[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The neverending Japan General thread still goes in circles..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Dazaifu_shrine.jpg (78 KB, 874x576) Image search: [Google]
Dazaifu_shrine.jpg
78 KB, 874x576
The neverending Japan General thread still goes in circles...

As always, feel free to ask about:
>places to visit / do in Japan
>stuff to do for weeaboos
>Teaching English in Japan
>How to become Yakuza?

Info on prostitution in Japan, so please don't ask.
>http://rockitreports.com/topics/foreigner-friendly-pinsaros/

The previous thread is here: >>918552
Please refer to the previous thread (as long as it's still around) to see if your question has already been answered. Thanks.
>>
>>921466
What are some good love hotels in Kyushu?

Any ones with outstanding rooms?
>>
Whats some fun things to do for an English teaching weeaboo Yakuza while in japan?
>>
what gardens should i check out in kyoto considering that i'm going in the first week of december? i'll be in kyoto for four days.
>>
>>921471
I've only been to ones in Beppu, but they were pretty nice. Pretty much any of the love hotels on this page are good bets. If you need/want help with translations, just ask and I can do the important stuff for you.

http://www.skyclub.co.jp/beppu.html
>>
Can someone give me a really quick and dirty rundown of what train/bus services the JR Pass does and does not work with?

I understand this is probably an extremely common, tedious question so sorry in advance, but I'll be damned if I can wrap my head around bureaucracy of it all plus the Japanese transport system in general.
>>
>>921557
Everything with a JR logo except for the few exceptions they tell you about on the god damn pass page
>>
Me and my boys are planning to go to Japan in 2018. One of my friend wants to go in August. I want to as well for Comiket but I wanna convince him that we should go around March instead since it's a less busy travel season.

I also wanna go to more traditional towns and villages . Any recommendations besides the common ones like Kyoto?
>>
>>921577
>planning to go somewhere FOUR YEARS away

Haha what?
>>
>>921577
>2018
Plan closer to now, or your dream will never come to fruition
Who knows if you will even be talking to that friend in four years?
>>
So last weekend in Nagoya I found an iphone outside a club. I'd like to return it, will turning it into police in a city 30 minutes away get the job done? In other words, what's the best way to return this person's phone? It has a passcode on it.
Maybe not the best thread for this question but its worth a shot
>>
File: 1400773451741s.jpg (2 KB, 124x112) Image search: [Google]
1400773451741s.jpg
2 KB, 124x112
>How to become yakuza

Is this actually possible? Would they really accept me?
>>
File: 1398951092518s.jpg (3 KB, 79x125) Image search: [Google]
1398951092518s.jpg
3 KB, 79x125
>>921466
>Go to the prostitution link
> blowjob bars everywhere
>blowjob bars
wat
>>
File: 1416632015179.jpg (38 KB, 415x462) Image search: [Google]
1416632015179.jpg
38 KB, 415x462
>>921606
Yes. if you see a group of men in suits and gloves standing around in a city, approach them with CAUTION and say "Watashiwa yakuza ni sanka suru kotoga dekimasuka?" If you are white they will almost never deny you. Make sure you have some sort KANJI, dragon, or koi tattoo that you can show them to PROVE your dedication to the Japanese culture. My American friend joined yakuza back in 08 and is currently an UNDERBOSS in Yamaguchi-gumi over Namba Osaka. Be wary though, if you look mexican they WILL mistake you for the cartel and you will be in some DEEP SHIT. My friend from brazil once tried to get initiated and he was literally SHOT DEAD on sight because he failed to show his kanji tattoo and instead had Portuguese on his knuckles.
If you want to join yakuza my NUMBER ONE tip is to be RESPECTFUL. in japan respect gets you places. but be careful. the yakuza is a dangerous organization and if you get on their bad side you will get FUCKED man so watch OUT
>>
>>921607
prostitution is illegal in Japan (at least vaginal penetration), that's why those are more common.
>>
>>921509
サンキュー
>>
>>921609
solid advice. my uncle (who is in the yakuza btw) confirms
>>
>>921604
Obviously turning it into the koban closest to where you found it is ideal, but if it's not too far and you tell them where you found it, that's probably your best bet.
>>
>>921471
Jurassic park themed one. Google it and thank me later
>>
What is there to do at late weekdays in tokyo, I'm bored /trv/
>>
>>921682
go to some nice park and watch all dem yellow cuties. Uplaod on youtube so us poorfags can pretend like we dare 2
>>
>>921682
If you're not in Ikebukuro (only if you want whores), Shibuya, Shinjuku, or Roppongi, nothing. Even in those places now that its not summer I doubt theres anything you'll be able to find that isn't some kind of special event.
>>
Anyone ever spent time outside of the city, in a rural village or countryside? If so, what was it like in terms of cost(room/food ect.)?
I'm curious about Japan but I'm not at all interested in bustling cities.
>>
>>921699
Its boring as hell. Outside of the cities and the touristy places, Japan is barely a first world country.
>>
Would anyone have any information on programs like JET and such that aren't exclusively american or european?

Living in south america and it hurts that the only obvious option is landing one of them monbukagakushos but my japanese is still only good enough to read simple texts.

I don't browse /trv/ often so please forgive me if I'm breaking some board culture.
>>
>>921700
I'm in Nepal and right now and having a great time. The first world means nothing to me. Is it cheap? Can I vacation out there for a while?
>>
>>921700
what's your definition of a first world country? Shopping malls, STDs, gun violence, and welfare funded public housing works?

Rural japan has education systems, utilities, medical care, infrastructure, etc. etc. etc.

It's just not your playground like the rest of asia, faggot
>>
>>921703
>Shopping malls, STDs, gun violence, and welfare funded public housing works

The best places in Japan have none of those. Also traveling places to not have fun doesn't make any sense

faggot
>>
>>921577
>traditional towns and villages . Any recommendations besides the common ones like Kyoto?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groups_of_Traditional_Buildings
>>
>>921707
by what standard is rural japan third world?

You're just being an idiot

none of japan has any of the above, but it's abound in plenty of first world countries.
>>
>>921694
>watch all dem yellow cuties
>Uplaod

"cuties" are very rare in Japan:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/asianinfatuation

try Germany instead
>>
>>921695
>Ikebukuro (only if you want whores),

Go on..
>>
>>921710
/trv/ used to be not this easily trolled...
>>
>>921714
read the link in the OP, there's plenty of foreigner friendly places listed there
>>
File: ruraljap.jpg (41 KB, 335x516) Image search: [Google]
ruraljap.jpg
41 KB, 335x516
>>921710
>by what standard is rural japan third world?

just drop in a google street view outside of city centers
plenty of decaying "houses" that resemble a rusty tin can of Spam
>>
File: JapaneseKeroseneBurner.jpg (225 KB, 1327x1600) Image search: [Google]
JapaneseKeroseneBurner.jpg
225 KB, 1327x1600
>>921721

also the majority of houses are still missing central heating and use kerosene fan heaters and a kotatsu (if you are lucky)
>>
>>921704
Sorry then.
>>
>>921721
>>921727
still salty about Nanking?
>>
>>921721
>>921727
There are Koreaboo pages where you can circlejerk about cherrypicked anti-Japanese propaganda and shriek about how Japan stole everything from Korea and most definitely didn't turn it from a simian shithole into a first-world nation during Japanese rule, only to be repaid with treachery.
Get fucked, chon.
>>
>>921702

you should try WWOOFing:

http://www.wwoofjapan.com/main/index.php?lang=en

basically you have to help the farmer for some days and hours and you'll have planty of free time to go around
>>
>>921719
Oh that shit?

Yeah I've read the 4 reviews that guy did and how everyone was just busted ugly ladies. Thanks anyway.

I don't know why we even put that in OP
>>
>>921739

Not even that guy but thanks for posting this, I might end up doing this just to get a feel for the country before I go there
>>
>>921739
one of the profiles:

>Room temperture is under Zero at winter,or hundred and more fies fly around in our living room at summer.House is always messy.
>If you do not care about the matters above,please come help us.
>If you cannot speak Japanese,please help us at least a week.
>As there are no good hospitals or medical doctors in this town,and medical bill expensive,please keep your health by yourself;not staying up late, waking up at least by seven in the morning,eat a lot of vegetables.

I'm gooooiiiinnnngggggg
>>
>>921746
well that's not something that can't be helped unfortunately. It's just that blowjob bars are often foreigner unfriendly or just let Japanese people in.

But there's a few good places he reviewed as well so if you look around, you can actually find something decent
>>
>>921746
Has anyone actually found casual sex hard to come by in Japan?
>>
>>921699
Rural Japan is great, but only if you can speak Japanese as hardly anyone can speak English. The locals are so shocked when they see foreigners, but if you talk to them they turn out to be the nicest people in the world. The guy who said Japan was 'barely a first world country' has clearly never been there and is trolling. The countryside is beautiful, and there's always a mountain to hike up or bike paths to cycle along. Other than that, don't expect a lot of entertainment. The food is much cheaper than in cities, but depending on how small the town is, there might not even be any restaurants. Same with hotels/hostels too.

I would recommend doing what I did, choose a really low population prefecture (e.g. Tottori) then go to the main city, and make day trips to nearby towns and explore. Rural Japan is so nice, and the lifestyle is very far from what living in a big city is like.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.