[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post a picture of your residential area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 95
File: h1.jpg (254 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
h1.jpg
254 KB, 1200x799
Just for fun. It's interesting to see how people around the world live.

Pick a picture that is taken within 0-2 minutes walking distance of your home. Kinda lame if someone who lives in the outer parts of paris posts a picture of the Eiffel tower.

So this is where I live, it's a part of central Stockholm (Which is the capital of Sweden for those who didnt know) called Hornsbergs strand.

The area is a bit sleepy but we have like a 30 second walk down to the water from our house entrance so that's great. We have a little mini-gym made out of wood along the "beach walk", 2-3 in door gyms just around the corner, 4 min metro ride to downtown Stockholm, you can take a run alongside the water all the way into downtown Stockholm. It's really nice :)

It's very clean and calm except during summer, since during that time the area is invaded by wannabe gangsters and people from the surrounding Stockholm ghettos, and they pretty much trash the place.

Where do you live and what do you like/dislike etc about it?
>>
I live in a villa, outside the city (also in Sweden). It's all villa houses and the river flows across the garden. It's surrounded by allotments.
>>
File: deer in the backyard.jpg (105 KB, 727x610) Image search: [Google]
deer in the backyard.jpg
105 KB, 727x610
North Carolina reporting in. I'm in Charlotte, the largest cit in the state, but there is a system of "green ways" and creeks that provide forage and corridors for getting around for various critters.

Picture is in my back yard, it's been sort of fun having the deer come by, but the numbers are starting to get really high and they are on the point of becoming a nuisance. Will be interested in seeing how the city copes with it.

In addition to the deer, I've had several sorts of hawks, some racoons, possums and once a wild turkey (which is passing strange) in the yard, and I've seen foxes and coyotes in the neighborhood.
>>
File: home.jpg (212 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
home.jpg
212 KB, 1600x1200
Reunion Island here.
I live a short distance outside of the most touristic town of the island.

Pros:
Best beaches (with the island's coral reef) are a 3mn drive.
Local nightlife is much more alive than most other towns (tropical islands tend to be super quiet after nightfall).
Weather like pic related 300days+ /year (between the coral reef and the mountain as a backdrop, we have a microclimate when some other parts of the island are under pouring rain 9 months/year).
Neighborhood is quite new, so infrastructures are better than most parts of the island (water supply, powergrid, Broadband...).

Cons:
Crowded with tourists and islanders from other parts trying to escape their climate/lack of beach.
Prices in real estate are much higher than average (as a rule of thumb, think 100.000€ per room if you plan to purchase an apartment,even more for a villa).
Mainly expats from Metropolitan France like myself live here, it's kinda seen as a ghetto for rich whites, and it's true a lot of them don't even try to blend in.
>>
>>911576
What exactly do you do there? And if not job related, what made you move to Reunion anyways?
>>
File: downtown sacramento.jpg (149 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
downtown sacramento.jpg
149 KB, 750x563
>>911576
Ever been to Mauritius? I discovered it along with Reunion on google earth a year ago and have been wanting to visit both ever since.

>contributin'
I live in Downtown Sacramento, a few minutes from the intersection of two major rivers. It's not a bad place to live, but I'd rather live in SF if I could afford it. It's super cheap to live in downtown here, which is kinda nice. There is also a decent amount of stuff to do, tons if you like nature and have a car.

It's super cheap to live in downtown because they decided to destroy 5 blocks to build a stadium for a shitty basketball team that nobody has heard about. The blocks they closed were mostly a shopping mall and a few family run stores, but then all the other stores died off because of the reduced foot traffic. The few stores and restaurants remaining have discounts specifically for construction workers. It's really sad.
>>
2 minute walk away from my house here in Calgary, Alberta. This was taken last summer.
>>
>>911403

Parkdale, Toronto, Canada

This is what a non-ultra yuppie neighborhood looks like in Toronto. It is changing into hispter/yuppie land but for now it is one of the few places that still has semi-reasonable rents and isn't just overpriced and poorly built condos.

Like: no shitty condos. semi-reasonable rent. good butcher shop. right next to beautiful polish neighborhood. right next to the beach. about 30 minutes by street car to the center of toronto.

indifferent: lots of halfway houses around. but i've never had a problem with the former addicts and they possibly keep rent costs down.

Dislike: it is an "up and coming neighborhood." The yuppies and hipsters are taking over the neighborhood and bringing in horribly overpriced hipster pubs. most ethnic restaurants in the neighborhood are from India/Nepal and I don't like their food at all. Also the weather sucks.
>>
File: Parkdale-Toronto.jpg (291 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
Parkdale-Toronto.jpg
291 KB, 1024x691
>>911615

forgot the photo
>>
File: Air Mauritius routes.jpg (68 KB, 1046x619) Image search: [Google]
Air Mauritius routes.jpg
68 KB, 1046x619
>>911577
>What exactly do you do there?
I am self employed as a vocational trainer.
I have also set up an import Company, I sell Products that I've had manufactured in China to my local customers .

>And if not job related, what made you move to Reunion anyways?
- I have family here,
- Moving to Reunion for a french is as easy as moving anywhere in Mainland France (beside the cost obviously),
- I wanted sunshine

>>911592
>Ever been to Mauritius?
Yup, 3 times. It's a great place, far more touristic than Reunion and much less developed, except for the touristic infrastructures.
Both places are very nice, and if you come in the zone definitely visit both.
There are direct flight to Reunion from France (and Bangkok and Chennai but not an obvious route). Companies that reach Reunion (from France) are Air France, Air Austral, Corsairfly and XL Airways.
Mauritius however have direct flights from more places over the world (pic related).

Brush up your french if you plan to visit Reunion, it isn't as widespread as in Mauritius.

If you have serious plans to visit, you can always leave a mail address if you want to discuss it, or post any questions you may have here (maybe make a new thread no to derail this one, I'm on /trv/ every day anyway so I won't miss it).
>>
>>911633
That's very interesting--thanks for sharing.

Do you train people on Reunion or do you work remotely?
>>
File: DSC01088willows1.jpg (1001 KB, 2000x1332) Image search: [Google]
DSC01088willows1.jpg
1001 KB, 2000x1332
that's a stock image i grabbed off the web. but i live just a few minutes walk from here.

oak bay/victoria bc canada
>>
>>911658
No problem, always happy to help.
Yes I work 100% locally, I either go into the companies sites or rent conference rooms for higher rank employees.

Any question fire away
>>
File: cumberlandfussgaenger-1200.jpg (103 KB, 1200x765) Image search: [Google]
cumberlandfussgaenger-1200.jpg
103 KB, 1200x765
>>
>>911615

I'm in parkdale too. f or m?

Toronto sucks don't you think?
>>
File: Pombal.jpg (463 KB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
Pombal.jpg
463 KB, 1836x2448
I will never find anything reallistic on google so here's a pic I took myself

Guess where I'm from
>>
>>911812
Brazil?
>>
>>911805

Trying living in Buffalo. That place sucks.

Toronto has some serious issues, especially Park Dale. I mean I hate our No Frills with a passion, it is disgusting. Toronto's unemployment rate hovers around 10%, while the cost of living is sky rocketing due to local and foreign investors buying/building investment housing that sits empty. Finding a reasonably priced place to live his a hellish experience.

Not to mention all the new condos are not regulated the way they are in Vancouver so it is likely they'll be falling apart and be worth nothing in 10 years time. The CBC did a whole 1 hour show just on the the condo market in Toronto.

That being said, U of T is an amazing school. Our public transit isn't that bad (not as good as Moscow, but not as bad as the average American city). Also, Toronto does rank as having a very high quality of life, especially compared to the rest of North America. I enjoy Toronto in the summer and I like all the different neighborhood festivals but the cost of living is too high and the city is filled with spoiled trust fund children and yuppies.
>>
File: IMG_7934.jpg (1 MB, 2256x1504) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7934.jpg
1 MB, 2256x1504
Took a photo from my window. The city is very easy to guess if you look at the sidewalk.
>>
File: IMG_7933.jpg (2 MB, 2256x1504) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7933.jpg
2 MB, 2256x1504
>>911857
And even easier, look at the color of the fence and the curbs.
>>
>>911857
>>911861

I think you grossly overestimate the fame of your city's curbs.

I'm gonna guess it's somewhere between the azores and japan.
>>
>>911857
>>911861
Glasgow
>>
>>911857
>>911861
first picture has an Austrian feel to it, second picture however has cyrillic on the fence so i go with...Sofia?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Google doesn't provide much, so have a pic from my window
>>
>>911910

Shit, I don't know why it's on the side.

I live in Copenhagen, in the northwest part of the city. Nice area, the central parts can be reached within 15 minutes on bike
>>
I have some nice stuff very closely. I'll try to get something out of maps as well.
>>
>>911912
That's what I love about Copenhagen. I'm out in Valby, but heck, it's still 15-20 minutes to everything.
>>
File: MI0002516580.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0002516580.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
>>911615
fuck off.

1) Parkdale is gentrified to shit. Gastropubs, bicycle shops, and high end clothing stores, gay little overpriced hippy art cafes. It's got like 3 blocks and six buildings that are bona fide ghettos and the rest of the former flophouses are owned by civil engineers and dentists. It's gentrification hippyyuppy ghetto.

2) Are you a ghetto nig? did you sell crack? Have you been in the Don jail? Are you black? If not you are the problem. You're probably some white boy from the suburbs who found cheap rent and think that the once ghetto nature of the street gives you some kind of cred. But you're one of them. The gentrifiers. The yuppies. The latte drinking scum who are turning it into another pretentious bland neighborhood.

TL:DR:
pic related
>>
File: Residential.jpg (414 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
Residential.jpg
414 KB, 1024x661
>>911403
I have a room in one of he older neighborhoods of Groningen, there's a lot of students here.
>>
>>911939
>Canadian neighbourhood
>white people ruin it
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
File: 08.jpg (634 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
634 KB, 1000x665
Marseille, France.
I wonder when they took this photo, this place is usually packed with cars.
>>
>those perfect ledges

my skateboard boner
>>
>>911805
>>911615
Parkdale is a shit-tier neighbourhood. If you live there, you're either a brown-skinned poorfag or a hipster. I guess it's possible some trailer-trash whites or Newfs or such live there, but really now.

>>911814
>not as good as Moscow
lel. What is wrong with you? Moscow's metro is fairly extensive (thanks to soviet labour!) but it's grimy and rickety as fuck. Nothing to be proud of. Wealth attracts wealth, Toronto has its share of yuppies, but you're hanging in the wrong area if that's all you're seeing. Many are 905ers anyway.

Buffalo does suck though. My god what a sad place.
>>
File: panther-creek.jpg (89 KB, 558x272) Image search: [Google]
panther-creek.jpg
89 KB, 558x272
The Woodlands, TX.

It's the suburbiest suburb I have ever been in, bar none. It is insulated from the outside world, people here like to call it the "bubble" because it is a rich oasis of white people in a sea of semi-poor blacks and mexicans, it has resisted takeover by the city, and consequently has developed a shitty "new money" attitude. It is also a haven for rich Mexicans fleeing gang violence (I also suspect a haven for rich Mexicans profiting off of gang violence). While it is a good place to raise a family (good schools, near 0 crime rate, lots of parks and hike/bike trails) ever since it was sold from the founder to a development company, it has gone to shit and expanded rapidly, getting bigger as Exxon Mobil is moving their headquarters here.
>>
>>912019
how can you live with all those (sand)niggers around you?
>>
File: 20141026_144436.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20141026_144436.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
Another from Charlotte, North Carolina (400 miles south of Washington, 700 north of Miami) taken 20 minutes ago on this Sunday. This is the upscale shopping area of the city. People come from all over the city for the shopping; there's a big mall nearby and lots of restaurants, bars, and boutique stores. Everyone drives shiny crossovers.

It's not unlike >>912023 (I used to live near Houston), but it's much closer to the city center.

I'm enjoying looking at everyone's pictures and descriptions; keep them coming.
>>
>>911939

2/10
>>
>>912019

would live there for sure!
>>
>>912041
I live like 2 minutes from where this picture was taken.
It's a nice area, very central.
Parking your car is a bitch though
>>
>>911954
I work in the big building in the top :>
>>
File: 3832677.jpg (566 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
3832677.jpg
566 KB, 1200x675
Taken in front of my home this spring.
>>
>>912061
Oh Heer,
Ik dank U voor ook deze maand de tijdige overmaking van mijn StuFi.
Ik smeek U, opdat U ook volgende maand de StuFi tijdig over zult maken.
Amen
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 720x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 720x378
>>911403
Not my picture but my neighborhood--I live about two minutes' walk from the park pictured. It's a central neighborhood in San Francisco, California, USA, called Duboce Triangle--sort of in-between the Lower Haight, which is an artsy neighborhood with a lot of local design stores and galleries and some good bars, and the Castro, which is most famous as as a largely gay neighborhood. Duboce Triangle itself is medium-to-high end mostly residential, with some good cafés Nadine excellent transit connections to the rest of the city. It's a great place to live.
>>
File: View.jpg (202 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
View.jpg
202 KB, 1032x774
May not look like it but it's Amsterdam.
The view from my window 4 years ago, it hasn't changed that much.
There's not really anything to do near my house but I go to uni in the city center.
>>
>>912053

I probably wouldn't have a car.

How much is rent there?
What is your job?
>>
>>912097

you skate? also go giants.
>>
File: DSCF1265.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1265.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
This is the view from my window.
I live in Santiago, Chile.
This is the center of the city, a few blocks away from the main historical buildings and the busiest pedestrian streets in the city.
The main advantage is the conectivity.
The cons are that everything is quiet/empty in this neighborhood during weekends (nightlife is a few kilometers away) and that there are no green areas near.
>>
File: DSCF1266.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1266.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>912169
The streets right under the building.

Also, great thread! very interesting.
>>
>>912172

Is it cool there? Danger level?
>>
>>912174
overall i think it´s cool, but depends on what you are looking for. could you be more specific? Just ask me, i´ll try to answer.

Danger? Just beware of pickpocketing in crowded places
>>
File: Frances_@_Beta_in_North_Burnaby.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1333) Image search: [Google]
Frances_@_Beta_in_North_Burnaby.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1333
I live in Burnaby, a suburb town of Vancouver. It's a soulless stretch of houses and low-rise apartment buildings. I would like to live in another neighbourhood but it's much cheaper to live here and I work only a 20 minute bus ride away. If I lived in Vancouver proper I probably wouldn't be able to travel for the extended periods I travel each year.

>not my photo but similar to what most streets here look like
>>
>>912169
Cool, those mountains are nice.

Some questions, if you feel like answering:

Do you ever take trips into the country? What's the street life like? General thoughts on living in your city and your country?

I know very, very little about Chile (murican), although I did spend a few hours randomly google street viewing it. The environmental diversity seems pretty amazing, and the southern latitudes looked like Washington state in the US.
>>
File: DelMonteBeach6.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DelMonteBeach6.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
Del Monte beach in Monterey, CA. It's a nice area but mostly filled with middle-aged and retirees. Young population is nonexistent. Nice place to visit though, we get tons of tourists.
>>
File: IMG_19700201_115156.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_19700201_115156.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>912183
What the fuck? Where is this?
>>
>>912184
Irkutsk, Russia
>>
File: IMG_19700201_115043.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_19700201_115043.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>912183
180-degree turnaround
>>
>>912176

Like what do you do at night? Where do you hang out in the day?
>>
>>912185
>>912183
>>912187
What is life like over there anyways? What do you do?
>>
>>912192
It's not that bad. What do you mean by 'what do you do'?
>>
>>912195
School? Work? NEET? Crime lord? What do you do?
>>
>>911939

>ghetto nature of the street = park dale
I think you have park dale confused with Detroit.
>>
>>912198
I'm a postgraduate student and an engineer on an aircraft plant.
>>
>>912021

>to live in a neighborhood you MUST be x or y
I'm neither of those. As mentioned in the original post I'm not a fan of the restaurants from Nepal or the overpriced hipster bars. I do however, like being able to walk over to the Polish neighborhood to get a good meal at a decent price.

>Moscow metro being rickety trash
circle line has new trains and even has wifi on board
the average wait time for a train is 90 seconds
the metro moves 8 million people a day
>Moscow metro grimy
compared to what? the nyc metro? which is fucking disgusting. the trains are dirty as fuck. the people are dirty as fuck (nothing like watching a bum jack off or throw up in the metro car) and the stations look like shit.
the metro police don't put up with this kind of shit in Moscow. the bums and drunks are forcibly thrown off by the police.
Moscow's stations are beautiful and made of marble.
not to mention it only cost a dollar per trip

>buffalo sucks
at least we can agree on that
>>
>>912183

which former soviet country is this?
>>
>>912109
Rent in this area is around 500-600 € a month for a 2 rooms apartment, I guess.
I'm not update on the renting scene these days.
This is not the cheapest area, but I'd say it's the most affordable of the nice parts of the city.
>>
>>912207
He already answered:
>>912185

This looks like a shithole though.
>>
>>912212
>This looks like a shithole though.
It is a shithole. But it's a really good shithole compared to nearby settlements.
>>
>>912213
These settlements must be quite a sight.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
View from my balcony. It's a bit of a bummer, I would have had a view of the Stockholm "skyline" if I'd gotten a flat on the other side of the building.

Yes, that is an observatory.

I live on a small hill above Roslagstull, a quiet place one minute walk the science dept of the Royal Institute of Technology and about a ten minute walk from the main campus, which I attend. It's very close to some forrest areas and lake Mälaren and also very close to downtown Stockholm.

I like it alot here, the only bummer is that the other tenants are older than me, some have children, so they dont look too kindly on students partying.
>>
File: DSC05657-70.jpg (256 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
DSC05657-70.jpg
256 KB, 700x394
This is a picture of the building I live in.
I livein Zagreb, Croatia, and I have to say it's anice place to live in. I'm close to downtown (10min by tram), the neighborhood is pretty chill, lots of green spaces and caffee bars/restaurants. There's a lot of traffic so its hard to find a parking spot but it's cool if you have a bike.
>>
>>911403
So that by the arrow is where I grew / home until I left for uni. I've done a lot of travelling but I still think I was pretty lucky to grow up where I did. Gorgeous trails all through the mountains, rainforests 20 minutes south, Royal National Park maybe 15 minutes north and some of the best hang-gliding currents in Australia off the hill I took that photo from. You can basically glide for miles down the coast. My god was the nightlife non-existent though, lucky Sydney was only an hour away.
>>
File: Home.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Home.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
>>912286
Well I'm fucking retarded
>>
File: IMG_0073.jpg (161 KB, 1048x785) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0073.jpg
161 KB, 1048x785
Boldon Colliery, UK

Live in the worst (aesthetically at least) part of what actually is a pretty nice neighbourhood, basically on the green belt so surrounded by fields, big pond with fish and water fowl and Foxes that my Cat likes to chat with.

Close connections to a railway station and shopping facilities so it could be worse.
>>
>>911872
I meant that anyone who had been here would recognize it, even if he hadn't been in this district.
It's Moscow.
Btw they cleaned the pile of garbage today, so not everythin is that bad.
>>
File: IMG_2365.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2365.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
Here is Clapham Common in south London, about 5 minutes from my place. It's pretty low-crime for a big empty dark space in the middle of London.
>>
>>912290
That redbull can, is all australia this dirty? Might be the influence of having asia so close
>>
>>912180
Yeah, Monterey is really nice but not very exciting.
>>
>>912130
I would be lying if I said I skated, but I do own a board I haven't been on in probably two years. There's a pretty decent skate park not far from pic related, under the freeway, and Duboce Park gets a few skaters, which is hilarious, because it's a dog park, and most dogs seem to despise skateboards. I'm just waiting for the headline HIPSTER MAULED TO DEATH BY PACK OF CHIHUAHUAS.
>>
>>912499

Ha - cool.

SF is world famous for skating, home of the mag. I still have to make it there myself, but have seen it countless times in vids, magazine. I need to go there. Looks great.
>>
>>912204

So, I guess that means you just copy US blueprints. Russia, they fail at everything.
>>
>>911425

I love NC and the South in general. I go to the OBX in the summer.
>>
>>912238
damn, students always get the best locations in
Sweden. Used to live in an SGS a stones throw away from Andra Långgatan in Göteborg. My neighbors couldn't get a studio flat for less than 6000 a month.
>>
>>912290
just goes to show you the only bad thing about Australia is Australians.
>>
File: glenn.jpg (113 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
glenn.jpg
113 KB, 960x720
Close to my GF's place (that I just moved into) in Göteborg Sverige (Gothenburg Sweden), more specifically Biskopsgarden. It's supposedly a dangerous ghetto but it's pretty chill IMO, a lot of immigrants but nobody really stirs up shit. I hear horror stories of muggings and stabbings but the only sketchy thing I've really seen was all the cokeheads at the local pub. A lot of green space too!
>>
File: IMG_20140604_083455083_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140604_083455083_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>912178
>Do you ever take trips into the country?
Yes. Near Santiago you can go to the beach (1 hour to the west) or to the snow (1 hour to the east). I´ve also been to San Pedro de Atacama, Easter Island, Chiloé, Puerto Varas, Punta Arenas (Torres del Paine), and some others.
>What's the street life like?
This neighbourhood you see mostly people passing by to or from their jobs.
There are some bars and cafés open during the working days, but nothing during weekends.

>General thoughts on living in your city and your country?
I like living here because i like nature and the country so many beautiful places. good things: the police is not corrupt, the laws are respected (you can have your own company without bribing anyone, for example), there is not much violence (as riots and that kind of thing), traffic is not caotic, if you know which are the specific places to avoid is unlikely to get robbed.
The city itself is not appealing, it has nice places, but no more than other big cities, i guess. A downside is the smog.

pic related: the view of Los Andes from where i work, after a rainy day.

>>912191
>Like what do you do at night? Where do you hang out in the day?
Things to do during the day: go to parks, go buy something at the mall, maybe some concert.
At night we (my girlfriend and i) usually go to eat and dance. There are some nice areas with bars, restaurants and discos.
>>
>>912497
Exactly. Not sure why many choose to live here when Santa Cruz is less than an hour north.
>>
File: lakewood.jpg (437 KB, 1919x793) Image search: [Google]
lakewood.jpg
437 KB, 1919x793
Lakewood, California.

Comfy suburbs.
>>
File: kingston1.jpg (107 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
kingston1.jpg
107 KB, 400x267
Market square in Kingston, Ontario. This picture is a few months out of date obviously, but it will be pretty accurate again in a month or two.
>>
>>912643
It's cheaper than Santa Cruz; for coastal California, Monterey is almost reasonably priced.
>>
>>912656
Fair point. I leave Monterey for college soon anyways. I hope after college to find a coastal California town with more excitement without the price tag. It seems to be an impossible task.
>>
File: 4731340442_4518626d2f_z.jpg (188 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
4731340442_4518626d2f_z.jpg
188 KB, 640x427
I'm cheating, this is like a 5 minute walk from where I live.
I live in the West Calhoun neighborhood of Minneapolis right by the lake.
>>
>>912212

Yea i saw that after I asked.

I'd like to visit Irtusk though. I've been to Kursk it can't be that much fucking different than every other mid-sized Russian city.
>>
>>912510

"home of the mag"

which mag? are trying to reference Thrasher in the most retarded manner possible?

The SkateboardMag offices are located in the LA area.

Please tell me you are a longboarder so there is an excuse for this.
>>
File: DSC05350.jpg (5 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSC05350.jpg
5 MB, 4000x3000
>>912678
outside my parents' house in the suburbs
>>
>>912683

The mag, the bible, the only skatemag, of course Thrasher. That is what everyone calls it, obvs you ain't skate, you total fuccboi.
>>
>>912609
>At night we (my girlfriend and i) usually go to eat and dance. There are some nice areas with bars, restaurants and discos.

What area ?I like to do that to.
>>
>>912545
>this what a swedish ghetto looks like
laughinggirls.jpg
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (338 KB, 1813x702) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
338 KB, 1813x702
This when you turn right out of my apartment
>>
File: long-melford-suffolk.jpg (55 KB, 550x431) Image search: [Google]
long-melford-suffolk.jpg
55 KB, 550x431
I can't see any other Britbongs posting so here is a stock photo of the church in my village two minutes down my lane. Love this place so much,it's barely changed in 200 years.
>>
File: 41.png (4 MB, 1625x971) Image search: [Google]
41.png
4 MB, 1625x971
guess
>>
File: 42.png (4 MB, 1826x944) Image search: [Google]
42.png
4 MB, 1826x944
the state is a relatively nice place to be however... there really isn't anything good to eat or fun to do unless you drive for quite a while.
>>
File: 20120816_124835.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20120816_124835.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
No asian here? i guess it was taken couples of years ago... Daejeon(大田), South Korea. The heavy rain brought flodding near my home.
>>
File: 2012-04-17_14-32-45_346.jpg (998 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
2012-04-17_14-32-45_346.jpg
998 KB, 2592x1456
Here's another one
>>
>>912878
that is very beautiful
>>
>>912690

rekt
>>
>>912998
It's a good shot. Korea, and Daejeon in particular, are fucking ugly places.
>>
File: chaddy.jpg (23 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
chaddy.jpg
23 KB, 300x225
>>911615
I like the roncesvalles neighborhood? Does anyone have any experiences living their?
>>
>>913033
As a resident here, I can't deny it. You're fakin right. The whole city is just a full insipid of buildings.
>>
File: campus point 2.png (385 KB, 662x427) Image search: [Google]
campus point 2.png
385 KB, 662x427
>>911403
It's night so I can't go get a photo but luckily plenty exist on google
>>
>>913114
are you a ucsb student? mind sharing a little about it?
>>
File: 20141018_172958.jpg (985 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20141018_172958.jpg
985 KB, 3264x2448
>>911403
I'd totally play around on those benches on my bike.
>>911667
Can you see lots of marine life from that beach?
>>911812
blursville
>>911857
I was going to comment on your city being very clean but then you posted this
>>911861
>>911954
Are those house boats along the canal? Sounds like an interesting lifestyle.
>>912065
Love those trees. Cherry blossoms?(pink leaves)
>>912100
Dat vandalized to fuck bridge..
>>912177
Vancouver specials mann... so fuckin hideous.
>>912187
holy fuck is that depressing.
>>912290
That looks like paradise... Except for the spiders.

Took this near my old house around mt.pleasant vancouver bc. It's a popular park for public drinking due to all the breweries in the area and the hipster ratio is through the roof!
>>
>>913025

did you just support your own shitty response.

>the bible of skateboarding
kek
>>
>>913038

what is there to experience? it is a middle-class family oriented neighborhood.

it is clean. the polish food is pretty good. and close to a kind of crappy Loblaws (the one next to church street is waayyyy better)
>>
File: trees.jpg (191 KB, 1362x798) Image search: [Google]
trees.jpg
191 KB, 1362x798
just moved to a stereotypical suburban white american dream-esque neighborhood in a small town north of atlanta, trees fucking everywhere

[spoiler]I came from denver, where it was cold and dry, to atlanta, where it's hot and humid[/spoiler]
>>
>>912177

Oh god this hits close to home - also from burnaby. At least I am on the hill so I have a view.
>>
>>912177
Fucking Burnaby man... At least it isn't Surrey
>>
File: ss+(2014-10-29+at+03.12.43).jpg (306 KB, 1920x663) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-10-29+at+03.12.43).jpg
306 KB, 1920x663
>>
>>913144
>dem gas prices
Shit it must be over $6 per gallon here in France.
>>
>>913144
$4.60 is really expensive for the US
>>
File: DSCN4382.jpg (6 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4382.jpg
6 MB, 4608x3456
Timber harvesting is a huge industry right outside my home of Corvallis, Oregon USA. The city itself is a college town, and parking is a bitch during the week.
>>
>>913129
>Vancouver specials mann
You mean India specials, right?

>>913137
Yeah I have a view from my house too but that doesn't really make things better.

>>913143
Thank god. Nothing worse than that shithole.
>>
File: campus point.jpg (83 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
campus point.jpg
83 KB, 500x310
>>913117
Not at all. What do you want to know?
So we don't shit up the board message me at [email protected]
>>
>>913135
what kind of job does the people in that neoghborhood have? do they have to drive to Atlanta everyday? do you have industries near?
>>
File: streets.jpg (124 KB, 1523x731) Image search: [Google]
streets.jpg
124 KB, 1523x731
>>913528

There are lot of small residential roads, they all lead up into bigger roads and highways with a lot of store/restaurants/shops like pic related
>>
>>912659
>not going to CSUMB or UCSC
>>
>>913546
disgusting

stripmall - any town - usa
>>
File: IMG_20140502_170810.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140502_170810.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>912647
Sup fellow SoCal bro

This is from a hiking trail overlooking Burbank, California. It's a suburb outside of Los Angeles where all the movie shit happens. A lot of people here work in the film industry and all the major studios are based here (Warner bros, Disney, Universal, NBC, CBS, etc.) and it's the site of countless film locations. I went to Glee high school and the Superbad liquor store is down the street from me, also every Pixar film was made a few blocks from my house. Sometimes when I'm walking around I see movies being filmed by my friend's house or something and can walk on set and grab dericious catering food if I look like I know what I'm doing. Also I just realized the other day that walking to work I pass Bento Box (Rick & Morty, Bob's Burgers). Also we have the nation's best show choirs that I got to tour with when I was in high school. Other than that it's just your average SoCal suburb. Mostly old people and the only good night life is over the hill in Hollywood. The wider of the two buildings in pic related is one of the main Disney buildings.
>>
File: Camberwell-Junction-area.jpg (135 KB, 520x300) Image search: [Google]
Camberwell-Junction-area.jpg
135 KB, 520x300
camberwell in melbourne, Australia.
pretty boring place, middle class white area theres only 1 pub/bar
but lots of shops and close to the city
>>
Fuck all of you mothafuckers who live in pretty places.
>>
>>913703
Detroitfag detected
>>
>>913715
Worse, I'm BR.
>>
>>913740
haha Baton Rouge?

I'm from Detroit, I went to LSU, and I was so happy after LSU to go back to Detroit!!!?!?!?!?!

Now I live in Mexico City. My life was destined to be lived in shitholes. At least Mexico City is a huge shithole, right
>>
>>914150
What do you do in Mexico City?
>>
File: IMG_1346.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1346.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
My backyard
>>
File: 1322587328503.jpg (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1322587328503.jpg
136 KB, 500x500
>>914153
Drug smuggling.
>>
File: BBvRvmRCYAENZ2b.jpg-l.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
BBvRvmRCYAENZ2b.jpg-l.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
>>914196
>"Jorge want to be kawaii but his mom won't let him"
>>
File: 2014-10-03 17.58.20.jpg (4 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-03 17.58.20.jpg
4 MB, 4208x3120
Near Stade de France .
>>
>>914156
One day I'll have one like that or bigger
>>
File: 21ovddc.gif (573 KB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
21ovddc.gif
573 KB, 150x113
>>914235
Thanks for the translation m8
>>
>>913683
I used to work on Burke rd, this time of year is perfect for a perv
>>
File: OPUSetplus 009.jpg (2 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
OPUSetplus 009.jpg
2 MB, 2322x4128
on my street in Montreal
>>
File: dalry_rd00.jpg (268 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
dalry_rd00.jpg
268 KB, 1152x864
Live on Dalry in Edinburgh. Alright neighborhood, student/immigrant area, always has a buzz around it though. Very central location though- 10/15 minutes from shopping/pubs/bars/ art galleries etc
>>
>>914318

ahh ben caliss
>>
>>914325
I worked in a flat on dalry road last year. I really like Edinburgh, hope to settle there when im older.
>>
File: DSC_0316.jpg (3 MB, 4512x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0316.jpg
3 MB, 4512x3000
About 30 minutes away from Canberra, Australia. It's a great place to live for /out/doors activities and I've got a few horses and some chickens. The capital has almost no traffic either (when compared to shitholes like Sydney or Lelbourne) so it's a nice clean commute to work everyday.
>>
File: DSC_0246.jpg (1 MB, 2256x1500) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0246.jpg
1 MB, 2256x1500
>>914411
One of my mares with a foal.
>>
>>914412
qt
>>
File: IMG_0227.jpg (5 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.jpg
5 MB, 4272x2848
Been living in Mississippi for the past couple months, really beautiful but there isn't shit to do here. I'm glad to be leaving soon.
>>
File: IMAG0751.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0751.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
I live in a smallish town in NSW, Australia. This photo is from just down my street. I can see the same view from just over my back fence.
>>
File: east-sooke-regional-park.jpg (33 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
east-sooke-regional-park.jpg
33 KB, 550x412
>>913129

regarding: >>911667

can I? Sometimes. One of the tough things is that from this side of the city we're a pretty busy shipping lane for ships running north from Seattle, and sometimes running south or west from Vancouver. Hilariously, Victoria is also famous for being one of the last rich cities in the world that flushes straight into the ocean, no sewage treatment whatsoever. And this beach is maybe only 10-15 kms from one of the two outflows(albeit the smaller of the two).

in the summer I take friends visiting from out of town for a walk/hike near the beach in this post which is around a 20 minute drive from where I live. I bring them here because there are a lot of fun cliff faces to hike along, some white sand beaches, and we see humpbacks and orcas with some regularity from here. it beats spending $150 to go whale watching and you can bring wine and food and make a day of it.
>>
>>913038
hipsters everywhere- expect shoegaze ambient indie post rock concerts and 8 dollar organic coffees. i would rather live in Somalia than there.
>>
>>914592
i hear the negro problem is really bad there
>>
File: parque1a.jpg (96 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
parque1a.jpg
96 KB, 620x465
My neighborhood.
>>
File: file.png (948 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
file.png
948 KB, 990x660
San Marcos, TX

basically a college town, but pretty scenic for what it is. About 20 miles from the capital.
>>
>all these coastfags

I'll be one of you
someday
>>
File: DSC01084.jpg (5 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
DSC01084.jpg
5 MB, 4320x3240
mexico city, the south. i live in the ghetto but pay 2000 pesos, like 175$ or something. at least its close to work.
>>
File: DSC01081.jpg (5 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
DSC01081.jpg
5 MB, 4320x3240
>>915110

that is the view from my terrace this is my bedroom window. looks out to santa fe, yuppie expensive bs. i want to move soon
>>
>>912065
Germany?
>>
File: Gold Coast air view.jpg (861 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Gold Coast air view.jpg
861 KB, 1600x1067
I live near that pink building in the center of the picture in a shitty 2 bedroom unit, love this place though.

Gold Coast, Australia.
>>
>>915110
>>915112

occupation?
>>
File: kkk.jpg (388 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
388 KB, 1366x768
semi-shit district of budapest. i will move to nicer place soon
>>
>>915112
what kind of third world hellhole is this? I can smell the beans from here.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Santiago, Chile

I live in La Reina, a small district. Pretty calm and nice, since it has a lot of green areas compared to other parts of the city, where there is nothing. People here like to live in community.

The weather is shit though, as sometimes we have freezing days and next morning its the oposite. Seismic activity is also strong, we have strong movements a couple of times a year.
>>
File: winter.jpg (1 MB, 3019x1080) Image search: [Google]
winter.jpg
1 MB, 3019x1080
Literally my view from opening my front door.

Middle parts of Sweden. It's calm and cozy with some wildlife around. Berries, fruits and mushrooms are plenty and the air is really fresh. Little to no crime rate related to violence or robbery. Even decent speed internet (24mbit). It's a good place to live.

But I came back here from living one year in one of the largest cities in Asia and before that I working for a huge company. A lifestyle that might be shit but it suits me much better. These days I'm only waiting for an opportunity to leave.

I think I have more recent pictures of the same view, but I couldn't find it now.
>>
File: DSC01083.jpg (3 MB, 7152x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC01083.jpg
3 MB, 7152x1080
>>915130
>>915159

i play in an orchestra and gig on the side. i choose to live in this colonia because I pay so little. i could live in a nice apartment somewhere that doesn't look so ghetto, but to be honest all the people i've met in my colonia are more friendly and down to earth than other "nice" places i've lived in DF (coyoacan centro, del valle, polanco, centro).

plus i save so much $ each month and am lazy to move. there are far more ghetto places than this.

>>915160

i want to live there... been a few times and want to go back
>>
>>915205

Holy fuck that looks so comfy

how do into living here
>>
>>915269
Honestly not sure. It's not expensive to live here so settling is possible. My neighbour house sold for €40,000 with some land to it. It was a three floor house with plenty of rooms but in quite bad condition.

Sweden is extremely centralized with all jobs and government situated in cities. There's barely a soul here between 18 and 35 (which is why I need to leave). Not sure what anyone can find to do out here because I haven't.
>>
>>915269
1. Be a hardy farmer
2. Die when drought
>>
>>915305
How do you make a living?
>>
File: sdfgh.jpg (116 KB, 1144x774) Image search: [Google]
sdfgh.jpg
116 KB, 1144x774
About 100 feet down my street.
>>
>>915355
Montreal?
>>
File: 2012-10-11_14-14-26_673.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-11_14-14-26_673.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Indiana
>>
>>912065
Looks like my neighbourhood.
Is it Germany?
>>
File: cali.png (1 MB, 1450x703) Image search: [Google]
cali.png
1 MB, 1450x703
south bay los angeles - no complaints. weather doesn't suck and everything is super convenient.
>>
>>915403
>weather doesn't suck
>it's raining google watermarks in your picture
>>
File: 20130720_151708.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20130720_151708.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Brno, Czech republic

Pros:
>relatively rich neighbourhood, city center is 15 minutes by foot
>lots of students around, there is something going on every night
>cost of living is relatively low (280usd for a room, 7usd for a solid lunch)

Cons:
>none

Oh man I love this place, more so as Im homeowner and just collect rent.
>>
File: Clifton Beach.jpg (7 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
Clifton Beach.jpg
7 KB, 274x184
Clifton Beach, Queensland Australia.
Didn't take it because it's night time, but this is 500m from where I live at the end of our road
>>
>>915831
Looks beautiful but you can't swim in that water in the warmer months because of jelly fish.
>>
>>915403

>convenient

Nothing here is convenient unless you want to sit in your car for 3 hours.

Why in the fuck doesn't anyone out here ride a bike?
>>
>>915355
nice toilet you got there
>>
>>915768
I was in Brno a couple years ago and thought it was a very beautiful city. Barely any tourists at all in the middle of summer. I'd probably like living there.
>>
File: quebec_cnt_6nov09_istock_b.jpg (76 KB, 646x430) Image search: [Google]
quebec_cnt_6nov09_istock_b.jpg
76 KB, 646x430
javascript:quote('911403');
>>
>>915375
yes
>>
>>916861
http://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/webcameras/place_dyouville.aspx
>>
>>914855

Where are you from?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This is taken 3 miles from the pentagon in the subburbs of Washington, D.C. Many people are military or politico and traffic sucks ass to get anywhere, but the presidents helicopter flies over our condo on its way to the white house, so that's cool.
>>
>>912655
Where abouts in Kingston are you from? I skate in market square all the time during the winter months.
>>
File: IMG_20141113_144843.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141113_144843.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
This is my neighborhood
It's a kibbutz (rural-ish community in Israel) that's right on the southern border of Gaza

I'm part of a group of a group of American kids who are enlisting in the IDF as lone soldiers but I don't want to get into that too much

Pros-
The kibbutz is extremely relaxed, everyone knows each other, and there are almost no thefts. You can see my board at the bottom, you can leave shit outside and it won't get stolen.
There are some incredible natural places to travel to in Israel, and although people here always seem angry they are very helpful and it's easy to make friends here. Nightlife is decent. Because this is a kibbutz the alcohol at the bar is very cheap (2-3$ beer and 4$ shots).
Public transportation in Israel is dirt cheap, the closest major city is an hour and 15 away by bus and it's about a 5$ ticket. Once you're a soldier is completely free. The kibbutz is a traditional style so there is a public dining room and a laundromat that you just drop your shit off and you get it back later free.
Plus because of the program I'm in I know a lot of Americans my age so I'm not worried about feeling like an outside.
Cons -
It's a little isolated from the central region, which can be good or bad. It's an hour and 15 from any banks, movie theaters, shopping malls, major clubs, etc.
The closest beach is either on the other side of Gaza (we're always joking that we can use the tunnels under it to get there) or in Ashkelon which is 1h30m away. Lots of sand since this is the desert but you get used to it. Biggest con is probably getting fucked in the ass by the army once you're a soldier but that's personal opinion. Also food is good but kind of expensive. Technology is annoyingly expensive, cellphones are at least 150% more expensive than retail, and cars have a 100% tax on them.
>>
>>914592
Oxford, MS? Cuz I might be going there to school next year. Tell me about it.
>>
>>911403
That looks really fun to skateboard on.
>>
>>918070
Eita?
>>
File: austin.jpg (406 KB, 1605x903) Image search: [Google]
austin.jpg
406 KB, 1605x903
I really don't feel like walking outside to take a picture because it's cold right now (at least for a Texan), so I'll just post a maps image that has my apartment building in it.

Austin isn't the bees knees, but it does have some great stuff about it, the most obvious being the plethora of music festivals we seem to have every weekend. I live right on the outskirts of the downtown area.
>>
File: 1311947915015.jpg (27 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1311947915015.jpg
27 KB, 285x298
>>918248
>texans complaining about cold weather
>>
>>915145
ujpalota?
>>
File: not fanny.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
not fanny.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>918254

>Never been to the panhandle
>>
Here's a picture from my backyard of the empty lot that's been next to my house untouched for about 10 years now. I like to go walking around through and around it.

I live in a little city on the outskirts of Tallahassee FL (about a 20 minute drive to the city). Its a very basic town without anything at all to do in it but go to Walmart and get drunk. Tallahassee isnt much better either. My parents bought this land roughly 10 years ago when it was dirt cheap and built a house on it. Others bought the surrounding plots because they were cheap and planned to flip them for more money, but the joke was on them because then the economy collapsed. So now it's kinda like I have all this land (about 25 acres worth) to myself and can do pretty much whatever I want besides building shit on this land.

Currently thinking about leaving and going to live somewhere else in the world. I really fucking hate Florida, and I've never really left it ever. Got a huge hit of wanderlust recently so I've been browsing this board trying to get ideas the past few days.
>>
File: ss (2014-11-14 at 11.14.14).jpg (369 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-11-14 at 11.14.14).jpg
369 KB, 1360x768
see the white wall with the car on the parkway? yeah...
>>
>>918070
cons
kibbutz stole palestinian land
>>
>>919321
>>>/pol/
>>
File: qns.png (1 MB, 1529x697) Image search: [Google]
qns.png
1 MB, 1529x697
queens ;-;
i just got fired. i pay $600/mo to live with 3 roommates in a place wedged smack in the middle of the chinese/latino neightborhoods
>>
>>918446
Suggestion Queretaro (the state and the capital)
>>
File: pics.jpg (1 MB, 2690x960) Image search: [Google]
pics.jpg
1 MB, 2690x960
I saw this thread at work so I took some pictures while coming back home. It's a 7-10 minute walk. I'm from Montevideo, Uruguay. My neighborhood looks like a stereotypical middle-high class suburb but it's not really a suburb.
There isn't much to do around my house (though there's a mall you can kind of see in the distance in the 1st picture), fortunately I got a job close by but going to uni takes at least 40 minutes.
>>
>>919377
Damn that picture is just plain depressing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 MB, 1282x1024) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 MB, 1282x1024
This is the street i live on in Chicago. The neighborhood is Bucktown, very gentrified but beautiful place to live.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (628 KB, 1282x1024) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
628 KB, 1282x1024
>>919483
lower res pic
>>
File: WP_20140319_013.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3552) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140319_013.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3552
Imatra, Finland. Taken from my balcony.
>>
>>912023
Hey! I live in Houston, greenway plaza area. Basically just east of 610 and just north of 59.

I don't know if I could live in the burbs. Do you have to commute, and if so, how long is your drive. A few of my coworkers from my last job lived up there, and they hated the drive.
>>
>>919439

lol this is a middle to upper class suburb in uruguay? hate to break it to you son but in the first world this would be confused for the hood.
>>
File: ghetto.AlexandraAllaire.online.jpg (114 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
ghetto.AlexandraAllaire.online.jpg
114 KB, 900x600
>>914318
My home on university street Montreal
>>
>>917734
I miss NoVa so fucking much man
>>
>>919377
>chinese/latino neightborhoods
Elmhurst?
>>
>>921088
dat azn cutie.
>>
>>921088
qt quebecois asian. would impregnate wit my strong american seed once we invade in the "but he diddin do nuffin wrong" war of 2056 when Canadians get tired of american minorities murdering them with guns, and america retaliates out of political correctness to protect criminals.

wait for me, meng-li
>>
File: IMG_20141021_175337.jpg (1 MB, 3120x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141021_175337.jpg
1 MB, 3120x4208
Hong Kong, China.
>>
>>918248
I live pretty close to there, too many people
>>
>>921135
6/10 made me chuckle
>>
>>921067
Maybe my pictures aren't very illustrative, it's a very quiet neighborhood consisting mainly on big ass houses, green areas and places like tea houses or gyms where old ladies go to do aerobics.
I thought that was what middle to upper class suburbs were like everywhere in the world.

But yeah, it's a poor country, so don't be surprised if it's different from your average rich people neighborhood.
>>
>>912097

FRISCO - home of THE MAG!
>>
>>921088

Montreal - how do you deal with such shitty weather? I'd rather live in Jamaica, or Haiti, god knows there is enough Hatians in MTL anyway.
>>
>>919483
>very gentrified but beautiful place to live.

implying gentrification is bad.
>>
>>919377

so what, you're so fucking close to NYC, you are in a great location.
>>
>>916861

fucking horrible place.
>>
>>915124

niiiiiiice. are you good at surfing?
>>
>>921761
It's good to a point, but high levels of it can ruin the culture of a neighborhood.
>>
>>921791
Can change it, any way. Whether it is made better or worse would depend on what you like.

Many people like things that others do not like. Strange but there you are...
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 95

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.