[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the one place you need to visit before you die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: 206768..jpg (2 MB, 2792x1661) Image search: [Google]
206768..jpg
2 MB, 2792x1661
What's the one place you need to visit before you die?
>>
>>975167

Space
>>
SEA
>>
>>975183
The Mars Colonial Transporter should be ready by 2035. Will you still be alive?
>>
Bucket list of a few

>North Korea
>Turkmenistan
>Donetsk
>Republic of Georgia
>Bhutan
>>
South Africa or Russia.

They are the two places I always want to go to but most likely to never actually go.
>>
>>975197
Good shout with Bhutan, looks like an incredibly beautiful country.

Shame its like North Korea though, can't go without a tour company
>>
I want to visit places only on very important dates.

>Ireland for centenary of Easter Rising
>Russia for centenary of Bolshevik revolution

Can't think of any other upcoming ones off the top of my head.
>>
>>975183
well that was quick. same here.
>>
Somalia. I've heard it's beautiful, and is historically/geographically interesting. I hope they get their shit together in the next 30 or 40 years.
>>
Okay, so if I had to narrow it down to one place, it would be the South Island of NZ... but a list of places that I really want to try and see before I die would include:

>St. Helena and Ascension Island
>Norfolk Island
>Fingal's Cave, Staffa, Inner Hebridies
>Longyearbyen, Svalbard (and Greenland for that sake)
>Tian Shen mountains, Kyrgyzstan
>Table Mountain, South Africa
>Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, and ideally Antarctica from there

Also, the Isle of Socotra with all those crazy trees somewhere near Yemen seems like a botany lover's dream, as does the Galapagos. Fuck, with all these island destinations, I just need to save up the money, buy a sailboat, rig it with water purification systems and whatever else, and drop off the face of the modern world. I'd probably die in the first storm, which would be hilarious. If not, it'd be funny to encounter pirates in the Yemeni seas.
>>
Space or heaven. Maybe hell too
>>
>>975216
This.

What are the odds that it'll ever straighten out? I'm throwing my bets on one decade after Ethiopia takes Eritrea back.

I'd also love to visit Gaza after the borders open again, or Syria if things ever settle down. imagine Chernobyl, but huge areas of land in stead of a city, and not having to worry about radioactivity.
>>
>>975216
>>975227
Actually, I'm interested in this too.
I don't think it'll ever settle down though...
I'd also like to go to Irak (not even trolling) but it's likely these IS faggots will have destroyed everything culturally relevant by the time it's safe to travel there.
Seriously fuck these retards ruining cool stuff.
>>
>>975235
Somaliland is pretty safe.
So is Kurdistan.

Just have luck explaining to airport security what you were doing in those countries when you get back.
>>
>>975239
Yeah, especially as I'm French - with all these retarded djihad kids going back and forth I'd be sure to have Intelligence on my ass.
And I have a beard on top of that, Guantanamo here I come
>>
>>975223

Lel
>>
>>975250
Nice excuses. Kurdistan is packed with foreigners. Just go there, it's fine.
>>
File: volcanologist.jpg (43 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
volcanologist.jpg
43 KB, 720x479
>>975167
JUST before you die?
>>
It's not much, but I would love to go to Washington state to meet some of my friends.
>>
>>975167
I honestly do not think there is a place that I would really have to see befre I die--if there is, I will only know after I have been there. We live to explore, or at least, I try to, and I think part of that is not really knowing what you are getting into, not really insisting on going anywhere, but observing, and going. Sometimes the places you get to are lousy, boring, not what you expected.
But that is the point.
>>
File: pripyat.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pripyat.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
One day when Ukraine has stabilized.
>>
>>975932
the fuck?
>>
Hawaii, Hong Kong, New Zealand
>>
>>976032
His doctor told him he only had a few seconds to live, and this was on his bucket list...
>>
>>976024
Uh, you can visit it now, no problems. I took the Chernobyl tour just before the shit hit the fan, and it hasn't changed.
>>
>>975932
>Photographer Kawika Singson getting up close and personal with lava as his shoes and tripod begin to catch fire.

So says a site where this is posted. I'm thinking stepping back a bit and using the zoom would have been just as good...
>>
>>975932
That's cool as fuck. That nigga got some serious cojones
>>
>>976024
Yeah, I was in Russia like 2 weeks after that plane got shot down. A couple Aussie guys I met in Moscow had just come from Ukraine. They said if they hadn't been watching the news before they'd left, they'd never have guessed there was a war in the country. They travelled through the West but still.
>>
>>975197
the real traveller bucket list
>>
File: 1397734928773 (1).jpg (870 KB, 986x1369) Image search: [Google]
1397734928773 (1).jpg
870 KB, 986x1369
Carthage
>>
>>975167
I absolutely love this image

The one place I want to visit most is the South-East of France
>>
>>976298
Funnily enough I watched Porco Rosso with my Sudio Ghibli loving GF like 3 weeks ago. It was alright but they did a good job in making the Mediterranean as stunning as it is.
>>
>>976298

>>976378

porco rosso is my go to movie when i feel sombre. something about that scenery is just so relaxing.
>>
File: h02_17294155.jpg (300 KB, 990x631) Image search: [Google]
h02_17294155.jpg
300 KB, 990x631
>>975167
Mekka you infidel
>>
>>976157
Hong Kong is boring as fuck! Heard so much good things about it before going and was so disappointed when I got there. Everything is ridiculously expensive and the "lights" show on the river front is laughable. I only went as it was mentioned as being one of the top 50 things to do in Asia.
>>
File: 1417391074520.png (993 KB, 1111x719) Image search: [Google]
1417391074520.png
993 KB, 1111x719
>>976378
>sombre
I wanted to understand the following behind SG and yeah the GF absolutely loved Porco Rosso and Pom Poko. God damn I love me Nausicaa tho too.
>>
>>976228
Sorry, delenda est.
>>
>>976690
If they do it every night it's bound to be stupid. Did you only go to the ridiculous shopping centers or something?
>>
>>976748
No, Lan Tau, the ferry etc etc.
>>
Machu Pichu and Salt Flats and I'm doing both this year.
>>
I have way too many places to visit before I die. The only thing that keeps me going is the amount of places I haven't been to yet. My goal is to travel through at least 100 countries in my life, not just visit but see them in depth.

A few of the regions I'd like to visit are Western China, Mongolia, Iran, Borneo, North Africa, West Africa, Patagonia...
>>
I don't have a checklist of places, the important thing to me is the freedom to go when I want to do so. A lot of the really disgusting and squalid parts of the third world might be dream vacations for some people but I think I got enough of that in 6 months in India to last a lifetime.
>>
File: 1367633169746.jpg (527 KB, 945x480) Image search: [Google]
1367633169746.jpg
527 KB, 945x480
>>976754
>one place to visit before you die
>I'm doing both this year

Well, bye then.
>>
>>976785
>the important thing to me is the freedom to go when I want to do so.

How do you achieve this freedom?
>>
File: 1428998821578.jpg (145 KB, 888x929) Image search: [Google]
1428998821578.jpg
145 KB, 888x929
>want to visit old European castles and battlefields. Hopefully dig and find something very ancient
>Italy, maybe not rome but other historical areas
>anywhere where historical events have occured basically.
>go to japan, also see its countryside with someone
>Watch a bunch of anime with a local from japan who can barely speak english but can understand it , while we both snack in his/her comfy apartment

>go to thailand and eat untill i explode, maybe ride an elephant around a village
>Visit the american south and live with a real redneck family doing crazy redneck things like mud parties i imagine they have and do other things involving mud and fried chicken
>Go to northern canada and live in an inuit village for a week or more
>Visit my people in central and south america, unite both continents and kick out foreign owned companies that are raping our natural resour-

Oh wait sorry i got a bit off track
>>
>>976728
Cato pls go
>>
File: nausicaa.jpg (73 KB, 500x703) Image search: [Google]
nausicaa.jpg
73 KB, 500x703
>>976699
hells yeah! have you read the books?
>>
>>976601
Why? Everything remotely historically interesting has been torn down.
>>
>>976753

I just liked the atmosphere and thought it was a great place to relax. However for me it was a break from being in "real" China. Everything felt so much more civilised.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.