[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Check in back packs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: LLF002-G16G70-group.jpg (62 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
LLF002-G16G70-group.jpg
62 KB, 300x400
What amount of litres do people recommend for a month long trip?

What bags do people recommend, based on affordability, comfort and practicality?

Anyone used the Crumpler LLA 60L? Its a bit expensive but looks incredibly well made, comfortable and practical.
>>
Some good advice I read a while ago was you will fill whatever bag you get, if it's 20 or 60ltr you'll find something to put in it, so go as small as you can.
I had a 30ltr for 2 months travelling and it was perfect. Just get something with lots of pockets, mine was one big bag and it had to be emptied to find anything.
>>
Yup.
The unbreakable law of backpack is that no matter the size of it, you'll ALWAYS fill it up.
So pick the smallest backpack you can afford, or else you'll just fill it with useless crap that you'll regret having brought.
The smallest backpack you can afford, obviously, depends on where you're going, for how long, and your budget.
In general, the longer you're going to stay and the colder the place is, the bigger your bag will have to be, unless you're willing to shell some cash on high quality, extra thin clothing for winter.

For comfort, you want to actually try putting every single one that interests you, preferably with some stuffing in it so you can have a real feel of how it fits your body. A bag that fits me may not fit you so don't rely solely on internet reviews. Go to some stores and try them out.
Unless you're not going to carry it for that long.

For practicality, you'll mostly want a bag that has one big compartment and a few extra pockets outside. The big compartment should be accessible from the top and from the bottom (two separate zippers) or have a lateral zipper, allowing you to completely open the bag (just like a luggage).
>>
>>1113578
I have been traveling with a 25 liter Tom Bihn Synapse for 8 months. I was in Seoul during winter and in Myanmar now (so hot). My traveling friend is hoping indefinitely and has the 18 l version.

Wool t shirts do not need to be washed as frequently and dry quickly when you do. It sounds crazy at first but once you start it's easy and you wonder what everyone carries in those 60 liter packs.

No extra baggage fees and easier to walk to destination when you get stranded or need to change places.

Highly suggest you get a small bag.
>>
>>1113605
So you don't use check-in luggage at all?
>>
>>1113610
You don't need to.
But traveling this way may not be the easiest thing to do for some people (not only noobs, mind you).
You'll need some experience and you can get that either by forcing yourself to travel with a small backpack even though you have no experience at all or by reading and taking smaller steps (decreasing the size of the backpack gradually).
>>
>>1113578
>>1113594
>>1113603
>>1113605
>>1113631

Does this still apply for a guy that's 6'6" 240lbs? I put one pair of shoes (size 14), a pair of pants and a couple of t-shirts in anything under 40l and it's already filled to the brim. I could totally do this if I was my GF that can pack about 4 garments to every one of mine but it just seems impossible to me.
>>
>>1113741
Everything in >>1113603 applies, independent of your size.
What will change is just the size of the smallest backpack you can afford. Though, of course, you could spend some extra cash in clothing that can be more easily compacted (some synthetic fibers or merino wool) and use only one pair of shoes (so you don't have to carry one in your bag).
>>
File: 715rNCJNtJL._SX425_.jpg (22 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
715rNCJNtJL._SX425_.jpg
22 KB, 425x425
Some anon recommended this I Am Max Metropolitan Cabin Bag hand luggage backpack IATA 55x35x20cm (Grey/Green) to me a while back, ordered it last week and its great. Plenty of room and pockets, really well made...plus its only £35 on amazon.
>>
>>1113741
If I were you I'd get a standard 50L bag. Like >>1113594 said make sure it's got lots of pockets and straps and things that will help you organize your shit so it's easy to get to when you need it.
>>
I've got a 45L bag, but to be honest it's far too big. Ended up packing so much shit I don't need. It's a great rucksack, got it in Mountain Warehouse in the UK but just too big for me.

Genuinely tempted to just get a satchel or something like that for my next trip. Was inspired by a Swedish guy I met the other day in Melaka who's doing just that.
>>
>>1113578
I'm going to bagpack in europe for a month,
My Tatonika Husky (30L) will be to small?
>>
>>1113952
If you pack smart, no.
>>
>>1113763
How does it fit when you're loaded up
>>
>>1113952
Planning on doing the same with a 34L sort of business bagpack, I've never taken it for more than 10d trips but I think it'll be enough.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.