[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, I'm from mexico, and i'm moving to vancouver for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: Van.jpg (551 KB, 800x456) Image search: [Google]
Van.jpg
551 KB, 800x456
so, I'm from mexico, and i'm moving to vancouver for a master degree at UBC.
any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
i mean about cell phone carriers (someone told me mexican plans are even cheaper than canadain's), where to rent, where to NOT rent, and stuff like that.

thank you in advance.
>>
In Canada you can't shoot anyone or start a cartel. So don't do that.
>>
>>1110495
oh well.. how should i spend my blood money?
>>
File: van.jpg (217 KB, 798x450) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
217 KB, 798x450
>>1110492
What are you studying, and what is your budget?

Vancouver is the most expensive city in NA. Like Manhattan is more expensive, but it's not an actual city itself. I grew up around the red circle, new houses there sell for 3 million +.

There's only 3 big carriers in Canada, they're all kind of shitty, bring your own phone and local calling for $40. Not much of a difference between prices and quality. You're best off using whatsapp and skype a lot on wifi. If you can, get shaw cable for your apartment, so you can use their free wifi spots which are everywhere.

Where to rent really varies based on your budget. Can you say how much you will pay up to, whether you're ok with roomates, how you will commute and how long of a commute you can handle. You can be a 30 minute bus ride (bus is free as a student) for $800 with a room mate.
>>
File: translink.jpg (137 KB, 900x514) Image search: [Google]
translink.jpg
137 KB, 900x514
For the transport system

blue is rail, fast and frequent
green is priority bus, fast and frequent
yellow is regular bus, not really fast of frequent

Unless you're going to drive, I'd recommend you try to live in the two red boxes, if you wont live on campus. The one on top is probably more convenient.

Craigslist is a good place to look at for housing.
>>
>>1110514
Maple syrup.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.