[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are you at the hostel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: backpacker1.png (274 KB, 680x712) Image search: [Google]
backpacker1.png
274 KB, 680x712
Who are you at the hostel?
>>
The guy that normally stays in hotels but budget has ran out and therefore has utter disdain and hate for everyone else.
>>
I stayed in a hostel exactly ONCE in my life. I am quite extroverted - but still have srs anxiety issues and just need my own space. The time I stayed in a hostel was studies-related, we were in St Petersburg and our university crammed us into a hostel room. Couldn't sleep, tense all night, hung out in the filthy lobby room where some dirty Kazakhs were having a late-night snack. OH BOY. never again. 4 am, lying awake, I looked for an Airbnb. Found one and pissed off. I swear to God the other people in that class ended up hating me and thought I was the most pompous cunt ever. Lol. I just couldn't deal with their snoring, dirt, and ugh.
>>
>>1103434
The mysterious loner that likes to party, and normally befriends other people akin to him. Also likes to talk world politics with everyone.
>>
File: 2015-10-26 007.jpg (6 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-26 007.jpg
6 MB, 5312x2988
>>1103446
>mysterious loner
>party
>friends
>politics
kys senpai

>>1103440
>quite extroverted
>is an autist

kys senpai

I'm the guy that treats the hostel like a bed, breakfast & chill, then off to explore and do shit, tire myself until it's sleep time again.
>>
>>1103446
>Mysterious loner

>Hey why is that strange guy over there not talking to anyone and just staring at us?
> He tried to talk to me about politics or some shit, fucking creep
>>
I'm the guy who gets up at between 6-8am and leaves the hostel an hour later only to return in the late afternoon or evening and spend the rest of the time on the computer looking up what else to see/do while working on his photos. Beer is often involved in the evenings usually at the hostel bar.
>>
The stealth wanker
>>
I'm the guy who smiles and greets everyone in hopes of becoming friends but gets ignored by most people. :(
>>
I'm the over-the-top Alaskan with a drug habit, per the norm in my homeland
>>
>>1103434
I am the guy who wakes up at 1pm every day (I sleep like a baby through everyone else getting up), leaves the hostel at 1.30pm, comes back about 6pm, talks to people in the hostel, then goes out again at like 8pm and doesn't come back till 3 or 4am. I then go back into my room and wake up and piss off everyone even though I do my best to be quiet, and I never switch on the light.

As you may have gathered I am something of a night owl and heavy sleeper, so I am also that guy, whenever I have an excursion planned or transport to catch early, who puts on a really loud alarm on my phone for like 6.30am, and it manages to wake up everyone in my room apart from me.
>>
>>1103434
Definitely not the boring little beta in the OP picture. God, what a vanilla flavored dullard.
>>
>>1103440
Lol, social anxiety is an unacceptable form of human weakness and bullying is an entropic act to make the species stronger. You sad lonely little geek, I bet if I slapped you in the face you wouldn't slap back.

You probably show fear in public, you're worse than my son.
>>
>>1103520
My wife's son could beat up your son, faggot.
>>
>>1103434
What if you introduced this guy to some ladyboys?
>>
File: laughingelfman_949[1].jpg (110 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
laughingelfman_949[1].jpg
110 KB, 500x688
>>1103520
>>1103523
>>
>>1103523
It's true. He came to me in all seriousness and said he wants to quit hockey and take figure skating. I hate my life.
>>
>>1103572
How does it feel to be a bad parent
>>
File: 1458848707811.jpg (36 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1458848707811.jpg
36 KB, 367x451
>>1103504
>>
>>1103504
>who puts on a really loud alarm on my phone for like 6.30am, and it manages to wake up everyone in my room apart from me.
mild kek
>>
I'm the drunk Brit who uses big words and bangs slags.

Surely OP's pic and this >>1103446 are bait

>>1103488
best one so far.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (330 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
330 KB, 960x960
>>1103523
>>
File: 1458155345398.png (196 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
1458155345398.png
196 KB, 1211x1259
>>1103523
>>
>>1103434
Unfortunately my travel consists of airports and corporate campuses you would probably see me yelling at my phone or with a laptop with maybe 3 separate token authenticators cursing my life
>>
The loud, extroverted aussie. Will command the place when I walk in, rally everyone that's interesting together into going out. Start some drinking games if the vibe's not there yet. Liven things up. If there's a 7.5+ in the hostel that's up to party will be fucking her in the dorm at 2am. Otherwise will most likely end up fucking some girl I meet out in there dorm (less fallout that way).
>>
>>1103655
What a cunt
>>
>>1103655
Fucking normie
>>
>>1103655
Reeee
>>
I'm the guy who is quiet, but friendly and talkative when people approach me.
I always hope I get invited to do shit, but when I do I spill spaghetti everywhere and end up not going, then regret it for the rest of my trip.
>>
>>1103656
>>1103668
>>1103680
Get out, samefag.

I'm the dude that's into beer. At any moment of the day.
>>
I'm the person who doesn't drink.
You all hate me, for some reason.
>>
>>1103688
The normies who travel (especially the girls) are looking to lose their inhibitions a bit, have new experiences and do things that they would never do back home. (Often this means fucking people they wouldn't normally fuck at home.) Part of the social mechanism for allowing this is alcohol. For example, "I was so wasted" allows people to laugh off what they had a great time doing the night before.
If you don't drink, then you're like a sober watchman and a reminder to the normies of exactly the kind of observer that they are trying to escape from.

And then there's people like me who just think that people who don't drink are usually no fun to hang out with.

You don't have to get shitfaced bro. In fact, it's better if you don't. Not trying to be nasty or anything here. Not trying to be a big guy. For you, I would recommend just having a few beers or a few shots.
>>
File: 1433710035080.png (171 KB, 384x318) Image search: [Google]
1433710035080.png
171 KB, 384x318
>>1103695
>Not trying to be a big guy. For you

hehehe
>>
>>1103695
>You don't have to get shitfaced bro. In fact, it's better if you don't. Not trying to be nasty or anything here. Not trying to be a big guy. For you, I would recommend just having a few beers or a few shots.
I don't see why it's not socially accepted to not drink.
I don't drink because of personal problems, and it's always a bore having to tell people my life-story at a party, so I just say I don't drink that day due to being drunk yesterday or some shit like that.
And I also don't really like the taste of alcohol.

>And then there's people like me who just think that people who don't drink are usually no fun to hang out with.
I party with my friends back home, I can have fun at a party without being drunk, and I don't see why some people can't.

But what pisses me most of is people trying to force me into drinking, or even trying to trick me to drink.
I'd never force drugs upon somebody else, and
I once in a while smoke marijuana, and I wouldn't force people who don't want to, to do it.
I don't see why it's socially acceptable to force alcohol on people.
>>
>>1103702
>I don't see why it's not socially accepted to not drink.
In general, it definitely is socially accepted to not drink. But in the very specific environment we're talking about - youth hostels full of young Western backpackers - people want to get wasted and fuck each other. And they don't want to have people around who aren't joining in (plus girls will wonder if you're deliberately staying sober to crack on to them later when they're drunk and they'll be put off by it). The sober guy therefore can kill the mood. That's it man. You aren't gonna change it.

Tough break for you if you can't drink. (Although more than one reason makes me think thou doth protest too much... if you have personal reasons, why did you need to also say you don't like the taste?) Well, you can't have it all anyway.

>I can have fun at a party without being drunk
Good for you.
>and I don't see why some people can't.
aaaand that bit doesn't help your case.

>I don't see why it's socially acceptable to force alcohol on people.
It is only acceptable in certain very specific situations, like frat parties and (to a far weaker extent) some youth hostels.
If you don't like it, just avoid those situations.

For example, I would not be accepted as a thugged-out gangsta, so there are parts of my town that I avoid. Maybe I am missing out on wondrous delights, but I don't let it bother me.

And if you want to join in, which you clearly do, then you'd be better off to stop moaning about it and instead learn how to nurse a couple of Bud Lights or Screwdrivers over the course of an evening without going full retard.
>>
>>1103710
>In general, it definitely is socially accepted to not drink.
Yes, but it's not accepted at any party - that's my experience at least. And apparently neither in a hostel.
Everyone is always up in my shit about why.
I'm not staying in a hostel to get women or to party. I'm there to sleep and maybe talk with fellow travelers, but for some reason this is not alright, without drinking?
I don't get the logic.

>Although more than one reason makes me think thou doth protest too much.
Care to elaborate?

>if you have personal reasons, why did you need to also say you don't like the taste?
Simply a piece of additional information.

>It is only acceptable in certain very specific situations, like frat parties and (to a far weaker extent) some youth hostels.
And that's not fucked up? You're literally saying it's acceptable to force drugs on people. And yes, I know alcohol may be not be as bad as heroine and such, but they serve the same purpose.

>If you don't like it, just avoid those situations.
Why should I? I'm not a beta faggot just because I don't drink.
As earlier mentioned, I also just tell a white lie about why I don't drink.
Are you also of the belief that people should be allowed to smoke everywhere, because people who don't want to get cancer can just go somewhere else?

>For example, I would not be accepted as a thugged-out gangsta, so there are parts of my town that I avoid. Maybe I am missing out on wondrous delights, but I don't let it bother me.
I get the point that you're trying to make, but hotels are not really an option, since they're too expensive.

>And if you want to join in, which you clearly do, then you'd be better off to stop moaning about it and instead learn how to nurse a couple of Bud Lights or Screwdrivers over the course of an evening without going full retard.
Dang straight I do, but I'm having a hard time grasping the concept of it being OK to trying to force people into drinking.
>>
>>1103711
>>1103710
>>1103702
>>1103695
You're getting off-topic as fuck, anons.
Please contain this shit to other boards.
>>
>>1103434
I'm the old guy in the private room.
>>
>>1103711
OK man well maybe look for youth hostels that advertise as not being party hostels? They exist.

Anyway, it's a nice day outside and I am going out - looks like you could make me write replies all day. Was that your plan all along? Anyway good luck with it man, I hear you that the world can sometimes suck if you don't drink, but if that's the worst of your problems it's probably not such a bad deal you have overall.
>>
>>1103715
>OK man well maybe look for youth hostels that advertise as not being party hostels? They exist.
Didn't know they existed - will look for that in the future, thanks.

>nice day outside
Not here in Europe it isn't, unfortunately!

>Was that your plan all along?
Damn it, you figured it out.

>if that's the worst of your problems it's probably not such a bad deal you have overall.
Yeah, I generally have a pretty good life, but I'm bored since the weather is horrible, so I have to argue about something, haha.

Have a nice day, anon.

>>1103712
Sorry about that. Last post.
>>
>>1103440
>I am quite extroverted
>but have anxiety issues
>need my own space
>>
>>1103572
>not realizing your son will become an amazing figure skater and be swimming in the fit, slim, and sexy figure skating pussy that fill up the sport.

you'd rather his head caved in and missing all his teeth?
>>
Im the scrappy, likeable Canadian underdog who establishes the Alpha position over the Ripcurl covered aussie dooshes time and time again. I win people over with my goofy ridiculousness and friendly inviting charm, and always get the girls while aussie dooshes are just like "m8 es a soft cunt wtf m8". I'm basically Max from Goof Troop.
>>
>>1103440
>being this much of an autistic pussy

I'm the guy that's mildly polite but has shit to do. Wakes up early and gets back late. Always traveling alone because I'm pretty hell bent on what I came to do.

If you invite me out drinking I'll be the total party bro and get your shit faced ass home. When you wake up with no memory of last night super hungover and there's a fresh bottle of water next to your bed? that was me. The jacket you threw up on is hanging to dry? Me amigo. Your drunk qt fem friend was getting harassed by creeps but someone got her out? Me senpai. And then I'll disappear without even giving you my Facebook.
>>
I'm the one that comes in during the dead of night pissed, probably trips over something and snores, sorry

I can't help the snoring though
>>
I'm the guy who gets wasted in the common room in the early afternoon.

I'm the guy who comes in at 3 AM and starts rummaging through your shit and when you wake up and ask me what the hell I'm doing I say nothing at all and slowly back away.

I'm the guy who comes in late, turns on the light, removes every article from my bag (every item happens to be inside a thick plastic bag), puts it all back in the bag, then leaves without turning the lights off.

I'm the guy who takes uncomfortably loud power-dumps at 6 AM after a night out.

I'm the guy who stomps into the dorms covered in head to toe in sand. Then I take your towel and start smacking it against my disgusting body, flinging sand into all your bags and beds and leaving the towel a desiccated black husk.

I'm the guy whose bag looks like it had a stick of TNT detonated inside it, leaving my shit everywhere in the dorm except my own bed.

I'm the guy who walks around the hostel wearing only tattered boxers cut just high enough to reveal my low hanging alpha balls.

I'm the guy with perpetual night terrors that don't stop until my air raid siren phone alarm goes off for at least 30 minutes.

I'm the guy who at 4 AM Skypes my friends back home while they party to catch the time difference, each of us trading expletives into a brightly lit LED screen.

I'm the guy who takes your toiletries and tries flushing them down the shitters, simultaneously clogging them and ruining your morning.

I'm the guy who after meeting you will come back into the room 5 minutes later pretending like we didn't. Then I'll go through the whole introduction process again using the exact same dialogue. A half hour later I'll come back and do it again.
>>
>>1104077
Are you also the guy who, for every random experience someone shares, happens to have done something similar but even better per chance?
>>
I'm the guy who is deathly afraid of everyone else and assumes you are all going to steal from me/rape me in my sleep.
>>
>>1104077
>I'm the guy who takes your toiletries and tries flushing them down the shitters, simultaneously clogging them and ruining your morning.

>I'm the guy who after meeting you will come back into the room 5 minutes later pretending like we didn't. Then I'll go through the whole introduction process again using the exact same dialogue. A half hour later I'll come back and do it again.

mildchuckle.gif
>>
>>1103695
>that subtle baneposting

Well done.
>>
Why in the fuck would anyone want to stay in a hostel?

Bunch of poorfag degenerates who would rather get wasted and fuck than explore the city.
>>
>>1104159
Are you perhaps a real traveller with a parent backed platinum Visa card?
>>
>>1104111
oshit
>>
>>1104162

No I'm a self supporting 23 year old with more than a minimum wage job who knows there's more to traveling than IG'ing how wasted you got in the bar on the Jin Mao

Fucking poorfag degenerates
>>
>>1103655

I'm the cool party boy Londoner you team up with

I seem bro as fuck but you end up sucking my dick at 5am after too many jagerbombs and I tell everyone in the common room the next day

See you soon bby
>>
File: 1380135718365.jpg (35 KB, 325x340) Image search: [Google]
1380135718365.jpg
35 KB, 325x340
>>1104077

This post triggered me
>>
>>1104063

fuck you man add me on facebook
>>
File: schwing.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
schwing.gif
1 MB, 209x180
>>1104077
>Mfw

>>1103695
This is spot on.

>The normies who travel (especially the girls) are looking to lose their inhibitions a bit, have new experiences and do things that they would never do back home. (Often this means fucking people they wouldn't normally fuck at home.)
This. Literally all you have to do to hook up with backpackers with impunity is pace yourself with the drinking.

>And then there's people like me who just think that people who don't drink are usually no fun to hang out with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dYV3oA3YA
>>
I'm the one who has a 'don't talk to me or try to make eye contact with me' face on 24/7, doing my own business, trying to be as quiet as possible. But then when some fellow traveler does dare to approach me for some reason, and they seem nice enough, then I end up talking with them for hours and hours and drop all plans.
You most probably don't even notice me, I really am quiet, go to bed early, get up relatively late, etc.
>>
>>1103702
>>1103688
>>1103711
>>1103717

https://youtu.be/o41A91X5pns
>>
I'm the polite but quiet guy who has the double room with his GF and doesn't get to hang out in the common room meeting new and interesting people anymore *sniff*
>>
The big guy who takes too long in the shower and then disappears in an attempt to spend as little time in the hostel as possible.
>>
>>1103655
>>1103446
lmao please be joking
>>
>>1104159
This. I'm paying a bunch of money out of pocket to travel and explore a new country, not drink with people the same way I could right here.
>>
>>1103456
>implying anyone even notices his existence or gives a fuck about him enough to actually mention him during a conversation.

that's how I see it going at least.
>>
File: smug21.png (230 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
smug21.png
230 KB, 500x443
I'm the guy who can afford a real hotel room.
>>
File: 1449139173507.jpg (68 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1449139173507.jpg
68 KB, 500x598
The shy as fuck guy who thought going to a hostel would make it open up a little but ends up crumbling under the weight of his autism and gets a private room somewhere else in the end.
>>
Fratty American with a Southern accent who will party harder, and drink more than even the Aussies when he goes out. Think beer bongs and CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG. I will mysteriously be in the bathroom a lot, because why? I'm shooting cocaine and heroin in there you faggot. Sigma Alpha Epsilon represent, and Roll Tide you beta c u c k faggots.
PS: I also hate niggers, and I will not hesitate to tell you that I hate them along with the jews.
>>
>>1104347
t. dirty reb
>>
The guy who antagonizes South Africans whenever possible. Shit is mad laffs, its like im watching district 9
>>
I'm the guy that takes stories from /trv/ and tells them as if i personally lived them because even if i travel i don't really live any experiences that would be interesting to share
>>
>>1103685
Not same fagging, is it hard to understand that more than one person could hate you?
>>
>>1103683
Don't worry bro, I think hostel environments should be non judgemental (though you do get a lot of pretentiousness). If anything I respect people who are socially awkward and prone to spaghetti because it takes much more effort
>>
>>1104063
BroGhost here too, gotta look after your people's because one day your people's wool and have looked after you
>>
>>1104364
I'm incapable of talking to South Africans without saying everything in a bad south african accent.

I always find a way to put this song on too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU
>>
The one who's stayed in too many hostels and sees the same people having the same conversations and doing the same thing. Will occasionally befriend people for lunch and dinner explorations.
>>
Usually sitting in the common area half-reading a local guidebook, half-looking out for interesting people also traveling alone that I could start a conversation with.

I'm as white as a drowning victim so when I go out I've got a wide-brimmed hat and some kind of long sleeves and pants on, even if we're in Egypt and it's hot as fuck.

I also end up getting clothes tailor made if I'm in a country where my money goes a long way. I can get a whole outfit tailored from scratch for $40 in India.

I'm more quiet than most people, I only talk when I have something to say and I prefer silence to small talk. When I talk it's usually about something I know about or to ask you about something you know about so that I might learn more.

I'm not that into partying when traveling, at least not getting shit-faced. I'd much rather spend my night somewhere comfortable with a view and talking to new people I click with.
>>
>>1104738
how to lay the cute girl with the beta boyfriend please?
You haven't maxed your hostel-lvl till you can do this
>>
The guy who socializes enough to not be considered weird and maybe gets a chance at a cute grill every now and again.
>>
>>1104815
and then blows said chance
>>
>>1103878
You don't understand hockey haha..
>>
Guys I'm going on my first solo in a month and I'm worried I won't make friends please tell me how you do it.
>>
>>1104827
Yep.
Such is life.
>>
>I am reserved to the point the receptionist asks "it's normal for people here to talk to one another at hostels" in a friendly way
>Immediately feel embarrassed and self-conscious

Meh.
>>
>>1104838
you'll be fine
>>
>>1103711
Of course people aren't gonna accept your little lie, that's why they try to force it on you. The reason why you pretend that you're bothered by people forcing alcohol on you, is because you don't wanna face the fact that you're not telling them the personal reason you have for not drinking.

I've met 3 non-drinkers in my life and at this point i don't bother trying to persuade them anymore. I just have to accept it and respect them. They sometimes like to bring up the topic though, and tell me that they don't even like the taste.

Yeah maybe your daddy was a mean drinker, but why does that mean you have to abstain from drinking? Grow up and stop forcing well meaning strangers (backpacking westerners staying in hostels) to play along on your games.
>>
>>1104838
Legit just say whatever, nobody will see you ever again after 2 days or really even cares that deeply about who you are when you're there. Lie about yourself, try out different personas of the person you've always wanted to be, feel free to sperg out or anything, just do whatever you can to make yourself less inhibited when you go back home. You never get a better chance to experiment and improve yourself socially than solo travel.
>>
>>1104846
For you
>>
>>1104347
war damn eagle son
>>
>>1103711
dude just get a beer and nurse it

if someone asks you why you aren't drinking, you've already failed and will be labeled an outcast

other idea is to keep getting glasses of water and tell people it's a vodka soda or some shit
>>
>>1104838
You're free to say whatever you want to people because you'll probably never see them again anyway.

Just try shit out, maybe reinvent yourself.
>>
>>1104838
say hi to everyone
spend most of your time in the common areas
if you do strike up a convo and people are planning to go to some places you have planned to go, suggest you go together
ask the workers if anyone else is doing tours and try to get them to introduce you
if your hostel sucks then do a pub crawl
>>
>>1103434
>Who are you at the hostel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-m-iV_FBA
>>
>>1103434

loud english lad who is always drinking and alienating/befriending other anglos whilst making friends with the eastern euros. also guitar wanker

no non cringy way of saying it
>>
>>1103434

brit who reminds aussies that no one else in the world likes them and then proceeds to do everything they claim to do, but better
>>
>>1103434

as someone with pretty good social skills and shit, which is the best hostel to meet fellow travellers? the kind who party and shit but aren't complete lad wankers
>>
>>1105254
>which is the best hostel to meet fellow travellers

What? In the entire world?
>>
>>1105255

meant to write country, apologies
>>
>>1105254
I don't know man, the parties scenes and wanker scenes are pretty intertwined. The wankers always go where the party people go.
>>
I'm the guy that makes the best of each day by going out and doing shit. Once I get back, I turn full guitarfag and practice modal scales in different keys, string skipping, finger style, and other shit.
Unfortunately, dickheads always come up and say," hey you're good, can you play xyz?" I ask them what the key is and the chords and shit, but nobody knows what the fuck I'm asking, so they'll leave and I continue to play and drink.
>>
>>1105260
Jesus Christ, there's few people I hate more than the guitar guy who shows up at every hostel and makes sure everyone sees that they have a guitar while pretending they don't actually care if people see them.

"Oh what, this old thing? Oh I just carry this enormous instrument around with me to different countries hoping I don't get noticed while I play in the common area of my hostel without making eye contact with anyone."
>>
>>1105260
>modal scales
What a meme
>>
Never stayed in a hostel before.
How common are they in the States? I'm Canadian and I'm in the middle of planning a big trip, hitting all the best amusement parks.
Advice?
>>
File: 1456589650763.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
1456589650763.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>>1105169

>war eagle

I keked harder than necessary
>>
File: Pierre kek.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Pierre kek.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
>>1104077
>air raid siren
>>
>>1105312
City hostels in Canada are a lot like the ones in America. They're quite different then elsewhere.

They're a bit more just inexpensive housing than actually tourist lodging. Attract some really weird people. A lot of ex cons and transients.

If you live in a city, go and try out your local hostel for the night.

For traveling in America, try airbnb and couch surfing. Hosts are much more inclined to want to talk to travelers.
>>
>>1105344
Got it, thanks friend.
>>
>>1105203
underbearated
>>
>>1105289
The only thing missing was:
>my favorite song is Wonderwall
>>
>>1105171
fucking dont lie about your water being vodka soda that's pathetic AF

either nurse a small drink or just drink water and have a good time but dont be up in people's faces. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with not drinking or getting super wasted all the time.
>>
>>1105517
>pic related
it's you

>>1105518
not as retarded as people that care what you're drinking especially when it's clear, indicating that it's some type of boring low-calorie gin or vodka drink
>>
>>1105519

Why is that pic me?
>>
>>1105520
if you have to ask
>>
>>1105521

Not sure what you're getting at, but I'm a pretty clean-cut guy who dresses normally.

I can't remember when /trv/ got so fucking annoying and judgmental about other people's traveling habits.
>>
>>1105530

Not that guy but please keep your bullshit to antother board thanks
>>
>>1105530
>>1105541

like all you've posted in this thread is "hurrr normies hurrrrrr drinking." Just fuck off back to /r9k/, leave us alone.
>>
>>1105541
>not that guy
>on /trv/

>>1105542
samefagging again

give me a fucking break I have an IP counter
>>
>>1105543

gee, maybe I've posted in here already.
>>
>>1105549
only, as you say, if EVERYONE realizes it is ironic
>>
Semi-relevant hostel question:

Was staying at a hostel with a big and well-equipped kitchen. Made a simple pasta meal for me and my buddy, using a couple of pots, a wooden spoon, a chopping board, and a knife. Put warm water in the pans, and leave it all neatly on the side to return to after my meal. Barely sat down when one of the blokes who runs the hostel comes over to me and says "Could you go back and do your washing up? It's pretty inconsiderate to the other guests man". So I have to go back, do all the washing up, and then return to a meal that's gone cold.

Was this a dick move on his behalf? I believe I observed perfectly acceptable hostel etiquette, and I've held a grudge about this ever since it happened (1 year ago).
>>
>>1105581
No, he was right on. If the pots aren't currently being used they should be clean and ready to go for the next person. I always clean my cookware before I eat in my own house, it's perfectly reasonable to do the same thing in a hostel situation. But of course there are 'soaker' people (we've all had a soaker roommate) that leaves the dishes soaking in the sink for hours.
>>
>>1105581
Maybe he didn't know you were gonna do it right after you finished eating?

When I lived in a dorm I used to always wash pots and stuff before taking the food to my room. Though it would've only been rude if I let it stay till the next day.
>>
>>1105582
I take your point, but it was neatly on the side (not in the sink) and there were plenty of other pots for the other guests to use. I stand by my opinion that the guy was an asshole and one day I will have my revenge.
>>
File: dsb1.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
dsb1.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>Hey there anon. Where are you from?
>How long have you been here in [x]?
>Have you done [xyz] yet?
>Where to next?
>>
>>1105589
Yeah the issue is that a lot of people will just leave it there and not do it at all, the only way he could make sure you definitely did it was by asking you to do it straight away and enforcing that rule in general. Wasn't to spite you in particular, blame all the lazy people who leave shit lying around and then fuck off.
>>
That guy who gets up early and pisses everyone off for doing so to go out sightseeing. Then find some quiet place to relax for most of the day.

Also, that guy who is always writing shit down and looking at maps.

Am Australian.
>>
File: 1460038046346.jpg (38 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1460038046346.jpg
38 KB, 720x540
>>1105594
That guy.
>Oh hey, you guys going to _____ next?
>Yeahhh, the travel guide said it's amaaaaziiing!!!
>Haha yeah, it's shit.
>....oh..

''That guy'' is me by the way.
>>
the guy masturbating next to everyone in the shared bedroom
>>
>>1105972
What's annoying is that it's true sometimes, but you can't trust blasé fuckers like you on telling the truth.
>>
>>1105972
I do that accidentally sometimes, I don't mean to be a dick. I just start telling my honest opinion about somewhere and then after it came out my mouth realise I just shit on somebodys plans
>>
I always end up doing awkward things. I don't know why...
>>
>>1104080
No that's the asshole aussie you're thinking of
>>
>>1105257
You still didn't write it you fucking gowl
>>
>>1105260
>I'm the pretentious fucking cunt
>ftfy
>>
I'm the alcoholic that hates parties. I dress like hank hill, keep my hair short, and hate hippies. I am a chronic masturbator and take extra long showers while I blow my load on the drain. You will not see me without a drink in my hand. I do not make many friends.
>>
File: ishiggyknighty.png (191 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
ishiggyknighty.png
191 KB, 890x890
>there are people who hit on hostel girls instead of locals
>>
File: sure_homie.gif (392 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
sure_homie.gif
392 KB, 480x270
The quiet Nordic looking guy with a bit of a messy hair and worn jacket. Polite, but not very trusty towards anyone at first.
>>
>>1103702
>Not trying to be a big guy. For you
>big guy.
>For you
>>
File: stop_it.jpg (32 KB, 428x428) Image search: [Google]
stop_it.jpg
32 KB, 428x428
>>1104077
>I'm the guy who comes in late, turns on the light, removes every article from my bag (every item happens to be inside a thick plastic bag), puts it all back in the bag, then leaves without turning the lights off.
OH FOR FUCLSAPS NMSDSKGSDLGFNDKSLGNKDÖGJN
>>
>>1105594
Yeah that's how you start a conversation with other travelers you fucking autist.

How do you talk to people if you don't start with basics?
>>
>>1106065
idk i just prefer less surface level talk

Dostoevsky, quantum physics, ITAOTS, thinkpads are my topics of choice
>>
>>1106076
"Hi my names Anon, what do you think of string theory?"

That's a great way to not make friends, even if people know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1392852219008.jpg (13 KB, 286x280) Image search: [Google]
1392852219008.jpg
13 KB, 286x280
>>1106076
>ITAOTS
>>
>>1105260
xyz is my favourite rush song
>>
>>1104159
Explore during day
Do degenerate shit during the night

Not that hard to do if you're still young
>>
>>1105171
>tfw don't drink so instead of doing shots during drinking games I chugged a room temperature 1.5 liter water bottle

Also I don't drink, never have and likely never will. But instead of drinking I will smoke weed/hash so that kind of makes it easier. I'll just tell them that I won't drink because I'm getting stoned instead or whatever.
>>
>>1105289
Eh, I suppose if you really love playing guitar and you're going on a multiple month trip I can understand it.
>>
>>1105581
Stack a plate upside down on your dish and clean the pots.
>>
>>1104347
>roll tide
everyone hates you.
>>
>>1106076
yeah, I hate normies too.
this thread is full of people who seem proud they rolled their college with C's and haven't read a real book that wasn't assigned.
>>
>>1105581
When I travel with friends usually one will cook whilst the other will clean up. The guy running the hostel sounds like a passive aggressive dick though.
>>
>>1104304
>big guy who takes too long in the shower
>for you
>>
>>1104437
>respect people who are socially awkward and prone to spaghetti because it takes much more effort
At least be real with Feelius Maximus

Feelius, you have to keep trying. Harden yourself. With time and effort, humiliating spaghetti incidents become hilarious anecdotes to regale your new normie friends with. Do not give up.
>>
>>1106186
>humiliating spaghetti incidents become hilarious anecdotes to regale your new normie friends with
Those also helped me to get girls

They seem to like a guy who was a loser and turned himself around (a bit)
>>
>>1106065
Nah dude that shit is boring as hell to talk about.

I met an Irish guy in Peru who had the same thought.
>Hey what's good? Don't you just love this country? You can literally get away with murdering locals because you're white.
>yeah mate I love it, almost as much fun as the time I was in Portugal and kidnapped a little English girl.

That's how you have A good hostel conversation
>>
>>1105581
It can depend on the hostel bro and probably wasn't anything personal. I was a hostel manager in Sydney for ages and you gotta keep on top of it. Sometimes you even have to make examples of people to keep others in check
>>
>>1106423
Christ you're bad at reading comprehension.

I said, "start a conversation" not "only talk about where you've been/where you're going/what you did/etc".

Also, your example conversation sounds like a meeting of edgelords.
>>
Late this year or early next, I'm planning an Euro trip, with the intention of fucking as many women as humanly possible. How easy is it to fuck grills in hostels?
>>
>>1106546
the girls are easy but finding a location in the dorms is hard, always get a private room if you're looking to score
>>
>>1106547

Hijacking because of related. Assuming I'm staying at a hostel, how easy is it to bring locals to bang in my room? Does it make a difference if it's private or not?
>>
>>1106549
I've never taken a local back to a hostel. Think about it from a local's perspective, would you rather stay in some hostel or wherever you were planning to crash with your friends that night?

Now from the perspective of a fellow traveler that's staying in a dorm with 7 other skanks, yeah your private room is a whole lot more enticing.

A hotel yes, but even then, picking up locals is rather difficult unless you are relatively fluent and know their customs. I've done it twice and was with a group both times.
>>
>>1106549
I haven't ever seen anyone bring a local from outside into the hostel to bang including private rooms. Seems way too complicated, even moreso if there's a good amount of people staying. If you're just planning to fuck locals stay in a hotel instead
>>
>>1106557
>>1106559

I meant as in, are you actually allowed to do it if you manage to? Like won't the staff forbid you to enter with a non customer or something?
>>
>>1106562
Depends on the hostel

Most won't allow it
>>
I blend in with everybody, but I usually get on well with other "blue-collar" troublemaker types.
>>
>>1106549
I've done it. Met this girl in Paris. Brought her back to the hostel and she actually got into the same bed with me while my room mates were sleeping.

But being the autist i am, I managed to screw myself over and not bang her. Even when she already got down to her underwear... Fuck my life. Biggest regret of my life.

Also, with the amount of people that come in an out of a hostel, I doubt management would notice. But seriously, fml
>>
>>1106474

No it's a drunk, banterous conversation between Englishman and and Irishman. Many people get bored of the same conversation in every hostel and both me and him had the same thought and mindset.
Don't be flinging that edgelord maymay at me, kiddo
>>
I'm the cool 56 years young oji-san with 14 different flags stitched to my backpack.

We make eye contact at one point and you wonder to yourself, "Will I be hangloose when I'm 56"?
>>
>>1105203
thank you, needed that laugh so much
>>
That snoring fucker in the dorm.

Yes, that was me
>>
>>1106640
Jesus Christ anon, surely that's the point of no return, how do you mess it up from there?

And I though my fuck ups were bad.
>>
>>1103504
I've met you before.

You are definitely turkish
>>
File: 1420941900620.gif (83 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
1420941900620.gif
83 KB, 200x179
>>1104077
>I'm the guy who comes in late, turns on the light, removes every article from my bag (every item happens to be inside a thick plastic bag), puts it all back in the bag, then leaves without turning the lights off.

>I'm the guy who at 4 AM Skypes my friends back home while they party to catch the time difference, each of us trading expletives into a brightly lit LED screen.

Too much real life, senpai
>>
>>1104325
Did this before

But mainly to get some fucking sleep
>>
>>1104347
>BRO
>CAN YOU HEAR ME?
>YEAH BRO I'M SKYPING FROM MY DORM ROOM
>UUUM, LIKE 4AM?
>YEAH BRUH IM IN YUROP
>LIKE, GERMANY OR SOMETHING
>OMG KELLY WAS SO WASTED DUDE

I hate you
>>
>>1104746
>Usually sitting in the common area half-reading a local guidebook, half-looking out for interesting people also traveling alone that I could start a conversation with.

Get out of my head
>>
>>1106831
Lol where did you meet me?
>>
>>1103713
Same
>>
How bad is it really not to drink in hostels?
Will you faggots get insecure about me not wanting to drink and hate me for not doing it just like back home?

Woooooooooooooooooooooow
>>
>>1106902
If you're not gonna be a little bitch about it, nobody cares. Someone might ask you why, but that's just a polite way of starting a conversation, not judgmental accusations.
>>
I've only stayed at a hostel once before. Over New Years I stayed at Generator in Venice, Italy.

Honestly, it was pretty nice. Well put together place, nice bar and cafe. the staff even hosted a New Years party.

The only thing that pissed me off is some fuck head from Qatar showed up at like 2am. Came into our 16 bed dorm and turned on the lights. Threw his guitar case and leather suitcases in the middle of the floor and made a 15min long phone call from his bunk. Not whispering, but LOUD. Loud as fuck. And the lights were on! the next night, that dude snored so fucking loud. all night. I remember hearing some pissed off Irish girl yell at him. And he laughed and started snoring louder. About 10min later I got off my bunk, turned on my flash light and climbed up to his bunk, shined the light in his eyes and told him to sleep on his stomach because he's loud as fuck and we are all tired. He said "uuuuuhhgfhhh I-I am sorry my brother. I tired" I said "dude wtf, these Irish girls even told you to be quiet a few minutes!" And his reply was "bahhhh, I don't listen to them". He then pulled out a bottle of something, chugged it. And he GULPED loud as fuck too. Then layed on his stomach and went to sleep.

God it was frustrating
>>
>>1106920

Listening to all these stories I'm honestly surprised that hostel murders aren't rampant.
>>
what are all these things I read? How do you make friends in an hotel when you're travelling alone and most likely don't even share the same language? Are there really parties in hotels? Wat.
>>
>>1106928

Hostels. Not hotel.

yes, the hostel I stayed at hosted a party for New Years.
>>
>>1106928
Hostels are not hotels. Hostels are hotbeds for young solo travellers who want to meat other young solo travellers. English is pretty much a lingua Franca man. I've met non-native English speakers who spoke better English than many of my countrymen would.
>>
>>1106935
>>1106936
sounds great
but
Does it even exist outside of the USofA?
>>
>>1106938

www.hostelworld.com

... If you were reading this thread, you'd see almost all the stories are from Outside the US...
>>
>>1106940
i did read a bit but i'm so unfamiliar with the concept i must not have got all the hints and details. thanks for the infos anyway
>>
>>1104838

Biggest piece of advice is to say hello to people when you first get to the dorm room. Walk in, put your bags down and just say hi to whoever is in the room. If you leave it too long it'll be more awkward to start chatting to them later.
>>
>>1106938
The US isn't really known for the hostel scene, there are hostels yes, but it's more of a thing in Europe and Asia I'd say. Any big European city has tons of hostels.
>>
>>1106922
Hostel rapes are, but don't get talked about. It's all just part of the fun!
>>
>>1106947

Do people really have sex in hostels? I didn't see/hear any sex when I've been stayed in hostels.
>>
>>1106958
usually in private rooms but you can get away with it in the dorms if you don't care that everyone can hear you
>>
>>1106958
Showers
>>
>that guy that snuggles into bed with you and coaxes you into a gay international sexual experience after you get back drunk and horny from a pub crawl
>>
>>1106969

I take it you're speaking from experience?

Tell us what happened
>>
>>1106969
>coaxes

sure thing buddy
>>
>>1106829
Things got lost in translation, be very nervous and not confident of self, didnt know how to read signals.

Only ended up making out with her later. But I still hate myself today for fucking this up.
>>
>>1106986
>didnt know how to read signals.

>well she got in bed with me in room full of strangers
>does she want the D though

Things I'll never understand
>>
>>1106902
It's not a big deal unless you make it to be one. Personally I love beer but I keep it to a few a night (or just 1-2 if there's not much going on), but if you really can't into moderation just say 'no thanks' when someone offers you a drink. I've seen plenty of teetotalers get by just fine, it only becomes an issue when the non-drink is either intentionally vague/mysterious about it, judgemental, or just sits there awkwardly.

The thing is (admittedly getting off-track here) many nightlife situations are basically built around alcohol consumption. Alcohol isn't there to enhance the activity, it IS the activity. Take that away and it's just a bunch of people standing around in a noisy room not doing much of anything.
>>
>>1106938
The US hostel scene is not as good as the Asian or European ones because it is extremely hard to do it on a shoestring so a lot of people are either priced out or prefer to make their cash go further elsewhere.

It starts out with an expensive flight like most backpacking plans, but there aren't cheap options after that. Cheap accommodation in the States is scary. If you want to feel safe, you need at least a Best Western (and those can be sketchy too). There are some hostels in big cities which aren't too bad ("no locals" policy to keep out local drunks/creeps/hobos) but then big US cities are expensive.

Most of the US, you need a car. Public transport in many cities is bad and requires lots of planning if you want to try to use it (if you can at all). Ubers add up. Totally different to Asia and Europe. And those buses and Greyhounds will be full of some pretty strong characters, if you know what I mean.

Then getting between cities is not cheap, either. Boston-NYC-DC you can get the train, but that's about it (and not cheap... and those are expensive cities). Long distance Amtrak is expensive, takes a long time and sometimes sketchy too.

So basically, in Asia and Europe you really can go to a lot of places and see/do a lot without spending much money. Trains between cities, cheap, safe hostels and cities.

If you're trying to visit the US cheaply, you're pretty much committed to picking a city with a cheap hostel that has enough interesting stuff nearby, then budgeting. That can still be a great holiday of course but a lot of people want more.

And then there's the fact that the US is a pretty tough country where you need to be streetwise. Being a bunch of wasted obvious student travelers has more risk and less payoff. Plus the drinking age is 21.

So the people who do visit and stay at hostels here are often only rich kids and a late 20s crowd who work full time at professional jobs. Less people, more mature, less fun.
>>
The chick with rolling luggage.
>>
I've only been to Europe once and I stayed at hotels only. I'm 19 and want to go back but can I have a car and stay at one? if you're American and in good shape and not a beta what are the chances of getting laid
>>
>>1106920
>Qatar
>bahhhh, I don't listen to them
man, i hate sand niggers so damn much
>>
I'm the guy that shows up out of no where and never can make guy friends. My RBF and size scares people I assume.

I'm hardly there other then to sleep and shower. If I'm in the common area I chill and read in a comfy spot with some music. The only people that seem to flock towards me are basic chicks, and douche bags.

Plus I always travel solo, so I don't really need the interaction I only do hostels because I'm cheap and never plan. I fly to Copenhagen on Tuesday and haven't looked into anything at all.
>>
>>1107046
100%? Ya 100% sounds about right. Depends a lot on where you stay but I've seen your typical ugly American get dime pussy in a hostel. Everyone drinks... And after a few drinks we all look like dimes.
>>
>>1105203

>this is what /fit/ believes will happen after they 'make it'
>>
>>1107046

>renting a car in Europe

Fuck man, I did that in Italy, and it fucking SUCKED. I'll never rent a car overseas again
>>
>>1107046
No need to rent a car in Europe.

>>1107082
Arabs are literally the worst people in the world.
>>
>>1107193
>No need to rent a car in Europe.
wrong, unless you're staying in one city. I can think of many other occasions when a car would be useful
>>
>>1103434

The guy with the local qts you are asking the way to your hostel but they don't know because they can afford a hotel.
>>
>>1107196
Nonsense. Public transport is everywhere, trains connect all cities and if you book in advance it is usually cheap. Plus flights are cheap. Tourist economy is well developed and there is always public transport or a local tour outfit that will drive you to a nearby castle/abbey. This will probably work out cheaper than renting a car. Petrol is expensive and if you're in a big city, parking may be too. If he's a 19 year old, renting a car is probably far more hassle/money than its worth.

Renting a car for the trip is something you do if
1. You want to drive there
or
2. Your plan is to visit a lot of remote castles and abbeys across a country (or countries) and you are avoiding London, Paris and other big cities. Which would be a strange plan.

I rented a car in Sicily. Drove from the airport to the town we were staying at. Had the car to do a little bit of exploring so no need to look up local tourist stuff. People drive like maniacs there. Only thing it helped with was it made the trip from A to B a bit faster so we had a bit of down time before going out the first night and get up a bit later on the last day. Probably was more trouble than it was worth overall.
>>
>>1107215
>I rented a car in Sicily

I did this too. Except for I drove from Rome all the way to Sicily and took the ferry cross and drove the entire island.

If you thought driving in Sicily was bad... You should see how people drive in Rome.. Fuck that
>>
>>1107171
what did you rent? we loved our little Renault we had. it was good on gas and all our shit fit inside it. did well on the autobahn too.
>>
>>1107215
I drove through 9 countries and took the ferry to England and drove there as well. I loved driving on all the secondary roads as well as the big cities. there are definitely things you're missing out on if you don't have a car. it is expensive but so worth it. driving on the autobahn has been a dream of mine and it came true finally and I can't wait to go back
>>
>>1107222
I drove in Rome and It was definitely scary. most all of Italy has fucking morons who drive. germany however is great
>>
>>1106965
This. I banged a girl in a hostel dorm and apparently people could hear it 2 rooms down. She was a screamer.
>>
>>1107215
>>1107222
>>1107251
That's because Rome, Naples and the south in general are infamous for how they drive. In the north it's okay.
>>
>>1107259

Did that improve your appeal to other present women in the hostel?
>>
The guy who after checking in goes immediately to sleep regardless of the time
Then spends as little time at the hostel as possible
>>
>>1107273
It was my last night there, I couldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>1107249

Same here, we had a Cleo
>>
>>1107250
Well fair enough man and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
But like you said, you specifically wanted to drive and it was expensive.

As for missing out on stuff I agree with you to a certain extent but it is very hit and miss. I love driving around the US and stopping off at random places and local tourist sites that I'd never heard of. Sometimes they're awesome, sometimes it's a bit crap. But I'm not renting the car and paying by the day here so, again, you're adding a significant expense with no guaranteed pay-off.

So all in all it doesn't really work for a guy on a budget, as your typical 19 year old traveller is.
>>
>>1107289
This is me

Also the guy who's only there to get Wi-Fi and spam tinder and happn
>>
I'm the guy who checks in, puts his stuff on the bed, puts his valuables in a locker and then goes out to discover the area and stays away until 10PM and then hangs in the bar either browsing on my iPad or writing in my journal with a beer. Always open for good talks and late night snacks.
>>
>>1104202
ur a really cool guy. u sound like ur super fun at parties.
>>
File: 1392895064836.jpg (99 KB, 788x525) Image search: [Google]
1392895064836.jpg
99 KB, 788x525
i'm the guy that arrives into the hostel at 10pm, fucked from the flight and 1h backstreets taxi drive, everybody drinking on the reception, and 8/10 receptionist says: hay Anon(my real name), you have finally arrived. 20 travelers in the lobby, including me for a sec, was like WTF. I figured my friend that arrived before me, but was dating atm, must have described me to the 8/10. Pretending like she just fucking knows me. Checks in and start hanging with the witnesses. Bunch of living at the hostel dirtbags, anyway they knew the city so we move on to the really noice club, when i find out it was valentines day which explains gfs mood before departure. Anyway it was full of desperatos femanons so we had a great time, got drunk as fuck, also randomly bumped into my friend on the dancefloor in 3mil city. At 5am we went back to the hostel and when they told us there is no breakfast for 2hours, we went to the market, bought prepared chicken and creamy salad, went back to the lobby to eat it from the plastic bowl with a hand. The same girl on the reception, that so nicely explained 2 fellas that there is no breakfast for 2 hours, was finishing her shift and couldn't even look at the animals feeding on the couch. Next day, after a morning beer and chicken salad from hostels menu my friend took a cab to the airport and i intended to stay for a week. As soon as my friend left i wanted to check in for a smaller room and receptionist, same gurl, told me that anon came and hour ago and said that i owe him money. I don't know anything about it but can't remember last night to the last dot so I become curious. Bitch refuses to say who the anon was and when i ask around the hostel about this everyone says i should talk to the 8/10 about this. somestrangeshitgoingon.jpg I went online with a mission to find the least dodgiest hostel in the city. I went for something more expensive and really central, what was also in the very name of the hostel. Seems legit.
(part 1/2)
>>
File: 1392895533603.jpg (179 KB, 1100x732) Image search: [Google]
1392895533603.jpg
179 KB, 1100x732
>>1107561
(part 2/2)
hostelworld.com and trying to get a cab when the receptionist told me that my friend is on the phone. He lost his passport so he can't fly. He came back and we went to the that really central hostel. When we got out of the cab we had to cross a labyrinth of lonely yards with wrecked cars and 4 trashed staircases when only A4 papers that says "really central" with an arrow were leading the way and than we behold the little less fucked than others door with the A4 paper taped on them. We knocked and let our self in, it was just one tiny hall with 4 rooms with even tinnier desk that served as reception. A little boy was playing nfs underground 2 behind this table and showed us the telephone number on the desk with a finger, this hostel no English at all. I called it and a girl said she will be here in 10min, it was abvious she couldn't understand siht. After half of hour standing on that hall i already figured that this hostel is brothel and that boys mum was a milf that anon can't afford to skip. After 1h showing this boy how to drift with skyline, so called receptionist came and gave us the strangest look cuz we wanted a room, anyway she gave it to us in the lower floor with a note that the doors are not locking too good. They weren't locking at all. It was already 10pm so we decided to stay for a night cuz of obvious reasons. I'm the guy that went back up, knocks on the boys room, show his mother 30$ worth of shitcash, she showed me to the next room, I could hear the boy switching gears before the turn like i tought him in the next room, when she was getting naked on squeaky bed, ass up face down. She tried not to moan too loud but she couldn't resist because i was really trying to get her as loud as possible. After i came i sat on her chest listening to the Riders on the storm feat snoop dog. The next day we've rented a flat for 20$ a day. It was fun, it was cheap, it was war, it was Ukraine 2015.
>>
>>1107564

Lmao. Was this Ukranian whore hot?
>>
File: 1456699733461.jpg (235 KB, 1336x865) Image search: [Google]
1456699733461.jpg
235 KB, 1336x865
>>1107591
she was classical Ukraine woman, strong legs and body, wide hips and medium bewbs with specific slav face with bigger features than russians
>8/11
>>
>>1103655
i the sketchy guy people think steals their phone chargers, but I can drink like a fish and hog the bathroom masturbating and crying.
>>
>>1107788
I'm the guy who actually steals their phone chargers.
They never suspect a thing.
>>
Is 27 too old to be going to hostels as a "young person"?

I know that probably sounds ridiculous. I'm 27, English and never been to many places abroad and want to try a few places in Europe. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>1108134
No need to worry, 27 is a pretty normal age for someone staying at a hostel. You most probably will meet people there who are much older than you.
>>
File: fug.jpg (9 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
9 KB, 211x246
>in hostel
>8 people room and we're 6 and the room has 4 bunk beds
>over the course the course of our stay we had different people sharing the room nothing particular
>then some aussie guys came
>all fine
>one night they're sleeping with some girls
>5 am hear moans
>they're both fucking their grills on each level of their bunk bed
>topkek.jpg
>they try to be quiet
>looks like shit sex
>mfw

I mean I don't mind people fucking but plz get some privacy for your own pleasure
>>
File: ted_mcginley_2013_04_30.jpg (67 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
ted_mcginley_2013_04_30.jpg
67 KB, 405x600
I'm the guy who will lead the common room in the drinking games. Sometimes for fun, i'll do it by where people are on their laptops. After a few drinks, i'll single out the guy who looks like he is introverted or has low social confidence and draw lots of attention to him. I'll drag him into the drinking games calling him silly nicknames and poking fun at his clothing/weight/height etc. When he tries to leave I'll say he's just being a poor sport and that I'm just ribbing into him because I like him. The look on his face when I've cornered him socially is a greater feeling than the sex I'll end up having with he girl he likes. Eventually I'll drag him to the bar and get him to buy me drinks all night while I hit on the girl he is crushing on. I do alpha male shit.
>>
File: 1460507403263.jpg (15 KB, 751x418) Image search: [Google]
1460507403263.jpg
15 KB, 751x418
>>1108203
>>
File: 1459648020399.jpg (94 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1459648020399.jpg
94 KB, 800x670
I'll be the drunk Scottish guy rolling joints and providing top quality banter. If there's any hotties about the place, I'm the first chatting shit.
If you're down we'll party till 4-5, sleep till 10 and spend the day outside getting lost in whatever city we are.

You love me and hate me.
The thing is, the hostel needs pricks like me.
>>
>>1103434
The guy that looks so generic that everyone Cole and start talking to with their native language (French, Italian, Hebrew, spanish) thinking I'm one of them and end up getting invited to go out with them.
>>
>>1108293
>>1108293
who the fuck is Cole
>>
>>1108293
Everyone come*

>>1108295
I mistyped
>>
File: nigga you don't understand.jpg (55 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
nigga you don't understand.jpg
55 KB, 346x346
I'm the guy yuros think is a dirty sudaca and locals think is a dirty gringo
>>
>>1108295
man, that made me seriously laugh
>>
This is slightly off-topic, but what are the hostels like in SE Asia, particularly Vietnam?

I've stayed in a few European ones and they've mostly been pretty good. This time though I'm travelling in a decent sized group and we're not sure if we'll stay in some dodgy hostel or a proper hotel, given the price difference is not massive in SE Asia anyway.
>>
>>1108327
i kek'd

im the one that outsmokes erryone erryday, easy going and pretty chill. also i tend to be super early in the common room waitibg for mu mates to wake up and end up having breakfast with everyone
>>
So, in fall of 2017 I'm planning to spend 2 months backpacking and hitchhiking across Europe. What's the general consensus on what to and not to do in a hostel?
>>
>>1108366
Varies a lot, but it's not better or worse than Europe on average and is far cheaper for what you get. I'm currently staying at a place just outside Sa Pa which is probably in the top 3 hostels I've ever stayed at (it's a homestay technically but same sort of idea) for $8 a night. Genuinely amazing.
>>
>>1108773
Just dont be an obnoxious asshole.
>>
File: HostelKitchen.jpg (29 KB, 598x448) Image search: [Google]
HostelKitchen.jpg
29 KB, 598x448
>>1108773
Do:
>Feel free to hang out and make friends in the hostel, that's the main benefit in staying there besides the price
>Take maps, vouchers, or whatever other useful shit is there for free
>Take a card for the hostel so you remember where it is, or can give it to a taxi driver if you're drunk (they usually have addresses and/or maps on the back for this purpose), you'll find these at the reception
>Wash your clothes if you're staying a while. They'll begin to stink in your bag very quickly if left there constantly

Don't:
>Be that asshole who uses electronics when the lights are off
>Come in really late and turn on the lights
>Come in really late and make a shitload of noise
>Fuck someone while others are in the room (feel free to get laid, just don't be a dick)
>Do any of this >>1104077 (these are common annoying things in hostels)

Generally, just be chill and social- no need to be an ultra-extrovert if that's not your thing, just enjoy it, make friends, and use it to find out more about the area.

Also, I've found that hostels are great for finding out what hostels to stay in NEXT if you're kind of making up your route as you go along. I've had hostel owners recommend hostels in small towns, and asked me to bring along stacks of business cards to give the the owner there.

Pic related is an example of a fun, chill hostel. If you want to get really drunk, there are party hostels that have that kind of atmosphere, but if you just want to chill, there are ones for that too. That's an important consideration when choosing a hostel.
>>
>>1104077
I'm the guy who comes in late, turns on the light, removes every article from my bag (every item happens to be inside a thick plastic bag), puts it all back in the bag, then leaves without turning the lights off.

I think this may have triggered my PTSD
>>
>if you look up 'hostel' on porn sites all the videos are DESIgnated

Why is this
>>
>>1108996
Why the fuck would you search for 'hostel' on a porn site?
Do you get off on seeing poorly washed, often acne ridden, average to homely looking birds that don't speak your language getting fucked in shitty bunk beds?
>>
>>1108134
I'd say 27 is definitely reaching the upper limits for what is acceptable in a hostel but you should be ok.
>>
>>1103434

fucking hostels man, me and two mates stayed in one in Japan

>the office was like a ten minute walk away, had to collect all our blankets from there what the fuck
>we get there, building is sketchy as fuck in like a back alley
>one night everyone is asleep, suddenly room is bright as fuck, loud french voices yelling to each other as they slam luggage around
>I think oh fuck its late I slept in, scramble to get up and grab phone, look at phone, its 3am in the fucking morning

we got the fuck out there and found somewhere else real soon

they are pretty much the worst thing to stay in unless you are some sort of mega-extroverted dickhead, having to sleep in a dorm room with strangers is my fucking nightmare
>>
>>1103434

>ITT lies about being the god of backpacking
>>
>>1103655

this is why we are consistently rated as such cunts when go on holiday, how many full moon parties have you been to? do you own a bintang wifebeater?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.