[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to go somewhere, anywhere, I don't care. I have 1500
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
I want to go somewhere, anywhere, I don't care. I have 1500 bucks. Sell me somewhere to go.

I live in New England, if that helps.
>>
File: 1336678938176.jpg (235 KB, 1280x950) Image search: [Google]
1336678938176.jpg
235 KB, 1280x950
That's enough money to go pretty much anywhere if you're frugal. Are you just after original ideas?
Go on a quest to find illegal Casu Marzu cheese in Sardinia
Hike the coastal path in Cornwall while trying to find the best cream tea in the West Country
Hunt wild pigs in Samoa
Investigate the Zugurramurdi cave festival in Basque country
Ride the iron ore train in Mauritania and hunt for glow worms in the oases
Walk from the Atlantic to the Pacific in Costa Rica
Go to Ouagadougou. I don't know what you'll find there but it's within your budget.
blasphemy -- go on a wine tour of Belgium, a whisky tour of England, or a beer tour of France
Go to Dominica where rum is cheaper than the Coke you mix it with
Go to Cape breton Island and take Gaelic classes
Fly to Belize with nothing but a tent, thumb piano, and snorkeling gear
>>
Sealand britbong, sealand
>>
>>1113854
>Nothing but a tent, thump piano, and snorkeling gear

I like the way you think, hombre.
>>
>>1113854

Thanks for the suggestion. As you said my options are pretty wide, but mainly I'm looking for somewhere to go for 1-2 weeks with that much cash. I've also already been to most places in Europe, so preferably somewhere other than that.
>>
File: merida.jpg (44 KB, 550x324) Image search: [Google]
merida.jpg
44 KB, 550x324
>>1113852
go live like a king
>>
>>1113854
>Mauritania
Thats not exactly a place most governments advise their citizens to visit...
>>
>>1113898
>2016
>Not visiting rural central Mali

Get on my level.
>>
>>1113898
What's your airfare to South America?

Cheap af once you get there. Interesting enough, too. Depends on how edgy you are you can visit Columbia, Venezuela, etc.
>>
File: UxmalOverview.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
UxmalOverview.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
>>1113895
Sure, the Yucatan is nice, and in OP's budget. Just watch what you eat and drink. I lost a day through carelessness there.
>>
>>1113854
casu marzu is theorically illegal but no one gives a fuck if you keep it for yourself.
>>
File: tmp_25337-IMG_01451366703265.jpg (2 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25337-IMG_01451366703265.jpg
2 MB, 4608x3456
>Thailand
$1,060 for flight from Boston
> $100 for lodging
> $50 for transport
$300 for food/drink/misc
>>
>>1113909
Do you actually visit central Mali
>>
Fly to Phoenix, rent a car one-way. Screw around in Arizona for a few days, then drive to Utah and hike around for as long as you feel like. Then drive to Las Vegas, live it up till youre out of money, turn in the car and fly back.
>>
Boston
>>
File: rock riding.png (170 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
rock riding.png
170 KB, 480x368
>>1113852
>2016
>not riding a rock
fucking pleb
>>
Do you have time constraints on when you can leave and for how long?

I like to look at Kayak.com/explore. You can view flight prices for around the globe. See whats a good deal, and go from there. Not sure if airbnb and homeaway are cheaper than going to normal hotel route, but I've always preferred it.
>>
>>1114033
I first read that as "riding a cock".
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.