[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit this film is so bad, they somehow made every character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 11189471_ori.jpg (17 KB, 180x270) Image search: [Google]
11189471_ori.jpg
17 KB, 180x270
Holy shit this film is so bad, they somehow made every character unlikeable especially the little girl, she's like tumblr as a kid, they butchered the book honestly.
>>
>>62728044
I agree. I do not understand why people defend this movie so; It's irredeemable.
>Whole plot is "Tom Cruise runs around avoiding death with his worthless family"
>His family is the definition of baggage, contribute nothing and only create problems
>Wind up in Tim Robbins' house for a thirty minute stretch of nonsense
>Spielberg clearly thought he had the next Drew Barrymore with Dakota
>Tripods are only shown in passing glances. Mostly it's a lights and sound effects show
>Morgan Freeman literally narrates the end
I could go on. So shit. Also how did Tom Cruise happen to be the ONLY guy who knew how to get a car to work?
>>
Nah. This film was great. The set-pieces are fantastic.
>>
>>62728439
Yeah that one scene where the camera is pointed at Tom Cruise turning a steering wheel a comical amount of times was a fantastic setpiece. Also the scene where they're hiding in a house from spooky lights. Fantastic.
>>
The kids were the worst pieces of shit. Should've just been Tom Cruise fighting aliens.
>>
>>62728044
mediocre
>>
i thought it was alright, instead of another generic alien invasion it was more like a survival movie which i liked
>>
Only good part was the noise the tripods made, pretty spooky honestly.
>>
File: 1441141882159.jpg (11 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1441141882159.jpg
11 KB, 210x251
>>62729251
Yes, and some of their scenes. They were the only redeeming part of the movie
>>
>>62729251
>>62729281
I like the early parts when the aliens show up and attack. After a while they became ridiculous. They should have Godzilla-d the movie.
>that one time when the alien killed all people "literally" around Tom but not him
I wonder if this movie has some Scientology agenda
>>
>>62729396
>>62729281
Yeah in the last half of the movie they fall off, they start doing stupid things like
>let's just get out of our huge fucking mechs and walk around instead of using the camera to search
>>
You're stupid. The first 30 minutes are perfect.

The fucking sounds. And the score when it first happens.

DUN dun dun DUN dun dun
>>
>>62728251
>>Spielberg clearly thought he had the next Drew Barrymore with Dakota
What ever happened to Dakota? She used to be in everything.
>>
>fantastic set pieces
>fantastic atmosphere
>fantastic directing and camerawork by spielberg
Nah dude, i thought this supposed to be one of spielberg's hidden gem, very underrated. The only issue i had is the older brother character, the conclusion and some inconsistencies.
And what the fuck do tou think a little girl supposed to act in the middle of alien invasion??
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-21-03h14m38s162.jpg (236 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-21-03h14m38s162.jpg
236 KB, 1280x694
It felt rushed. Then I watched the making of and it was actually rushed like hell because Crusie and Spielberg wanted to do a movie together and the pre-production, shooting and post-production was done very quickly. It's still a nice movie tho, worth a watch, although Kaminski went overboard with the diffusion filters.
>>
File: HGW-2.jpg (234 KB, 1000x870) Image search: [Google]
HGW-2.jpg
234 KB, 1000x870
>>62728044
I found it passable; the really sad thing is, to date it's *the*most* faithful adaptation of any of H.G. Wells' works, and I've read all of them.
>>
>>62728044

>hating on cutie patootie dakota

get a load of this guy
>>
>>62729654
>Muh triggers
>Muh safe space
>Muh screaming and never listens to muh father
>Muh allergic to peanut butter
>>
>Son runs towards explosion
>Group hug reunion because no reasons necessary

Kind of liked hearing Cruise kill that guy. Our imaginations are scarier than what they could show.
>>
>>62729607
Why the rush? Just because of "we need to collaborate now!"
>>
>>62729535
It's called being a child actor.
>>
>>62729707
They had a lot of fun doing Minority Report and it also turned out to be a pretty great movie, so after that they were looking for another one to do together and Crusie was like "Ok, Steve, I've got 5 months here in between projects and I have these three projects here, this, this and War of the Worlds" and then Spielberg was like "War of the Worlds? We're doing this shit!" and then the producers were all "Sure, if you can shoot it right now so that we can get this and this release date" and they did it.
>>
Dat flaming train though.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.