[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the original version of Zootopia a cautionary tale about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Zootopia Concept Art.jpg (281 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
Zootopia Concept Art.jpg
281 KB, 1280x712
Was the original version of Zootopia a cautionary tale about feminism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ooMc0S_aDU
>>
>>69846119
that 2nd one gave me the sads
>>
>>69846119
It had potential to be so profound and meaningful. It could have really made an impact, the idea of pacifying people because theyre seen as inherently violent in order to "benefit society" is extremely relevant culturally, especially in today's society.

Its sad that, instead of challenging people, putting them in a dark world which eventually becomes great over the course of the movie, they instead re-use the tired and old "stereotype" idea to gain mass appeal.

The problem with this new narrative is that it ignores a universal fact, that predators are predatory, and initially seeing the world in zootopia is strange, because the predators are living along side prey, its never addressed, its just assumed they are nice (and apparently dont eat meat?) this is an unrealistic narrative which avoids the concept of realizing one's true nature or accepting one's nature, instead it assumes everyone is equal, everyone is wonder and lives in harmony, the revised version of the movie is a walking contradiction.

this movie, is not CGkino
>>
Is this a new thing, releasing deleted scenes while the movie is in theaters? I noticed they did that with Batman V Superman too, that's interesting.
>>
>>69847946

Holy shit it is dark
Also

> it's a Bear Mitzvah

Kek
>>
>>69848378
Yea the themes of it are really muddled by the forced message of equality and the glaringly obvious reality that predators are predators.

Nick mentions early on that Hopp's perception of everyone getting along is misguided, and yet the movie just steams forward despite that. It would have been interesting to see how the animals all group together according to species, how different species can never have kids together - drive home an idea that different species still draw lines.

Just look at the bit when shes chasing the weasel. She clearly doesnt fit in with the rodent society, but still the movie forces the idea that every one is equally capable?

Disney movies used to accept these differences, but send a message that you can be friends despite them. They usually acknowledged limitations, but enforced the idea that we can make up for them by working together.
>>
>>69849012
Nobody buys discs anymore so this is the only way
>>
>>69846119
its about forcing people to fit into an utopian world.

you can see it to be about communism, feminism, veganism... everything "progressive" really.
>>
>>69846119
Why would marxists ever let a movie that exposes it so blatantly be released without censorship?

The collar thing was such a perfect metaphor for what's being done to us, I'm surprised it even saw the light of youtube.
>>
>>69853138
Capitalism has been by far the most successful ideology in eliminating cultural and political borders and introducing an universal and homogenous identity of the global consumer.
>>
>>69853567
yeah by SUCCESS, not by ideology and force.
>>
>>69853567
Except what you're talking about is really global neoliberal nihilism, not capitalism as such. Of course, as all ideologies, capitalism carries a spark of inhumanity in itself, but when contained (on a scale comprehensible to human beings - such as city-states) there's nothing as horrible as we're witnessing now.
>>
>>69848378
I wouldn't go that far. They make it clear that the biological stereotypes exist for a reason. They aren't just overcoming stereotypes: they're overcoming they're own nature. Now, I do think that message takes a backseat to the stereotype one, but there are reminders all throughout the film that it's true.
>>
>>69853567
The only reason capitalism still exists is because of the drug trade keeps the disenfranchised from unifying into a revolutionary force.
>>
>>69853704
>there's nothing as horrible as we're witnessing now

Yeah, nice bro-history and bro-politics of /pol/.
>>
>>69853704
>there's nothing as horrible as we're witnessing now.

t. every poltico of every era
>>
File: ewes.jpg (551 KB, 1001x1077) Image search: [Google]
ewes.jpg
551 KB, 1001x1077
>Intelligent outgroup with a grudge and a persecution complex forms a shadowy ethnic cabal to seize power via social engineering, terrorism and propaganda
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.