[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just finished this turns out that memes: the show was the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: mr-robot.jpg (178 KB, 591x595) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot.jpg
178 KB, 591x595
just finished this
turns out that memes: the show was the best series of 2015
at least up until episode 8 desu, not a huge fan of the fight club 'i am dad' twist, but at least we got some more cool hallucinations out of it
>>
>>62700237
>'i am dad' twist
That wasn't supposed to be a twist, at least not to the audience.
>>
>>62700292
yeah, even though it's not really meant to be, it functions as a good enough red herring to make the sister twist hit you a lot harder than it would've otherwise.
>>
>>62700292
I liked how there were three twists built into it and how the show lets you think you were smart for working out the first one(who Mr Robot actually is) and that you are clever for working out the second twist(their relationship to each other) that you don't expect the third twist("Who do you think I am? Did you forget again?"). It worked on the assumption that we were looking for a twist and knew that when you think you know the twist then it isn't as much fun with the reveal later so when it breaks you are actually caught by surprise.
That last one was really great, because it makes sense looking back on it, how those two were close in the Prison Break episode, how she and Angela knew each other somehow and how she was in contact with him outside of the arcade.
>>
File: 895909057.webm (292 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
895909057.webm
292 KB, 720x404
You missed me /tv/?
>>
File: 1440122684466.webm (399 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1440122684466.webm
399 KB, 720x404
Daily reminder - Joanna is the best waifu.
>>
>>62701033
Alright I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out where I've seen this chick, what shows/movies? Just tell me.
>>
>>62701273

I'm sorry sir, we stopped spoonfeeding after 12pm
>>
File: 1447209740612.gif (613 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1447209740612.gif
613 KB, 500x275
>>62701296
Fucking tell me. Now. I don't like image searching or imdb'ing.
>>
>>62701296
Nevermind. Figured it out. The Russian model from Hello Ladies.
>>
>>62701273
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4066934/

Maybe you saw her in Hello Ladies? She's been in literally 8 shows.

Also what are the odds that season two has Tyrell brining out the encryption key for the Evilcrop virus and saving the company?
F-Society destroyed the data by encrypting it with an impossible to solve self-deleting key, if he has it(and he went missing in the final episode so he might be floating around somewhere in hiding while Elliot has no memory of things) then season two would be him trying to get back into Evilcorp.

Also I loved that giant clubhouse at the end of the last episode with the 1%ers in it.
>>
>>62701389
>1%ers

the 1% of the 1%
>>
>>62700237

The creator of the show practically claimed that the real story started in season 2 and season 1 was foundation. If that's even remotely true and it keeps even a fraction of the quality from season 1... I can see this show being a beast and possibly nudging USA towards AMC status on series rights.
>>
>>62701389
Inb4 the Chinese are going to buy E-Corp now that it's on sale with White Rose being at the clubhouse. The whole hack was a plot to buy E-Corp cheap.
>>
>>62700237
I planned to watch episode 8 last night, but the whole twisting of the plot and the whole nature of the show got me watching all of the remaining episodes in a row, even though I planned to spread it over a couple of days. Well, I guess I can rewatch now or something ;_;
>>
> the fight club 'i am dad' twist
what does Mr roboman being Elliot's dad twist have to do with fight club?
>>
>>62701590
it has some interesting hidden shit in it

Like how you can tell Mr.robot isn't real in the first 5 minutes of the first episode, when he opens the door to Angela's party right as Elliot decides to enter.
>>
>>62701604
He's the same person as Elliot and Elliot didn't realise it.
>>
>>62701680
That wasn't a twist, Robot being his dad was the twist, us finding out he was dead and imaginary was intentionally obvious, he even says "you knew all along" when Elliot figures it out.
>>
>>62701389
>>62701539
I also liked that they used that one piece of Eyes Wide Shut for the clubhouse scene, nice addition.
>>
>>62700237
Really? Episode 8? I really struggled through the middle of this show. It was really starting to piss me off. That whole prison arc was so ridiculous. I just trudged through the end of it wanting it to be over.

>>62700485
I had already heard the Fight Club thing before I watched this, but I didn't even really put it together or predict any of it. I was still confused as to what the implications of all that were. but then like I said, I was a bit uninvested by that point.

BTW, did anyone else think it strange that the crowd disappeared at the end when he wanted to be alone? Did anyone think it wasn't that he deluded himself into thinking he was alone, but instead that he created all those people? I started getting really existential at that point and started thinking that it went a lot deeper than a superficial interpretation of what we were told. Not just "alone in a crowd", but there being no other living creatures around. A lonely, crazy god, pretending they are mortal, pretending they are separate, pretending they are one of many. I wonder if under that theory if the two sinister people talking at the end are separate beings or just more tiers of delusion.

>>62701761
I'm thinking of a different song.
I fucking hated that synth version of the song during the chaotic office scene in the last episode. What the fuck were they trying to express with that? It really brought me out of the whole moment. Maybe it was supposed to sound cheesy.
>>
>>62702841
>I fucking hated that synth version of the song during the chaotic office scene in the last episode.
it was another Kubrick callback to Clockwork Orange. If you see something idiosyncratic, chances are it's some sort of reference.
>>
>>62702841
>What the fuck were they trying to express with that?

Imo it fit the moment quite well; it's as if they're all weirdly waltzing.

Btw the scene shows capitalism blowing up, and the piece was written by Shostakovich, the most famous Soviet composer, so maybe there's a bit of symbolism in that.
>>
>...and Estonia
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.