[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cambodia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: skulls_2584193k[1].jpg (198 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
skulls_2584193k[1].jpg
198 KB, 858x536
Going to Cambodia for a week of meetings and fieldwork. Have about 2 days of prep time.

Where do I start?
>>
Cambodia is overrun with tourists and people trying to score drugs/sex.

Go down south to the beach and give Kep a visit. Less tourists and the seafood is to die for. You can rent some scooters and explore the area and then come back to drinks and seafood by the water.
>>
>>1113549
Ditto. Head for the coast, Cambodia's in the middle of a pretty terrible drought at the moment.
And as much as I love the place, it is basically a massive shithole, and that is definitely going to be amplified at the moment.

If you have a really big book to read, take a boat to Rabbit Island and chill there a few days. If you want to get ripped and hit on backpackers, head to Sihanookville, and if you want to hate the world go to S4

S5? I can't remember. The Toeul Seong Genocide Museum.

Or go dirtbike riding. There's a bunch of different outfits that run out of Phnom Penh. I used Red Raid and they were pretty awesome
>>
>>1113549
>>1113550

Thanks!

Trip will be 80% work in Phnom Penh and some farms in Takao province. I need to be able to be able to make good impressions on people, without knowing a damn thing about the place.
>>
Just got to siem reap from Phnom. Place is the worst place I've been to. (maybe because my hostel is a party hostel and I'm not that kinda person).

Cambodia has a drought but you still have these dipshit white backpackers playing in the pool and getting smashed everyday
>>
Also will Cambodians engage in heavy drinking at work dinners the way Chinese do?

>>1113634
What do they do that is so obnoxious? Is Cambodia like a hipster Thailand or something?
>>
Mine your step brah.
>>
>>1113658
not hipster. just grosser. but i still like cambodia and the people there. The tuktuk guys ruined the country for me. They're so relentless.
>>
>>1113658
>Also will Cambodians engage in heavy drinking at work dinners the way Chinese do?
Most probably won't, but those who do may go all out. I was served someone's homemade moonshine once, though.
>>
>>1113658
Cambodia is like Thailand was 20 or 30 years ago, so all the depraved shit that you can't even get away with in Thailand anymore happens there
>>
>>1113872
For example?
>>
>>1113876
Underage, hard drugs, English teachers with no other credentials than being white, blowing up water buffaloes with machine guns/heavy weapons, multiple women at the same time for very cheap, if not free. Easy visa/visa border bribes
>>
>>1113884
>multiple women at the same time for very cheap, if not free
More info on this. Was considering a sex vacation and Thailand seemed great but how are you getting multiple girls for free?
>>
>>1114218
The HIV rate among Cambodian sex workers is about 13%, just so you know.
>>
Is Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, vesides Anghor Wat, sightseeing worthy? Like PP, i see a beautiful royal palace, museum, and a few 'wat's but i hear its a rundown dump not worth visiting, and similar things about siem reap except that people go there for anghor wat.

I want to see historical shit, temples etc. Not into sex trade or bars or beaches.

If i skip pp for economic reasons will i regret it?
>>
>>1114282
PP as a whole is very uninteresting, exceptin' if you're into rundown cities.
>>
>>1114218
"Free" in the traditional sense, where you still mat end buying meals, maybe even shopping, but the women basically travel with you and you provide room, board, and a good time.
>>
>>1114270
Ever see the movie, based on the true story, "Same, Same, but Different"? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_Same_but_Different
>>
>>1114282
I liked wandering around PP but yeah i like the rundown part of it. I hated PP at night though.
>>
>>1113510
Get a weed pizza OP.
>>
File: lucky.jpg (2 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
lucky.jpg
2 MB, 1728x2304
if you like animals
>http://www.betelnuttours.com/

pic related. phnom tamao was the highlight of my trip to cambodia a couple years ago.

or for a sunset cruise on the mekong
>http://www.memorablecambodia.com/

and if you get sick of everything tasting like lemongrass and palm sugar the feel good cafe has fucking amazing french toast.
>>
>>1114517
I love that picture, just sayin'.
>>
>>1113550
This guy knows what's up. Phnom penh has great dirt bike riding. Just take one of the ferries over and go nuts
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.