friends into the sort of serious business that ruins friendships and working relationships.
>>
File: 1443352204408.jpg (117 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1443352204408.jpg
117 KB, 600x800
>>62747619
No, she's the new Mad Scientist who torments the host
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.