[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Max: Fury Road
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14
Convince me that this was feminist propoganda
>>
It's not, feminists hyped it to make people think it is. It's less anti-patriarchy and more anti-war and anti-tyranny.
>>
>>69728769

Reddit likes it
>>
>>69728769
Are you retarded OP? This was settled a year ago.

There's even a stronger connection to this filming having a "moby-dick" theme than having a feminism theme.
>I had this notion that the truck itself was an allegory for "Moby Dick." If you think about this a little bit, we saw Immortan Joe — the leader of the war party — as [Captain] Ahab. He's hellbent on killing the great white whale — the War Rig.

>We wanted to personify it as this giant, growling, breathing, roaring beast. It had to be grounded in reality, but we wanted it to be more than that, so we designed whale sounds to play underneath all those truck sounds to embody the real sounds and to personify it.

>And to further that storytelling aspect, the "Moby Dick" aspect, at the end of the movie they're shooting harpoons at it. We already have the visual metaphors to support this allegory. Every time it was struck with a harpoon, you hear these deep whale-like groans to say that it has been hurt and wounded. It's not just the sound of metal into metal. When the harpoons do pierce the War Rig and the milk sprays out, we use the sounds of whale blowholes.

Try finding as many connections to feminism as this. Pro-tip: U can't
>>
>>69728769
It was a Rorschach test, you see what you want.
>>
Charlize's plot armor
>>
>>69729228
what about max's plot armor?
>>
>>69729228
You mean the character that would have died if not for the male lead's knowledge, skill, and sacrifice?
>>
>>69728769
did you ever wonder why the old women gang had only women? They represented the matriarchy. When Immortan Joe died, the matriarchy took over from the Patriarchy.

If the idea was that the matriarchy would somehow be better than the patriarchy, they failed at showing it.

To qualify as feminist "propaganda", they'd have to actually sell the idea of women ruling being better than men. All they did was destroy the infrastructure the patriarchy created, and the logical conclusion would be that they pretty much fucked themselves and doomed the society.
>>
It wasn't, it was actually a well done movie with a lot of love put into it. Charlize played Furiosa perfectly and if you didn't expect her to be a bad bitch recognize the context she's coming from. She is the military leader of an all male army of crazy people in the post apocalypse so of course she's going to be good at what she does. It's established that for most of the movie Max is running on animal instinct (survive) and is suffering severe PTSD so it's no surprise that he didn't talk much because he is literally an animal until he takes his muzzle off and gets his jacket back (restoring his humanity). You can see Max regain his humanity when he stops them on the salt flats, animal Max would have just let them go
Also the parallels to Moby Dick
>>
>>69729320
Do you honestly think Joe created the well? He stole it from a bunch of non-crazy, non-tyrannical survivors who probably had actual knowledge of engineering and geology.
>>
>>69728769
>>69728769

HOW?

The bitches were practically begging to suck Max's dick at the end. Even Furiosa. They made it seem like the Wymenz knew what they were doing but got shown reality in a quick devastating fashion and in comes the oppressive patriarch in Max who actually becomes their savior in the end.

Come on man, at the end they were begging him to be new Immortan and breed with them.

Immortan and Guitar guy also made the film fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DcqnkzGEFQ
>>
>>69729356
Joe did steal the well, but he also made sure to ration it as it was a limited source of water. The movie indicated that they were going to go crazy with the water, to show how good samaritans they were, as if it was some kind of fairy tale. The water was rationed for a reason, being a limited resource, not because Joe wanted to assert his dominance.
>>
>>69729352
Movie is called Mad max though, and he's not really the main character of focus or of real interest or anything really.

If you were to remove Max, the movie would still function all the same, because it's literally Driving from Point A to Point B then the Point A again. Kill Main villain in the process and become big boss. None of those plot elements have anything to do with Max.
>>
>>69729443
Letting most of it get absorbed into the incredibly dry ground by simply pouring it down a cliff for the beggars to catch with fucking buckets is not rationing. Rationing implies controlled, measured units. Joe was a fucking dick.
>>
>>69729356
>He stole it from a bunch of non-crazy, non-tyrannical survivors

Nope. He liberated it from people hoarding it, who were fine with letting everyone else die in the desert of thirst. That's the official lore from the comics.
>>
>Immortan Joe has one of the only functional states in the wasteland
>lol lets release all the water

What I always wondered is what happens when Gas Town and the Bullet Farm catch wind of what has happened
>>
>>69728769
>Convince me that this was feminist propoganda

if you think it is you haven't seen REAL feminist propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVY2KwagyGE
>>
>immortan gives furiosa everything she could have for a crippled infertile woman
>she kills an entire party of good men
>warboy literally asks "what have you done"
>needs max to survive
>needs nux to survive
>max saves furiosa by distracting the 9 foot tall gorilla retard long enough for 2 people to kill immortan, a dying old shit
>>
>>69729443
Joe used giving out the water to assert his dominance though. He even built a huge ceremony around it.
Rationing the water was reasonable though.
>>
>>69729485
Max stops Nux from stopping the War Rig in the storm
Max saves Furiosa's ass at the passage
Max takes out the Bullet Farmer singlehandedly
Max convinces them to return rather than face certain death out on the salt flats
Max is the only one with enough knowledge to give Furiosa his blood

They would have failed within the first act if not for Max.
>>
>>69729485

that's the case of the first 3 too though
>>
>>69729443
>>69729553
>pouring water on the ground
>rationing
>>
I went into the movie actively seeking feminist agenda to point out, but I still couldn't find any. The only thing /tv/ was right about was that Max wasn't the main character, which was pretty shitty yes, but the movie was still fucking great.
>>
>>69729538
>why because she's just a girl?
he never even implied that
fuck this shit
>>
>>69729485
Mad Max is the universe. And he wasn't out of the spotlight, he was sharing it. And count the number of times Max saves the entire crew in the movie, he puts in more work than Furiosa
>>
>>69729563
All of those could be done with some other nobody. Max doesn't have a definable character.
>>
>when that Warboy looks at Furiosa and shouts "What have you done?"

The look on his face man they really sold her betrayal well
>>
>>69729491
Yes, much better to just let it flow like it was a never ending waterfall, like the women did, into the same dry earth you just described.

Rationing means releasing in limited quantities to preserve a limited resource as long as possible. By definition, it was rationing. Could it have been more efficient? Sure, but that would require Joe to build infrastructure to make it less wasteful, something the women didn't do either.
>>
>>69729553
Keeping people content and alive was the primary goal. Keeping them in line was just a bonus.
>>
File: 1463479437048.jpg (14 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1463479437048.jpg
14 KB, 238x192
It's not, it's alt right retards trying to start battles over nothing.

Mad Max has always been my favourite series next to Dollars trilogy and this one fits in pretty well imo. Mad about women characters? I don't know why really. They were interesting and didn't feel forced or like it was trying to convey a message other than "sex slavery is wrong" which I mean... yeah? Obviously. Besides /r9k/ or ISIS I don't know anyone who would have a problem

Pissed about Max's role in the story? Why? He has more lines of dialogue in this one than he does in number 2 funny enough. Max is basically like Clint Eastwood or Alan Ladd in western movies; doesn't say much and just drifts from place to place and reluctantly gets caught up in struggles bigger than himself. It's a hallmark of the franchise. Never once does Charlize Theron prove to be more capable or stronger than Max. They are shown to be equals in most regards.

The movie was fine
>>
>>69729771
>>
>>69729807
I just watched it two days ago, you edited all the parts out where he kicks her ass too. They are shown to be equals, not one better than the other.

In some ways Max is depicted as stronger than Furiousa in terms of handling his emotional stress. Fuck off with your knee jerk cherry picking
>>
>>69729807
you're pathetic. that fight literally ends with Max on top of her
>>
>>69729920
You're conveniently forgetting the part where the only thing that saves Max from getting his head blown off by a shotgun is the rounds being shit. She legit pulls the trigger too
>>
>>69730007
Wasn't the shotgun broken and out of ammo?
>>
>>69730064
Yeah and that's the only thing that saved him
>>
>>69729879
>They are shown to be equals

the 100 lbs woman is equal in strength to the 250 lbs man? Thanks feminism.
>>
>>69730084
yeah and Miller wrote that in
>>
>>69730114
Max was chained to another guy and had lost a lot of blood
>>
>>69730163
yet she manages to lift him off the ground in a tackle, with enough force to pull the guy chained to max with them.
>>
>>69730084
He was dehydrated and had lost tonnes of blood as well.
>>
>>69730114

>we got a good fight scene instead of Max winning instantly without any action at all

FUCKING THANKS A LOT TUMBLR CUNTS RUINING EVRYTHING REEEEEE
>>
>>69730233
you must be really weak
>>
>>69730114
>Tom Hardy
>250

Lol
>>
>>69728769
>movie comes out
>30 fucking threads in the catalog at all times
>3 months later
>no one even remembers this flick exists
>>
File: 1463195842930.jpg (173 KB, 999x1300) Image search: [Google]
1463195842930.jpg
173 KB, 999x1300
>>69730215
Furiousa was a post apocalyptic champion for a neo-viking warlord. I'd expect her to be pretty strong

Admit it, the real reason you're pissed is because a woman is shown to not be a wimp on screen. You can suspend your disbelief for everything else but can't for a woman lifting up a weakened dude who just survived being tossed around inside of a tornado
>>
>>69730266
And you must have been neither of those 2 things in your life. He's pretty slow in that scene and lacking any real precision. It's hardly surprising that furiosa got the upper hand.
>>
>>69730215
you're saying you couldn't have?
you're either really weak or don't understand physics
>>
>>69730330
sorry pham i clicked your post by mistake
>>
>>69730342
you're the one with no understanding of physics, lardass
>>
File: image.gif (1013 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1013 KB, 500x207
Will you faggots fuck off with this tumblr shit. There's a reason the cuck meme came from here. /tv/ is cucked by Reddit normies and feminism. If you watched this scene and don't think of Furiosa as a Mary Sue you are delusional beyond anything anyone can help with.
>>
>>69730436
If Furiosa was a man, no one would be complaining
>>
>>69730436
>max then goes on to destroy an armored car with nothing but a kukri and a gas can

Fuck off
>>
>>69730326
He is just butthurt women will never give him attention
>>
>>69730436

Some of us have had enough exposure to real life that we don't sit down to watch a movie and see nothing but a scrolling jumble of shitty internet buzzwords

>TUMBLRMARYSUEWTFKEKKEKKEKREDDITFEMINAZIS
>continue for two hours
>roll credits
>>
>>69730384
top rebuttle
>>
>>69729033
That might be the most retarded thing I've ever read.
>>
>>69730163
Not to mention he probably hadn't slept in days and had been in two insanely violent car crashes in the last two days that both probably gave him concussions.
>>
>>69730271
He's a big guy.
>>
File: top kek senpai.png (1 MB, 1135x605) Image search: [Google]
top kek senpai.png
1 MB, 1135x605
I love how this movie managed to piss off both sides of the SJW war and still managed to be good. It takes me back to Australian funposting days on /sp/ pre flags
>>
File: 1431456353261.png (1 MB, 1378x1261) Image search: [Google]
1431456353261.png
1 MB, 1378x1261
>>69728769
>>
>>69731173
>he reads entertainment "journalism"
kek, real journalism has been dead for over a decade. it's just glorified blogging now. are we supposed to buy into everything some retard with a wordpress account says?
>>
Shut the fuck up Kyle
>>
>>69728769
It wasn't particularly feminist or SJW, more like an 80's throwback to decent strong female characters.

I honestly believe Disney paid off MRA sites to make a fuss about this film sight unseen to a) fuck with WB, and b) make sure TFA didn't suffer similar criticism. TFA is literally everything they said Mad Max would be.
>>
>>69730436

Its instantly feminist propaganda because she is a better shot than max?

Try harder.
>>
>>69728769
Cucks like you liked it
>>
>>69728769
Fun fact i saw that big ass guy at my supermarket pushing a trolley it was fucking hilarious
>>
>>69731340

are you so fucking stupid that you think you need to give an mra site money to get them to complain about something involving women?
>>
>>69731380
Crashing this cart...with no survivors!
>>
File: 1459981598051.jpg (478 KB, 1368x1500) Image search: [Google]
1459981598051.jpg
478 KB, 1368x1500
>>
>>69731392
Why didn't they complain about Star Wars then? The worst, most illogical plot-armoured grrrl power female lead in years and complete radio silence.
>>
>>69731460
Because they were paid off to NOT talk about it. No payment was necessary to make them talk about Mad Max.
>>
>>69729688
The other way around.
>>
>>69730084
>>69730117
Its a thing with Max's weapons, the guns when needed in important moments either jams or powder's fucked.
>>
>>69731380
Did you know he was the most wanted man in australia at one time and did like 7 years in prison for armed robbery? Good thing you didn't laugh in his face.
>>
>>69730436
You're actually fucking retarded
>phone poster
Yeah checks out.
>>
>The setting is a post apocalyptic wasteland and if you can't handle yourself, you die
>People act like it's wierd that a woman is capable of doing shit
Not to mention that the whole movie is
>Women being emotional and a man tells them to that their plan is dumb and comes up with a better and logical one and saves the day
>>
>>69731012

FOR
>>
File: 688924_orig.jpg (407 KB, 960x382) Image search: [Google]
688924_orig.jpg
407 KB, 960x382
>Bad guy is literally the patriarchy, who is so oppressive that he literally MILKS women

>Good female tribe seen as victims, one of them even makes a misandric remark

>Fucking bald dike as heroin.

>vagina monologues author on the fucking set to talk about rape with the actresses

>"who killed the world"

>and of course all the anti-religion vibe throughout, with the bad guy who will free himself from it thanks to redhead bitch

But nooo of course, it was NOT AT ALL feminist nor a liberal shitfest...

The amount of hypocrisy and/or bullshit on here coming from the milleninals and men babies defending their orange and blue car chase is incredible....

The only true new Mad Max... is the video game, no SJW pandering in it.
>>
I'm so bored of reading about feminist and anti-feminist shit on the web. It's fucking everywhere like a cancer with loud tards from both extremes spewing nonsense.
>>
>seed mothers fuck up topsoil with incompetence
>old dykes use attractive follower to lure out men to loot
>when they come into power they dump all the water to be nicey nice muh heroes
>mad furiosa would have stupidly kept driving and got everyone killed if not for Max

was george taking the piss?
>>
>>69729538
Why do people watch this cringey fucking capeshit?
>>
>>69728769
stronk wymen can't do anything without men
>>
>>69734024
>Bad guy is literally the patriarchy, who is so oppressive that he literally MILKS women
So showing a strong male patrician antagonist is bad now? You must really hate older movies then.
>Good female tribe seen as victims, one of them even makes a misandric remark
Pretty sure they all get their shit wrecked on screen
>Fucking bald dike as heroin.
Why would a neoviking warlord not have a strong leader? Do you really think that a strong woman in that setting would look like a supermodel? Its like you are forgetting that Ripley was no catch herself
>vagina monologues author on the fucking set to talk about rape with the actresses
Who.Cares.
>"who killed the world"
If you are implying that male leaders werent responsible for destroying the planet than you are saying that you think women were at that point the majority of the worlds leaders. Have fun defending that.

>and of course all the anti-religion vibe throughout, with the bad guy who will free himself from it thanks to redhead bitch
So fighting evil cult is now liberal whining? Dude evil cults have been classic bad guy material for years, its only recently you nerds starting crying about them.
Not one of your rambling and whiny claims seems to hold any merit at all.
>>
>>69728890
that's exactly what it makes it a shitty film. war and tiranny are the traits of the superior white men.
you sound like a bitch and i am a white 7,2 muscular big dicked badass with a harem of hot fertile young bitches and billions in my bank account. i also regularly stompo on nigger and spic and other various sub-human shit refuse.
god it feels good to be non-subhuman.
t.first world fantasist
>>
>>69729485
Except Max still has a functioning character arc you moronic buffoon. The story is still fucking about him. He overcomes his burnt out, jaded cynicism and decides to selflessly help those he doesn't know (same arc from the 2nd and 3rd film lol) Just admit you scared of vagina ladies being in your movies dude
>>
File: tumblr_nod3u0FHYO1svgb0ro8_400.gif (2 MB, 268x230) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nod3u0FHYO1svgb0ro8_400.gif
2 MB, 268x230
>>69734648
>So showing a strong male patrician antagonist is bad now? You must really hate older movies then.
its bad because its sex war, you fuck, thats the point, hes a patrician and hes the bad guy, whereas the majority of good guys have a vagina !

>Pretty sure they all get their shit wrecked on screen
Annnnd ??? it just shows how cruel and violent men are, again thats the point, but of course heroine dyke is so powerful she'll ne able to kill patriarchy.

The fucking ending has literally women (and an african of course) rising up to power after evil patriarch reign has been ended...

>If you are implying that male leaders werent responsible for destroying the planet than you are saying that you think women were at that point the majority of the worlds leaders. Have fun defending that.
Ok so you're admitting you're a feminist, thank you. Male leaders were leaders, they made evil, and all the good and beautiful things too, reddit cuck.
>>
>>69730436
I can't wait for this expert, rail-thin white girl meme to die.
>>
It does have an agenda to it, but it's much more fun to pretend it doesn't and butt blast /tv/ . Stay mad
>>
>>69735290

>it's fun to pretend to be retarded

Okay.
>>
>>69733764
Holy fuck i didn't know that. I thought he just did hilarious wwe bits
>>
>>69728769

Immortan Joe was right.
>>
>>69734648

>implying who killed the world wasn't about all warlords and power hungry people over male leaders

cmon man
>>
>>69729807
And in the end the girls all realize that they need Max in order to succeed but only after Furiosa breaks down and cries at her own failure.

How the fuck is that a feminist movie?
>>
Is every movie about men doing cool thing masculine propaganda?
>>
They had a Modern Feminist on set as a counselor and in a producing roll. Before and after all the scenes they filmed they would ask for her approval if it met her feminist standards.

>"i is is this ok?"
>>
>>69738454
All movies are propaganda.
Welcome to 2016.
>>
Shit movie either way
>>
>>69739153
Why are you stupid?
>>
File: 1461032662271.png (37 KB, 1127x685) Image search: [Google]
1461032662271.png
37 KB, 1127x685
>>69739230
That is one question I cannot answer anon. However this movie did not, as they say, tickle my fancy
>>
>>69739290
At least you are honest with yourself
>>
>>69739290
Didn't expect a feelsome pepe. Sorry, friendo. The internet is a tough place, even for big guys
>>
>>69730436
I was on a marksmanship team and women usually outshot men on average. It took me all 4 years through High School to actually get good enough to beat some of them.
>>
>>69729228
>Charlize's plot armor
>gets saved by Max a gazillion times
Uhh...is Max considered plot armor now?
>>
File: 1460923530728.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
1460923530728.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1356
>>69730436
Furiosa was a driver and a marksman, she's more precise. Max is resourceful and more of a beserker. She could shoot out the tank's spotlight but he destroyed it with a can of gas and a piece of string. Pretty much the only thing Furiosa does is drive the War Rig and occasionally shoot. Compare that to what we see Max doing. He's a fucking beast.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.