[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albania General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Albanian-flag.png (19 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
Albanian-flag.png
19 KB, 750x500
Has anyone here been to Albania? After visiting Japan, I really want to travel more and look for possible places to move to out of the United States. The Albanian language has always interested me.
How would you fellows who've traveled to Albania describe it? Is it nice there? Easy/hard to get around for someone who doesn't know Albanian?
>>
Had a very nice few weeks backpacking through. Very friendly open people. Very pleasant hitchhiking. Not a ton of infrastructure. There are no real bus or train lines, only taxies. Interesting roads as well.

I would happily spend the rest of my life there and never look back. Beautiful country, amazing people.
>>
>>1109857
I'm sure the people were very friendly and open to you, but I'm afraid that's only because they wanted your money. Albania is a very backwards country where blood law is still practiced and organized crime is rampant.

"Not a ton of infrastructure" and "interesting roads" are both very shit ways of saying that infrastructure is basically nonexistent.

Overall, it's a nice place to visit if you enjoy nature and hiking and stuff like that, the mountains to the north have some of the most breathtaking views. However, it's not a place you want to stay at for more than a couple of days.
>>
>>1109867
Spent several weeks. Spent little money, was never asked for any. Given much rakia and cigarets.

If your prone to stupidity, you stand a good chance of being killed, or more likely severely beaten and robbed. It is a different world. However, if your not a fucking dipshit you will be fine.
>>
File: Albania.jpg (292 KB, 1087x720) Image search: [Google]
Albania.jpg
292 KB, 1087x720
Spent a few days in Albania two years ago. Cheap, great nature, friendly people and the infrastructure isn't as bad as some people say. Yeah, some roads are narrow and twisty, but I've seen worse in western european countries. I also tried to tip the guy at the hotel, but he wouldn't accept it, so this thing about wanting our money is crap. Didn't see any beggars either.
>>
Well, I always have to consider the possibility of being robbed or beaten anywhere I go. But in general, it sounds like an amazing place. Thanks, pals. I know where I'll be planning my next trip.
>>
Please make sure to include Kosovo in your trip. It's a very underrated destination. Prizren is one of the greatest cities in the Balkans.
>>
>>1109854
>>1110122
Albania and its capital Tirana are fun for a weekend at best. Instead listen to this anon and go to Kosovo. Pristina is a beautiful and fun city, I enjoyed it so much more than albania
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.