[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to go to Chernobyl, more specifically i want to go where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: cherny.jpg (32 KB, 287x320) Image search: [Google]
cherny.jpg
32 KB, 287x320
I want to go to Chernobyl, more specifically i want to go where ever the fuck i want in the exclusion zone without the need of a guide/guided tour and i kinda want to go to the powerplant itself. What like license/permission do i need.
>>
Not possible, you either go on a tour, go as a film crew (extremely rare) or you sneak in and get thrown in prison very shortly after.
>>
>>927461
>implying you wouldn't walk right into one the rooms with all of the melted nuclear material (medusa/elephants foot) and die within 3 seconds
>>
>>927474
And my name is
>>
>>927475
That's not how you get cancer.
>>
>>927475
chicka chicka, slim shady!
>>
>>927485
hah
>>
I'm drunk and haven't read this thread beyond the first post but eant to register my deep interest in this subject.
>>
File: 022411_thumbs_up_cat_t.jpg (40 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
022411_thumbs_up_cat_t.jpg
40 KB, 300x250
>>927461
>Evolution in action.
>>
>>927474
>(medusa/elephants foot

They still there? And is it true they melt/destroy the cameras sent in?
>>
Well, I think you'd get arrested and you'd get cancer.
I wouldn't do it.
>>
>>927512
Hense the question I asked "What like license/permission do i need."
>>
>>927518
At the very least you'll need a degree in something nuclear related, and more than a few years working at a nuclear plant.

Even then, you will never just get to "walk around and explore". You'll always have multiple guards/guides with you, and every trip into the zone needs to be planned and coordinated.

The people guarding chernobyl aren't doing so to stop people from getting cancer, they're guarding all the shit that could be used to make dirty bombs. Nobody just gets to walk around.
>>
>>927548
There is also the chance of poor ignorant people fucking up entire cities.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

Let's just say that the amount of radioactive material was just a single capsule from a single radiotherapy machine was enough to cause one of the worsts nuclear accidents in history. Can you imagine the potential of fuckup that the material of nuclear reactors could cause?
>>
>>927461
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!
>>
File: PripyatOctober2012.jpg (71 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
PripyatOctober2012.jpg
71 KB, 720x540
My shadow in Pripyat, October 2012.

I booked a private guided tour for two days, spent the night in Chernobyl as well. I was accompanied with a car, a car driver and a guide. The driver never left the car, the guide was a very cool chick. I want to do another tour for at least 3 days whenever I can afford.
>>
>>927506
yes, you have to use a mirror
>>
File: LazurnySwimmingPool.jpg (90 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
LazurnySwimmingPool.jpg
90 KB, 720x540
>>927648
I have to go now but I will check this topic on monday, if you have any questions, ask away.
>>
OP here

I want to go to North Korea, more specifically i want to go where ever the fuck i want without the need of a guide/guided tour and i kinda want to go to the prison camps themselves. What like license/permission do i need.
>>
>>927648
>>927654

How deformed was the guide?
>>
>>927506
Of course it's still there. The material is extremely hard and tough; all cutting it up would do (besides break a lot of tooling) is to scatter radioactive dust and chips everywhere.

In 10,000 years maybe we'll be desperate enough to mine it and reprocess it.
>>
>>928793
>not even using OP's namefagging tag
Can you even tie your own shoelaces, or do you need a nanny to do that for you?
>>
u need a level IV stealth suit m8, no need to thank me
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.