[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth viewing since its canon? Does hayden and ewan voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: star_wars_clone_wars_promo.jpg (31 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_clone_wars_promo.jpg
31 KB, 400x321
Is this worth viewing since its canon? Does hayden and ewan voice their own shit?
>>
Epic funpost bro
>>
it's pretty shit, but rebels is actually not bad. really channels the OT spirit at times
>>
It's only canon because Disney could still spin a profit off of it, unlike every other paltry EU thing no one cares about. The canonicity is meaningless and always was, because there never WAS a plan for any canon to fit into the movies. Even the prequels, the most canon you could get at that point, every decision made to 'fit' into the 'established universe,' didn't fit into the original films at all.

I mean, even Empire conflicts with the information given in SW. That line about the father being a good friend was NOT reflecting on Vader. The whole twist was decided after many other possibilities thought up and shot down. Leia being his sister was a random choice in the third film...

The canon of SW should have no bearing on why you watch or read something. You should only be asking, 'is this good?' And if it's not SW or ESB or KOTOR II, no, it's not, don't waste your life.
>>
>>62703806
>since its canon
The majority of canon Star Wars is garbage
>>
>>62703806
>Is this worth viewing since its canon?

Yes. Not "because it's canon", but because it's genuinely a good show. That said, the pilot movie is pretty poor, outside of some good battle sequences.

>Does hayden and ewan voice their own shit?

No. Anakin is voiced by Matt Lanter and Kenobi by James Arnold Taylor.
>>
>its canon

And what are they supposed to say?

>It's non canon crap, but please watch it anyways!

Nobody considers this shit canon.

Prequels will get remade by Disney within 10 years anyways.
>>
I rustles my autism that CW is canon

>Anakin had a padawan
>tons of crazy shit happened no one ever spoke about
>Maul survived and has a brother with the edgiest fucking name ever
>Tons of Sith and Dark Jedi running around
>>
>all these stupid faggots arguing about authenticity of canon
wew lad
>>
>>62703978
The worst for me:
The force is literally represented by two people who ARE the light and dark side on some random ass mythic planet

There's a fucking PLANET where midchlorians COME FROM and you have to go through a fucking jungian ritual to LEARN how to become a force ghost.
>>
File: IMG_0534.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0534.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What are /tv/'s favorite not as mainstream animated movies?
>>
>>62703913
>It's only canon because Disney could still spin a profit off of it

Disney really doesn't make much off TCW, since its distribution rights are held by Time-Warner, and they've largely moved away from making material for the Prequel era and instead are focusing on new material for the OT era (I think the only nuCanon material for the Prequel era was adaptations of storylines meant to be in TCW), to set up for the sequels and side-stories coming over the next few years.
>>
>>62703806
>worth viewing since its canon?

Most of Star Wars canon is not worth viewing. THere's a lot of non canon stuff that is better than 70% of the canon stuff (Like the entire Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight game series, which is better than almost everything except for ANH and ESB)
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (280 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
280 KB, 1600x1200
>>62703913
>KOTOR II
>Not I
>>
>>62704085
They achieved tons of ad revenue when they uploaded the unfinished episodes, and the link between TCW and their new rounded edges CGI series brought in a lot of attention from an established fanbase. If they'd made TCW non-canon Rebels would never have performed as well.
>>
>>62704089
>>62704030
>>62704011
>>62703978
>>62703949
>>62703913
>>62703836
But I really enjoyed the episodes that centred around the life of the clones. That shit was the best, specially the times when some clones leave the war or become traitors. Are you all saying its shit without even watching it all? Or just cause its animated u hate on it? I agree there are some real shitty episodes but its mostly fun
>>
I can't help but have self-insert mary sue fantasies about me being an Inquisitor that was personally trained by Vader.

But I leave the empire and find Ashoka. And she doesn't trust me at first. But we connect. Because the end of her story arc in Clone Wars that she left the Jedi Order because they didn't believe in her. So we both had to leave our respective organizations to find out what it means for ourselves to be a Jedi/Sith.

Also, we were both trained by essentially the same guy! (Anakin/Vader) But she benefitted from his early "Anakin" training, and I benefited from being trained by Vader.

Then the other Inquisitors come after her, but I'm there to help her. Likewise, Rebel friendly Jedi attack me, but she defends me. We learn to trust each other, and it ends with hot fucking sex where I pull on her head tentacles like I'm reigning in the force and eat her little orange asshole out. Bust a fat fucking nut in her pumpkin pussy and we have like two or three autumn colored children and retreat to our own little backwater planet to get away from it all. I be in dat bitch so much my junk looking like nectarines.
>>
>>62704049
Sauce on that temnospondyl?
>>
>>62704241
The problem with humanizing the clones, though, is that it completely changes how you take the Order 66 scene in Ep III. It's intrusive lore-wank. And then I'm supposed to take it as "the clones had personalities, so it was extra tragic!" when it has no actual import because the main OC do not steal character just randomly survives into Rebels. It's the same anticlimactic cop-out bullshit with Ahsoka, where she just happens to disappear and reappear so that Ep III can happen.
>>
>>62703938
>because it's genuinely a good show

Gah, no it's not.

Someone go and find the "you want to watch Clone Wars for continuity but you don't want to watch the epic cache of worthless shit episodes that go along with it" image.

It has a LOT of boring, cringe-worthy filler that is not even remotely worth sitting through. Like most kids' shows.
>>
>>62703913
>I mean, even Empire conflicts with the information given in SW. That line about the father being a good friend was NOT reflecting on Vader
Are you a fucking autist

Anakin Skywalker WAS Obi-Wan's friend, he views Darth Vader as basically being another person entirely. Yes, the twist was pulled out of George's ass, but it doesn't conflict with anything.
>>
>>
>>62703806
Anakin is a better character in the Clone Wars. You can actually sympathize with him at times.

I say watch it, but be aware that you'll encounter a ton of shit before you start seeing anything great.
>>
>>62704329
He smooshed two characters together. It's the least messy way to asspull, but it's still an asspull. Vader, first of all, has a completely different name than Anakin Skywalker. And with the reveal, now it's just a thing in the lore that Sith have Sith names, or that the Sith are even a thing.

It boggles my mind how little of how audiences apprehended things in the original SW showing has persisted. Now everyone watches ANH knowing Vader is the father, now everyone knows what Sith are, that the Emporer was a bureacrat, that anakin was an edgelord, etc.

So much of what made the originals resonate and work on their own as movies has been disfigured.
>>
>>62703938
>>62704241

Clone wars had it's moments, but a gigantic part of it was shit. Also, it's stuck on that weird limbo where it's supposed to be canon, but a shitload of things that should be mentioned in the movies happen, and it's never addressed.

Also, Anakin having a fucking apprentice is fucking absurd. She's a self-insert fanfic character.
>>
>>
>>62704378

Thank you.

Everyone who's curious, just do this.

You have to be an autistic manchild to stand even the slimmest chance of enjoying the rest of the series. It all gets really irrelevant.
>>
>>62704395
>Vader, first of all, has a completely different name than Anakin Skywalker. And with the reveal, now it's just a thing in the lore that Sith have Sith names,
What's the problem with this is desu, it's like Asian warlords and generals taking on different names when important stuff happens
>>
>>62704413
>Youngling Arc
The name alone tells me to avoid it.
Is there an updated one with season 6?
>>
>>62704401
Literally over 90%.
>>
>>62704580
Just watch the Yoda arc.
>>
>>62704192
>They achieved tons of ad revenue when they uploaded the unfinished episodes,

Probably nowhere near as much as you think. A handful of unfinished episodes is really niche viewing material, something that only the diehard of the diehard fans (the kind who spend their days editing articles on tables & chairs on the Wook) would go for.

> and their new rounded edges CGI series brought in a lot of attention from an established fanbase.

It's Star Wars, its fanbase is established with or without TCW.

> If they'd made TCW non-canon Rebels would never have performed as well.

Again, it's Star Wars. Half the fanbase has been locked in for twenty or more years, and bitch about it though they may, removing material from canon doesn't seem to actually affect popularity worth a damn, and with the change in network and simple passage of time, a good portion of the prime demographic (kids) is bound to be new and not particularly know or care about the last series. Rebels could have had no links to TCW at all, be it on the story or production end, and it would have been successful.
>>
File: starwars.gif (1 MB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
starwars.gif
1 MB, 300x247
>>62703806
It has it's moments. Especially the clone-centric episodes. Also, Anakin's not being a whiny cunt all the time.
Rebels, on the other hand, is more kiddy, but overly better.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.