[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SQT/ Stupid Question Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 17
File: 0549248974.jpg (464 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
0549248974.jpg
464 KB, 2560x1600
If you got a small/stupid question that doesn't deserve its own thread, post it here.
If you don't know if your question deserve a thread, post here, and you'll see.

last thread : >>952265

Before posting :
read the Sticky >>609350
search by yourself (i.e., google it faggot):
https://startpage.com/ or https://duckduckgo.com
check wikitravel for common questions /trv/ related.

www.lonelyplanet.com
www.wikitravel.org
www.tripadvisor.com
www.jetcost.com

if you see stupid/simple questions outside this thread, redirect them here.
>>
Can someone offer some advice to help me get over my fear of flying over oceans?
>>
>>964212
Are you afraid of flying or afraid of flying over oceans?
>>
>>964212
Familiarity breeds contempt. Fly over oceans, the fear will fade. Unless you have a honest to good mental problem at the phobia level, in which case you'll need to get some psych help, and good luck.
>>
File: 1256261720836.gif (2 MB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1256261720836.gif
2 MB, 250x200
>>964212
>>
File: coolface.jpg (45 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
coolface.jpg
45 KB, 640x481
>>964223
Watched that movie on a plane flying over an ocean.
>>
>>964221
Not him but I have a rather big sense of discomfort when I'm on a plane. I know it's an irrational fear, but my conscious just can't accept the fact that I'm handing the control of my life to the pilots. I always get so sweaty and nervous.
>>
The chances of being involved in an aircraft crash are astronomically small. The most dangerous part of a flight is the drive to the airport.

By the way, even if your plane crashes, you will probably survive. Pic related, everyone on the plane lived (someone on the ground died though...)
>>
>>964238
What about terrorists? Not OP but that makes me pretty anxious even though I'm pretty sure it's mostly just propaganda shit. The flight I booked is via Turkish Airlines and has a layover in Istanbul, so I feel kind of nervous though.
>>
Do you have to have your passport on you at all times? Or can I leave it locked up in places?
>>
>>964261
If you're scared of bombs on your airplane, I have brilliant solution for you.
Just pack a bomb yourself.
The probability of two bombs being smuggled onto the same plane, by two independent people is ridiculously low.
Like obscenely low.
Like that would never actually happen.
>>
File: chitty.jpg (76 KB, 432x360) Image search: [Google]
chitty.jpg
76 KB, 432x360
>>964229
I could explain how much your life is in the hands of other drivers when you are on the road, but I am afraid that instead of curing your plane fear I might give you a car phobia...
>>
>>964270
Wait....
>>
>>964269
Just make sure you keep a copy on you and you should be fine.
>>
>>964269
I keep mine with me -- I've had my hotel robbed, but never been robbed myself. I understanf=d that does not mean I CAN'T be robbed, it kkust works for me.

CAVEAT: Some countries technically require you to present your passport when demanded by law enforcement. I have never had that happen, even when in such a country, but it is worth keeping in mind.
>>
>>964288
A lot of people who don't carry around their actual passport carry a photocopy
>>
File: futurama_foreign_bot_passport.jpg (36 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
futurama_foreign_bot_passport.jpg
36 KB, 480x384
>>964291
Sure. Me, I leave the photocopy in the hotel. Definitely have a copy somewhere, it can save a lot of hassle if the real thing is stolen, and you have to go to your embassy and get a new one -- all the info they need is right there.

I also try and take copies to give to hotels an such that need to keep one on file, to avoid the "we keepie passportu several hour only for making of copyru, fear is not, will return with soonness." Never was a fan of watching my passport disappear around the corner. Never had a problem getting it back, but a guy I was traveling with did -- when the hotel lost it for him.
>>
>>964261
Unless this is a quote from a republican propaganda rally from the aftermath of 9/11 you are borderline delusional, buddy.

I don't see how the fact that it's Turkish Airlines factors into this either.
>>
>>964303
Republican traveler here -- it's not ours.

FWIW, flown Turkish Airlines a couple of times, they are fine, do not be fooled when there is a guy in a chef outfit waiting at the door to welcome you aboard as he will not be doing any actual chefing on the plane.
>>
>>964314
New to thread commie here, but yeah there are some republicans I won't even use as examples, primarily Andy Schlafly. It would be like rightists saying the new synthesis of Marxism is Time Cube Thought.

peace be with various political leanings since this is /trv/ and no one gives much of a shit unless you're trolling with politics

polite sage
>>
>>964281
Look, it's your own bomb.
If you don't want to blow yourself up then just don't do it.
It's perfectly safe and you're using the magic of probability theory to protect everyone on the plane.
You'd be a hero.
>>
Hey guys, not even sure if it's the right board but oh well!

Planing to move to UK. What absolute basics do I have to consider? Given how I am an EU citizen, the paperwork should be minimal, although I read that opening a bank account is a pain. How hard would it be to find a somehow affordable flat and a job paying for it and my ascetic ass? Got a pretty worthless technical college degree and command of English, Spanish, Russian and German, if it's of any relevance. (Maybe something hotel related?)
>>
>>964238
you jinxed it
>>
is it impossible to travel to iran as a brit?
>>
Flying with BA from London to Miami. Anyone know how much alcohol you're allowed in economy?
>>
>>964616
Maybe check through a travel agency or read yoir government's travel advice?

>>964619
The alcohol you buy outside of the plane, you aren't supposed to drink on the plane if that was your question.
>>
>>964570
>You'd be a hero.
not sure if riffing on an hero meme or not
>>964642
I think he meant how much they dole out to folks in economy, not how much of his duty free booze he's allowed to take in while flying.
>>
>>964648
Exactly. Anyone knows?
>>
Should /trv/ have flags?
>>
>>964680
Yes. We deserve it more than /pol/ for example but it's not like the admins care about us.
>>
>>964680
No, or this place would turn into a memefest. It's not about where you love, it's about where you are travelling to. I don't see how flags would improve the discussion here, why fix what isn't broken?
>>
>>964684
>love
Where you live I meant.
>>
>>964684
Sure there are some cons. Still it would be nice to know who is asking or giving you advice. A native or a foreigner. In theory it would be an improvement but I can see how it would be abused.
>>
>>964682
the former cucklord himself came here and asked whether we wanted flags and the majority said no
>>
File: 1426481743105.png (260 KB, 393x395) Image search: [Google]
1426481743105.png
260 KB, 393x395
Is "Ibiza Intro" legitimate?
Where can I find proper reviews of this shit?
>>
I'm spending a weekend in Stamford, CT. Is it just a boring suburb as I remember it being?
>>
>>964218
I'm actually completely fine with flying over land because I feel there's lots of potential to make a safe emergency landing if anything goes wrong. This possibility is removed over oceans and therein lies my fear. I view flying over land as flying with a safety net and flying over large bodies of water as flying without one. In the best-case scenario, you land in the middle of the ocean softly enough to avoid immediate excrutiation only to drown shortly thereafter. I suppose I'll just suck it up and do it when the opportunity to travel overseas presents itself, and hope I don't have an anxiety attack while repeating to myself how incredibly rare those sorts of events are.
>>
>>964831
>I'm actually completely fine with flying over land because I feel there's lots of potential to make a safe emergency landing if anything goes wrong

that might not work if you are flying over mountains like the alps or other mountains though (as recently noticed)
>>
File: raft.jpg (47 KB, 711x473) Image search: [Google]
raft.jpg
47 KB, 711x473
>>964831
sit in an exit row, planes can make an emergency landing on water, they'll float for a short period but if you're in the exit you should be able to get out in time.

the slides double as giant rafts too
>>
Is 2 weeks a decent amount of time to spend in Puerto Rico? Where should I go aside from San Juan and El Yunque?
>>
going backpacking in australia for a month, is a 60L backpack and then a normal backpack for regular day use too much to bring?
>>
>>965131
What the fuck are you planning to fit in a 60L backpack AND a day pack? You are going to Australia not the north pole.
Pack light, if necessary buy whatever you need there.
>>
If I want to go get shitfaced and just have a really good time in Copenhagen what would you guys recommend? Any stripclubs or nice bars?
>>
>>965095
>Is 2 weeks a decent amount of time to spend in Puerto Rico? Where should I go aside from San Juan and El Yunque?
It's more than adequate of course. I'd suggest the city is worth 3-4 days tops, including a weekend day for fun nights. Find a restaurant reservation where you can heart music and dance. The island isn't economically awesome for locals and jobs right now, so be careful. It can depress some people, and scare others. I haven't been in 2 decades, but I live in Miami and hear enough crap from others.
http://www.fodors.com/news/3-perfect-puerto-rico-itineraries-6994.html
Follow one of these ^^ and don't forget to enjoy the "coqui" frogs chirping their names at night. :) Best friend just got back from Conquistador and had mixed reviews about the property maintanence atm, but liked the private beach. I have awesome things about Vieques if you can get onto it. Of course a day out on the water is mandatory, find a way! And, have some mofongo and stop at any pig roast you see on the side of the road or beach stand.
>>
>>965469
i'm thinking to use the daypack more as an everyday backpack while i do shit without having to lug around all of my shit
>>
Except advance booking what is the secret for cheap plane ticket ?
>>
Does anyone have a clue why rental companies like Hertz and Alamo only list about 2 large bags for an SUV car like Ford Escape or Toyota RAV4 when it's clear on the car specs that it can take 35 cubic feet or 970 liters of cargo behind the back seat?
>>
>>965745
Work for an airline.
>>
My buddy and I are hiking around Saint Martin and Anguilla in June. Any recs for a good pair of shoes? I'm trying to avoid buying a new pair of hiking boots, so I was looking into Vibram Fivefingers or something similar.
>>
>>965760

Because they don't want people filling their rental cars with lots of heavy bags all the time and buggering up the suspension. It's fine to have your car loaded to capacity every once in a while but if that is happening every day during the summer holidays from the McAllisters taking their huge family around France or Florida (sans Kevin) then it means more trips to the garage to tune up the suspension/ brakes etc which is more time off the road loosing money and more money spent on getting the car in a fit state to drive. It all mounts up especially for the larger companies with more cars.

An over loaded car also handles differently than normal so is bad for road safety and likely to be involved in more accidents. They also want to discourage families from piling up their shit so high in the boot that you can't see out of the back window.

Just because you are a good driver doesn't mean everyone else is and rental companies have to work with the assumption that every driver is a fuck-wit with 2 left hands or else when a fuck-wit with 2 left hands does rent one of their cars they won't be ready for him.
>>
>>965790
That explanation eactually makes sense. Do you work for a car rental firm by any chance?
>>
>>964229
>>964212
Had a friend who was deathly scared of flying. She did always come with us on trips and such but took the train when possible, or drugged herself on morphine, sleeping pills and weed just before the flight, waking up at landing.

Anyway, after getting the suggestion to learn how to fly, and following through with it, she's much "better". so yeah, try learning how to fly
>>
>>964212
>>964229
>>964261
There are, on average, TEN THOUSANDS of commercial airplanes in the air, at any given time.

There are several discussions regardin the amount of people in the air at any given time, easily findable by googling. They all give varying approximations but I think we can say that the average lands on somewhere around one million people in the air/day.
With 365 days/year, well, I don't need to count it out for yo, do I?

So, to summarize. During 2014 we had an unusual amount of flight-related deaths at 863 Fatalities. 2013 this number was 188. But no matter, let's go for the average (for the last ten year) of 434 deaths.

434 out of 365,000,000

That's 0.0000012%, 0.0000012% of people who fly die.
If you're between 5-14 years old and live in the UK, the risk of you dying next year by something else is about 100 times that (0,00012%, or 1 in 8333). If you're 15-24 the risk increases to 440 times likelier.

Bonus: felt like comparing this to fatalities in motor vehicle accidents (in america) and it turns out that if you drove the same distance as you flew each year, flying would actually be slightly more dangerous (when it comes to actually dying). 1.20 on avg. die in car accidents / 100M of Vehicle miles traveled. Compared to 1,42 on avg in aviation accidents /100M V.M.T.
>>
What's the best way to take money abroad (SEA if that matters)? I've heard of credit cards, debit cards. I've got no idea. Also there are different charges depending on the bank for withdrawing money? I'm in the UK if that helps.
>>
I want to bike around Sweden this summer.
But Im wondering about food and water.

How much do I need for each day?
>>
>>965816
Nice rational refutation of irrational fears, which are not based on rational thought in the first place.
>>
>>965819
I have always taken debit card and a credit card. Unless you are way out in the sticks, ATM machines can be found.

Talk to your bank, though -- there may be fees associated with using your cards overseas, and there may be deals you can sign up for that mitigate them. Also, some banks have "partner banks" in other countries where you can get lower fees -- ask about that.
>>
>>965856
Not him but yeah, using rational thoughts to cigar irrational feelings is a major component of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, if not /the/ major component
>>
>>964073
What are the best places in USA to meet women? Where they are not feminazi, inbreeders, racists, christian fanatics and similars
>>
>>965859
>cigar
combat* fucking Swype, polite sage
>>
>>965888
As an American, in my personal experience, I've met very few women anywhere in this country that fall into any of those categories.
>>
Can I/should I try to date a local girl while studying abroad this summer? I don't think it will interfere with school, but idk if its worth the effort.
>>
>>965888
How far do they have to go to be feminazis? A lot of the feminist narrative makes sense, but a lot of its vocal adherents are lunatics.

By inbred, so you mean actual cousin fucking in their lineage, or do you just mean folks from the holla?

How racist is too much for you? Lots of folks have quiet grudges and lots more make jokes vaguely against The Other, but very few are Klansmen.

Religion is backwards and irrational, but is your beef only against Christians? Would you prefer a moderate Christian to a fanatical Jew? Either way, again, what do YOU consider to be fanaticism?

>inb4 shitstorm, this is /trv/, I'm just trying to help the guy out by specifying his terms with minimal injection of my own views or endorsement of currently popular tropes
>either way, nice trips, fukken checked
>>
I'm going to be in Amsterdam in 4 weeks for a friends birthday, I'm looking for a hookup or anything. I would just like to know what the best dance clubs are, preferably techno or hip-hop.
>>
File: dinghy.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dinghy.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>964212

Step1: Watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Step2: You know that bit with the plane and the life raft/ dinghy? Well a friend of mine who works for Easy Jet swears that it works on open water like the sea too.

Step3: Buy a quick inflating dinghy to keep in your hand luggage at all times.

Step4: In the unlikely event of a crash at sea you'll be like "Don't worry guys, I have this covered.", put on some sunglasses to look even more cool and action hero at this point and grab any close friends and family before all jumping from the plane in your dinghy. If no close friends and family are on the flight grab some attractive people of your preferred gender and they will offer their bodies to you to do with as you wish while you wait for rescue on the dinghy.
>>
>>965944
*Not looking for a hookup
>>
>>965934
I am sorry, I know my question was stupid. But i think after so many years in /b/ i just have a false image towards americans as fanatical religious, i've been there once but i was just a teenager.
Now, about the question, I just want to avoid conservative places, where inter racial sex is frowned upon (i am not really white), people are reasonable and where i can still do a good trip and see a lot of interesting stuff.
>>
>>965888
>crazy feminist
>christian
choose one type of crazy. they will be one or the other, you fag.
>>
>>966064

How not white are you? If you are just a little tan you could pass for a "Latino" as long as you put on a fake "Spanish" accent that makes you sound like a Spanish character would have if they had ever been in the classic sitcom Allo Allo.

In America Latinos are thought of as "sassy" or "firey" which is not as bad as Americans think of black people in general. Where ever you go though as long as you look like you are European and educated you should do ok for the most part though because money talks over there.
>>
>>966072
I know. I heard southern are religious and new yorkers are feminazi, and I want to avoid both. But maybe those are just ridiculous stereotypes. You americans should tell me.
>>966079
I don't need to fake an accent, I am a latino. And I don't know what people think about us on USA. I could pass as a southern european though (my skin is just like Antonio Banderas or something), but I really don't know if I should bother about this.
But I know what you mean when you say money talks.
I was interested in visiting american desert area (southwest USA). what should I expect?
>>
>>964299
All of this. I don't hand a passport to anyone who isn't customs working in official capacity. They can look at it, in my hands, but can't manhandle it to walk away with it. I state "I am very private, sorry, don't wish you to copy it, but you may have one of my copies." I have two copies on me when traveling. And family back home has an image of it, driver's license, front/backs of credit cards, that they can email if I needed (it's not in a cloud).
Whether a passport goes into a safe or stays on my person depends on what I am doing for the day and my vibe about the hotel staff. If my day involves a locker room or beach or spa activity? It'll stay in the hotel room safe or locked within luggage so it isn't ruined by water or stolen out of my sight. I'll have a photocopy with me instead.
I've never had anyone ask for ID from me who shouldn't, not even police, but I've never gotten into any trouble or witnessed anything. Only theft I've encountered was a video camera I had sitting on a bench next to me in a stadium setting. Never did that twice.
>>
>>966064 The question wasn't stupid nor did I aim to make it seem that way by unpackaging it. I just needed to check what your goals were. Americans tend to not be fanatically religious on the whole, but there are deviations from that norm. Same with frowning on miscegenation.
>>966072 Bollocks
>>966098
>I heard southern are religious and new yorkers are feminazi, and I want to avoid both
Again, bollocks. New Yorkers is a pretty narrow view of "what is the North?" and religion/snake handling is primarily an Appalachalian and/or Deep Southern thing.
>>966098
>I really don't know if I should bother about this.
Don't, you'll be fine.
>>
>>966098
>I am a latino
>I was interested in visiting american desert area (southwest USA)

bro, for some reason I wouldn't be so worried about them not understanding your strange, exotic, latin culture there

Where exactly are you from?
>>
>>964810
Back from Stamford and yes, yes it is.
>>
mid catalog bamp to prevent "out of sight out of mind" from happening
>>
Is travel insurance worth it or is it a good goy thing?
I'm going to America and if I have to go to the hospital I'll be bankrupt
>>
>>967361
I wouldn't leave without it. It's usually not that expensive and could saave you a lot of problems if you would ever need it. Imagine you break your leg and you have to pay tenthousands of dollars/euros to get back home.

I have a related question though.
Is luggage insurance worth it?
Or should I just put some clothes in my cabine luggage.
>>
>>967361

I travelled to Gambia without it and as long as you are healthy and don't do stupid things or go out drinking in areas where you are likely to get robed or murdered odds on you won't need it.

However there are always car accidents and natural disasters to consider so you want to gamble go ahead, it's usually quite cheep though.

Going to America I would definitely get it though because they run around shooting people with their guns all the time over there for reasons like wearing the shirt colour of a rival gang, looking brown or thinking you are the King of England returning to take back the colonies. They also won't treat you at an A&E or get an ambulance for you if they can't find a health insurance card on you.
>>
>>964595
Perfect English is the only language that matters in England.

As an immigrant scum myself, you will pretty much have to choose whether you want to hang out with other immigrants, or integrate like a normal fucking human being. If you want any social mobility and to not be hated by the right wing here you'll want to take option B.

If you're from Eastern Europe, the culture will seem incomprehensible at first. I've grown accustomed to it, even enjoy it, but people's attitudes can seem super weird. I have a friend here that despises the English, who moved to Scotland, because while he doesn't like Scots either he can at least share in their hatred of the English.

The cultural differences are a bunch of minor stuff, but largely come down to consequence based thinking, much more social responsibility (like, to an annoying degree sometimes) and general obsession with politics. Brits sometimes actually believe that their votes matter and will change the country for the better.

I'm sure there is a bunch more, but I moved here six years ago and barely remember what it meant to be Eastern European, so I cannot really say.

It can be depressing here in general, and moving WILL be a problematic period of your life. No matter how little you care about 'roots', there will certainly be things you miss from the old country.

Do not underestimate how much civil and bureaucratic privileges and freedoms you have as a citizen in even the shittiest EU country vs. an immigrant in the UK. You will be doing a shitton of paperwork if you want to be legit.

Finally, don't do London, at least not at first. It's one of the most expensive cities in the world, and it has a fairly high unemployment rate at the moment. North will always be cheapest, but it can be a little chavvy. Depending on where in Europe you're from it might be more or less agreeable for you. Also look up which regions vote UKIP and stay out of them. Because they're full of retards.
>>
>>967440
>consequence based thinking

How do Eastern Europeans think exactly?

And why does he despise the English?
>>
8ch a n now has a /trv/ board
>>
>>967448
It's kind of hard to explain, but as an example, if you asked an Eastern European out for drinks, he'd join you even if he had work tomorrow, whereas an Englishman probably wouldn't. Or, say, the whole moving to England thing, for an English person it wouldn't make sense to go to another place just to earn slightly more money working in a job with no advancement possibilities, whereas it looks like a good idea for a bunch of Eastern Europeans. Not all of them are starving, you see a plenty of educated professionals moving to clean toilets or whatever.

It's the difference between

'I'll deal with it when it happens.'

and

'Let me plan my life out, I can have fun after I do that'

Not that either is universal, or even right. It also might very well have more to do with my social class and education than it has with my background.

He hates the English for a bunch of weird reasons. I remember feeling like the 'English politeness' felt entirely dishonest, and he's called them 'compulsive liars' recently. Also, I don't know, a lot of the social interactions can feel almost scripted, though that might just be a general outsider thing.

Again, your experience may and will vary. The only properly universal advice for moving to England is stay the fuck away from expat communities and integrate with the culture as much as you can. Believe it or not, you can actually grow to like the fucking sausages and the ridiculous baked beans.
>>
>>967455
>ridiculous baked beans
baked beans are gr8 if you don't have to slav squat after eating them
>>
I'm in Montreal for the weekend. Do you need a room for that short a visit?
>>
>>967455
English politeness is not dishonest at all. And you are not entirely wrong, when in doubt we just say sorry, excuse me or pardon a lot.
>>
>>967440
Hah, the board is REALLY slow, pretty much gave up any hope to get an answer. Many, many thanks, anon.

The English being obsessed with politics is indeed surprising, cliches made me believe it would be football but the more you know. Even though I am from Eastern Europe, I lived a good part of life in Germany, so doubt the difference in culture would be as major as straight from East to West for me, so integrating shouldn't be too hard, specially given how English culture is one of my main motivations to move in the first place. London isn't an option of course, reading about a rent prices explosion there all the time, doesn't make it look as an overly appealing starting point.

>Also look up which regions vote UKIP and stay out of them.
Now that's a fucking great idea, noted.

How does basic stuff like getting a flat work? From what I heard most landlords insist on at least 6 months stay and proof that you work already, how does it look for options like social housing?
>>
>>967377
You don't need it in Gambia but you need it in America
Seriously?
>>
>>967490
You will have to have at the VERY least a six month stay. Sometimes you can bypass a lot of the bureaucracy/references needed by paying ahead a few months, if that's an option for you.

Anything less than six months you will have to either look at some dodgy shit, or move between airbnb places or something. I am sure it's possible, but it is not easy. You might want to google how to do it right, as I ended up having to stay in hostels/hotels for a month, because I couldn't find ANYTHING.

Then again, I am quite near to London, so the housing situation here is pretty terrible. It might be better wherever you go.

Don't know anything about social housing. Many places will accept a reference from anyone making more than 12k pounds a year in place of employment, IF you have someone here that would trust you enough to vouch for you with their finances. This option is usually taken by students, with their parents giving the reference. As I said though, some agencies will allow you to bypass this so long as you're willing and able to pay like half of the contract ahead (so you'd be paying for six months plus usually a safety deposit for a 12 month contract). It kind of sucks, yeah. Still, shop around, there might be SOME places that will let you skip this stuff.
>>
>>967508
When I say 'in place of employment' what I actually mean is 'instead of employment'
>>
>>967508
Actually, looking this up, it seems entirely reasonable to stay airbnb, at least until you get settled in. There are plenty of reasonable priced options for a relatively short time. They're pricier than proper rentals, but that might be the only option for short-term rent.
>>
>>967508
Well, it certainly sounds like a fucking pain. Will keep it in mind, thanks again.

>IF you have someone here
That sure falls flat. So guess all I can do is hope to get a job as soon as possible and pray to Jesus ... err Allah that they won't be overly anal about it.
>>
>>967377
>they run around shooting people with their guns all the time over there for reasons like wearing the shirt colour of a rival gang, looking brown or thinking you are the King of England returning to take back the colonies
Troll softer
>>
>>967507
>You don't need it in Gambia but you need it in America
>Seriously?

Yep, I was all vaccined up and had anti mararia meds and there aren't as many cars in the Gambia so little chance of car accidents. You also hire your taxi driver all day to act as a tour guide and to chase off beggars and con men and you're golden.

Medical treatment, much as it exists past a witch doctor over there, is cheap from a Western point of view with our big wads of cash.
>>
Should the news of all of the drought stuff going on in California be reason enough not to move there?
I've been wanting to move to san diego for awhile and I should be able to in a few years.
>>
>>967490
>how does it look for options like social housing?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry. Social housing is a joke and you're unlikely to get anything like it
>>
>>968292
Well, this sure sucks and seeing the airbnb prices, it seems that hotels or even hostels would be the best option for a start. Oh well, at least having own place even in the worst neighborhood will feel pretty damn sweet after that.
>>
File: 459_large_image.jpg (198 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
459_large_image.jpg
198 KB, 500x693
>>965131
i have a 50L and put a folded up daypack inside it to use while travelling

had this beauty for about 5 years now
http://onyabags.co.nz

you don't need to bring much to Aus, hostels will have washing machines
>>
>>965898
pussy is always worth it son
>>
How long time do I need to plan a 2-month backpacking trip? Is it too late for getting relativelt cheap flight tickets from Europe to SEA for this summer(June)?
>>
>>968458
Expect to pay at least 500 euros now, so yes it's a bit too late.
>>
>>964073
I'll be traveling alone in some pretty rural areas of Asia. What should I do about money? Take a shit ton out at the airport and carry it in a money belt? Any better option or ideas?
>>
Do you have to pay for an ESTA or is it free?

Why do they ask questions like "have you committed genocide?"
What normal person has done that and if they have, why would they say yes?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-03-18-14-50-40.png (583 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-18-14-50-40.png
583 KB, 1440x2560
I want to move to California for the weather and culture, even though the people can be cunt-y there.
Most of all, I want to live in a place with great weather that also has a tech/startup scene.

So Silicon Valley, LA, and San Diego seem to be the best fits for me.
There's problems with each of those, though.
Silicon Valley is insanely expensive to live in comfortably and the weather isn't quite as nice as southern California.
LA, from what I've heard, has awful public transportation (but it looks better than San Diego) and I've heard the crime is really high there, too.
San Diego seems more spread out than I want it to be, I really want to be about to bike or take public transportation to a variety of activities to do that is so large that I could decide to do anything different at a whim. It also has the smallest startup scene of all of the California startup scenes (Silicon Valley cities coming in first and LA coming in second).

So, I'm not really asking a specific question, but I would deeply appreciate it, if any of you who have experience with those cities could give me some advice/info on them that might help me make my decision.

Some small things to keep in mind, I'm a 22 year old white guy living in St. Louis with his white girlfriend, and we're both getting hardcore into software development, and hate this rundown city and its awful weather.

Thanks in advance to any of your input.
>>
can two people sleep in car overnight without opening the windows? would this cause trouble because of co2?
>>
>>968839
ESTA for an usa visit? 14 us dollar paid with creditcard.
>>
>>968839
regarding to the question they ask. they are americans. 9/11 never forget :(
>>
What's the best day travel backpack for a 5ft girl?
>>
>>968878

A car is not a completely sealed container so CO2 from 2 people won't be a problem, if you are thinking about how some people top themselves with a hose to the exhaust then this is from large amounts of fumes being pumped into a small space at a fast rate.

What might be a problem is the moisture from the respiration and the fart smells, not in anyway life threatening but uncomfortable and potentially embarrassing. Have the windows open just a centimetre though and that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: 1428195339457.png (308 KB, 1316x2020) Image search: [Google]
1428195339457.png
308 KB, 1316x2020
I'm a phony, not a real traveler. Where can I go cheaply that will make me seem interesting to girls?
>>
>>968972
Tell us where you live, dickhead.
>>
>>968972
>This picture
Is it true?
>>
Okay guys. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to travelling and I need help.

I want to visit someone in Bennington VT in June, and I'm gonna be taking a flight in Boise, Idaho.

My problem is the nearest airport is in albany, and he's dead set on me staying in the Hampton Hotel in Bennington, I tried searching for a package deal using Kayak but I got no results.

Do I... do I book the hotel and flight separate? I need some help, please.
>>
I'm traveling to Asia in a few weeks for 2 months. Got any tips to avoid mosquitos ? I heard good things about Permethrin.
>>
Ultimate stupid question, does a Eurail pass cover train travel within the allowed countries, or just to and from the countries? So for example, can I travel from Rome to Naples on my pass, or just things like Rome to Zurich?
>>
23 year old Britbong here, and I've never left the country (outside of Wales if you really want to count that).

However, I've just gained a new job and hoping to actually go somewhere.

I would like to go to Japan, but for my first trip a combination of the costs and the flight (never flown before and kind of scared too) it seems a bit much, and it won't be something I can really do until next year.

Recommend me some places to go for my first time abroad. Hoping to head somewhere in the summer. I don't know how to holiday so I can't give specifics on what sort of place would be ideal. Somewhere relaxing with enough stuff to do to fill up a few days would be good.
>>
>>968877
I grew up in LA- harbor area/long beach specifically. The public transport here is not great, but it is improving. The city is currently building new lines that will connect downtown to Santa Monica. I've been using public transport a lot lately, and while it's not perfect, it does work if you are able to plan ahead. Homeless and drug addicts are a problem, but lots of locals scoff and call it "entertainment", which is pretty sad. just don't make eye contact with crazy people who shout at nothing.

Crime is an issue, but again, if you can plan ahead and generally not make eye contact with the crazies, you should be fine. Always lock your car and carry mace if it makes you feel better. There are police beats and websites you can look up to see which areas are specifically safer or worse than others. LA Times has a crime section.

Visited San Diego a dozen or so times, but only for 4 or 5 days at a time. I love the beaches. Good luck choosing a city that suits your lifestyle anon.
>>
>>969052

Belgium: nice for the beginner traveller, good people, almost all of which speak English, chips readily available as are nice cakes so you will eat like a king. Lots of nice beers, cafes and the best chocolate in the world. Ostende is a nice port city and Brugge is a picturesque tourist one that is nicer than Paris.

Netherlands: If you're going somewhere to party and have money to burn Amsterdam is the place is for you. Amsterdam also has quite a few historic places like the Anne Frank house and the famous red light district so it's not like you have to get drunk or stoned to have an experience there. Don't go alone though as it might be a bit overwhelming for someones first trip abroad.

Italy: If you like the spectacular Rome is the place for you seriously you walk down the street and "suddenly Colosseum" or "suddenly the Forum" or "suddenly Trevi fountain", if you like history and sightseeing it will blow you away. Fantastic and often reasonably priced Italian food too. A day trip to Pompeii is a must too.

France, Germany and Spain are also options but a little undewhelming compared to the other places in Europe I mentioned. Hope that gives you some inspiration.
>>
>>969046
It acts like an "all-you-can-ride" pass, so any connections on national carriers are covered (with the exception of seat reservations).
>>
>>968979
USA, east coast
>>
>>969065
France being a disappointment against Belgium?
Comparing Bruges to Paris, seriously?
You are so full of shit, I hope anon will be able to understand why because I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>969065

I would go for Florence over Rome myself, Rome is both a bit to big and a bit to full on hardcore tourist gouging.

>>969052
Ok, to help you narrow things down, what do you like to do at home? Do you like walking? Are you a culture fan? How do you spend your time?
>>
>>969053
Thank you!
So far, I'm heavily leaning towards LA.
I probably won't be able to afford San Francisco until I'm a very experienced senior Android developer.
San Diego doesn't have enough of a tech culture for me.

The downsides of LA don't seem that bad. Living in St. Louis, I'm probably more familiar with crime and crazy/homeless people since our crime rates and unemployment rates are higher.

My only real concern with LA is the density. I'm worried that I'll find an awesome job and an awesome apartment, but they'll be too far from each other to comfortably commute (given how bad I've heard the traffic is).
Ideally, I think I want to live in Santa Monica because it seems nice there and there seems to be more programming jobs there than any other part of LA. I just hope commuting around Santa Monica is easy.
>>
>>964229
>I know it's an irrational fear

It's actually totally rational.
Taking a plane is literally trapping yourself in a small box of metal that will be kms up from the ground controlled by people you know nothing about.
You literally put your life in the hands of a few men and luck.
Sure you can fly 200 times and nothing may happen, but it only takes one mad guy or one engine failure to end everything.
>>
I am a just recently turned 18 year old girl and have around $2,500 saved up. I want to travel over the summer by myself but I have no idea where. I don't really want to go to Europe because I feel like that's where everyone goes but I also want to be safe too. Now that I think about it, if I were to go to Europe I would travel to the Nordic countries but I'm not really sure if I can afford that. Iceland would be my first choice. But where in the world would you go if you where in my situation?

Sorry if this sounds like I'm rambling.
>>
Is Air China as bad as the reviews I've read say?

I'm looking at a 20 hours long trip and I don't want to fuck this up.
>>
>>969164
>I don't really want to go to Europe because I feel like that's where everyone goes

Tip fedora.
But don't worry, wherever you go you'll be able to cheat on your bf.
The only difference is whether or not you'll be able to choose with whom.
>>
>>969166

Wow, I just realized how much of a neckbeard I sound lol
>>
File: Chinese_Flag.png (21 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_Flag.png
21 KB, 1280x853
Anyone been to Taiwan? I'm planning on going to Taipei/Hsinchu this summer with a Taiwanese buddy of mine (we're 19-20). What kind of activities can I enjoy there? (Considering I'm 19) How warm is the summer there? I'm pretty much a spooky skeleton so I feel pretty self conscious wearing summer clothes and tend to opt for jeans. Will I be fucked? Also I'm a white gaijin so any advice/tips you have for me is welcome.
>>
>>969164
You should go to St Petersburg, Russia.
>>
>>969176
Any particular reasons why?
>>
>>965819
>>965858
Another anon here. I'm going to spend 6 days in south korea in the summer and I was thinking of just getting some cash instead of buying a credit/debit card and all that stuff, is that a bad idea?
>>
>>969151

Paris just has a big pylon (not being funny but the Blackpool tower is better looking and has an aquarium and ballroom), ugly padlock collections everywhere, crowds of idiots taking selfies forming queues so long for anything worth seeing that it's no longer worth waiting to see and obnoxious snooty locals with chips on their shoulders.

Brugges might not have the reputation Paris does but you'd be lying if you said it wasn't a far nicer place. I'm not saying that Paris is without it's merits, it is perhaps a victim of it's own sucsess though.
>>
>>968972
>that picture
Renting a car and driving through Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and South Africa seems really amazing, but those damn ghouls ruin it.
>>
Is Brunei a hidden gem that nobody talks about or is there literally nothing there?
>>
Amsterdam nightclub question : which to choose from Sugar factory on thursday or Escape on thursday? can you take mdma or e in them and have a wild one?
>>
Why did Birdman get an oscar?

I was really disappointed by the film.
>>
>>969164
tits, yadda yadda no one cares any longer
>>
Whats the deal with Phu quoc island in vietnam, some websites are telling me its visa free entry for 30 days for all passports but I see nothing on the UK government or Vietnamese embassy websites
>>
I'll be doing some flying this summer and I'll have to change flights a couple of times resulting in me having to spend several hours in several airports. I'll probably want to take a nap but I'm scared someone will take my luggage. Would bringing a pair of handcuffs be a good idea to secure my belongings to my body?
>>
>>969343
It depends which airport, but I would think in most airports beyond the security checkpoints is going to be pretty safe.
>>
Any recommendations on a cheapish $300-400 camera for backpacking?
>>
I'm looking at spending 2 weeks in Russia. Doing Moscow, St. Petersburg, Irkutsk, Yakutsk (just for the novelty factor of being the coldest major city), and maybe some other places once I've done more research. I can speak a small amount of Russian and can read cyrillic. I'm also taking a Russian course, so I hope to be better by the time I leave. My question is, how safe is Russia for a female traveling alone? And any recommendations for places to go?
>>
>>969369

I've spent a decent amount of time in Russia.

I would not suggest that a female travel alone in Russia. Especially, outside of Moscow/St Petes/Sochi.

Recently, while in Kursk (with a group of Russian friends) I realized I was unable to interpret certain things as sketchy that my friends could. The signs that say "sketchy" are not always the same signs we see in the West.

This happened to a friend of a friend of mine while traveling by train. he was drinking with some guys that were friendly enough and giving him vodka, that is until our russian friend went up to him and said "what the hell are you doing? we need to go right now" it turns out our western friend was drinking with a bunch of guys who just got out of the prisons.

if you are at least conversational (i.e. an OPI score of at least 2+) I would not suggest going to the middle of no where without support.

You'd probably be just fine, but it just seems like a dumb idea. especially if you don't have a good understanding of the culture as well as the language.
>>
>>969343

Handcuffs might be using a sledgehammer to crack a nut and would give the impression that you have more valuable things in your hand luggage than the average traveller, so if there is a sneak thief around you'll be target number 1. all they'd have to do would be crawl under your chair and cut a slit in your bag and your 3DS and all of your pokemon will be gone, handcuffs won't protect against that.

Much better to sleep on the plane if you can or use a luggage locker if you're going to be there a while and MUST nap in the airport. Most airports have lockers, here is Heathrow's page on them as an example of what to expect and prices http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/services-and-facilities/left-baggage .

Other options include wrapping the handle of your bag around your wrist or using it as a pillow. As >>969347 said though in most airports you'll be save, even in some scummy countries.
>>
>>969165
They were horrific and non of the stewardesses spoke any English
>>
>>967440
>I have a friend here that despises the English, who moved to Scotland, because while he doesn't like Scots either he can at least share in their hatred of the English.
Fucking lost it
>>
>>969375
If it helps, I don't drink or party/go out at night and wouldn't be staying in hostels, only hotels. I don't necessarily want to hang out with locals, so much as explore the country and practice the language as needed.

But if that's the case, would you recommend just sticking to Moscow and St. Petersburg? Or is there a way I could get a better understanding of the culture and what to watch out for before leaving?
>>
>>964595

If you find it easy to learn Languages you might want to learn Welsh too. A lot of people who don't speak it don't realise just how widely spoken it is as a first or second language in the UK and it will open a lot of doors for you, not just in Wales but also in England where almost one in five people can speak Welsh. It's particularly useful in parts like London (especially if you want to work in TV media) and Cornwall (Cornish language is Welsh with more Anglicised spellings), You can also find it handy in Scotland an Ireland where the locals will also understand it as it is very similar to Gaelic. Insular UKIP types will try to insist it is not worth learning because they or their friends didn't learn it in whatever inner city sink school they went to when they failed their 11+ exams, but don't let them put you off as they are the exception to the rule.
>>
>>969187
Ok if you spend 1 day in a city and then make a generalization of the world's first attraction and paint the whole city with the same brush, Brugge is more up your alley indeed.
Again, comparing a >120.000 inhabitants provincial town of one of the smallest countries to the single most visited (by tourists) capital of the world takes a whole new level of retardation.
This doesnt mean I don't think Brugge is a great town, but you can't compare what's not comparable.
>>
File: 3525.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
3525.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>969477
>in England where almost one in five people can speak Welsh.
>you can also find it handy in Scotland an Ireland where the locals will also understand it as it is very similar to Gaelic.

As a Welshman who speaks the language: Beth y ffyc ydw i'n ddarllen?
Gaelic and Cornish looks like spilled alphabet soup to us.
>>
>>969530
>Beth y ffyc ydw i'n ddarllen?

Ystryw o cyfrannau epig.
>>
>>969159
I don't think moving to LA without planning to own a car is a realistic plan for someone with middle-class expectations of comfort and convenience, personally.

-Someone who lives in LA.
>>
>>969619
I was worried about that, but I guess I could always try to make sure I get an apartment close enough to wherever I get my first job, so the drive isn't too bad.

Even though I'll probably have to drive to work, is there enough things to do in such a density that I would be able to just walk out of my apartment in Santa Monica or Venice (those are the parts I'm hoping to move to) and be able to walk or bike to do cool shit?

If I have to drive to work, that's fine. I just don't want to have to drive EVERYWHERE, like I do now.
>>
>>969643
In Santa Monica or Venice, depending on where your apartment is, you'll likely be able to walk to a bar or two, a restaurant or two, a shop or two. No real guarantees on what exactly those are.

Bike distance will probably get you most of what you want.
>>
medium or large alice pack? frame or no frame?
>>
>>969645
That sounds awesome compared to what I'm used to. Thanks for the info, mate.
>>
>>969343 Wouldn't surprise me if they disallow handcuffs in the secure areas. I could Google it, but list or not, I think a lot of guards would give you extra scrutiny over them.
>>969649 Old infantryman here. TLDR neither but if you're determined to ALICE then get Tactical Tailor's MALICE and use their improved frame, too. Packing around a MALICE still sux, but a LOT less than ALICE.
>>
Is it too risky to visit Viena and Prague in the beginning of December? Is it a good time to go there?
>>
>>970073
Risky how? Both cities have happy winter and holiday tourism reasons.
>>
>>970074
what about in may?
>am i fucked m8?
>>
What are some pros and cons about living in LA?
I'm planning on moving to or near Santa Monica in a few years.
>>
Where is good place for Australians to travel atm somewhere the $ is excellent
>>
>>970173
living with the millions of delusional douches that think they are all going to make it, Around assholes 24/7
>>
traveling to amsterdam soon, is it worth to pay the extra cash to have a single room? this is a solo weekend trip i'm going to so i have to be economic, but it feels good to have some privacy at least

what do you recommend?
>>
>>970416
>what do you recommend?
not crossposting, but, serious answer, I'm way too cheap (not poor, just cheap) to get the single rooms
>>
>>970422
yeah, single rooms in amsterdam seems to be expensive as hell for some reason
>>
>>69396
>Exploring the culture and country without hanging out with locals
Moscow and spb are one Russia, the rest is a whole another Russia. Look up the golden ring of Russia. Visit Baikal. Have some trekking in Siberian forest. Visit Vladivostok or, if you have enough money, Kamchatka.
>>
I'm thinking about moving to San Diego or Seattle in a few years (I fucking hate being in the Midwest).
I've done a lot of research on major cities that have good tech/startup communities and those two seem like the most affordable places with much better weather than I have now.

Now I'm planning on taking a trip to each place so I can get a feel for what it's like to live there.
How should I go about doing that?
How long should I be there, two weeks for each location?
What should I do/not do in each location? I want to enjoy myself, but I don't want to get too tourist-y and prevent myself from getting a feel for the cultures.
>>
This will be the first time I've left the country on my own so, probably the most basic/stupid question, how do I book my travel?

Typing how to book a travel into Google didn't get me far. Is there a checklist that includes everything I should do and the order it should be done in?
>>
>>971152

Depends on how confident you feel you might want to book with a travel agent for first time abroad. Doing that will cost A LOT MORE, but you get peace of mind that nothing will go wrong with the booking of your transport, accommodation etc. The main plus point is that if an airline goes bust or something else happens that would have left you up shit creak without a paddle they will help you out and pay for the alternative flights or accommodation. The travel agent can also sort you out a good insurance deal, advise you on what injections or medication you need to take before you go etc. Travel agents will also let you spread out the cost of the holiday so long as it is all paid before you leave.

If you are feeling confident, or you're just visiting a nearby country, you can buy the flights and book the accommodation on websites you will find in the sticky thread here >>609350 that will save you a shit ton of money as long as you know what you are doing, it is no more difficult than buying a train ticket online really.

Before you book a hotel or hostel make damn sure you check it's reviews on tripadvisor.com and if you can find it on google street view to check that it isn't in a bad area.
>>
I'm living with a family in Spain. Why is there no bathroom lock and how do I not walk in on someone... Knocking doesn't seem fool proof.
>>
>>971374

The polite way is to say "Hola, ¿hay alguien cagando, orinar o bofetadas sombrero del obispo en esta lista?" by the bathroom door, as that covers all bases.
>>
I want to make use of the 72 hour visa free thing in Beijing to visit a few friends, what is the best website for booking flights that would allow me to select the longest layover time possible?
>>
>>971152
well, usually traveling abroad you only need to book two things ahead: flights, or transportation there and accommodation check websites like skyscanner or kayak for flights and sites like hostelbookers or booking for accommodation. That's pretty much it, from there on you just have to figure out what you want to do in the country you're visiting
>>
File: g1jUYAq.jpg (472 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
g1jUYAq.jpg
472 KB, 1800x1200
Hey /trv/

How does one charge his phone in the middle of nowhere ?

Because I'm planning some backpacking and I don't know what's the experience with charging phones when you don't have access to electricity for days.

What's the most used way ?

I could buy several batteries, but the problem remains since I still can run out of energy.

I'm fucking sure there is a way to charge it with a physical effort but I dont know what to use.

Anyone with experience ?
>>
>>972073

Try one of those free-loader solar chargers if the sunlight is strong and you have a basic non smart phone that doesn't eat battery life. They are not especially good but can give you a bit of emergency power in a jam. Switch your phone off unless you are actually sending a text and don't make calls because they use more power. Keep a pay as you go phone with a local sim card you've set up before you go out into the wilderness turned off and for emergencies only, but bare in mind if you're in the middle of nowhere you likely won't be able to get a signal anyway.
>>
>>972058

Also remember visas, vaccines and anti malarial drugs before you go depending on whether you need them for where you're going.
>>
>>972073
Get one of those portable electronic chargers. There is "proper" name for them but I had a 10k mhz one while I traveled through SEA recently and could get almost 3 full charges out of it for my iPhone. You just plug your phone into it like you would normaly since it has USB slots.

Also, while you're out odds are you won't be using your phone most of the time anyways, put it into airplane mode or turn it off. I could go almost 4 days on a full charge with my iPhone if it was in airplane mode.
>>
>>972101
Yeah also buy a mosquito repellant containing DEET and an anti-diarrea
>>
>>972073
If you are gonna be without access to energy for days wouldn't you also be without signal for days? Just turn it off when not using it and turn it on again when you get closer to civilization.
>>
File: 1407673078280.jpg (880 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
1407673078280.jpg
880 KB, 3008x2000
>>972099
>>972104
>>972411

Thanks. If I wander into the real wild I'll simply turn it off (unless I want shit like music or if I need to take a picture).

But i'll purchase a portable electronic charger as >>972104 says. Can still be useful if i'm just wandering for days. Maybe an adaptater for car cigarette's lighter could be useful too.

My poor galaxy S2 can't hold battery for shit anyway
>>
>>969343
Just bring a little chain bike lock.
>>
>>972432

For tunes an MP3 player is better, I've got one that takes a single battery, lcd display and half a gb of memory I use for when I'm travelling. Cheap as chips but a lot handier for travelling than relying on being able to find a charger as you would with a phone or more expensive MP3 player.
>>
How much money do I need per day for food, transportation and sightseeing in Istanbul. Thinking of going there for 4-5 days next month
>>
can i drink in turkey?
is it worth visiting the faroe islands?
>>
Is there anything interesting to do in the area surrounding Heathrow airport from say 11am into the evening, that doesn't involve eatting, drinking or shopping?

Going to be staying there with my wife before an early morning trip out to Venice and thought it would be nice to do something other than watching tv in our room . I looked into maybe going to Hampton Court but the TFL website quoted an hour and a half to get there by public transport with 4 changes and a walk so that was a bit too much bother and central london is too much of a faff in the time we have.
>>
Is it possible to visit Iran after having visited Israel? Or the other way around? Australian citizen, everywhere I look I always get mixed answers.
>>
>>972573
A Day’s Expenses for Travel in Istanbul:

Breakfast of Simit and Cheese from street stall: 1.5 Lira ($.67 US)
Entrance to Hagia Sophia: 25 Lira ($11.00 US)
Tram ride round-trip without discount: 6 Lira ($2.64 US)
Fish Sandwich and Ayran at Karakoy: 6 Lira ($2.64 US)
Budget Restaurant Dinner with One Beer: 20 Lira ($8.79 US)
Comfortable Budget Dorm Bed: 25 Lira ($11.00 US)

Total: 83.5 Lira ($36.71 US)
>>
>>972649

holy fuck. how many other places are that cheap to travel in?

>never been outside the US here. planning on changing that before the years out.
>>
>>972632
You do realize that it only takes 40-50 minutes to take the tube right into the centre of London, right?

But if you're hell bent on being in the vicinity of the airport, you can go to Windsor and see the castle, there's a direct bus there from the airport.
>>
would any of you straight up buy a car and drive in another country if that country drove on the opposite side of the road?

moving to canada soon and wondering whether it is something i should have someone with me for
>>
File: IMG_0226.jpg (271 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0226.jpg
271 KB, 1280x960
>>972651
Exchange rates OP. Just got back from SEA. The Thai Baht exchanged for 33:1 while I was there and in Indonesia it was 13,200:1. So not only is food and everything cheaper there because their cost of living is significantly lower, our dollar exchanges for so much.

>pic, fresh squeezed orange juice from a street stall cost me 5 Baht or $0.15 USD.
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.