[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Thailand Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 55
General advice and pro tips on travel in Thailand.

Previous thread here: >>948102
>>
What's the full moon party like bros?
>>
>>954732
Prepare to spend all of your precious bahts on alcohol. Overrated but you really gotta do it because it's a touristy thing.

I have trouble partying all night without drugs (and that isn't an option). I was waiting for the boat back to samui and some Brit claimed he got mugged and got his shoes stolen :p sucks to be him.

Also there are magic mushroom shakes for 300 baht at the end of the beach in the cliff side bars. Don't split it with anyone because they're weak, but they're legit.

Also get tons of stamps from every stand and get free shots all night
>>
>>954741
But also its super expensive and although I don't regret it, I'd never do it again. Consider staying in Ko Samui because its cheaper and safer and take a ferry there and back.

Mae Nam in samui is essentially a private beach and we paid $14 USD a might for a beach bungalow
>>
if i just wanted to get quit my job and get away and be by the beach for say 3 to 4 months would thailand be the place to go? How much cash would I need?
>>
>>954756
If you wanna just do the beach, maybe 2k USD with a tight budget, comfortably. If you travel and do hotels, it depends on the month. Right now is high tourist season so you will spend more than if you did in May-September
>>
Currently in Bangkok.
What is a must do here?
>>
>>954774
spend a few days doing touristy shit and fuck a hooker then get the fuck out of that crazy ass city
>>
>>954774
Bangkok is shit. that said, if you're done violating whores, visit Chatuchak Market. it's pretty insane, like most everything in bangkok.
>>
>>954805
I'm also going to be in Bangkok for like 3 days. I have some excursions booked for like the first two days until like 3 pm and then I'm free. What should I do besides the market in Bangkok?

Also, is it a good idea to try and take the bus to Pattaya on the third day? I heard the beach is nice.
>>
>>954809
Also, do I just get baht at the airport? Do I tip people in Bangkok? Where is teh best street food?
>>
>>954809
>I heard the beach is nice.
he he he
Pattaya is a whore market and I'm pretty sure you're aware of that. The fact that you're even insinuating otherwise makes me believe you're a troll.
>>
>>954774
>BKK and around
For cultural stuff, the Grand Palace/Temple of the Emerald Buddha complex is a pretty genuine must-see, assuming you haven't been before. My personal favorite temples are actually Wat Pho, AKA Temple of the Reclining Buddha (which is in a pretty nice neighborhood for wandering around), and Wat Arun, both of which are accessible by Chao Phraya Express boat, my favorite way to travel in BKK, bar none (Skytrain and subway are tied for #2; believe it or not, tuktuk is probably #3, but I speak Thai and am thus hard to scam; I also have a terrible cigarette habit). Wat Bowoniwet, AKA Wat Bowon, is another nice temple with some cultural importance, and it's an easy walk from the Khao San tourist ghetto. On the river again, day trips up to Ayutthaya are highly recommended; the Oriental's one-day river cruise there and back is among the nicest ways to do that, even if it can be done almost as easily and much, much cheaper by train or bus. Trips up to Lopburi, which is most famous for being overrun with monkeys but is also historically significant, are worth it, too. Can be done in one long day or over one night using either buses or trains. And I second Chatuchak for shopping--there are some good t-shirts by local designers, along with just everything else in the known universe that can be purchased.
>>
>>954809
>Also, is it a good idea to try and take the bus to Pattaya on the third day? I heard the beach is nice.
You heard incorrectly. The beach at Pattaya is crowded, widely known for scams, and almost too filthy to consider for swimming (though the beaches at Jomthien and Na Klua, just outside Pattaya proper, are OK). It's a good idea to take the bus to Pattaya on the third day only if you're interested in sex tourism or transsexual cabarets; there are much, much better beaches more or less as close.
>>954811
>Also, do I just get baht at the airport?
If you need to; exchange rates may not be the best but they're better than at hotels and they're not terrible. I rarely change money at all and generally just use ATMs.
>Do I tip people in Bangkok?
In most cases, no (waiters, hairdressers, etc.), but there as anywhere it's kind to leave some money in your hotel room for cleaning staff, and I've been told that it's nice to give sex workers cab fare or otherwise a little more than they asked for if the service is good, although that's not my scene.
>Where is teh best street food?
An almost impossible question to answer--it's hard to find bad street food. But most markets, including Chatuchak, mentioned above, and most major transit areas (train and bus stations) are well-served with food vendors.
>>
>>954774
Take a bus to koh chang. Be glad for every minute you're not in bangkok.
>>
>>954774
>>954801
>>954805
I know different strokes for different folks but I find the juxtaposition jarring, when you call BKK shit and here: >>953256 there are a few people that rate as the best place they've lived. But then again, I can see how a place like BKK would be anti-"real traveler" at the same time I'd think the grittier side (sans hookers) would have some appeal.
>>
>>954742
I'm staying in my friends place on Samui and will just be getting the ferry back

>implying we should have a cheeky /trv/ meet up at the moonlight party for shits and giggles
>>
>>954816
>And I second Chatuchak for shopping--there are some good t-shirts by local designers,
Yeah I bought a Grendizer T-shirt there, I think the designers crew is called Gunzu.
They make anime-themed tees which are pretty fucking cool if you ask me (not even a weeb).
>>
>>954818
Pattaya is still worth going to for a few days even if you aren't into sex tourism. Just get a hotel in jomeitien if you're not planning on getting a lady.

>>954853
It's really not a real traveler thing. It's just hard to relax and get on the mai pen rai wavelength there. If you're the type of person that would like to live in NYC or whatever I'm sure it'd be great for you.

>>954854
If you got a place for me to stay I'll go.
>>
Taking 25,000 baht spends with me for a 2 week trip

Can I live like a king on this ?
>>
>>954853
I don't think anyone would say that BKK isn't 'real trv'; it's just a really big city, with bad traffic and pollution, and not everyone likes those. I love Bangkok. And hookers have nothing to do with it--you can spend years there and not even see the sex industry (I've done exactly that).
>>
How aggressive are the hookers in their "marketing", can you stroll through the bar district without getting accosted?
Phuket is the place in question..
>>
>>954934
You may get called out to--hello sir come have a drink handsome man... but you're not going to get physically assaulted. They might want to have a little laugh, but they're not going to want to waste much time on someone who's not interested.
>>
>>954890
>thb 25,000 for 14 days
At current exchange rates, that's about US $55/day. You can live like a very comfy backpacker, but a bit short of a king--3 star hotel would eat at least half of that; 5 stars would cost twice as much (Granted, 3 stars in Thailand is more like 4 elsewhere). Or you could stay in a hostel, eat in good restaurants, and drink heavily, so perhaps you could be the King of Khao San Road.
>>
>>954960
They are just my spends mate, all my accomodation is taken care of and is pretty damn high end
>>
>>954960
If hotel and travel is already paid for, how much would you spend a day?
>>
>>954965
You can eat and drink well on that, assuming you're not going to be hanging out in the red light districts or getting bottle service in clubs. Still not a king, but you'll have fun.
>>
>>954968
Varies a lot for me, but if I'm doing a lot of nightlife stuff it can get steep. I can easily spend $100+ over the course of a big night out with friends. But I probably spend less than your budget most of the time.
>>
>>954969
Probably give them a visit but wont be there every night, I do fancy some fine dining though
>>
>>954975
>I do fancy some fine dining though
You will eat extremely well on less than $55/day. Drinking is sort of overpriced compared to food, though (when it comes to cheap meals/street food, which you should certainly do some of along with the fancy stuff, a beer will often cost more than your food), so if you're into things like fine wines or top-shelf liquor you'll eat into your budget pretty quickly.
>>
>>954955
>>954934
How are the girls in Phuket these days? I here only bad things, in relation to BKK and Pattaya.
>>
>>954864
>Pattaya is still worth going to for a few days even if you aren't into sex tourism. Just get a hotel in jomeitien if you're not planning on getting a lady.
I can't agree. Better versions of everything Pattaya offers except sex workers (and maaaybe shopping malls, or golf) can be had for less money in other equally nearby places. The beaches on Ko Samet and half a dozen places in mainland Rayong, among others, are MUCH nicer than the barely-decent beaches at Jomthien or Na Klua, nearly as close to Bangkok as Pattaya (maybe half an hour farther away in bad traffic), and free from Pattaya's crowds, ripoffs, and bad taste.
>But I make no secret of the fact that I don't like Pattaya.
>Your mileage may vary.
>>
In terms of hookers are there any places where you might find goth/emo/alternative type girls or is it all pretty much just the trashy sexy hooker type look available?
>>
>>955089
I'm sure you could just take one of them shopping at the local equivalent of hot topic and get her all dressed up so she's Not Like The Other Girlsâ„¢

Maybe she could then command a premium for her service and you would start a trend
>>
>>955087
Funny. I know someone (Thai) who moved to Pattaya from Rayong becasue they felt Rayogn was too slow paced/boring. I also read an article from a woman (African American at that/TEFL) who is working and enjoying her time in Pattaya away from the whore mongering. There is a Pattaya away from Walking Street. But like you said, you are a self-avowed Pattaya hater. Different strokes fro different folks.
>>
>>955089
Would you consider her goth/emo?
She is the same chick on the right here:
>>955043
>>
File: tat.jpg (785 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
tat.jpg
785 KB, 2000x2000
>>955101

Here is her newest tat she's working on. It's not finished.
>>
File: chub.jpg (464 KB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
chub.jpg
464 KB, 3000x1500
>>955089
She has some emo tattoos, but in reality really wishes she was black.
>>
>>955105
yeah brah, that's not trashy at all...
>>
File: y04.jpg (276 KB, 1279x888) Image search: [Google]
y04.jpg
276 KB, 1279x888
>>955089
they're out there...
>>
>>955105
that is nice....i would bang it.

might go to Thailand for a week...for some bullshit work might not even have time.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425000596771.jpg (70 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425000596771.jpg
70 KB, 1080x1080
>>955123
Well she's out the game. Got somebody to put a ring on it. She's from BKK, but is currently up in Isan, near Laos, in a nice ass house that hooking built that she finished for her mom. Waiting for visa to clear to move with hubby. But there are others out there like her, like this woman: >>954853
>>
For anyone interested there is a Thai thread on /hc/. At some point I will get around to posting some oc there I can't post here, but it'd mostly video so I have to convert. I'vr posted a few there already, though.
>>
>>955141
Forgot link:
>>>/hc/724058
>>
>>955099
Fair enough on both counts. It's certainly a bustling, lively place, and it might be the biggest city on the Eastern Seaboard. I just find it ugly, overpriced, and tacky. The boredom that your friend fled in Rayong makes a bunch of the beaches there very clean and quiet.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425008833782.jpg (82 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425008833782.jpg
82 KB, 960x960
>>955155
True. And the same thing that makes those beaches quiet, is the same thing that can make the place dull, if you live there 365. I grew up on the coast in the USA by quiet beaches so I can relate. But on the same token, as you said, those beaches make a better location for a relaxing, escapist, vacation. I've even recommended Rayong more than once here when people ask for reccomendations on beaches and immediately think that means choosing between Phuket or one of the kohs. I've also highly reccomended Isan as a travel destination, which is quiet ,and quite often iverlooked in favor of central and northern Thailand, and even Laos, Cambodia, and Burma, on this board.
>>
fvgfd
>>
>>955160
I guess that my perspective becomes even more obvious when I tell you that my favorite part of Thailand is Isaan--I'd rather hang out in backwoods Roi Et than most beaches.
>>
>>955099
That's the appeal of Pattaya for me. It's not as crazy as BKK but not as boring and slow like Rayong and such as you mentioned. It's a shame everyone just assumes Pattaya = Walking Street
>>
>>955185
>>955155

My problem in Pattaya is that, as a white American, you are judged so hard by the Thai. Not to mention everyone I speak to hates it.

Everyone there will think you are a sex tourist.
>>
File: DSC06361.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC06361.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
Let me share with you a magical place, guess where it is.

No cars, lots of rock climbing, solid sand on beaches, only accessible by longboat. There is a cafe where you can smoke some funky cigarettes and not worry about cops (it's awesome). Lots of cats on the peninsula for whatever reason.

Here's a view of the peninsula from one of the climbs, it's very narrow, about a mile wide.
>>
>>955201
Also it felt so authentic in terms of nature... however food sucked, no 7-11's on the island (price gouging) and I wouldn't spend more than a few nights here.

Any takers?
>>
>>955201
There were no cats when I was there.
Lots of monkeys though. Man I missed out
>>
File: flight-of-gibbon-Chiangmai.jpg (160 KB, 765x445) Image search: [Google]
flight-of-gibbon-Chiangmai.jpg
160 KB, 765x445
Has anyone tried Flight of the Gibbons in Chiang Mai?

http://sawadee-travel.com/index.php?view=tour-detail&tourid=11

I have never tried zip lining but it looks cool
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425035119634.jpg (52 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425035119634.jpg
52 KB, 720x720
>>955198
Good thing I'm not a white American then lol
>>
>>955231
what are you?
>>
>>955227

I did it in siem reap (cheaper and newer) and it was good fun.
>>
>>955198
Usually thai people light up when they hear I'm American and loads of thai wear American flags on their shit. And if they do talk behind my back whatever. I've yet to have any issues.
>>
>>954811
Airport exchange rates suck. Get just enough to take a cab or the airport train. If you are staying around Sukhumvit there are tons of currency exchanges, and you can shop for rates.
>>
>>954811
Oh, most of the excanges will give you a worse rate for anything other than $100 bills (assuming USD). Some will only take the newest series, or will sort out certain series of bills that have been rumored to have been conterfeited.
>>
>>954960
>3 star hotel would eat at least $27.50/day
You must have a unique definition of "three star". $30 a day gets you a low-mid hotel room in Bangkok.

>>955089
I think there's a club in Bangkok called "The Castle".
>>
>>955201
Tell me your secrets
>>
>>955257
I was being generous, I'll concede, and also sort of guessing--I spend a lot more than 27.50 on hotels in BKK, because $100-something gets you $500 worth of hotel someplace else. But I've definitely seen some deep discounts on pretty good places at some of the online resellers.
>>
Oh look, flying farang syndrome.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2968733/British-tourist-plummets-death-36th-floor-apartment-Thailand-day-friend-emailed-saying-heading-big-fall.html

> Local newspaper Pattaya One reported that his girlfriend had suffered facial injuries and he was in financial difficulty,

Any bets on who threw him off the balcony? Oh, wait, that never happens, I'm sure he was just drunk and lost his balance while sitting on the railing.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425051321759.jpg (42 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425051321759.jpg
42 KB, 540x960
>>955248
Are you speaking of in Pattaya specifically? Are you white? Just clarifying as the other poster was specifically talking about being a white American in Pattaya. Trying to figure out if he is projecting or is it a real thing.
>>
File: Photo Collage Maker_QUY6tf.png (3 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
Photo Collage Maker_QUY6tf.png
3 MB, 2560x2560
>>955274
My favorite story is the farang guy who went to visit his "estranged" wife of a few months. Got into a confrontation with another Thai gentlemen and somehow a weapon was discharged and the farang shot. The article insinuated the gun magically went off during a struggle between the two men. I can't remember which one was the original owner of the gun.
>>
>>955089

Enjoy your hep.
>>
>>955201
Looks a little like Ko Phi Phi.
>>
>>955330
Except you said peninsula, so maybe Raileh, Krabi?
>>
>>955334
>>955330
You can just google reverse image it m8
>>
>>955337
Right, but that's not the point. The point is to guess from dim recognition of a thumbnail on my phone.
>>
>>955364
If that was the point, why didn't you tell this guy:
>>955334
He got it right? His spelling?

It's Railay Beach.
>>
>>955214
Lots of monkeys too, you right

>>955334
You are a winner my friend :)

>>955337
Does that work? It was an OC photo

>>955372
Yes it was railey
>>
>>955372
The guy posting >>955364 was not me but thanks for playing everyone
>>
>>955438
>Does that work? It was an OC photo

Probably. Google does look up similar photos, and that's a pretty famous angle, where you can see both beaches.

side note: For anyone who likes the big girls
>>
>>954811
Go check out Sukhumvit Rd soi 38. Top notch street food. Best in bkk probably. Get a Daniel Thaiger burger
>>
>>954823
Dunno man I loved Bangkok, spent a week there at first. Mainly because I was too hungover to check out for the hostel after many heavy nights in soi cowboy
>>
Just your threadly reminder that the King murdered his older brother in order to get the throne.
>>
>>955601
Technically no one but the king really knows for sure what happened.

Two palace servants were executed for the death but that doesn't really mean anything.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425135104228.jpg (66 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425135104228.jpg
66 KB, 720x960
>>955513
Probably the same dude that doesn't like Pattaya. And people don't like BKK for the same reasons people don't like NY or London. Some people don't do nig cities. I have friend from Isan who was bartender in BKK who didn't like it because of how hectic it was. She was fine with Phuket, but that was over a decade ago. Even my friend from Rayong who has no problem with Pattaya doesn't like BKK because it's "too busy"
>>
>>955254
What about euros?
I was thinking about bringing some 50€ notes and exchanging them at the airport, just in case I have trouble with the ATMs (heard that electron-cards should work but who knows?).
And why do you get a better rate on large notes?
>>
Am currently in Chiang Mai. I never want to leave.
>>
>>955440
>tfw I somehow I ended up in some club that caters to blacks because of a friend and all the girls looked like this

Blegh. Some girl thought I was lying when I said I was from America there because I'm white. She probably thought I wanted to look cool or something. I also ended up in some Arab club and I realized why average looking club girls want so much $ after some arab dude I was talking to said he paid 8k for a girl that was below average. He looked at me like I was supposed to be impressed. The club didn't even look nice but they were just throwing money everywhere.

>>956019
What's the appeal? I always hear people raving about it here on 4ch but never IRL.
>>
>>955970
Probably either 100E or 500E notes.

The exchanges just don't want to deal with making change for people.

>>956027
>He looked at me like I was supposed to be impressed.
In his eyes, you *were* supposed to be impressed. He is showing he can throw money around, he has so much it is meaningless to him, you are poorfag pleb scum.
>>
Has anyone here tried the fishing in Thailand?
>>
anyone do muay thai? Is coming to Thailand to train viable?
>>
>>956019
Tell us more i want to know what's cool about the city i hear it's like the better city to live in.
>>956085
I want to know this as well i was thinking about training in Muay Thai while teaching there i hear i'll have enough free time and I want to learn a martial art while i'm still a youngster.
>>
File: BD.jpg (810 KB, 1800x2671) Image search: [Google]
BD.jpg
810 KB, 1800x2671
>>956027
>Blegh. Some girl thought I was lying when I said I was from America there because I'm white. She probably thought I wanted to look cool or something.

I'm guessing it looked a lot pic related. There's actually quite a bit of hookers that prefer black guys, including most of the chicks in the pics I posted thus far. It's hilarious to see them on social media and how much they try to emulate black culture. Even more hilarious when they try to talk black IRL with their accents. They are usually easy to spot, though, because they dress like SoCal Asians or nigresses.

>I also ended up in some Arab club and I realized why average looking club girls want so much $ after some arab dude I was talking to said he paid 8k for a girl that was below average.

I'm not sure I spoke on it tin this iteration, but I have in the past, on the cyclic nature of Thailand exporting their whore to Japan and the Middle East, which in turn has created Arab and Japanese interest in tourism to Thailand, and driven up prices as they are used to paying much more for the same chicks back home. It's pretty unique with Thailand, you don't see Russian, Indonesian, Brazilian (granted Japs have had a long relationship with the country), Kenyans, Ethiopians, and other whores aren't driving tourism from abroad to their countries.

>What's the appeal? I always hear people raving about it here on 4ch but never IRL.

Chiang Mai is like the tourist's/expat's Thailand. If BKK is the city, Pattaya is the sleaze, Phuket is the resort/tourist trap, Chiang Mai is the straight up Thailand normalfag tourist spot. English is widely spoken like the other tourist areas. Large normal type expat community there. It has the nature, and it has the culture. I reckon it would be like going to DC or San Francisco.
>>
>>956085
>>956149
a friend of mine did/does this very often. She flies down to Thailand to train Muay Thai 2 times a year or so and then does fights in Ireland

So yeah, I think it is viable
>>
>>956153
every girl in that pic looks they are partially black lol
they probably would appeal to most black guys more anyway.
>>
File: Photo Collage Maker_cvGXcB.png (4 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
Photo Collage Maker_cvGXcB.png
4 MB, 2560x2560
>>956182
>every girl in that pic looks they are partially black lol
they probably would appeal to most black guys more anyway.

Good observations, and the reasons are many fold, and some even feed into each other
1. They prefer black guys and are trying to emulate the culture
2. They are originally from Isan where many have darker skin.
3. Though skin whitening is big business in Thailand and dark skin is considered unattractive, black guys have increased these chciks self worth/self esteem to where they feel "brown is beautiful" and don't play that game.
4. Another reason to look black/urban is attract the type of customer that likes that look. They work out of hip hop/urban clubs.

Your last sentence is something I've tried to emphasize in the past to people that complain about blacks being with "ugly" or overweight Asians, is though the chciks may be unattractive to you, that is the type of woman they like. And the type of Asian chick your typical weaboo is attracted to, most black guys find unattractive. So really everyone is winning.
>>
>>956019
Tell me about it, I live there for almost 6 years throughout 2005-2014.
Earning a MSed and setting up income properties over the next few years to set myself up to return for good.
>>
>>956192
>MSed
What exactly are you doing if you don't mind me asking.
>>
>>955684
Don't think so. I don't like Pattaya, and posted about it above, but I love Bangkok.
>>
>>956153
Hit the nail on the head with the last section about Chiang Mai and all of the other cities.
I feel the exact same way.
:brofist:
>>
>>956027
>>956149
>>956192

Chiang Mai:
- lots of cool nature (mountains, waterfalls, lakes) a short motorbike trip away (40 min to 3 hours, you can find tons of things to do)
- one of the cheapest cities to live in general, not just in Thailand
- still a big city with big city comforts (good restaurants, bars, dept stores, shopping) but also lots of local flavor (street food, night markets) and nature
- easy to get away from the touristy areas
- cheap rent, $200/mo will get you a decent apartment, and rent a motorbike for about $70/mo
- lots of foreigners here to make friends with if that's what you wanna do
- lots of opportunities to make money if you just speak English and maybe make a Thai friend, without being an English teacher
- I hated Bangkok when I was there for a week... Chiang Mai forever
>>
>>956196
Right now I have my BSed and teaching cert in Biology. I am takingmy Praxis II for General Science on the 14th. Currently I am working with autistic students and tutoring biology at the same school as I look for a full time teaching position. I would prefer to find a job teaching 7-8th grade science and get a masters in 4-8 middle grades math and science specialization. Previously I did the ESL thing for 3 years, got my teaching degree and returned to a science position that turned into a maths position at a different school in CM. Other than Prem School, most international schools in CM pay about 50-70k Baht/month vs Bangkok 70-100k and up to 180k. My goal is to earn 50-70k via income properties and pick a school I want to work at vs need to work at for the pay. I would like to pull in a combined 120-150k a month, live on 50k and save 100,000thb/3,000usd a month for retirement.
>>
>>956459
Yup, and I would like to add that motorcycle riding in the North is glorious. So many repaved and new roads throughout Phayao, Nan, and other areas. Personally I think CM has been built up too much in the last 10 years, mostly due to Bangkok Thai's moving there after the flooding in BKK. However it is still pretty chill. There is a MUCH larger expat community too, and for some reason they are very insulated for the most part.
s for Bangkok, I felt the same way util I dated a girl in Bangkok for a year and got to vist there a lot more with a local who knew cool places to go. I would still choose CM everytime. Though I really wish I could find a way to live in Kwan Phayao and make enough money there.
>>
>>956188
>Your last sentence is something I've tried to emphasize in the past to people that complain about blacks being with "ugly" or overweight Asians, is though the chciks may be unattractive to you, that is the type of woman they like. And the type of Asian chick your typical weaboo is attracted to, most black guys find unattractive. So really everyone is winning.

This is an amazing way of looking at things, I honesty never thought about it like that. It can only really help everyone find the perfect type for them too.
>>
>>956459

Would you recommend a solo traveler to spend few days there? Are there other "less known" awesome places in Thailand? How do you find stuff to do?
>>
>>956901
Yes. There are a few cool place in and around CM, you could make a week out of it. Also check out Phayao, there you can check out Kwan Phayao and Phu Langka on the way to Nan. Khao Kho Petchabun is frequented by Thai tourists but not really Foreigners. Check out Wat Pha Sorn Kaew there as well.
A list of random things, popular and not, in CM are:
Wat Umong
Pai
Chiang Mai Grand Canyon
Doi Suthep and Doi Inthanon
Doi Ang Khan in Fang
Eakachai Houseboat
Chang Dao
If you can ride a motorcycle (I'm talking 250cc and up, not a scooter) Rent one for a week and take a loop of Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, and Phetchabun. Pic included is the borer of Nan and Phayao new Phu Langkha The mountains in the way back are Laos.
>>
i've googled this but i would love some first hand stories/experience.

Where are you from/live and how much did the weather in thailland shock you?

Canadian here and i sweat buckets at 26-30 degree celsious. i don't mind sweating but i know thailand is alot hotter and i wonder if i would even be able to cope to have fun and drink without dieing of dehydration
>>
>>956917
Took awhile to get used to. The first time I stepped off the plan in Chiang Mai and it was 90 in Early January it was a shock. I was also 40lbs heavier then at 205lbs. I dropped down to 155-60 and eventually got used to the heat to the point where I lived without AC for the last two years I lived there. I also wore leather and kevlar while riding my motorcycle. It's not that I stopped sweating, I just got used to it all.
I am from the Philadelphia region of PA in the US.
>>
Haven't been to thailand in over ten years. and then, it was mostly stopovers for a day or two.
Considering going back there, now that i'm finally divorced and free.

Thx to all of you guys posting up to date info.
Specially to the black dude posting in this (and the older) thread. My, times seem to have changed.

Also, amazing that stickman is still around...

Besides everybodies favorite bar, insomnia, what are the best soapies and oil massage parlours currently? Is Eden Club in bkk still as good as it was when msr. marc ran it?
>>
considering stickman & prices

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2013/Bangkok-bargirls-barfine.htm

i think i read quite that same post from him in 02/03. dejavu
>>
where do go today when i want just a nice bbbj in bkk or patty?
>>
>>956188
So would a very fair skinned blonde individual be treated like a god there?
>>
>>956930
7+ years ago yeah. But tourists are the norm.
That doesn't mean you won't get any NSA action it just means the weeabo idea of the mythical white god is gone.
There are many girls who are adept at making you think it is true, but they are adapt at running their own games on people. I remember being in internet cfes the years before every girl had a cellphone. Multiple girls would be video chatting to multiple guys at a time. This was when you ran a webcam and typed, not chat like Skype.

Hang out in tourist areas, you will find Thai girls who are into you if you are in decent shape, just use protection.
>>
>>956929
Lots of forums dedicated to bar girls. I believe they rate places and probably have threads on specific girls. Probably a good bet for what you want.
>>
>>956931
Ah, fair enough. Thinking about going to thailand eventually and I'm blonde and very fair skinned. Hopefully get some action without paying. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>956933
Before going to Thailand get on ThaiFriendly, get a LINE account. Chat up chicks from the area you are going to.before you get there. When you arrive you have a built in tour guide and have already laid the groundwork to get laid.

More advice in these articles and comments on ThaiFriendly:

http://www.thailandredcat.com/how-to-date-girls-from-thai-friendly/

http://afarangabroad.com/find-thai-girlfriend
>>
>>956929
>>956932
And if you have a strong stomach for depressing environments, there are "bars" (they do serve drinks, but they're more like a weird kind of spa) in BKK and presumably also Pattaya that specialize in providing exclusively that kind of service on premises; see the gross and lurid, but pretty informative, http://www.vice.com/read/i-went-to-a-blowjob-bar-in-bangkok-thailand for one example.
>>
>>956936
>http://www.thailandredcat.com/how-to-date-girls-from-thai-friendly/
ThaiFriendly is great fun. Because it's full of old guys asking for naked pics from the get go a young decent looking guy with decent manners can quickly end up with a different date every night. That doesn't mean sex, but you can tell from profile pictures and how girls present themselves who are more likely willing to have sex vs bringing friends along on their first date.

But there are lots of girls doing something similar. While you are looking for a girlfriend to travel with, they are looking for a free vacation. Just a girlfriend experience service where you aren't paying them directly.

I can't believe I forgot about TF.
>>
>>956930
>>956931
>7+ years ago yeah. But tourists are the norm.
Longer ago than that, my friend. I'm an ancient person who's been spending regular time in Thailand for more than 25 years and I've never seen much pronounced 'white god factor.' You'll be exotic in rural locations, to be sure, and some naive girls might find that intriguing (when I was living in an out-of-the-way spot in northeastern Thailand during the mid-1990s, at least two extremely sheltered village-girl-in-the-city bumpkin teenagers I ran into regularly seemed kind of infatuated with me, albeit probably not in a serious romantic way), but anywhere tourists go, they've seen blonds before, and white skin hasn't equaled "inherently attractive guy" to most women in Thailand for many decades. Some girls do simply like foreigners, of course, but farang are not, in general, considered especially aesthetically pleasing to most people--the local attractiveness ideal is more likely to be a half-Thai TV host or a Korean pop star. And Thailand's been at least a lower-middle-income country for more than 20 years, so it's not like someone with a few hundred dollars in his wallet is going to blow minds. Nobody but a peasant or a blue-collar girl with no prospects is going to be all that excited by the prospect of a random tourist's money except for a serious gold digger, and unless you're a multimillionaire in your home country your wealth won't be that impressive in Thailand even if you are better off than most locals.
>>
>>956942
It's more about nationality and wealth associated with it than color. Tell a girl you're from the states and she'll light up. I think I remember some Asian American dude in one of these threads saying the same thing. It's all so superficial though that it's really just a turnoff.
>>
>>956939
>That doesn't mean sex, but you can tell from profile pictures and how girls present themselves who are more likely willing to have sex vs bringing friends along on their first date.

The girls that do the webcam vids, have cleavage showing in there profile pics and such. Basically, the less conservative they dress/act, the more likely to put out. But don't confuse friendliness/sense of humor with likelihood to have sex. Thais in general are pretty big jokers and like to have a good time, culturally. "Sanuk" and all that.
>>
>>956957
Knowing about Thai culture, I don't see it as much superficial, as practical. Even within Thai society, "can this man provide for me and my family" is a consideration when marrying. See the Thai custom of "sin sod": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_price#Thailand

And to be honest. This is less and less of a consideration. Yes, they want someone that can at the very least take care of them, but I've had Thai women choose me over rich old Italian boyfriends, and rich Arab men that saught their affection. And I'm a black American. When I asked them why they chose me over guys with "big money" why they "koon rak pom" both gave similar answers that I "good take care". Which all I did was give good dick and a good time, and showed affection. And was "pak wan", which translates to sweet mouth, which basically means silver tongue/seducer/smooth talker. In recent years I've seen time and time again where Thai women are ultimately choosing affection over finance. Even the hookers. Which from a certain standpoint a big travesty in my book. Only because in most cases I've ultimately seen the working lady taken advantage, but I guess they've been doing it for decades so maybe Karma?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425440418040.jpg (83 KB, 960x655) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425440418040.jpg
83 KB, 960x655
>>956924
>My, times seem to have changed.

That it has. Blame rap music and groups like Thaitanium and the BangBaht dudes (Thaikoon, IllSlick, etc.)

>Besides everybodies favorite bar, insomnia, what are the best soapies and oil massage parlours currently?

If you would just asked about a bar/club, I probably would've said Insomnia. Lol I keep hearing good things about Cherry Massage, as far as oil massages go.

http://cherrymassagebkk.com/
>>
File: 1425613158347.jpg (36 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1425613158347.jpg
36 KB, 313x313
I'm considering not fapping for 1 month before visiting Thailand for my first time. Staying along Sukhumvit. Good idea? Will I kill a hooker with my mayonaise truck?

>have never fucked a whore before

Pls advice 4chan /trv/
>>
File: rlyrocko.png (440 KB, 540x657) Image search: [Google]
rlyrocko.png
440 KB, 540x657
>>957731
You'll just cum in a minute
>>
>>957742
this
>>957731
also, is Thailand just full of sex tourists who want to fuck whores? If it's just horny australians everywhere, I'd rather not go
>>
>>957757
>If it's just horny australians everywhere
Yeah, the fucking Australians are everywhere. Can't swing a dead drop-bear without bonking it off some digger carrying a didgeridoo.
>>
>>957757
>also, is Thailand just full of sex tourists who want to fuck whores?

Far from it. Having said that, they're all over certain parts of the country like flies on shit, just like bogans, Russians, and sloppy Euros in other parts. It's a big country, though, and tourists (whether there for sex, drugs, or partying) often go to the same handful of places.
>>
>>957757
>also, is Thailand just full of sex tourists who want to fuck whores? If it's just horny australians everywhere, I'd rather not go
I know you're trolling/kidding, but the "sex tourists who want to fuck whores" (as opposed, I assume, to the sex tourists who want to fuck animals, or the sex tourists who want to fuck mailboxes) are effortless to avoid. I spent literal years in Thailand without interacting with the sex industry or its fans (with a few negligible exceptions). If you can manage to stay out of go-go bars or massage parlors, and restrict your movements to THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY, you'll be fine.
>>
>>957761
It's also full of Australian women who want to pay Thai women to have their babies for them.

Outsource the womb. Helps keep Aussie cunt nice and tight.
>>
>>957731
If you don't come for a while beforehand, be sure and pinch the top of the condom or there's a chance it will burst or cum will leak down the sides. Hookers really hate getting cum in them and pissing off hookers is a bad idea, they usually have guys around to handle that sort of thing.
>>
I'm travelling around SEA at the moment and getting kind of bored rolling solo. Does anyone in Thailand or surrounding countries want to buddy up?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425308609089.jpg (53 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425308609089.jpg
53 KB, 766x960
>>957731
If you know ou are keeping your first girl for LT, go ahead. If you are going ST, bad idea, as you'll nut quick, and all things equal, she'll probably try to roll when you do.
>>957757
Sex tourists and hookers are concentrated in 3 places. Bangkok, Phuket, and Pattaya. And even in these places they can be avoided, let alone in places like Chiang Mai, and Udon Thani. Even Pattaya is more than Walking Street.
>>957786
Don't know if you've been there lately, but not really true anymore. Military government shut that shit down after an Aussie couple abandoned a baby because it was a downie. Outlawed the commercial practice.
>>
Looking to take about a two week trip to Thailand in the later part of April. Money isn't too much of an option for me, but i'd rather not break my bank, (looking to spend like 7K CAD at most).

Ive never traveled before, so im a complete noob at this. Im not so much worried about what im going to do once I get there, just more about the small things about the trip. Like booking a ticket, where to stay, (i'd rather a hotel than hostel, but f it comes to it i'd stay at a hostel), changing CAD to baht, transportation, all the type of stuff. Any advice like that would be deadly. Also, any places you would suggest for someone to see that's never traveled before would be good to hear.
>>
>>957786
doesn't matter in asia anyway some of the tightest pussies i ever fucked were single mums
>>
>>957920
5.5k usd is more than enough for two weeks, over budgeting is fine but that's overboard imo. Check agoda and trip advisor for hotels and areas to sight see in. April 13th-15th is Songkran(new years) but expect the locals to start earlier as in shit will just be shut down for like a week. And expect to get wet. You're not giving us many clues as to what you like to do so anons can't possibly read your mind but what most people do is stay around Sukhumvit (major road), considered downtown/financial area of bangkok, close to just about all the major night areas. Khaosan road is further west and I think it's worth seeing atleast once. This is all BKK maybe other anons can help with the rest of Thailand. There are really good deals right now on agoda for half off a handful of 5 star hotels. I'm personally looking at Baiyoke sky hotel. Happy travels and don't be so autistic canada.
>>
>>957925
I'd like to chime in by mentioning the one and only hotel I always stay at in BKK - Sheraton. It's pretty much as perfect as can be. And being BKK, it's possible to find a good deal for it.

>perfect location (next to Asoke BTS, two blocks from Soi Cowboy)
>uber luxury
>super attentive staff
>awesome breakfast
>>
>>957958
That's pretty swanky anon. And if canadian anon was interested in that area of sukhumvit with the budget he's working with I think he should consider it. I've stayed in budget hotels near nana and will never do that shit again. My buddy and I stayed at Tune near cowboy last year. He got drunk, misplaced his wallet and completely forgot it. It was found a week later in the room under the mattress with all of his 3k intact. I'd never stay there again but if someone wanted to monger and wanted a location convenient to do so I'd rec the place.
>>
>>957958
Do they allow you to bring in whores?
>>
>>957925
>>957958
>>957986

Thanks for the info Anons, much appreciated. In terms of places to stay, i'd rather an expensive nice place rather than a cheap shitty one. So the Royal Orchid Sheraton does look pretty mint.

As for what I wanted to do in Thailand, I really don't know what all there is to see and do. I picked Thailand mostly because of the food and all the old temples and stuff like that. Shopping would be cool too, malls and markets alike. Just interested in what other people like about Thailand.
>>
>>958018
Yes they do. I have brought back a hooker from Soi Cowboy and nobody said a thing.

>>958025
Actually the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is the one I was talking about.
>>
>>957878
>Outlawed the commercial practice
Implying that that means anything in Thailand.
The prices just went up because now they have to pay bribes as well.
>>
File: lobstertaco.jpg (79 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
lobstertaco.jpg
79 KB, 500x374
Is the railway a good choice to move across the country? Let'say I'm in Bangkok and i want to go to Chiang Mai by train, would I be frowned upon?
>>
>>958655
railway is fine, seems like they havent popped of the tracks in awhile. Bout 2 years ago it came off the rails like 11 times in less than a year. Bad spirits were to blame. Because it probably wasn't poor upkeep at all..
>>
Been 3 years since I've been. What's availability like for over the counter shit like benzos/etc? Last all I had to was ask for sleeping pills, but I've heard things have been tightened up since then.
>>
>>958655
Railway is a blast. Last I went, the ground had been washed away underneath the tracks so we just went slowly and hoped everything would be alright. Then the engine caught on fire as we went up a hill so we then had to roll back a few miles to get a new engine carriage. And then train ran out of food so only the Thai were allowed to eat. All in all, the 12hr sleeper train took 25hrs to get to Chiang Mai.

Sounds like hell, but it was actually great fun.
>>
>>954731
lol ill give you soem advice

99.9% of the girls arent as hot as in OP's pic haha
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425833476287.jpg (36 KB, 749x752) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425833476287.jpg
36 KB, 749x752
>>958710
Really only some of the harder pharmaceuticals are harder to come by, but you can even find people that still sale those. I can't speak sepcifocally to sleeping pills, but I doubt they'd be a problem. Viagra and antibiotics are freely available
>>
>>958710
yeah any info on getting stuff like ventolin (salbutamol) as well? I'm bringing my own but in case shit happens I'd like to know if I can just buy it at a pharmacy.
>>
>>957846
I'll be in BKK the 24th I have the etzzz hostel booked for three days. I'm a bit of a newbie though.
>>
Is it just me, or is almost every thai girl a butterface?
>>
>>958830
I definitely agree, I haven't seen one thai face that I've found attractive.
>>
>>958830
yea pretty much all of them are like that unless they have a white father

their bodies are much better on average than whities though (unless you aren't into petite girls)
>>
>>958830
they're jungle people with jungle genetics. what do you honestly expect?
>>
>>958721
>>958866
>>958874
>>958905

I don't know, they look pretty good to me. Plenty of Chinese looking ones. I've only seen hotter women in Scandinavia, outside of certain areas in the USA. But then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. White mixed Thais tend to be the most unattractive to me. (see Chrissy Tiegen) especially the Scandinavian ones, ironically.
>>
have any body tried the russian hookers in thailand? how do they compare to the thai hookers in experience and price?
>>
>>958658
>it probably wasn't poor upkeep at all..
It never is.

>>958711
>train ran out of food so only the Thai were allowed to eat
Seriously? They told the foreigners "No food for you!"?
>>
>>955601
Pretty tame for royalty shenanigans
>>
>>958918
why the fuck would you go to thailand for mcdonalds?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1425909973604.jpg (32 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1425909973604.jpg
32 KB, 480x640
>>958957
Maybe there are things he wants to see and do in Thailand, but also may want a whore, but isn't attracted to Thai chicks?

>>958918
I've never gotten a Russian whore in Thailand, but I know they were more expensive when I lived in the Arabian Gulf. 2-3 times the price of a Thai chick. I don't know if that would hold true in Thailand. In Spain it was more or less the same fee for the Latin Americans and the Russians/Eastern Europeans.
>>
>>958910
I agree White mixed thais are pretty ugo unless they get like long features, longer nose, face, etc usually they look like a german female bodybuilder's skull was replaced with a thais it's awful
>>958830
Nope i think Thai girls are pretty cute also the Japanese agree with me they thing Thais are one of the more attractive non-Japanese people.
>>
>>958976
Are there any arab whores in thailand?
what about in the gulf? I assume no
>>
File: 2e69d1u.jpg (37 KB, 432x480) Image search: [Google]
2e69d1u.jpg
37 KB, 432x480
>>958978
You assume wrong. Though most are Moroccan. I'm guessing Lebanese as well, but only because , there are so many prostitutes in Lebanon, they are bound to export some. Haven't seen any Lebanese hookers, but did fuck a Lebanese chick. Also some locals can be found as well, though are much more rare. There is a general underground of sluttery as well. Lesbo parties, orgies, couple swapping, and things. Attached chick is a Bahraini chick who would look for random guys, Westerners only, to fuck her up the ass. I guess Catholics aren't the only one with that loophole. She only fucked Westerners, older preferably (she was mid twenties), because last time she tried to fuck her fellow Arabs they tried to take pics and expose her.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 194x259
>>954731
Any experiences from gay travelers in Thailand? Since this thread is talking about Russian, Arab, Moroccan and Lebanese whores already, I figured we can talk about money boys as well :)
>>
File: 2e69d1.jpg (37 KB, 432x480) Image search: [Google]
2e69d1.jpg
37 KB, 432x480
>>958994
I didn't clarify, the pic is the anal only Arab
>>
>>958922
>Seriously? They told the foreigners "No food for you!"?
Yep. That's Thailand. They look after their own first which is fair enough. Thankfully we were sharing a cabin with two Thai interpreters that spoke perfect English so we befriended them and they hooked us up with some food which was nice.

It's the same everywhere though. All the temples are free entry, so long as you're Thai. Farang must pay. Same for most places, the prices for locals are miniscule compared to what tourists get charged. When it's basically pennies that you're being screwed over though, you don't tend to mind.

>>958747
Aha good. Nothing like popping some Xanax and chilling on the beach for a while.

>>958764
Asthma medicine is easy to get OTC. Don't worry. Plus Thailand has pretty good clinics for stuff like that.
>>
>>957757
>also, is Thailand just full of sex tourists who want to fuck whores? If it's just horny australians everywhere, I'd rather not go

Not at all. I'm Canadian and met lots of Euros, but very few from North America. Some from Aus but the majority are Asian tourists.
>>
File: Bangkok whore.jpg (661 KB, 1920x2880) Image search: [Google]
Bangkok whore.jpg
661 KB, 1920x2880
>>958721
Most girls are average looking, like in the rest of the world. But there is a large percentage of slim/petite girls. That is the attraction.
Pic related ...
>>
>>959177
If you are the guy that took this girl out, you have more pictures, like you said. Post them...
>>
File: xQpJugD.jpg (116 KB, 808x1078) Image search: [Google]
xQpJugD.jpg
116 KB, 808x1078
>Been talking to a Chubby Thai girl I met off a foreign language website for about a week.

>She's already obsessed with me

Well that was easy.

Good thing I'm into thick asians
>>
>>959208
What website?
>>959216
You might want to delete that pic. This board is SFW. You may get banned
>>
I just left Thailand after spending 1 month all over the country.
I'm 2 days into Vietnam now, and I can already tell it is superior in every way.
Way cheaper, girls are way hotter, less douchey full moon party types, nice beaches, better quality food and an accessible culture and people to get to know and befriend.

Fuck Thailand, go to Vietnam instead.
>>
>>959226
That's all subjective. The food thing really stands out, because just yesterday I was talking to my wife about how bland Vietnamese food is compared to Thai. I found the people in Thailand more easy and outgoing in general than Vietnam. Fit with my personality more.
>>
>>959219
Is that thing with the camera a boy or a girl? Either way I want to fuck it
>>
>>959219
interpals.net
>>
>>959226
>girls are way hotter
I disagree. I found that of all the SEA countries, Vietnam had the least attractive girls percentage-wise.
>>
>>956188
>1. They prefer black guys money and are trying to emulate the culture
>>
>>956693
>This is an amazing way of looking at things, I honesty never thought about it like that. It can only really help everyone find the perfect type for them too.

Nah, niggers are just too ugly to get anything else.
>>
File: cff.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>959489
>>959491
>>
>>959219
>>959228
Sauce?
also i agree for some reason i want to bed them both
>>958997
no experience but you can find quite a decent amount about the gay lifestyle in Thailand on you tube
>>
>>959226
>Fuck Thailand, go to Vietnam instead
I find I get way more scams and people trying to sell me shit on the street and generally having to be on guard all the time in Vietnam.

I find Thailand a more relaxed country and that people are less motivated to get your money by any means possible.

In general, I like Thailand as a compromise between civilisation and the wild west (err, east). Vietnam is full of scams and touts and people who will tell you anything to get your money. It gets annoying after a while.
>>
>>959538
>>959228
>Sauce?
>also i agree for some reason i want to bed them both

It's a girl. A photographer for Thai Model Management. http://www.thaimodelmanagement.com/

Sauce is she's a friend of mine. For those that think hookers are all poor young girls, she is 35. In Thailand at the moment, just got their from California, and then back to the Gulf. She already has a bachelor in law, and is going back to school finish her masters and already has a job waiting for her in the USA at a law firm (old boss). She got married to a 32 yr old dude at 22. And moved to the USA but was divorced within 5 years. Goes to USA twice a year to visit her son, and that is what's behind her finishing her degree and moving back to the USA. She has a pimping ass crib in Pattaya. Travels all the time, and still not above making some money on her back. Though she is pretty good about finding one dude to sponsor her.
>>
>>959563
I have never been to Vietnam, but the 2 weeks I spent wandering around Bangkok last December, I saw very few scams. I walked through Patpong and didn't see any touts, and the same with The Grand Palace. I think everyone's experience is different.
>>
>>959807
Most of the scams in Thailand aren't direct. Like the "Grand Palace" is closed, or the taxi scams that direct you to a partners business. Or the jet ski where they try to blackmail you for damage.

Most "bad" scams are probably done by ladyboys
>>
>>959820
>Most "bad" scams are probably done by ladyboys
Not at all; they are mostly too mentally ill and drugged-out to do anything really nasty.

The Thai police, aka "Boys in Brown" or BiB, are the master scammers. They have the power to throw you in jail for months while they wait for your relatives to send their demanded bribe money.
>>
>>959825
I was thinking like larceny and stuff when speaking of ladyboys. Even with the cops, you usually have to be doing some genuinely shady shit and het blackmailed, admittedly they will have ringers that will encourage the shadiness, then narc u out for they're cut. Also, farang vs Thai, Thai wins 11 times out of 10.
>>
Not going to lie, kind of pissed that I took the time to answer some questions and post some stories in that other thread, and it got deleted. Maybe I should learn my lesson and just ignore those threads
>>
>>958997
I can't speak to it specifically outside of knowing gay guys who work in salons, or may even be money boys. I can't speak to the culture, but to say unless you are looking for a stud, there are plenty of gays where you shouldn't have to pay to play. A lot of Thais go both ways as well.

captcha: peopl
>>
>>959846
I don't get why sex tourism threads get deleted. I mean they're not my thing, but it's still a topic relevant to travel.
>>
>>957731
best advice is to bust a nut before you fuck, you'll last longer
>>
I'm an avid muay thai fighter in the UK but i've always wanted to live in thailand and just train muay thai. how much money do you think i would need to do this for roughly a year? (including money gained from fights, which i know won't be much).
>>
I've always wanted to visit Santikhiri, before the last remnants of Chiang-Kai Shek's lost army die off.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/world/asia/in-remote-thailand-the-lost-soldiers-of-the-kuomintang.html?_r=0
>>
>>959855
Unless you got a visa from one of the few gyms that offer it, you won't be allowed to stay for a year. Those gyms charge a lot more as well. 1000USD a month is enough to live well on though.
>>
>>959879
Wow, never knew this existed. Thanks anon.
>>
>>959855
Someone I know from my gym here in the states mentioned that Tiger Muay Thai in phuket was charging him $120 a week to train there. Tiger is famous, maybe one of the lesser know gyms will do $120 for a month.
>>
>>959855
>>959889
$1K is enough (about 32K BHT) is enough outside of Bangkok, but not in BKK. Especially if you are factor in paying for the school

Shoot for 50K BHT or more. About, $1.5K/ month. You can stay for a year, but you will just have to do visa runs. There are businesses that specialize in visa runs. You pay hem, they handle transportation and everything.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1426102594858.jpg (45 KB, 704x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1426102594858.jpg
45 KB, 704x960
>>959846
>>959852

>I don't get why sex tourism threads get deleted. I mean they're not my thing, but it's still a topic relevant to travel.

But "post your travel photos" and "guess where I took this picture" and "how do I runaway from my shitty life" threads are more relevant to travel. In fact, I see no difference in the ,"What country should I study abroad" and "What country should I go pay to fuck chicks" threads. Both are travel advice. The only explanation is that the mod, or whoever is reporting the threads, is a "real traveler" and sex tourism doesn't qualify as travel related in their minds.
>>
>>959903
Sorry, I should have said not including the training, and 32k even in BKK is doable, but much easier if you know about living in Thailand and how to keep down costs. You are right about it being enough outside though.
>>959928
I think there should be a sex tourism thread., because every thread about Thailand ends up about sex tourism. I'm not against it, but I have no interest but obviously others do. We should have a sex tourism thread or even regional one.
>>
>>959928
Just me guessing, but it might have something to do with this being a "work safe" board. This particular topic might be more likely to invite content that would violate that rule, and get the thread trimmed.
>>
>>959930
>Sorry, I should have said not including the training, and 32k even in BKK is doable, but much easier if you know about living in Thailand and how to keep down costs. You are right about it being enough outside though.

A couple of articles about living in BKK for 30K BHT (about $910) and $1K

http://www.ajarn.com/ajarn-street/articles/how-far-does-a-30k-salary-go-in-bangkok

http://afarangabroad.com/2014/04/living-thailand-1000.html
>>
>>959928
>tfw as a kid it was amazing to travel abroad and see something totally different
>tfw as an adult realize how easy it is to get laid over seas
>tfw married and dont really want to travel much anymore.
>>
>>959928
We need a daily sex tourism thread
>>
File: 1363389100827.jpg (22 KB, 436x365) Image search: [Google]
1363389100827.jpg
22 KB, 436x365
I've recently just turned 22 and broke up with the gf, I've got some money together and was thinking about just spending a month in Thailand and just getting everything out of my system.

Not interested in Drugs or Prostitutes, just want to bang as many young college girls as I can before I get too old for it. I've already spent time in Korea and it was easy mode compared to back home, I'm guessing it's even easier in somewhere like BKK where social media is everywhere
>>
>>960075
Thai girls except for the prostitutes are extremely conservative. If you aren't going for the cheap whores you wont be getting your dick wet without going on atleast a few chaperoned dates and courting her for a while.
>>
I've noticed Thai girls can get attached very easily.

I've been talking to a few on a language exchange website and just being friendly, minimal flirting and they've all fallen for me.

One even asked me to be her boyfriend after a week of talking to her -_-

I'm not even white, this is crazy.
>>
>>960075
>just want to bang as many young college girls as I can before I get too old for it

you've got like 10 years before that happens
>>
>>960088
Papasan? Give us moar tips, please. Goid thai restsurant places un BKK?
>>
>>960075
Share SFW pucs heres and nudes in /s/
>>
>>960088
Is it easy to have bare back sex with bar girls whores and random girls? Or how much they charge?
>>
>>960088
>Thai girls are extremely conservative

Only in Public in front of other people, outside of that girls will differ like all other countries
>>
>>960088
>>960105

That wasn't papasan but this is. The above poster's statement is generally true. But the exceptions are easy to spot and be had. Just be aware you aren't the only one who had it. In addition, Thai dudes are shit, so though it will take a "pak wan" you can pressure/talk a woman out of her draws that is into you. Social media is huge. As I previously stated, go on Thaifriendly, get yourself a LINE account. Start networking with Thai chicks on FB and such.

Go for the ones that are obviously faranf enamored. Posting stuff in English. Showing cleavage. Doing the sexy dance videos that you see on YouClip and YouLike and such. Those are the ones that will give it up. (Also the ones you can usually turn into a moneymaker, but that's another story.)

As the world over, single moms, are more likely to be down as well.
>>
>>960126
Average single mom in Thailand¿
>>
>>960126
What are gestures that can flatter and gain trust from whores easy girls in Thailand? Is common raw fucking?
>>
>>960126
Whatsapp not popular there¿
>>
Anyone traveled there during rain season?

I've got to choose between April and July- August.

im mainly concerned about not being able to do somethings like trekking ( not going there for the money fucks ) and doing other stuff in SE countries like malaysia or Laos.
>>
>>960227
Do you want to join in on the Songkran activities? Yes? Go in April.
Rainy season isn't always pouring, usually a morning and afternoon rain. The islands might get hit by a multiday storm though.

>>960088
Yeah... No, just like every other girl in every country they are each different. You have girls who act conservative and put out easily and some who dress provocatively but won't.
>>
>>960089
>talking to a few on a language exchange website
What do you think they're there for?
Why do you think they're learning English?

>>960109
>Is it easy to have bare back sex with bar girls whores and random girls?
Why would you want to? Are you a moron?
>>
>>960179
>What are gestures that can flatter and gain trust
Go back to your H games. Human girls don't have a walk-through.

>>960227
Go delete your posts in the last thread, dude.
>>
File: SL371987.jpg (1000 KB, 2304x3072) Image search: [Google]
SL371987.jpg
1000 KB, 2304x3072
>>
>>960179
If you can learn a bit of Thai or make an attempt, that can endear you. Basic shit, like suay mak (very beautiful), na rak mak (cute), aroy (tasty). Mak means very. gin hoy (eat pussy, literally eat clam). Last one is a joke. Caveat, some chicks are anti farangs speaking Thai and don't want their men to speak Thai, but these are also typically the ones that want to be a farang so bad. Also be warned, the first question if you know too much s "you have Thai girlfriend?" So have an excuse for that one. You don't want to be seen as abutterfly, even with the whores, if you're trying to game. Butterfly is slang for a player. Like a butterfly you fly to one flower, get a taste of honey, then to the next flower.

Another tip that is ggod for whores, but works with chicks in general, is just treat the whores like regualr chicks. Meaning when you get them back to the room don't just jump imto bed. You have enouh time, trust me. Ask them were they are from, make conversation. Offer them a drink. Ask them to show ou some Thai music. Get hem to relax. Then fuck the shit out of them. Next thing you know you paid for ST, and they are there all night, Especially if they don't have a mamasan to answer to, or aren't under contract. Basically treat like you are trying to hit it, like a normal chick, not like it's already in the bag.

>>960181
It's used, but Line is the app of choice because of games, stickers, and video calling.

>>960229
>Do you want to join in on the Songkran activities? Yes? Go in April.
>>960229
Co-sigb April/Songkran. Water parties are the shit. Not a great time for whoremongering, because many girls go home to their villages/cities, but still plenty and great fun otherwise.
>>
>>960258
Motherfucking cookie run master right here.
>>
>>960109
Beach road freelancers. But that's like I have terminal cancer and will die soon territory.

>>960075
If you don't want to pay it'll be a hell of a lot easier just to fuck aussies and ruskies. A thai girl w/o pay is gonna end up like a wife.
>>
>>954731
Why would anyone want to go to Thailand? Especially now?
>>
>>960258
Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned, and this Anon would agree. Fucking dress decently and wear deodorant. Most thai girls hate the beer Chang wife beater, board shorts, and flip flops look. Clean yourself up, even if you're paying, cause if they don't really want to fuck you, you will pay more.
>>
>>960258
>Next thing you know you paid for ST, and they are there all night
Sound awful. I pay 'em to leave, not stay.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-03-13-07-0.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-13-07-0.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>960293
Agree. Because of how I dress, I constantly got the, "I didn't think you were American" when they first met me. I get that in Europe, too.

>>960339
Multple fucks and breakfast. They'll even do the dishes. Get a tour guide/gf out of it for a few days if you want. Especially if you want to get out of BKK/Pattaya

>>960283

>If you don't want to pay it'll be a hell of a lot easier just to fuck aussies and ruskies. A thai girl w/o pay is gonna end up like a wife.

I can't disagree with this, but that's what some are looking for. I will say though they will act wife like, if you tell them to roll, they will roll. Hurt feelings aside. They'll just go rant about it on Facebook. Pic related.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-03-13-07-07-43.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-13-07-07-43.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>960392

Also pic related. And this is just in the past few days. Shit is constant on my timeline

The chick in my last post is a regualr girl, regukar job. This one is a "working girl"
>>
>>960291
Whuts wrong with it?
>>
>>959828
>with the cops, you usually have to be doing some genuinely shady shit and het blackmailed

Not at all. They will stop tourists and demand that you show you have your passport on you as required by law. No passport? Fine! No, that doesn't mean ok, that means PAY A FINE, stupid farang.

Rent a jetski or a bike? The cops are in on the scam when the rental guy says you broke it. They aren't going to try to play fair, they are going to arrest you until you pay up.

I haven't heard much about the "zig-zag scam" lately; they were arresting people for walking around in duty free shops carrying things from point to point within the shop, because one side of the shop was (supposedly) a different shop from the other side, and by carrying the merchandise across an imaginary line on the floor, you "stole" it.

Now, if you buy drugs off an undercover cop, yes, you are going to pay thousands. But you also get to pay thousands for the jetski scam and the "you stole that!" scam, and usually thirty to a hundred dollars for the "papers please" scam or whatever other excuse they come up with.

And yes, hookers will steal your wallet and your camera and so on. So what, that costs a LOT less than any of the cop scams might. Welcome to Thailand.
>>
>>959879
Better hurry; the minimum age of those guys is at least 75, probably older. Think about it -- 2015 - 1949 = 66, and figure they weren't drafting nine-year-old boys.
>>
>>960409
Hello? Military dictatorship?
>>
>>960414
It doesn't affect tourism in any way.
I was there for the military rule in 2007, didn't even notice. Also, the military answers to the king, so he's the HNIC. Got a problem with monarchy?
>>
>>960414
It's irreverent man
>>960419
this guy is right the king is still at the top plus the democratically elected peeps before that were Chinese shrills and not good for Thailand either they had to be removed
>>
>>960412
it can't be that bad otherwise people wouldn't be crawling all over the place like ants, right?
>>
>>960258
Thanks for the tips, papasan
>>
>>960339
How much for a whole night? The whole week? Are they more open to cuddle and GFE?
>>
>>960412
These scams might exist but I've been in Thailand for 6 weeks now (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ko Samui, Ko Phangan) and have never encountered it. It would be a disservice to anyone to listen to this and decide not to go.

Pic related, view from my $60/night room in Ko Samui (admittedly I did splurge a little. Worth it)
>>
>>960442
Very nice view
>>
Why do so many girls in Thailand have braces? Seems to be a lot higher than somewhere else
>>
>>960627
Their jaws develop so fucked up, because of sucking dicks daily from young age.
>>
File: 1421233758710.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1421233758710.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>960640
what do braces have to do with jaws?
>>
>>960442
How is the place (hotel, apartment, etc) called?
>>
>>960642
asian jaws are too small to accomodate their teeth, hence they have higher incidence of dental problems. lrn2biology
>>
File: FB_IMG_1426339910909.jpg (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1426339910909.jpg
34 KB, 640x640
>>960627
>>960627
Cheap medical/dental. The reason it's also a popular medical tourism destination. It seems so many, because unlike other places where it is something you do as a child, there it is something you do for youself as a adult with your own money.
>>
>>960646
Ban Sua Samui. Just a note that while the view is amazing, it's pretty much in between Lamai and Chaweng, two of the best beaches, and the area the hotel is in doesn't itself have much around it. You'll definitely have to rent a motorbike to stay here, and the hotel is up on a very steep mountain so take that into account if you have a lot of luggage... (hard to bring it all up and down on a motorbike)
>>
>>960088
What are you talking about? I just got back from Thailand and went on dates with about 7 Thai girls. I banged all of them but 1 after the first date. It's super easy mode. Just bring them out somewhere nice and have dinner/drinks together. Maybe go out for some dancing after if that's your thing and then ask them back to your place to "watch a movie". I got 1 girl to bring me to a rooftop bar because I wanted to check it out for myself but you don't even have to bring them to THAT fancy of a place either, or pay for all of the drinks.
>>
If I wanted to stay a few days in one spot, can I get better deals by booking in advance or just picking a place and walking in?
>>
To the OP in the other Thailand thread

Pattaya, walking street to be honest is the best place to go if you want prostitutes. You can't take pictures with them but its still certainly worth your money. If you're looking for entertainment away from the more tourist locations Koh Chang is excellent for activities as well as chilling out on the beach. Weed pretty dangerous in Thailand especially if you're not a Thai citizen so I'd still to the alcohol if possible. I'm heading over to Thailand in 3 weeks.
>>
>>960877
It's actually the worst place. It's too full of tourists. Only go to WS for insomnia and gogos.
>>
>>960884
Sorry, I should have specified that I was talking about Koh Chang when I mentioned that. You are right about walking street.
>>
I just tasted the forbidden fruit 3 days before my fligth back and now I don't want to go back. I just wish some bahts would magically appear in my pocket so I could just go back to the bar and see my gogo girl once more. And I wasn't all that interested in the whole sex scene. Am I fucked?
>>
>>960886
Really? I'll have to give it a go before I get the fuck out of here.

>>960894
I didn't go for the sex scene either but it just sorta happened. Your problem is that you want to see "your gogo girl"
>>
>>960894
Pic of her? how did you fuck her? U still can message trough Whatsapp or other stuff.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1426456998598.jpg (59 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1426456998598.jpg
59 KB, 640x852
>>960877
>>960932
Did someone say Koh Chang?!? Good ol' Elephant Island. Great place, though I wouldn't want to go there solo. Great couple/wedding/honeymoon place. In fact, the picture of the Thai chick getting married to the Navy guy I posted earlier was in Koh Chang. Unless you are truly looking to relax/recharge, I think it would be boring, solo. A nice beach, and there are things like the fire jugglers/dancers, but a beach is a beach at the end of the day.
>>
Noob question here.

How open are thai women/prostitutes to fetish requests?

More specifically, to have them piss on me
>>
>>961110
I don't know personally, but I'd say they'd be open to that. The girls I know have seen some weird fetishes. Also, the fact they are doing the pissing. Skanky Beach Road hoes especially. I had a Thai chick ask me to puss on her, but we were dating. She also ate my ass. I remember the first time she did it out of nowhere, while giving head. Then popped up and said, "Baby, what you eat? Why your asshole so sweet? "
>>
File: i-lold-7020.jpg (15 KB, 268x320) Image search: [Google]
i-lold-7020.jpg
15 KB, 268x320
>>961117
>Baby, what you eat? Why your asshole so sweet?
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.