[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>___kino stop that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1426870580632.png (54 KB, 749x434) Image search: [Google]
1426870580632.png
54 KB, 749x434
>___kino

stop that
>>
>>69805373
Worse than the 2 weeks fags tried to force the Pest meme
>>
'kino' is a much better word for the more relevant moving image work coming out than 'film' or 'movies', and contains the wider context of the medium as it's encompassing other media now

and don't forget, most movies/films are shit now - the best 'films' (that are more aptly described as kino) are more about aesthetic experiences (as Refn just said in that Cannes talk), and its reception is shifting to a wider array of mediums. the theater is still a relevant context to view kino, widescreen monitors too, but laptops, streams, smartphone devices, gifs, webms, (digital) video art/moving image, music video, animation, etc. encompass kino

for this sense, kino is a much better term to allude to time-based, 'moving image' media, done for the sake of A E S T H E T I C values (the shift moves from narrative to image/sound because of the ease of image-sharing on the internet).

think of all relevant film, online content... it's about aesthetics. everything lame is about text and message and the sociopolitical.

we're in the age of kino
>>
File: 1461147203429.jpg (458 KB, 1254x1138) Image search: [Google]
1461147203429.jpg
458 KB, 1254x1138
>>69805373
Correct term is Kinography
>>
File: whiplash.jpg (35 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
whiplash.jpg
35 KB, 320x240
describe the difference between the following terms

>movie or moving/motion picture
>film
>kino
>show
>video
>flick
>cinèma

how patrician are you, /tv/?
is anyone here up to the challenge?
>>
>>69805373
It has already started to peter out: >>69805546
>>
>>69805938
There's literally no difference.
>>
>>69805938
I have a somewhat perverse definition of kino myself that includes the best art cinema and experimental films, along with the more aesthetic video art and animation, but then also includes the more gonzo spectacular blockbuster trash at its most vivid and hyperreal, along with the most inspired moving-image memes, youtube fuckery, and videogames on steroids
>>
>>69806027
and also vivid 'genre' film like Hitchcock/DePalma/giallo, and most trash / xploitation films that get really aesthetic
>>
>>69805970
it wasn't memekino, it was gonna die
>>
>>69806100
I feel like before the end, everything is going to arrive at basically 'memekino'
>>
>>69806015
Spot the pleb.
>>
>>69805874
Wow you actually found a map of autism.
>>
>>69806177
Ok.

You.
>>
>>69805874
>pacific rim
>>
>>69807234
I would actually put Pacific Rim in as kino for sure. John Carpenter movies too. And early James Cameron. And Verhoeven.

And Mililus's Conan the Barbarian.
>>
>>69805938
>translating a word into a different language to sound more sophisticated is a phenotype of a plebeian
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.