[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/, I'm driving from Pennsylvania to Seattle over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1698x1131
Hey /trv/, I'm driving from Pennsylvania to Seattle over 3 days later this week. Do you have any sort of tips/tricks to make driving 12 hours or so a day not awful? How do you entertain yourselves on a long road trip like that?
>>
Listen to music, podcast or audiobook.
If it's too boring, convince someone to go with you so you can share your boredom.
>>
>>1110436
Make playlists for certain "moods"
When I have a long trip, I have playlists set up for
>driving in the morning
>driving in bad weather
>driving during sunset (favorite one)
>Driving at night

Makes it feel like much more of an experience, and helps you get there in the moment. Listening to NPR is pretty fun too.
>>
I did Georgia to Seattle in five days when I got out of the army, and I only stopped for a tiny bit of touristy shit - I went to the big air museum in Omaha, I went to Mount Rushmore, the Indian museum, Deadwood, the missile Silo museum in South Dakota. The rest of the time I was driving, the days I did nothing but drive I covered at least 1000 miles a day.

I guess you could do it in three days, depending on the weather. I was just fine listening to music and looking out the window. Not sure which route you're taking, but I90 through the Black Hills, the Rockies, and around Yellowstone was some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen.
>>
>>1111183
I will say that some stretches (the entire midwest) are pretty mind numbing if gazing at pastures isn't your thing. But once the mountains appeared on the horizon I was mesmerized
>>
>>1110436
I find stopping often breaks up the monotony of long distance driving.
Even though it takes me longer to get where I'am going it somehow feels shorter once I finally arrive.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.