[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't like the tone. It should've been more like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
File: ash-vs-evil-dead-03.jpg (317 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
ash-vs-evil-dead-03.jpg
317 KB, 800x1000
I don't like the tone. It should've been more like Evil Dead 2 and less like Army of Darkness, it's too much comedy. The music feels completely out of place.
>>
Good thing you have no control over the show then
>>
And that's why this show will fail
>>
>>62673570
>>62673661

You guys are right. The show will fail because it's based on the most popular movie of the trilogy. They should have definitely based it on Evil Dead 2, which gets the majority of recognition due to Army of Darkness' popularity.

>b...b..but I always thought Evil Dead 2 was better

Bullshit. My dad raised me on this series and literally no one praised that movie until years after Maddox wrote that Army of Darkness article and the series was accepted by college kids.
>>
>>62674774
Not everyone is underage here. Evil Dead 2 was always my favorite.
>>
>>62675006
ED2 is my favourite too.

The show would be terrible if they made it more akin to it though.
>>
>>62673570
I'm not underage either. I just know evil dead 2 had 0 fucking following until Army of Darkness blew up. That being said, I enjoyed evil dead 2 more as well. It's just revisionist for most people because most of its fans hadn't even heard of the series until the mid 00s.
>>
>>62675081
meant for
>>62675006
>>
>>62674774
>>62675006
>>62675064
>>62675081
I thought everyone knew Evil Dead 2 was better?
>>
>>62673570

ed2>ed>aod

le epic maymay slapstick so funnee evil dead is shit
>>
>>62673570
>it's too much comedy
That's what Ash is all about.
>>
File: quentindance1[1].gif (1 MB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
quentindance1[1].gif
1 MB, 560x315
>>62675450
>le epic maymay so funnee
>>
>>62674774
I was brought up on ED too in the 90s and our favorite is Army
>>
non-american here. Army of Darkness was actually popular?
>>
>>62675498
Army of Darkness is the most popular of the original trilogy.
>>
>>62675498
Not Indiana Jones-popular but yeah, pretty popular.
>>
Hi

ED>AOD>ED2

That is all
>>
>>62675540
>that one pleb who thinks his opinions matter
lmaoo
>>
>>62675520
That's what Army of Darkness faggots want to believe.
>>
>>62675562
Popular doesn't mean better. EDII is the best film. Army of Darkness is the most well known.
>>
>>62675592
That's a bit of a shock, it definitely had the biggest budget but I wouldn't have thought it would have the most recognition.
>>
ED2 was a good '80s horror movie, but most fans fell in love with the character, not the horror, and Ash's character development from pussy boy to iconic macho man started in ED2 but wasn't complete until AoD came along.
>>
I hate Army Of Darkness. One of the cornerstones of the "fedoracore" genre.
>>
>>62675736
>retard fell for the fedoracore meme
>>
>>62673570
>cg bullshit
this was my main gripe. also the sidekicks are terrible
>>
>>62675621
Most people agree ED2 is better, but most people would never have found out about ED2 if it wasn't for Army of Darkness. Up until the past few years, a lot of people had seen Army of Darkness and not even known it was part of the Evil Dead series. Maddox wrote an article sometime in the early 00s (when he was the only person people read on the internet back then) that was largely responsible for Evil Dead's rebirth of popularity, and it was centered around Army of Darkness.
>>
>>62675736
>not liking something based on an ebin internet meem
>sheathes katana
>tips dramatically
pick 3 anon
>>
File: pennywise.jpg (158 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
pennywise.jpg
158 KB, 1440x900
All the bitter, lazy autism ITT
>>
Underage b&: the thread
>>
>>62675755
I am one of the greatest forces on this board in terms of legitimazing fedoracore "meme". The only people here who don't recognize it as valid cinematic language are those with the video game sensibility. Army of Darkness is one giant hot pocket.
>>
ED2 > AoD > shit > ED
>>
The original Evil Dead is a horror classic that most from the genre pull ideas and influences from.

Considering how it was made (low budget, made by college kids) i think it's a cinema masterpiece and easily one of the best horrors ever.

Haven't seen the new show yet tho
>>
>>62675854
Were you trying to sound as euphoric as possible?
>>
>>62675736
*unsheaths boomstick* What did you say about Army of Darkness?
>>
>>62675934
>at this moment...
>>
File: true_story.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
true_story.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
What's the point of this blatant lie?
>>
>>62676913
so autistic people can make shit bait and retards can make confused threads about it.
>>
I don't even remember where I heard about Evil Dead. I just remember going to rent horror movies and saw one titled "The Demon's Death" (brazilian here)
I thought it was a funny title and that cover is iconic, so I rented the first one, the second one I can't remember where I watched it but Army of Darkness I rented after learning about it on the internet, never liked it as much as the other two. Maybe it's one of those cases where it depends on which movie you saw first
>>
>>62673570

Go watch the Walking Dead then faggot
>>
>>62676913
It does a few things, like the original did. It opens the viewer to the possibility of crazy things like this happening in the world, particularly in sleepy towns. It offers the idea that it is in fact a lie, and how easy it is to perpetrate such a lie. It puts into your head the idea that things like this can and do really happen.

Why do watch anything at all if something so simple needs to be spoonfed to you? Stick with Transformers, kiddo.
>>
>>62676913
The Jew Bros originally did it so they could get away with writing what ever they wanted to.
>>
>>62675481
Quentin done an Uno Farto, look at James sniff...
>>
>>62673570
AOD was always my favorite, I also like this. its walking the razor edge of being terrible thou. It'll find its groove thou.
>>
>>62673570
yeah except it looks more like Evil dead 2 than anything else. The perfect blend between horror and comedy.

>>62674774
Kek @ army of darkness being most popular movie. Evil dead 2 is well regarded as the best of the series
>>
>>62677226
Atleast my country (Belgium) used to show horror movies back in the early 2000's. That's when i saw The Evil dead and soon after evil dead 2.They never showed Army of Darkness though. Now we don't even get a horror movie at halloween. This halloween it was Transformers 2 and Real Steel. Fuck post 2010
>>
Always felt 2 was a bit overrated and overhyped. Army has always been my personal fave and not in a gay contrary way either I just love the sword and scoercy angle.
>>
>>62673570
yo
>>
>>62673570
but ED2 was full of comedy, the only serious ED was the first one
>>
>>62678767
Transformers 2 is pretty horrific, bro.
>>
>>62675006
>>62675064
Ditto. I remember first watching it as a New Rental from Blockbuster. Me, my best friend, his older sister which was a lot like Jane from Daria, and two of her friends all piled on a couch watching it in the dark and fucking with each other.
>>
Army of Darkness is my favourite but I always considered that a contrarian opinion.
>>
>>62678857
True, but the comedy had a different tone from Army of Darkness and Ash vs ED. It was more subtle, not as goofy.
>>
>>62673570
I love the tone. It's Army of Darkness comedy mixed with the gratuitous gore of The Evil Dead. What more could you ask for?
>>
>>62678767
same here, we used to have horror movies every saturday night followed by softcore exploitation like those Emanuelle movies, now we have nothing
>>
>>62675450
>le epic maymay slapstick so funnee evil dead is shit
>still thinks ED2 is better than TED

Oh wow.
>>
>>62679038
There is absolutely nothing subtle about AoD.
>>
>>62679593
I was talking about ED2 there
>>
ED2 is the worst. ED and army of darkness are the best and this show is pretty much that. haters deal with it
>>
I liked all three films, I never thought there was this big of a fanbase split
>>
This is just ED2 with a more comedic element, just because of that it doesn't make it more closer to AOD. There was like no gore in AOD, none.

Besides the show is better than any of the three movies anyway
>>
I don't know I love the show and EDII was my favorite. You don't like Space Truckin bro?
>>
>>62673570
No. AOD tone is why everyone likes Bruce.
>>
Let me explain the AOD tone that people are talking about.

Army of Darkness blew me away. It was the first movie that I had ever seen that didn't try to portray itself as an academy award-winning gift from a living god director.

I was watching a movie that didn't take itself seriously. I was watching a movie that didn't give a shit about changing my life or masturbating a director's ego. I was watching a movie that gave the audience a good time and dropped all sense of pretension.

And that "tone" is why the series is going to always have a fan base. Bruce Campbell doesn't have a fan base because he's the best actor in the world. He has a fan base because he relates to the fans and attempts to be "in touch" with his fan base.

The AOD tone is the best decision that they could make.
>>
>>62674774
Never really dug army of darkness desu senpai
>>
>>62682343
I think there was a little gore in the beginning, after he killed the witch in the pit. But other than that, it was a bunch of skeletons and a mini-ash, not a whole lot of room for gore. Could have been a budget thing, idk.
>>
Is Army of Darkness part of the backstory on the show?
>>
>>62679038
>not as goofy
>there's a part where all the furniture starts laughing
>>
>>62673570
>complains about the tone of the best show on TV.
Total faggot detected.
>>
>>62685977
I believe they're not allowed legally to reference it (or maybe they are) but it seems to exist in that sort of gray area. So assume yes until otherwise stated.
>>
>>62675540
What about the reboot film?
>>
>it's too much comedy
He's a geriatric old man. No shit. This series has always been about comedy. Evil Dead 2 was the funniest in the series, AoD was just the most adventurous.

>The music feels completely out of place.

Deep Purple is awesome desu. Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>62675779
>Maddox wrote an article sometime in the early 00s (when he was the only person people read on the internet back then) that was largely responsible for Evil Dead's rebirth of popularity

Dude, where the fuck are you getting this misconception?

It's like you didn't know about Evil Dead until Maddox mentioned it, then started taking notice whenever it came up in conversation or pop culture and began attributing it's "sudden" popularity to the same source.

I promise you, Maddox had nothing to do with the apparent resurgence of something that has literally always been more popular than his website.
>>
>>62679177
BIG
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.