[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who here has a selfie wand? What does /trv/ think of selfie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: selfie wand.png (132 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
selfie wand.png
132 KB, 300x297
So who here has a selfie wand?

What does /trv/ think of selfie wands?
>>
>>950131
As a solo-traveler and avid /p/fag I personally hate them. Just fucking ask someone to take your photo, it's very very rare that you'll be in a location all alone that would require this. I also absolutely hate people who take photos with ipads or other tablets.

I can see the selfie sticks as being good if you're into recording videos, especially of sports and extreme activities like rock climbing.
>>
>>950131
I hate them just as much as people using their tablet. Then I saw a group of Asians with iPads on selfie sticks.
>>
I own a selfie stick

Ask me anything
>>
>>950145
How far up your ass can you manage to insert it?
>>
>>950131
I'm too self conscious to make selfies and post them on the internet. Plus I'm not the kind of person that needs his god damn face on a picture of every sight or landmark just to proof that I was there.

So I never felt the need to have one.
>>
Everybody in Asia has one

They are at an amazing place or sight and instead of taking it in (or taking pictures of it for all I care), they just take 20 selfies with as little as possible of what they're actually visiting visible and then move on to repeat the same thing 10 minutes later

Do these people not get bored of watching their own faces on hundreds of pictures?
>>
File: south park serial killer.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
south park serial killer.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
>>950131
This was me on my vacation to Hawaii
Do you see?
DO YOU SEE?
>>
>>950158
>Do these people not get bored of watching their own faces on hundreds of pictures?

These are exactly the kind of photos my parents take. I always tell them to take photos of the places they visit, I do that on my trips for the most part but make sure to have a photo or 2 of me in there as well. Nope, they come back from their vacations with photos of them under a palm tree, next to a pool, on the beach drinking out of a coconut etc. Then it's like 200 photos of them in every picture :/
>>
I can't imagine getting upset, or even giving a fuck at all,about whether or not somebody else takes pictures when traveling in one way or another.

>Thy aren't even looking at the things they came to see...

...I watch them constantly, feeling pissed off the whole time., and so know this about them.

To each his own, it'd be a funny old world if we were all the same, continue liking what I don't like, etc.
>>
>>950133
>I also absolutely hate people who take photos with ipads or other tablets.

Suggest lightening the fuck up.
>>
I don't have one and don't really see the appeal, it focuses on their face and not on the background. I prefer to ask people to take a photo so I get the background better.
>>
>>950158
ha

I honestly do not understand the fascination with Asian culture on this board. They seem like the weirdest little freaks ever. Quiet, unfriendly, mousey, greedy, fiercely materialistic, and generally annoying.

The closest I've come to their part of the world has been SEA (loved it, but the hoards of Koreans and Chinese made me want to vomit) and Vancouver, Canada (dear god).
>>
>>950245
>I honestly do not understand the fascination with Asian culture on this board.
10/10 troll, pretending you're unaware of being on a Bengali origami website
>>
>>950131
1. No
2. They're for egomaniacs
>>
Essential Asia-core
>>
>>950151
x2
>>
not even ok if im solo?
>>
>>950245
>I honestly do not understand the fascination with Asian culture on this board
We're on a Cantonese carrot peeling board after all
>>
>>950272
>>950514
You couldn't be more wrong. This place is for Vietnamese punji crafting.
>>
>>950131
I've never understood the appeal of selfies in general when it comes to traveling. Do I really have to have a picture of me at a place to confirm that I was at that place? Why can't I just take a picture of the place? It just seems so narcissistic and boring.
>>
>>950131
Don't have one--I don't like photos of myself that much, so the few I take (mostly to text to family) I take with an extended arm, as nature intended. But I do have a tiny little tripod I can use for my DSLR or phone; I use it mostly for time-lapse photo videos from the windows of vehicles.
>>
>>950546
My folks are of the generation that shot "slides" everywhere they went -- I can tell you that, years later, pictures of "just the place we went" are less interesting than "here is Cousin Farkus in front of the place we went." In addition to seeing where we/they were at the time, it is also fun seeing where we/they were in life.

I'm not sure that a lot of selfies will have that same effect, but...
>>
I have one, but just to take drunk pics with my friends. Would never dream of travelling with it, it's heavy as fuck.
>>
>>950546
just to play devil's advocate, I could google a picture of most famous landmarks from any angle, but none of those pictures will have my face in them. And considering these pictures are likely destined for social media (Instagram/Facebook) rather than a scrapbook, personalizing them to me might be important.
>>
File: _71843507_pjryan.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
_71843507_pjryan.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
>>950176
>I always tell them to take photos of the places they visit

whats the point of that though? Everyone has already taken a photo of everything. You can find photos of stuff on the internet. You need selfies to prove you were there and for bragging rights on facebook etc
>>
>>950158
I don't have a wand but I find pictures that don't include me or other people to be extremely boring to go back and look at. Theres a million pictures of the pyramids, the grand canyon, Mona Lisa, etc on the internet and I find that I get about the same level enjoyment out of a random google image search as I do looking at the majority of my scenery/landmark only shots. The only time I don't skip over them completely is when they add context to a picture featuring actual people.
>>
>>950245
>Everyone in Asia is the same
I'm sure you think Africa is culturally the same too but know all the nuanced details of the state sized countries on the smallest continent.
>>
>>951268
>idiot who doesn't understand the difference between cultural norms and individual personalities
>>
>>951008
Or because you like to look at YOUR pictures with YOU in them and recall your travels.

Why does it bother you that somebody else wants to do that?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.