[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Puerto Rico
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png (42 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png
42 KB, 2000x1333
I might be traveling to Puerto Rico in the next few months for about a week. Anything I should do or know when I get there?
>>
>>1113250
What part of Puerto Rico?
Also it gets expensive here quick.
>>
>>1113250
What are your interests? I had an awesome time there, recommend staying at the Posada San Francisco Hostel in Old San Juan. It's very close to cheap parking, and you can see old Spanish forts from the window.

Some sights to see:
>Indian ceremonial grounds (those were my favorite)
>walk around San Juan
>see Arecibo Observatory if it's open to the public (sometimes it's not)
>drive through the center of the island and around
>El Yunque, America's only tropical rain forest

But one of the coolest parts for me was just driving around; It's an island, so you can't get lost for too long before you hit the beach. You'll probably come across something interesting.
>>
Local here. Best bars in old san juan:
Factoria
Desvio
Cubanita
El Batey
Farolito
Taberna Lúpulo

Best restaurants:
Augusto's
Pikayo
Santaella
Seccarelli
Casita Blanca
La Casita at Miramar
Fern
Mi Casa by Jose Andres
Marmalade
Meson Gallego
Compostela
>>
Also, what hotel are you staying at?
>>
Never posted on /trv/ before, but I'm a nervous wreck that deep down yearns for adventure/travel.

By the end of this month, a friend of mine will be leaving to PR to visit family and wants me to come for a few days. Any time I look up PR I either get "tropical resort" or "drug/murder cesspool". If I'm just going to see some sights and beaches, would I be fine?

Never left the US before and have no fucking clue about any of this.
>>
>>1113487
The Hilton
>>
>>1113570
So, the best of both worlds it sounds like.
>>
>>1113613
>kek
>>1113570
bruh i would post my email to show you around town but idk how to feel about posting it here considering it's my fullname@gmail
>>
>>1113612
The caribe hilton? nice choice for the price and location. used to be a classic institution in the 60s and 70s. still has a charm but definitely overshadowed by the concha/vanderbilt combo a mile away in the Condado strip in terms of trendyness.
>>
>>1113570
anyway, on your question:
you'll be fine if you're friend is middle class or upper. the sketchy mongrels really don't affect you unless you go into the projects or find yourself in a bad part of Santurce late at night. granted, always be wary with what you leave visible in the car because if the boricua is one thing it's a coward. they won't mug you but they'll take all your shit when you're not looking

the drugs or endemic to the projects and barriadas which you won't go to unless you're explicitly looking for some.
>>
>>1113786
your* friend
drugs are* endemic
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.