[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Korea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Besides Seoul, what other Korean cities/towns are worth visiting?
>>
>>925539
Jeonju. Has a great old town area full of traditional houses. Also a lot more chilled out than seoul. Nicer accent too.
>>
B U S A N
U
S
A
N
>>
anyone been to Andong?
>>
All large Korean cities are the same. If you've been to one you've been to them all.
>>
>>925539
busan and jeju
>>
Interested in this thread. I'm planning to go to Seoul for NYE this year, good idea? Perhaps see Busan and Jeonju too. I'll be coming from Australian summer to cold Korean winter i suppose, but still keen.
>>
surely more people have been outside seoul, any others?
>>
I'm going to Changwon in February for ESL teaching. Never traveled before so it'll be some big change. It seems to be a nice city and I've never been a fan of huge bustling cities like Seattle or Portland. I'll be making 2.1 million won per month with the studio covered by the school standard.

I'm from Olympia, WA.
>>
Jesus fucking christ I wish I could post from myanmar, gyeonju,muju, jeju, suwon, busan and seoul, booom nigger dey da best.
>>
>>926858
OH fuck I forget danyang, DANYANG NIGGER DANYANG HIT UP DAT GUINSA TEMPLE,GUINSA AND HAEINSA TEMPLES ARE BOMB AS FUCK.
>>
File: IMG_6876.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6876.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>926777

all right, since you're persistent.

seoul is the best city in korea. everything a big korean city has to offer is in seoul. all other major korean cities are just mini versions of seoul, each with a twist though none with the depth of seoul.

busan is seoul with beaches.
incheon is seoul with an airport (and china town).
daegu is seoul in the boondocks.
suwon is old seoul, with hookers and gangsters.

if you really want to enjoy korea, go to the smaller cities.

sokcho on the east coast is a great, sedate little harbor town and a perfect gateway to exploring the beautiful seoraksan national park.
jeonju has a marvelous traditional folk village which is fun for killing a weekend.
gyeongju is the kyoto of korea (old capital with lots of interesting architecture).
jeju island is called the hawaii of korea (its called that by the koreans, of course).

and backtracking to busan and suwon:
busan is fun because it's a lot more laid back and chill than seoul. cruising the beach with a beer is always a blast (fuck winter, beer).
suwon is an older city, with more personality than seoul in my opinion. take a day to walk along the impressive and lengthy hwaseon fortress wall, built long ago to keep out the chinese (and laugh at the irony that it failed).

in the end, it all depends on your tastes. pic related: i like peace and quiet, so temples are my thing. this is a photo of the temple behind my home here in korea.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.