[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got surprised with a plane ticket for my birthday. Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: airlines.jpg (47 KB, 850x450) Image search: [Google]
airlines.jpg
47 KB, 850x450
I got surprised with a plane ticket for my birthday. Problem is the day I return is when i'm supposed to start my new job. The flight was booked 2months and the airline wants to charge me $200 to let me leave a day early. Any advice on how to avoid or lower this fee?
>>
>>1114039
meant to say 2 month ago
>>
File: 0_61_090107_plane_crash_poland.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
0_61_090107_plane_crash_poland.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>>1114039
I know of no way to do that -- I have obviously not flown every airline, and have not had to make changes to the ticket with all of those I've flown with, but they seem to really, really want to discourage you from making changes (or maybe just to get money when you do.)

So sorry, you may be out the money if you have to make the change.

Though, if it works better for you, they might charge the same thing to just postpone and go another time (within a year) when you will have enough time to not leave early and cut your trip short.

What sort of relationship do you have with the "new job" folks? Any shot at getting a day's grace there?

Or, Hell, you're young, just start the job the day after you get back. Not ideal, but an option.

Also, out of curiosity, where you going.
>>
>>1114045
Oops, misread, thought you were coming back the day before starting.

May be time to talk to the boss, explain that you were given this ticket and are sort of stuck, see if he's feeling mellow. If so, bring him back an iguana or jade dog or whatever.
>>
>>1114045
>>1114046
Going to Vegas. How bad is Spirit? A one way ticket from there back to my home is $120. Would anything happen if I just straight up no show?
>>
File: 20160508_142122.jpg (976 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160508_142122.jpg
976 KB, 3264x1836
Sorting shit out with your boss seams easier.
>>
Early return, fake funeral notice to the insurance company

Delayed return, fake doctors note for the insurance co
>>
I had my wallet stolen in Amsterdam. With no money, I didn't want to stick around the rest of the week. I called the airline, they told me to bring a police report with me to the airport and they would rebook an early exit for me at no cost. It worked.
>>
>>1115520
>filing a false police report
Great advice fag
>>
>>1114051
Just tell your boss that you need to start the new job a day late because you'll be in Vegas. Add the boss and your other new coworkers as Facebook friends and share some photos of yourself having a good time on the Strip at 4am. You'll be promoted in no time.
>>
>>1115521
Police won't care or put the slightest effort into investigating a foreigner's stolen wallet. They'll ask what happened, write it up and sign it off, and tell them to take it up with the insurance company.
>>
>>1114051
>>1114039

Spirit sucks, but they're not going to charge you for missing a flight. However, I would still check to make sure they haven't implemented any new policies. They're basically the RyanAir of the United States and North America.

As everyone else has said, I would request a day later for your joining. I can't imagine why any company would tell you to take a hike because you don't want to cancel a vacation you've had planned for months. I can't imagine even McDonald's being this bad, let alone a position which requires a degree.
>>
>>1115559
>you don't want to cancel a vacation
>cancel a vacation
>a vacation

I do not think OP wants to start his new job that way. Unless it's total monkey work at a company that knows they don't deserve any particular commitment from their staff, or if it's a job with maximum individual autonomy, OP's new boss will probably view skipping the first day of work in order to continue a vacation in Vegas as irresponsible and immature.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.