[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thailand General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: 1426389000932.jpg (52 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
1426389000932.jpg
52 KB, 550x412
Old thread reached post limit. Per the usual, feel free to ask about where to go, what to do, how to do it, and what it will cost you or anything else Thailand travel related
>>
>>962680
Forgot to add previous thread to the OP:
>>954731
>>
To the guy asking about condoms, durex comfort. The dark blue box. Tried others but they all hurt like hell. My girth is just average in the west so idk what the fuck is up with thai dicks.
>>
>>962706
They average about 4 inches

And aren't even the smallest in Asia. I still say bring your own. But if you run out this is good advice with making due with what's there
>>
Are condoms really needed there? Hear lots of stories from people who constantly do it without em and don't get shit
>>
Reposting:
So I'm traveling to Thailand for two weeks next month. I'll be going with my dad so we'll mostly be interested in seeing culture and nature. For now I'm thinking one day Bangkok, one day Ayutthaya, then a visit to Khao Sok for some jungle trekking and then relaxing at Phuket. Does that sound good? Am I missing anything I should definitely see?
Questions:
>Money. What are the do's and don'ts? How do I get cash, through ATMs?
>Someone told me today to avoid Phuket because there's a lot of child prostitution going on there, is this true? I would't mind going to Ko Samui instead but Phuket looks way more beautiful.
>>
File: Sheep.jpg (774 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Sheep.jpg
774 KB, 1280x960
Tell me about the lady boys.
>>
>>962706
Thanks anon.
>>
>>962680
What is the average thai cuisine? Aby weird ir bizarre food product?
>>
>>962716
Not child prostitution, but Phuket, parts of it like Patong beach, can be a cesspool. Hookers and Russkies everywhere. There are more touristy resort areas as well, which you'll probably be at. I've known people to take family vacations to Phuket, no problem. Outside of teh Grand Temple and other sites, BKK over all is just a big city. A great juxtaposition of old and new, and should be experienced, though. You may want to look at Chiang Mai some. But there is nothing wrong with your itinerary. Especially for a first timer. I do prefer Koh Samui to Phuket.
>>
>>962736

They eat insects. Mainly Isa people. You will see the same thing in Laos. I reember when I first started kicking it with this chick from Isan. She sent me pic related of what she was eating, I took a picture of a roach/waterbug and sent ti back to her. She got mad and said not the same thing. She eventually did have me eating crickets and what not.

Thai food in general can be very spicy. Even when I go to a Thai restaurant stateside, the top level of spiciness is typically named "Thai hot" . They eat rice with everything. Sticky rice typical for Isan. It kind of reminds me as mix of Indian, and Chinese food, depending on the dish.
>>
>>962716
Phuket in general is a hellhole. Stay away from Samui and Pattaya as well.
Look at Krabi and Koh Lanta instead for easy accessible beaches.
listen to: >>962740
>>
>>962736
"Goong Den) Dancing shrimp. Live freshwater glass shrimp in a spicy sauces with some herbal leaves. Pop em in your mouth and they bounce around your mouth. usually sold in places like Phayao but there are now guys walking around the bar areas in Chiang Mai selling them.

Larb or raw beef "salad"

Blood soup, congealed cooked blood or just using the blood as the broth. I say stay away. People do die from the the raw stuff, the congealed stuff is fine.
Just lots of stuff really. So used to it by now a lot of it doesn't register as weird anymore.
>>
>>962763
Also Rayong, and Koh Chang if you need an Island. Both great if you are truly trying to get away from it all. Pic related, Koh Chang. Also posted a Koh Chang pic in the last thread
>>
>>962749
Well, I eat chapulines (crickets) already and not big deal. Also I love spicy food. Thanks for the pic. Did you eat her cricketpussy?
>>
>>962765
Live food eems like cruelty.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1426800814272.jpg (87 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1426800814272.jpg
87 KB, 640x852
>>962778
I actually nicknamed her pussy honey flower. Thai slang for pussy is "hoy" which literally means clam. I had another girl who I nick named her's tom yum soup, which is a spicy seafood soup.

>>962771
Missing Koh Chang pic attached
>>
>>962781
Did sheliked the nickname? What is mire common? Beef lips or innies with their vaginas?
>>
>>962781
Looks like paradise
>>
I'm sure this information is all readily available elsewhere, but I like this board and discussion is good. So, some questions;

I'm going to be doing a fairly touristy trip around Thailand, I'm male and early twenties. I plan to stay in hostels where available (not necessarily just cheap ones, but ones that have a good rep + good for meeting others).

How much (any currency) do you expect to spend per day, if you are being somewhat touristy, staying in a hostel and going out for meals + drinking at night? (I appreciate this varies a lot)

How much in touristy/party sort of places do you pay for alcohol? E.g. a beer?

What sort of clothes do you wear? I am going from April - June in SEA and am not really used to the weather.

Any do/don'ts that I won't have come across elsewhere/any general advice

Thanks.
>>
File: songkran.jpg (383 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
songkran.jpg
383 KB, 1100x618
>>962798
I just want to say make sure you are in Thailand on April 13th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songkran_%28Thailand%29

http://songkran2014.com/
>>
File: 1426468101625.png (51 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
1426468101625.png
51 KB, 398x409
currently looking at planning a trip to thailand sometime around july with some m8s, is there a specific date that we should work around? any important holidays or something that could be fun?
>>
File: loykhrathong7-1.jpg (47 KB, 380x262) Image search: [Google]
loykhrathong7-1.jpg
47 KB, 380x262
>>962817
July is doing the rainy season, but don't let that deter you. There is a Buddhist holiday at the full moon.Their Father's Day is in August, the Kings Birthday. Mext fun holiday would be November. Loy Krathong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loi_Krathong
>>
>>962714
Yeah def do condoms man. I was using them and still managed to catch something somehow. Thank god for over the counter meds there...was cleared up in 3 days and back to normal.
>>
Any recommendations for the best flight carriers for London to Bangkok? You can do it with almost anyone if a stop, but some do direct. I've heard Emirates/Qatar/Thai Airways/Singapore are the best? Any thoughts?
>>
>>962714
It's Russian Roulette. You aren't likely to get HIV, and truvidia can further decrease that risk. Chlamydia is much more likely, and the strain there can be pretty stubborn, but antibiotics are OTC there. Also the thing with if a girl easily offers up no condom first time, think about all the other guys she let do the same.
>>
>>962838
As far as quality of flight, nothing beats the Gulf state owned airlines, but I can't speak to the specifics from London
>>
File: insect_plate_l.jpg (167 KB, 725x544) Image search: [Google]
insect_plate_l.jpg
167 KB, 725x544
>>962736
>>
>>962851
Big insect no due its size, small is ok and maggots. I am hungry now. How much fir that plate?
>>
>>962839
But the feel of bare back sex its better. Also medicine works. And what if I die. At least died young.
>>
>>962723
Get two and be the meat in a sandwich. Unforgettable experience.
>>
>>962749
Her bugs are caught in nets at farms, not crawling down the wall of a hostel.

Personally I don't like them, they mostly taste of the pork fat they were cooked in and anything like a locust just feels like eating prawn shells.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.