[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shanghai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: shanghai.jpg (84 KB, 930x431) Image search: [Google]
shanghai.jpg
84 KB, 930x431
I will be spending 3 days in Shanghai next month. What am I in for? Any tips? Also general Shanghai thread.
>>
Download wechat. If you are into clubbing my friend is a promoter there and can get you a table. Other than that go out and see the sights. Eat some weird street food and have some nice seafood at a rich restaurant. Go to the bund and see the sick skyline. If you go with your gf take the 100rmb boat ride. Its really beautiful at night and under $20. There's also a lake town thing south of Shanghai that you can take the bus to. Go on a weekday and it won't be crazy busy. Its got lots of tourist traps, but it is pretty cool. Downtown with city hall is nice to visit before going for dinner.
>>
Interested in this as well, I will be there for a month-ish on business this summer.

What are some good places to visit that are not main tourist areas but are still nice to see?
>>
File: Yunnan China.jpg (866 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Yunnan China.jpg
866 KB, 2000x3000
>>967218

THanks for the info!

Do you live there or just have traveled there before?
>>
>>967218
Thank you! But Im gay, might look for a gay club. But thanjs for the tips!
>>
>>967218
You seem like you know the area. I'm travelling to China soon and will live there for a couple years. What's your relation to China?
>>
>>967033
Do you like clubbing?

You should go to The Hive.
>>
>>967300
im not sure if i will be there at a weekend. but ill check it. thanks!
>>
>>967218

Not OP but Im a long-term expat living in SH. Which clubs can your friend get tables at? Could he hook me up? Heterosexual guy that loves chinese girls btw
>>
>>967412
What are you doing for work in SH?
Ni zuo shenme gongzou?

How has your experience been so far?
>>
File: Thousand Islands Lake, China.jpg (311 KB, 1338x768) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Islands Lake, China.jpg
311 KB, 1338x768
Bumping up to catch the attention of more contributors.
>>
China is so geologically beautiful. I really wish their government could hurry out of their industrial revolution and get some cleaner energy.
>>
Perry's Bar, 1139 Kaixuan Rd. Best bar ever. Food is decent, drinks are cheap. Excellent pre-drinks place.

>one of my favourite bars in the world hands down
>>
File: IMG_4280.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4280.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>967218
>my friend is a promoter there and can get you a table
this shit is so common, how do they make any money?
>>967412
I meet promoters all the time that are trying to get us into their club. meet them at clubs or on wechat etc. but those clubs usually suck like myst/m2/diva. would be alright if you get a good crew together

>>967273
you wanna hit up Eddy's, thats a fun joint. Lucca is good too, or Studio if you like it seedy
>>967300
I've never heard of it, where is it?
>>967382
doesn't matter shanghai is bangin wed/thurs too
>>967800
not him, but i fucking love it. my general health is not great due to air/smoking/drugs/partying but its fun as fuck here, good people and chicks and money and food and transport. ive been around most of asia and its the best big city to live in if thats your thing

pic related, Bounty Bar on Yongfu Rd, one of my favourite joints
>>
>>968341
>4chan
There are still many areas away from the large cities where it's breathtaking, I completely agree though.
>>
File: IMG_3598.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3598.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>968341
the largest solar farm in the world is in China. yet its still enough. Though I wouldn't trust Chinese with nuclear power, no fuckin way
>>968355
there are 4 perrys now. food is shit house cmon man. But you cant go past those free beers on thursday and ¥25 buckets!
>>
>>968389
*still not enough
>>
>>968380

I'm pretty sure SH is shit every day except Fri and Sat. What places are good Wed and Thurs?

altho I went to myst on a tuesday once and it was decent
>>
File: IMG_5597.png (765 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5597.png
765 KB, 640x960
>>968393
wed is ladies night, thursday is almost the weekend. There are busy places but I don't go out much midweek anymore
>>
>>968380

how the fuck do you get your own tutoring clients in SH without an agency? I've tried and tried asking chinese girls to help me but it seems impossible. people here are fucking retarded.

one of the negatives about the city. also it's getting more expensive and more crowded. takes one hour on the subway just to go to 3 stations, subways are always jammed packed with fucking farmer peasants from 8am - 8pm
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.