[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some holiday advice, kindof. I was thinking about taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: mfw.jpg (80 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
80 KB, 400x480
I need some holiday advice, kindof.
I was thinking about taking my partner on a holiday for a week or so to a place in Brisbane in about a month and a half, but we broke up recently and I kind of still want to go but I feel weird going myself. Nobody I know can go, and the few that could I don't talk to anymore
> 2015 was the year for losing friends
I don't like going to pubs and clubs alone, and I feel like I would maybe see the city and do some shopping one day, then just sit in the hotel room bored getting stoned, drunk and ordering room service for the rest. That kinda just seems like a massive waste of time and money.
> the month and a half thing is because of some super stressful shit I'm going through at the moment with houses and money and bullshit so I really need a frickin holiday soon before that gets mentioned.
Is it weird to go on a holiday alone?
If not, wtf is there to do by yourself?
Ausfag btw, can't afford to do what I really want so I'm stuck going somewhere closer to home.
What would anon do in my shoes?
>>
File: 20160514_163351.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160514_163351.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
bump
>>
>>1114594
I'd look up if there are any things like festivals (food, film, music, whatever) going on, check out places to eat, try to find any cool nature spots... those are all the ideas I have I think.
I'd go for it, it might get lonely but idk. It'd still be a break from your regular life. Which city are you from, out of curiosity? I'm melb
>>
>>1114631
I've looked up a couple things that will be going on at around that time, but there's not really a lot I actually want to do. One of my biggest concerns is simply that; start off doing things I want, get lonely and bored and waste all my time doing nothing. I was going to pay for a friend of mine to come down so I'd have someone to go to clubs/shows with but he couldn't get any time off work. This will realistically be my first holiday since I was a child so I'm pretty keen, and after the last couple years I think I really need this.
Apologies for the disjointed thoughts, I've been under a fair bit of stress recently.
Noosa, up in qld btw. Which is part of the reason I was thinking of going to a city for a break I suppose.
>>
>>1114638
Hey I think you should go for it; like you said you think you need it. If you were at home would you be bored and lonely too or would you be doing something more productive? If it's the former at least you'd be doing it in different scenery t b h. Plus you can always go out and people watch or whatever if you don't have any set plans. I think if you can find something to do for at least 3-4 out of 7 (I'm assuming?) days then it'd be worth it. Or maybe you could just take a shorter trip?
>>
>>1114594
i'm also in the situation that i am thinking about going on a holiday alone for a week or two. While i have absolutely no problem doing stuff and keeping myself busy, i'd also like to meet some local people, but i also dislike going to pubs alone as i would feel awkward then. I'm also not an entertainer but a more serious guy, usually not initiating a talk. That makes it harder to get to know other people as well. How do you guys handle that, any advice?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.