[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dorms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: 4542371947_02eabc7bc0_z[1].jpg (150 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
4542371947_02eabc7bc0_z[1].jpg
150 KB, 640x427
As a girl traveling solo and staying in a mixed dorm in a hostel for the first time, should I be extra careful ?
>>
Where are you going?

As a rule, no-one is going to hassle you other than idiot guys 'flirting' with you. You're probably used to that though. So yeah, unless you're going to a really bad area you'll be fine. Just use your common sense, you're probably more at risk of thieves than rapists etc.

And the obvious stuff: Don't get black-out drunk, keep an eye on your drinks, and most of all have a good time!
>>
>>934452
Germany (Hamburg and Berlin probably).

I tend to be unable to control my alcohol consumption so I might as well not drink at all I think.

Is it common for guys to put things in girls' drinks ? I thought that only happened in fiction.
>>
Are there usually a lot of girls in mixes dorms ?
>>
>>934455
Personally never seen/ heard of anyone I know being spiked but people go on about it enough that it must be happening somewhere.

Yeah Germany is safe as anywhere really. 99% of people you meet will be nice and friendly just don't be dumb and go out alone with people you just met, do drugs with strangers ya' know?

I've gone all over West Europe and haven't met someone who wanted to do me harm. You don't need to worry. Have a good time!
>>
>>934455
>Is it common for guys to put things in girls' drinks ?

Not at all, I still would exercise common sense

>Are there usually a lot of girls in mixes dorms ?

Not really, usually 1 in 3 or 4. Sometimes none. Most girls Ive seen travel with other friends or boyfriend.
>>
>>934462
>>934456
The highest number I've seen was in Amsterdam where it was about 4 girls out of about ten people. So it's not uncommon but less so than males.
>>
>>934455

If you're going to party, the amount of trouble will pretty much vary according to how hot you are and how available you make yourself seem.

If you act frigid if should be fine.
>>
>>934450
I wouldnt worry about it much more being a girl, not in the western world....but use your common sense, lock your shit up, try and avoid getting blind drunk.

Also stay in nicer hostels, paying a few euros more for a nicer place with a better atmos tends. These places tend to attract a better breed of travelers as well in my experience.

St.christophers is a fairly safe bet most places that have one; http://www.st-christophers.co.uk/berlin-hostels

Good luck, have fun.
>>
>>934450
>should I be extra careful
No, you can get away with wearing a short schoolgirl skirt, no panties, and please write in lipstick on your ass "fuck me hard here!!!"

>>934455
>Is it common for guys to put things in girls' drinks ?
Right, that never happens, which is why my ex-gf didn't get raped by her "best friend"'s boyfriend (with collusion of said "best friend" setting her up) and go fucking batshit crazy.

Enjoy your sheltered life, princess.
>>
File: 1418960420206.png (60 KB, 608x668) Image search: [Google]
1418960420206.png
60 KB, 608x668
>>934514
By the sounds of it, your girlfriend had a better time getting raped than you did hearing about it.

Maybe she enjoyed it :^)
>>
I'm a guy who has stayed a fair amount in mixed rooms. As odd as it may sound to inexperienced people, having a hot girl in your room can actually be a bad thing. One time a girl came back to the room drunk, with a guy, and they fucked on the bed. The other 3 of us were obviously woken up and not pleased. A common occurrence is also that hot girl taking the bathroom/shower to herself for one hour or more to make herself up in the morning.

Anyway OP, you will be fine if you are in Europe. Don't bring back a guy and fuck on the bed, and don't hog the bathroom for yourself for an hour, and it's all fine.
>>
>>934456
I've been to places where in a 6 bed mixed dorm I was the only guy... A lot of hostels these days offer female-only dorm rooms and it's likely that if a girl (like OP) is afraid of sleeping in a mixed dorm she'd stay there.

Also, if I have the option, I never stay in male-only dorms. I seem to find it much easier to connect with girls on my travels and found that a lot of male dorms are for "bro-dudes" who travel with their friends and don't really interact with others. From my experiences girls are also more quiet and considerate when it comes to packing shit in the mornings or turning lights at night.
>>
>>934450
If youre concerned, check for all girl dorms. There are in Berlin, I know that and I suppose its the same for Hamburg.

Then again, the beauty of it is also (but only the slightest) danger: Meeting strangers.

Oh and drinks-wise: Roofies are an issue in Germany, not a big one though. It depends where you go, clearly. But with almost perfect certainty - you should be fine. Once more, if youre concerned: Buy a beer ina bottle and cover the opening with your thumb when youre not drinking. Dont buy Becks, because its distgusting and you'd wish to be roofied.

Bon voyage
>>
Been to both hamburger and berliner as a solo female backpacker and it was totally fine.

Berlin is the best. And i walked around at night a few times and never felt creeped out, andi never got creeped on at the bars i was at. I never went to da club or w/e u kids are calling it these days so i can't comment on that.

as a general note, if you like beer for the love of god go to brauhaus mitte. The food is shit so Dont even bother, but the beer is probably the best i have ever had.

Depending on which side of the main train station your at in Hamburg, it can be scuzzy as fuck. So if you're going to hang around stay by the shopping areas or avoid hamburg because (imo) i thought it was pretty meh.

Don't be worried about mixed dorms, but if you travel during the winter there will belike a 3:1 ratio of males to females so everything is extra farty

As for having shit put in your drink, same rules apply every where, Don't be a moron and leave it unattended and Don't get blackout drunk while out even with buddies
>>
>>934634
>everything is extra farty
Implying girls don't fart.
>>
I stay in female only and mixed dorms and it's completely fine. I've found that female dorms tend to be a lot quieter - there's less chance of getting a monster snorer if that kind of thing bothers you.
>>
>>934500

OP i stayed at st Christopher's for over a week and can verify thats its pretty quality. Theres no wifi in the rooms unless your lucky and are in the far corner where you can steal another buildings. Its right next to the subway, and close toalexanderplatz a rewe and other cool stuff.
>>
>>934455
>Is it common for guys to put things in girls' drinks ? I thought that only happened in fiction.
It's far more common than you think, at every class level, country, and type of person. Play it safe. Buy all drinks yourself, preferably bottles opened in front of you. I would be wary of anyone that appears off or too interested in you. I would suggest not drinking in a club, but only in a restaurant, or a place you chose to dine at. I'm serious. If I was alone, as a female,I wouldn't be in a hostel, but a private room at a business hotel of American ownership. I'd probably take on the air of someone not even interested in men, and I'd certainly wear frumpy sweatpants and such in a sleeping bag. Drinking, I agree, is probably just something you can skip if that's your co-ed situation and you don't make some middle aged old maid friends for the evening out.

Need a socially acceptable reason not to drink? Flu symptoms, a day spent in the sun and feeling dehydrated, a migraine headache coming on, an ulcer you are babying, medication that prevents it (say liver metabolized medication), or feign an A.A. membership if the pressure is tight. Religious reasons is the last excuse you should give, though you can talk about how bad the drinking was in your family, so you're assured your gene pool is defective for addiction.
>>
>>934450
tits or gtfo
>>
File: 1392852698195.jpg (73 KB, 692x414) Image search: [Google]
1392852698195.jpg
73 KB, 692x414
>>934452
>idiot guys 'flirting' with you. You're probably used to that though.
>men who flirt with women are idiots
>flirting in quotes
m'lady :)
>>
>>934450
The biggest issue that you're going to have in a mixed dorm is changing in front of guys.

What girls do varies but many change underwear under the covers or in the shower after showering, then change clothes fairly openly.

I have seen girls just change openly without giving a shit, if guys are cool about it then it doesn't need to be an issue and it's not like these people are going to be telling everyone you know that they saw your tits. Most will just notice and then not care, we've all seen tits before.

I've been the only guy in a dorm and left for a few minutes so everyone could change quickly. Usually I just ignore any girls changing, it's not like I'm trying to pick up every girl I see.
>>
>>934726

>we've all seen tits before

y-yeah bro haha d-definitely
>>
>>934726

I haven't, and I'm almost 28.
>>
>>934737
You're like, gay,or something, right?
>>
>>934450
You should, but you're gonna act like a slut anyways so what's the point
>>
>>934726

b-bags of sand haha r-right
>>
>>934741
Nah, just really ugly and mildly autistic.
>>
>>934726
this more or less. White and asian men are civilized. I doubt you'll be going to a hostel full of 100% black people.

further, many places have other places you can change. women's sinks, showers, many beds have curtains where you can change.

NBD.
>>
File: trv.jpg (48 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
trv.jpg
48 KB, 511x511
>>934737
>>934748
I know that feel dude... same age and everything, but does a strip club count?
>>
>>934460
I've met girls traveling solo in mixed dorms before. They're fewer in number but I've never seen anyone bother them before. In some respects, if you're in a larger dorm, the environment is less intimate and people are less likely to bother - odds are in a 48 bed dorm, you aren't the only girl.

Just keep your head screwed on and you'll be fine.
>>
>>934450

only if you're hot
>>
>>934634
> I never went to da club or w/e u kids are calling it these days
>The food is shit so Dont even bother

you tasteless creature
>>
>>934450
Oh, also, most dorms will have either shower blocks for each sex or depending on the door, a shower in the room. I don't think I've been to a dorm where the shower didn't lock if it was in the room though. As a rule of thumb, keep an eye on the door though, I guess and also your valuables, even while in the shower. Don't just leave your important stuff lying in a locker room.

imo, you can get away with showering once every two days or so while traveling, unless you're pretty sweaty/sweat a lot, no-one cares much.

Also, take ear plugs, you'll need them eventually.
>>
>>934726
>I have seen girls just change openly without giving a shit, if guys are cool about it then it doesn't need to be an issue and it's not like these people are going to be telling everyone you know that they saw your tits. Most will just notice and then not care, we've all seen tits before.
You've got it backwards bud. It's fucking trashy shit when girls do that. Change in private; when I'm at a hostel I don't want to see chicks walking around their tits out. I realize there are nights when everyone is fucked up and it's whatever, but honestly I've seen "free-spirited" hippy whores literally walk around common rooms half naked. It's obnoxious and contrived - you know half the time they're just doing it to get a rise out of people.
>>
>>934820
>tfw when you are traveling and haven't showered in 12 days
>>
>>934691
oh just shut the fuck up ya pessimistic, sexist (to men and women) cunt.

She needs to be sensible. that is all.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>934821
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>934691
Why does the establishment be of American ownership you fag?
>>
>>934821

Wow. Hey, some hotels are really cheap you should stay there and stay away from hostels aye bud
>>
All these tips about safety are good, but the real risk in hostels is theft and that can happen to anyone regardless of gender. Make sure your valuables are either on your person or locked up at all times, just being in a locked room isn't really enough because then staff might also take it. You can sleep with stuff under your pillow, just make sure it's well under there because I've heard of people having stuff taken from there while they were sleeping on it. I'm not saying that theft is super common, but if you don't get good habits sooner or later something might go missing.
>>
>>934450
Lots of shit answers here.

The short answer is you'll be fine. I've met plenty of solo female travellers in mixed dorms. It's normal as fuck. Germany (I live here) is pretty safe. German men are pretty passive and robotic, you won't have any real troubles. I'd be more worried about other tourists than the Germans, tbh. I mean, be sensible, standard precautions but don't worry unduly. Don't accept any drinks you didn't see opened/made before your eyes and that haven't left your sight.

Hamburg can be pretty scuzzy, but it's also famous for that reason. It's also way less pretentious than Berlin.
>>
>>935026
When I was traveling, I had two money belts for this reason, one I'd wear against my skin with CC/money/other important things that I didn't need to access regularly and would only take off when showering (I'd put it in a waterproof bag and string it up behind the shower along the curtain railing where I could see it and it wouldn't get too wet before I was done). At night I'd loosen it off a little but it stayed under arm.

The other had my passport and a small amount of cash. At night, I'd take it off (wore it over t-shirt) discreetly and loosely loop it around an arm and sort of cuddle into it, with my back facing away from others.

TL;DR, when you're sleeping, try to place your valuables in such a way, that a would be thief would wake you up while trying to steal them - that is, if you decide to sleep with your valuable on your person.
>>
>>934450

I sleep naked in a mixed dorm, so I hope you won't mind seeing my Scottish meat flapping about!
>>
>>934571
>One time a girl came back to the room drunk, with a guy, and they fucked on the bed.

Bullshit, hostels don't let you "bring guests back".
>>
>>934634
>As for having shit put in your drink, same rules apply every where, Don't be a moron and leave it unattended

Why do girls finish their drink if something is put in it? In South Africa a guy put something in my beer, I could tel because after a big swig I was hammered, I just didn't finish it and left.
>>
>>935399
Guy could have been sneaking in or been from another room...I have seen plenty of action in hostels, so there surely are ways
>>
>>934452
>other than idiot guys 'flirting' with you
why does flirting make somebody an idiot? its common when traveling and girls do it as well. dont be so autistic
>>
File: manny.jpg (41 KB, 295x312) Image search: [Google]
manny.jpg
41 KB, 295x312
>staying in a mixed dorm
>4 girls, 4 guys
>mfw all of the girls snore
>>
>>934969
>>934975
I think that was bait.

Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure. So it was good bait.
>>
>>935399
If it's not a local pro, they're not going to notice any random foreigner coming in, they'll assume it's a guest they haven't personally seen before.

If they even notice.

A hostel will turn over 20 people a day sometimes and the desk clerk isn't going to recognise every new arrival.
>>
>>935398
>sleep naked in a mixed dorm
I do too, I just slip on boxers under the covers before I get up.

>>935414
>from another room
Or from the same room. My one hostel fuck was like that, and actually it was a girl I saw getting changed one morning. We were both late getting up and everyone else had left already so we were the only ones in the room when she was getting changed. I admired her tits and she caught me looking and shrugged, then I smiled and waved her over and we made out and then fucked quietly in my bunk. I don't think we actually spoke a single word the entire time.

My capture for this thread has been all things like 'Leviticus' and 'filthiness'.
>>
>>934455
People in my hpmetown get spiked att but it's usually just shitskin muslim G's who need to resort to drugging a woman to sleep with her.

>tl;dr keep an eye out aroung muslims.
>>
My aussie friends always get bottled beers and put a finger inside the hole, so that no one can roofie them.

Stuff can happen and I'm extra cautious in some places as well, even being a dude.
>>
>>934450
As a woman, you should probably be extra careful whenever you leave your house.
>>
As a bit of a bitter aside. You should really take the girls only room. Partly because you would feel safer but mainly because those fucking rooms are always half empty while guys can't get a place for the night.
>>
>>934821
A chick did that once at a hostel I was staying at in Pai. She sure did get a "rise" out of me ;^)
>>
>>935401
Roofalin has an extremely strong recognizable taste. Like cold, liquid nickel.
No fucking clue how bitches get spiked and don't notice.
"Hmm my vodka redbull taste like a thermometer broke in it... oh well YOLO!"
>>
>>936333
Reminds me of the time I slept on the couch in the commonroom of a hostel in Zhuhai outside a *literally* empty female dorm.
At least they only charged me 5 kwai.
>>
>>934821
Sluts gonna slut maaaaan :^)
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.