[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've heard that Americans are considered rockstars in poor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
I've heard that Americans are considered rockstars in poor countries and I really want to take this to the next level.

I just got fired from my job so I plan on selling my car for about 5k and heading flying off to a poor country. I have decent enough vocals and I figure I can hire a band to back me up. I plan on being shamelessly fake about my image and trying to play off the idea that Americans are rebellious badasses that play by their own rules.

I've come here to see if any of the travel gurus can offer me advice on which country to select. I don't want to go anywhere dangerous, just somewhere poor with people naive enough to think I am rockstar material. I'm hoping to hook up with a lot of girls and make enough money to at least get trashed and party every night. Basically a place with a low cost of living and a thriving music scene.
>>
>>896486

Interesting. Have you heard about this invention called the internet? Everybody's doing it. You can look up things on it, and people can look up things about you.
>>
>>896495
Yeah I have actually, you could even say I'm using the internet right now to research an idea that I have. Isn't that wild? That I am using the internet to gather information and it's so subtle that you don't even realize it?
>>
>>896537

Asking 4chan for "advice" isn't doing research
>>
>>896538
then what is the purpose of /trv/ on 4chan...please, enlighten me. This is assuming you are some kind of authority on what the purpose of 4chan is of course.
>>
Nobody likes you at home, and you'll be a loser wherever you go.
>>
Try becoming someone BEFORE leaving to a foreign country. If you're a nobody at home, you will be a nobody in another country as well.
>>
>>896540
>>896541
Absolute bullshit. I got friend that went to Thailand and got mad ass. why listen to all the bullshit rhetoric here about how I'm a nobody douchebag when I can go abroad and put my ego to good use. I know for a fact there are countries that are begging for American Rock Stars. So anybody that ACTUALLY KNOWS please help me out here.
>>
baiting trv is pointless, nobody cares kid
>>
>>896542
You're no different from the fat sweaty shut-ins who think that if they only went to Japan, they would lose their virginity and be rockstars. Become a rockstar first, then you can think about losing your virginity, home or abroad.
>>
>I got friend that went to Thailand and got mad ass.

Lol it's called prostitutes. Thailand is the easiest place to pay for sex in the world.
>>
>>896549
not really, i'm willing to put the money and effort into this. btw how many people do you know that have actually done this? 0 right? yeah thought so.
>>
>>896552
>0 right?

Zero because, I don't know, it's actually a really stupid idea and the only person your jerk-off fantasies are going to impress is you? The world isn't starved for crappy entertainment choices and doesn't need a make-believe rock star who can't speak the local language. If you had half the "personality" you think you do you wouldn't have been shitcanned from your job.
>>
>>896556
Actually an old school american live rock band performance is appealing and it has been proven through time to be appealing so you are already wrong about that. Now imagine that I go to a poor country that is basically starving for an American rockstar to visit?

Anyway, I'm just looking for someone to fill me in on what countries are feasible for this type of venture, I don't want anymore grandpa lectures.
>>
>>896559

Countries that want a real American rock star to visit? Plenty.

Countries that want some make-believe wanker to visit, who doesn't think anyone can/will do a google search on him? Zero.

Anyway, why are you bothering to ask? According to you in >>896542 you "know for a fact" that there are countries begging for your idiocy. Go to one of those.
>>
>>896561
ok dumbass let me break this down for you.

I'm not going to claim to be a rockstar, I'm going to BECOME a rockstar in one of these poor countries. There are places in the world that just love Americans and treat us like rockstars, so like I originally said I want to take it to the next level.

I have some countries in mind, but I want to hear from the gurus. Just read my post, it's all there.
>>
>>896566
>There are places in the world that just love Americans and treat us like rockstars
hahaha
and you're here to know where exactly?
hahahahaha
funny.
>>
>>896567
i'm here to get some recommendations and background information for fucks sake. help or gtfo.
>>
File: 1410011059967.jpg (20 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1410011059967.jpg
20 KB, 218x265
>>896566
>There are places in the world that just love Americans and treat us like rockstars

Thailand or the Philipines? Nope. The pussy is easy there for a Westerner, but no one gives a shit who you are and that you're American, and you're not going to be treated like a rock star. Go get in line with the rest of the douchey Ameribros and fat, bald old British polar bears. The girls there see people like you every day. No one gives a shit.
>>
>>896566

Thanks for clearing that up. Now I understand. You're not going to pretend to be a rock star. You're going to go to a new country and become a rock star. That's a far more realistic goal, so I don't know why the other anons ITT are giving you grief about it. Maybe they misunderstood as well? Anyway, now that you've made things abundantly clear I'm sure everybody will have lots and lots of advice and tips for you. But I'm guessing you really won't need all that much help, given how really straightforward and simple your plan is, plus of course all the research and thinking about it you've already done. Ordinarily I'd wish you good luck, but I'm sure a man of your talents and skills won't need it. So I'll wish you Godspeed instead OP, and I'll sigh a happy little sigh to myself some day, when I see you on the cover of the Botswana edition of The Rolling Stone.
>>
>>896569
I don't want to pay for it.

>>896570
botswana is africa which sounds dangerous to me, but yea that is kind of what i am going for. I don't really give a shit if I am on the cover of a no name magazine in a no name country. My plan is basically to form a band in a country that wants an american rockstar and to get trashed and laid everynight. I don't see why that's so hard for all the "travelers" on here to understand.

still waiting for some real advice here. where are the poor countries with a thriving rock scene and open mic night?
>>
>>896572

>Rolling Stone
>no name magazine
>Future Botswanaian Idol winner.
>>
File: 1387770784308.jpg (25 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1387770784308.jpg
25 KB, 381x380
>>>896542

>I got friend that went to Thailand and got mad ass.
>>
>>896572
You could try Lesotho or Swaziland, or perhaps try to win the hearts of the Sentinel tribe. Those people and countries are aching for an American rock star.
>>
>>896582
>try to win the hearts of the Sentinel tribe

OP, I think this is an excellent suggestion. The Sentinelese have DAT ASS, as shown by this helpful photo. You'll have no problem getting "trashed and laid every night." Rest assured, we all envy you.
>>
File: buzz-bowiecomp.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
buzz-bowiecomp.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
>>896572
You are so clueless and ignorant it hurts.
>>
>>896592
How come she looks so dtf when I know she's really just happy that she has a very reliable source of fish?
>>
>>896602
Correct. Subtle. Definitely anti-friendship.
>>
File: ejy not.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ejy not.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>896602
>dtf
>happy that she has a very reliable source of fish
>>
File: 1405407896142.jpg (40 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
1405407896142.jpg
40 KB, 450x675
Somalia Kid confounded being treated like a rock star with having a chance to become one.

Mediocre bait. Would it work better in /mu/?
>>
File: didyouknow.jpg (59 KB, 485x455) Image search: [Google]
didyouknow.jpg
59 KB, 485x455
>>896616
>Would it work better in /mu/?

/mu/, like /pol/, has no sense of humor, so the answer is probably "yes."
>>
>>896616
Yeah, that's his signature.
Maybe he should start tripfagging if he's so bent on trolling /trv/. I'd look forward to any future shitstorm he makes.
>>
>he thinks people in other countries like americans
>>
> botswana is africa which sounds dangerous to me,

Well then, I have bad news for you.

> where are the poor countries with a thriving rock scene and open mic night?

If a poor country has a "thriving" rock scene then it's going to be even harder for you to be successful.

Go to Africa. Start playing there. Make sure that you make half of what you play covers of classics.
>>
Go hang out with the Raggares in sweden.

They're hyper white trash that long for american cock
>>
>>896552
You get that visa to Somalia yet?
>>
>>896572
>"travelers"
Could you be any more of a fucking faggot? I think not.
>>
>>896538
You're a moron.
>>
>>896486
i like it

i would say SEA for the cheapness/looseness/pussy game.

But the music scene in Shanghai is bumpin. the cost of living isnt as low as some places. but yeh you sound like you would fit right in
>>
wow such a negative thread. what the fuck is wrong with you guys? i think its time for you to get out of the house and have a drink or something.
>>896654
>If a poor country has a "thriving" rock scene then it's going to be even harder for you to be successful.
you make a good point though. but theres lots of gigs in those places.
The key is to know someone who will give you a start.
do it man. i still say shanghai
>>
File: CanYouDoThis.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CanYouDoThis.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>896686
>>896689

And this, ladies and gentlemen. This. This is the reason why trolls exist. This is what feeds them. This is what nurtures them. This is what keeps them warm at night. Ladies and gentlemen, this.
>>
>>896689
>what the fuck is wrong with you guys?
Sick of faggots like you, mostly.
>>
I heard that the Aboriginals of Australia have a thriving rock scene. The stick scene is pretty big there too.
>>
>>896592
Yeah no thanks, I'm assuming that's a place with little to no electricity and if the females have to fish they probably have more to worry about than rockstars.

>>896686
>>896689
>>896667
Sweden was not even on my radar, I always thought it would be too affluent. I have a pretty tight budget too, but if you know how I could live there without spending too much money until I make it big I'm all ears. It would be my first choice if it was doable.

Shanghai would be cool but I've heard the pollution there is terrible. Do you know if there are any americans that have already kind of broken into the music scene there? I actually read about a guy that toured China in his rock band and made a documentary about it. I'm talented but the truth is I don't really want any competition. I pretty much want a country where they will just be happy to have an American on stage singing and doing some dance moves. If there are other Americans there, or even people that are from any english speaking country, they might call me out on what I am doing. I am aware there is a level of artificialness to my plan so I don't want that to come to light in whatever country I chose.
>>
>>896748
Shit nigga you wanna rock or not?
Sint nothon rockstar about complaining and thats all you seem to do.
Even foreign pussy gonna turn off to that kinda game.
>>
>>896538
It actually is.
>>
>>896561
i think its a more original travel premise than anyone else on /trv/, you're just angry that he thought of it first.
>>
>>896793
you have a point, but I've already kind of pointed out that the persona is a farce. I'm not a rockstar in the USA and I never will be. However, I think I could go to another country and kind of live life differently than I do here by playing off my American nationality and how far my dollar will go there. I have to choose the right country though, if it is too jaded with Americans I won't pull it off. So I'm complaining and scrutinizing now in order to avoid doing it later.
>>
>>896748
>a country where they will just be happy to have an American
>>896805
>playing off my American nationality
>>
>>896793

Is English your first language? Are you a whigger? Just curious.

>>896798
>you're just angry that he thought of it first.

Yes, I'm incredibly angry, frustrated, butthurt, buttravaged, buttpained, miffed, upset, rankled, and peeved. My jimmies are most definitely rustled.

>>896728

LOL, excellent.
>>
>>896805
Bro, there is literally no country on Earth like that nowadays. We live in the internet age. Fucking papua new guinea shows up on youtube (like right now).
Being white will not get you anywhere, and if you dont have the personality to play it off back home, nobody will take you seriously overseas.
It is basic human instinct to recognize confidence and lack thereof.
If you cant be that person anytime all the time, nobody is going to take it seriously after an hour.
You're better off saving your money than going overseas just to be viewed as some weird faggot prancing around.
>>
>>896870
>be viewed as some weird faggot prancing around.
implying there's anything he can do to prevent this
>>
>>896870
I will give you credit for being straight with me and telling you how you feel, but to be blunt I think you are wrong. That being said, I'm here to find out if I'm right, or if you are right. Hopefully someone can chime in and offer some useful suggestions to help us out.

So far I've got Shanghai and Sweden on my radar but that's about it. SEA sounds promising too, but I'm not sure if they actually have a music scene in their cities where I could rock out at an open mic.
>>
Trolling /trv/ 101:
1. Be Autistic
2. Select pic from your 'qt Korean' folder for the OP
3. Present original, ill-informed, and mildly inflammatory idea
4. In the early stages, work hard to establish your troll thread. Respond to any criticism, but do not give any indication of being dissuaded.
5. Further develop your troll thread by claiming your detractors to be projecting or jealous of your plan.
6. Be persistent with your replies, don't be afraid to bump your thread. Don't give up until the replies stop coming.
7. Sit back and revel in the fact that half a dozen anonymous strangers are mildly perturbed by your shitposting.
See recent examples:'I'm going to Somalia', 'I want to parachute in to China', and this thread.
>>
>>896979
Trolling /trv/ 101:
1. Find threads you don't like and spend too much of your personal time accusing them of trolling
>>
File: 1316907868710.png (101 KB, 201x216) Image search: [Google]
1316907868710.png
101 KB, 201x216
>>896952
>rock out at an open mic
>>
>>896981
How's that visa to Somalia coming along?
>>
>>896616

>still forcing this

I'd rather be the naive "Somali kid' than a autistic shitposter, do you and the dutch african "real traveler" and that Montreal cocksucker have a competition to how much times you can force your bullshit on /trv/, this isn't /tv/. Fuck off kindly.
>>
File: invincible.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
invincible.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>896979

Holy shit you're right, it's probably the same guy. His pics always have those shitty white korean copyright or disclaimers on them too.
>>
File: 1353414674511.png (29 KB, 98x120) Image search: [Google]
1353414674511.png
29 KB, 98x120
>>897076
>muh forced may may
>>
>>896572
Come to South America, people throw money at americans here just for being americans.
BUT, you have to be attractive.
>>
>>897076
>I'd rather be the naive "Somali kid' than a autistic shitposter
good point OP
>>
>>896952
I dont know why you're so persistent that it's possible when all the advice you've asked for has clearly advised that it's not.
I know you think that the world somehow works differently in these less developed countries, but it doesnt.
If you're blonde you might get asians wanting to touch your hair, but for the most part, these countries already have their own culture; within this culture, they also have talented individuals not relying on being "American".
If you aren't a discernibly talented musician, why would anyone want to see you perform, regardless of nationality?
If I wanted to see someone be an autistic nancy with a microphone, I'd just go to another hostel karaoke night.
I dont mean to push it, I just don't see how you could possibly think this is a doable path if you have any education at all on the cultures you're considering.
>>
>>897405
>I know you think that the world somehow works differently in these less developed countries, but it doesnt.
>these countries already have their own culture

You see what I did there? I understand there are a LOT of places where this wouldn't fly and I'm not trying to do anything stupid there. I am looking for a place where I can make this happen, that's why I'm here asking. I don't know a place where it is possible off the top of my head. So far people have offered Shanghai and Sweden as possiblities and I'm looking into them. I'm just here looking for suggestions, I'm not acting like I already have a game plan. For the record though, I think you are wrong. I always heard stories about Americans going places and getting rockstar treatment, but I never heard of anyone actually trying to play off that by acting like a literal rockstar. I feel like I'm the type of guy with the balls to make that happen. I understand your skepticism but just wait and see, have patience, it's me going anyway....not you.

>>897063
that's how we say it in America
>>
>>896726
>>896700
neither of these comments made sense. I gave some good advice to the OP

>>896748
>pollution
assuming you wanna be a rockstar you should be lots of drugs and smokings anyway, who cares about a bit of pollution. It's bad i guess but somedays you can wear the littleface mask. there are american musos here, especially good are the jazz band at Cotton Club
>i want no competition
but if theres no competition, theres no industry, and if there's no industry how do you expect to get a gig?
>>
>>897418
>I always heard stories about Americans going places and getting rockstar treatment
maybe in the cold war era
>actually trying to play off that by acting like a literal rockstar
You mean being a cunt in a foreign country? Australians already have that down.
>>
>>897418
>that's how we say it in America
No it's not, sperglord.
>>
Siem Reap, Cambodia
>>
>>897442
is that place safe? i know it's cheap. I'm definitely down for SE Asia. I do worry about having band equipment and securing it though.
>>
>>897441
Well, maybe you don't. But I'm american and that's how I say it, so technically I'm right.

>>897440
I wouldn't be a cunt though, if anything I would be giving life to a music scene there. By the time they realize I'm a sham they will probably have a music scene progressing and they won't really mind because of the benefits. If you think about it I could probably draw crowds to local bars and even hold relatively large concerts. It's not totally self serving, although I admit I'm pretty much thinking of myself here.
>>
>>898586
>I wouldn't be a cunt
Your thread proves otherwise.

Anyway, you're pretty delusional bro, and judging by your game plan you're gonna get ripped off and end up failing and flying back home pretty quick.
I say give it up now and just go enjoy traveling instead of trying to scam foreigners out of their time and attention. You'll probably get more out of it.
>>
>>896486
This is an awful plan and you shall regret it
>>
>>896486
Dude the answer is Indonesia, you'll be worshipped and floting in pussy.
Just stay away of Bali because there are many foreigners there and your powers will fade
>>
>>896486

If you want a chance at this, you need to go to a city like Brazzaville, Congo.

Populated enough that it makes it worth going, but behind the times enough and out of the way of most westerners that you might be able to pull it off.

Make sure you bring a decent 500ish dollar DSLR with video capability and learn how to take half decent photos/videos. Put up your fake band website before you leave the states and put in a bogus twitter feed, etc. etc. In fact, if you do this well enough and get the Africans to tweet to your feed and shit you'll even get hipsters to back you up. Once you're there say you are passing through on tour - and then pretend to fall in love with the place. Talk about how much you like Africa. Get in a bed with a local girl, tap it, and produce some brownies.

Before you know it you're the most popular guy touring all of Africa.

Next thing you know you're touring Portland, SF, and Austin because you're that dude that made it big in Brazzaville, Congo. You went to a country where people die of disease, war, and corruption on a daily basis to play a guitar and be a rockstar because fuck yeah, America.

OP, you can definitely do this. Easiest place is Brazzaville, next easiest place is probably Detroit. Although Detroit has an undocumented language and they don't really know the difference between any nationality so I'm not sure if being American helps. I'm actually not even sure they like rock. Or music.

Basically, Brazzaville.
>>
File: laughignsohard.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
laughignsohard.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>898974

10/10

pic related, me
>>
>>896486
i just got back from India. Being white, in the poor areas, people worshiped the ground we walked on. Many times people stopped me to take photos with me just because of my skin colour
>>
>>898974
You had me until you brought up Detroit, not only that but it's no secret that the Congo is not a safe place for foreigners. I'm looking for somewhere I won't be killed. Thanks for trolling though.

>>898997
This actually sounds perfect. If Sweden or Shanghai are ok I would go with them just because they sound more developed but I ould definitely see the potential in India. I just have to make sure I hit up an area where they all speak english. I also find Indian women very attractive.

>>898941
Sounds alright and maybe I would do that, I'm a little worried about the Islam angle because I'm not a muslim though. do you think that would affect my ability to get laid?
>>
>>896486
personally I would say go to anywhere in Somalia. Objectively, this is the best place to be in the world right now as a middle class westerner. You would not regret it if you packed your bags right now and flew over without even thinking about it for one second. Good luck man, and be sure to report back with all the awesome adventures you will have. Godspeed.
>>
>>899137
only an idiot would go to Somalia, that place is dangerous. Please go troll another thread. I'm looking to become a rockstar in a country that is poor, naive, AND safe.
>>
Check out Lebanon bro, I'm tall and kinda lanky but I got all types of poon there just for being white. Bitches there are easy as fuck, and the club scene is popping too.
>>
>>899219
Somalia is completely safe. Al Kabab was pushed out of Mogadishu by the UN Warmachine over 3 years ago.
>>
>>899219
Somalia is perfect for a bad ass like you. Maybe you should sky dive into it while playing air guitar? The locals would give up MAD pussy.
>>
>>896486
Maybe you should try Serra Leone (damn, I dont know how to write its name in english, hope its right), its a pacific place and theres any disease there. Youll be considered a rockstar, there are even many clubs there and plenty of girls you can trustfully fuck with no condoms. Trust me.
>>
File: 1304228895926.jpg (49 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
1304228895926.jpg
49 KB, 428x410
>this fucking thread
>>
>>896572

Confirmed for troll.

Why aren't there any mods on this board? Why can't we delete trash like this? Why? Why? Why?!
>>
>>899231
>>899240
>>899370
>>899379
The only trolls here are the people suggesting I go to dangerous places in Africa. Quit playing rent a cop and go to a thread you like if you don't like this one. There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking travel experts where I can live a rockstar lifestyle. There is nothing new about this question except for the personal spin I have put on it. It's something I want to do and I'm sorry but I have no desire to live out my life as you see fit, and I don't appreciate all of the people suggesting I go to places where I will die. I want to be a rockstar, that's it. Help me or get out of the way.
>>
>>899473
>travel experts
on 4chan
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.