[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you pay to couch surf in big cities?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: snow-city-300x300.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
snow-city-300x300.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
How much do you pay to couch surf in big cities?
>>
>>950988
>pay to couch surf
I tend to pay about a sincere thank you and a neat souvenir/beer/chocolate from my country.
>>
>pay
>couch surf

what
>>
>>950996
>>950999
Wait so people let the poorest cheapest people stay in their place for free? Why?
>>
>>950988
0/5 apply yourself.
>>
>this thread
>>
>>951004 It's what losers who are too old for hostels do.
>>
>couch surfing
>pay

Toppest of keks m8 gr8 b8

I have 40 references and have no problem finding a host literally anywhere. Mostly because people want my vouch. Still, host a lot and the invites will come .
>>
>>950988

I wish I were motivated enough to draw a graph mapping the influx of trolls into /trv/ over the course of the last few months.
>>
>>951851
>>951849
I thought airbnb was all couch surfing
>>
>>952130
Airbnb is paying to rent anything ranging from a guest room to an entire house that is privately owned.

Couch surfing is staying on someone's couch or floor for free.
>>
>>951004
>>951542

Bad trolls but I'll respond anyway.

A lot of people who have enough money for hotels prefer getting to stay with a local person who can show them around. When I was living in New Delhi, I had a few couchsurfers over and received a lot of requests. I'd accept a few when I could and tried to be helpful to folks I couldn't accommodate. If you're fairly social, it's not any big weight on your shoulders - sometimes I'd get lonely in my apartment and enjoyed being able to act as a host or tour guide for a few days. Folks would get a free place to stay, and often reciprocated by cooking or buying me food and doing things like that.
>>
>>950988
the point of couch surfing is to NOT pay for accomodation, man...
>>
Would I be able to crash on a couch in a big city like Tokyo or Hong Kong for a few days without any references on the site?

Or would I end up with a creepy gay Asian guy that would try to butt rape me in my sleep?
>>
You can build up refs couch surfing by acting as a tour guide when other surfers visit your area if you can't actually put them up at your place.

You check "down to hang out" on your profile and you just meet up with people, show them a few sites and help them get acclimated.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.